Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A day at work years ago
Registered Nurse-Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809September 20, 2017
It was okay. Rated 3/5 for overall rating. I really don't have anything else to write or say. I work here for a short time due to life changes. Rated 3.
Not a bad place to work...
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 12, 2017
...if you are with the right people and good management. No room for advancement in the department I work in. Misled a few times about available opportunities but no follow through. Recently got a new manager after a not so good one. Things are slowly trying to improve but a lot staff are still unhappy. New manager is accommodating and very help with work/family balance. Daily duties are easy: phones, scheduling. Can sometimes be monotonous but its nice to have the break because when its busy, its busy.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No advancement, not enough pay
Uncoordinated
Med-Surgical Nurse (Tele) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 4, 2017
I would not be likely to send people here to work. My experience was not pleasant because of the cutthroat nature of the unit. If you work here, please be mindful that these people are not your friends and will do what they can to make your job difficult as a new hire.
great place to work
6 to 1 patient to nurse ratio (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2017
I have worked for Baton Rouge General for a total of 4 years. It is a friendly environment where people respect you and greet you upon arrival. Overall great place to work!
Productive and Innovative
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 30, 2017
This was the best place ever. I loved all of my managers, coworkers and patients. I would suggest this hospital to anyone. I really miss my family that I left behind there.
teamwork is essential to growth and further development
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rogue, LAAugust 21, 2017
There is no typical day at work nursing is very flexible and changes are vastly acute. Assessment skills and prioritizing is essential in any nursing setting.
Pros
pay increase
Cons
lodging and per diem
Very fast paced, good work environment,
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2017
Enjoy working with other professionals. Good benefits and decent pay. Really, 150 word minimum. What do you want to know?? If you live in a small, rural community that doesn 't offer decent pay and flexible hours, then I would definitely give them a call and check out what BRG offers.
good people
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2017
This was a good job. Had a lot of perks as far as you didn't have to go anywhere to get lunch because you had a cafeteria on site. Great hours. The company need to get better management.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
bad management
It could have not been so enjoyable.
Operator, Customer Servive, Data Entry, Printer 2 (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 12, 2017
This job made me for who I am today pleasant, understanding, growth at first I came here not knowing this much I had good trainers, that would tell you from start to finish. I really enjoyed working there this is rated #1.
Not productive at all when I was working here.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 3, 2017
At the beginning it was just a job. Then I began to make really good friends here. So as a year or two went by, I realized I was doing alot and very much under paid. I went and talked to the manager about a raise. My manger knew I was good at my job, told me so on many occasions but only want to give me a ten cent raise. Then to find out that people was hired after me and was making way more and wasn't even doing their job right. Could say more but I'll stop at this point.
Nice place to work.
Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2017
Its a great place to work with advancement potential. The reason I would like to find something else is because of the unavailable work hours. I need a job with more work hours.
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work after I graduated nursing school. I had great preceptors and adequate training time. The typical nurse to patient ration on Telemetry unit was 1:6.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
12 hours shifts
I worked in critical care and was given house supervisory experience
Cardiac Rehabilitation / CCU RN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2017
At Baton Rouge General Hospital, I worked the weekend program while my children were small, and was able to transition to the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab program after they started in school. I appreciated the family-centered atmosphere the most.
fun place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Baton Rouge General Hospital on Bluebonnet. The atmosphere was great and i met many great people in different departments.
Good work place friendly environment great experience
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  ORJune 12, 2017
Great work environment with lots of growth opportunity friendly staff and great hours. Specialize in more than one specialty so your skill levels increase.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 22, 2017
I was only a volunteer as a student, and it was a great volunteer job. i was able to walk around the hospital when I wanted so I got to get a feel for the different areas and see where you could forsee yourself working.
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients and getting experience in the nursing filed. I prefer working in the hospital than the nursing home it is less lifting.
Professional, busy
Staff RN on telemetry/progressive care unit (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 6, 2017
I started working at Baton Rouge General right after completing nursing school. I really do not remember many specifics about this place of employment, due to the long time lapse since I was employed there.
Pros
Advanced technology
Cons
Distance to travel
Busy environment, but fun
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2017
At the general, our main goal was taking care of the patient's needs. We did that and a whole lot more. We listened and cared for everyone we came in contact with.
Pros
Great group of people to work for.
Cons
Lazy coworkers
The place to be
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
Meeting so many different people of different cultures was one of the perks to this job. It made the day go by and you learned something different everyday about different cultures. It made taking care of patients and learning experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baton Rouge General. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval