Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
HIM Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time here. This was an excellent hospital system to work for and it had great management and staff. I learned so much during my time here and my experience helped me to move forward in my career.
stressful workplace
Orthopedic medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2016
We had around 6 providers working at a time even daily some days. Some of the nurses would not be around to help their doctors immediately so it fell to others. This led to another doctor not having his nurse and it spirals out of control and patients get upset because they have been at the clinic for to long. It was not fixed by management because he claimed that we were over budget and could not hire additional support. It continue to spiral out of control and I deceived that i was ready to go back to my two doctors that left.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no support for clinic, few taking care of their work
Long and physically draining
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2016
The job itself is a very enjoyable and laid back job. Yet the management, Louis Price in particular is one of the most difficult people to work with and for. The co-workers are amazing and very helpful should something arise that you have no knowledge of
I love BRG
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2016
I have been a MHT at Baton Rouge General for a few years now. I must say I absolutely love this place. The staff is friendly. The entire hospital is very family oriented, so you feel at home away from home. My supervisor is great, and is willing to work with your schedule if you need any accommodations.
Pros
Nice annual Bonus!! Brg fit rewards card!!GPT time and cash out!
Cons
Cafeteria food could be better on the weekends
Great company for new grads but difficulty advancing career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2016
Great company to begin a nursing career. I learned a lot about main disease processes such as how to recognize them and treat them. Additionally I learned leadership skills and how to effectively multitask.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
not able to advance in company
This is a hard working job
Registered Nurse Applicant/Nurse Intern/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2016
This is a job that offers good benefits. This job will make you lose weight. it offers some convenient work schedules. This job may go on your license.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2016
you will be on your feet a lot. work is manageable through team work. must be a loving and caring person in order to be happy in this position .
I love meeting new people and assisting the patients
Baton Rouge Radiology Imaging Center (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2016
Typical day at Baton Rouge General is overloaded with work and not compensated for the task at hand. I learned to work a very busy registration office. The hardest part would probably be the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and assisting them.
Enjoyable work family
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2016
Everyone at the hospital is like a family
Managers are great and willing to work with you
Flexible hours
Peak hours can be taxing physically
Disliked this job
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  BluebonnetFebruary 17, 2016
The pay was below market rate. The manager was ok. Some of the staff in the lab made this a soul sucking job, there were some good people in there, but there were some that made this a terrible job. I found this job unbearable.
Busy work day with much interaction with patients
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of completing 10-20 jobs during a 5 hour work period. It stays very busy during most of the shift, which i like. This job has taught me how to better interact and communicate with patients and co-workers. Management could care more about the employees, but most of the time they don't. Co-workers are very hard workers and appreciative of any help they get.
Pros
Work where i go to school, co-workers i work with
Cons
Short lunch breaks, balancing school schedule and work schedule
Great pet time work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
I have kept this job as a pert time experience for many years. It has been a wonderful place to earn extra money.
My manager is outstanding and works well with my full time work schedule.
not a fun work place the crew made it worth it.
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2016
i wish it was still open the ER closed down March 2015 the state lets us down. with no money flowing in from grants there was no way to save the hospital.
Pros
the crew
Cons
type of patient flow
Very Exciting Job
medical transcription (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 19, 2015
The skills that I obtained with this company are priceless. I will forever take with me the patients that I met, the friendliest of the providers, and the culture of the office.
I enjoyed working at the Baton Rouge General.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2015
A typical day at work would began around 8am. As usual my coworkers were friendly and helpful. We all did our work to best of our abilities. We assisted each other when needed. I would perform various duties while there. Everyday would hold something different for me to do. However, I enjoyed multi-tasking. It kept me busy and the day went by faster. Some of those tasks included answering the phone, analyzing a chart, or helping out with bill hold. I also located missing charts as well help prep charts to scan in to our electronic medical records. I also scanned and indexed charts into the system as well. The hardest part of job for me would be when I couldn't find a chart. It was hard because this had an affect on the hospital's budget. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Baton Rouge General became financially unstable
Clinic Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work until the Emergency Room shut down. My direct supervisor and my administrators were very competent and I was honored to work with them.
Pros
I had wonderful supervisors
Cons
Financially unstable
great place to work
rn/ charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 21, 2015
Very diverse atmosphere, the knowledge and training were phenomenal. Every day was adventurous and challenging, but to save a life is so rewarding. My colleagues were an awesome group
Okay
ER Cashier / PAC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2015
Handle departments payments.
To appreciate and be grateful for what I have.
I enjoyed working with so many wonderful people.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Short break
Family enviroment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  baton rougeAugust 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the employees are friendly and management is great. First job out of military and fell in love. Hated having to leave.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Ook
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BATON ROUGEJune 28, 2015
I really enjoyed this job it really had a lot of perks just disliked that it was part time and had to work only so many hours but other than that the people are wonderful

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location