Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews in United States

Busy work day with much interaction with patients
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of completing 10-20 jobs during a 5 hour work period. It stays very busy during most of the shift, which i like. This job has taught me how to better interact and communicate with patients and co-workers. Management could care more about the employees, but most of the time they don't. Co-workers are very hard workers and appreciative of any help they get.
Pros
Work where i go to school, co-workers i work with
Cons
Short lunch breaks, balancing school schedule and work schedule
I enjoyed working at the Baton Rouge General.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2015
A typical day at work would began around 8am. As usual my coworkers were friendly and helpful. We all did our work to best of our abilities. We assisted each other when needed. I would perform various duties while there. Everyday would hold something different for me to do. However, I enjoyed multi-tasking. It kept me busy and the day went by faster. Some of those tasks included answering the phone, analyzing a chart, or helping out with bill hold. I also located missing charts as well help prep charts to scan in to our electronic medical records. I also scanned and indexed charts into the system as well. The hardest part of job for me would be when I couldn't find a chart. It was hard because this had an affect on the hospital's budget. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Very Exciting Job
medical transcription (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 19, 2015
The skills that I obtained with this company are priceless. I will forever take with me the patients that I met, the friendliest of the providers, and the culture of the office.
I love meeting new people and assisting the patients
Baton Rouge Radiology Imaging Center (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2016
Typical day at Baton Rouge General is overloaded with work and not compensated for the task at hand. I learned to work a very busy registration office. The hardest part would probably be the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and assisting them.
Was my first RN job.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2015
When I started at the general it was a wonderful experience. As the hospital and management changed, I began to wonder if the "other side' was greener. While I have nothing to compare it to, I found the general a wonderful place to work because of my co-workers. Management was not uplifting and I did not feel care about by those making schedules and decisions. But my co-workers were always amazing, inspirational, and the life blood of my work life. I can not speak high enough of the bedside staff. I'm hoping my next experience will not result in me becoming so untrusting of my management aspect of the multi-disciplinary team.
Family enviroment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  baton rougeAugust 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the employees are friendly and management is great. First job out of military and fell in love. Hated having to leave.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
This is a hard working job
Registered Nurse Applicant/Nurse Intern/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2016
This is a job that offers good benefits. This job will make you lose weight. it offers some convenient work schedules. This job may go on your license.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable work family
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2016
Everyone at the hospital is like a family
Managers are great and willing to work with you
Flexible hours
Peak hours can be taxing physically
Disliked this job
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  BluebonnetFebruary 17, 2016
The pay was below market rate. The manager was ok. Some of the staff in the lab made this a soul sucking job, there were some good people in there, but there were some that made this a terrible job. I found this job unbearable.
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2016
you will be on your feet a lot. work is manageable through team work. must be a loving and caring person in order to be happy in this position .
Great pet time work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
I have kept this job as a pert time experience for many years. It has been a wonderful place to earn extra money.
My manager is outstanding and works well with my full time work schedule.
not a fun work place the crew made it worth it.
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2016
i wish it was still open the ER closed down March 2015 the state lets us down. with no money flowing in from grants there was no way to save the hospital.
Pros
the crew
Cons
type of patient flow
Baton Rouge General became financially unstable
Clinic Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work until the Emergency Room shut down. My direct supervisor and my administrators were very competent and I was honored to work with them.
Pros
I had wonderful supervisors
Cons
Financially unstable
Very snobby, cliquish place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Surgical ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
I was oriented with rudeness and people talking about you behind your back. Management does nothing to stop un-proffessional, crude behavior. Administration caters to patients with social standing. If you dont't "fit in" with management's favorite staff, or if you don't have high society connections, it won't matter how much of a competent, dependable nurse you are. Raises are very low. Nurses work in a culture of constant criticism and reprimands. The system is designed to keep salaries low.
Great Family Atmosphere
RN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2012
I have worked at the Baton Rouge General for over 21 years and have to say it has been a very enjoyable experience. The management of the hospital is very concerned about staff and does as much as it can to make the staff feel important. There is a strong family atmosphere and people don't mind working with one another, even if from different departments. Benefits are great. Working conditions are excellent and safe.
Pros
bonus program, promotions available, great benefits, supportive management.
Cons
two hospitals which means sometimes you have to work at the other hospital.
great place to work
rn/ charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 21, 2015
Very diverse atmosphere, the knowledge and training were phenomenal. Every day was adventurous and challenging, but to save a life is so rewarding. My colleagues were an awesome group
Great
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2015
management could be better but overall a typical ultrasound job, great environment to work in, coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Okay
ER Cashier / PAC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2015
Handle departments payments.
To appreciate and be grateful for what I have.
I enjoyed working with so many wonderful people.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Short break
No room for advancement. Poor nursing management
Staff Rn (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, louisianaFebruary 13, 2014
Unit I worked was always understaffed. The average staffing ratio was 6-1. Most of the nurses were new graduates with little experience in caring for the types of patients on the unit. The type patients on our unit were medical surgical, telemetry, post op cardiovascular patients and other potentially critical patients. Very clickish. If you were not in "the group" you got passed over for promotions!
Pros
pay
Cons
poor staffing, management not supportive of nursing.
love my job but they are laying off people and not sure of future
Collections and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  PFSApril 13, 2015
I love my job and I am good at collections and management but they are having lay offs and not a secure future. I love my co-workers and like dealing with the insurances.
Pros
Love collections
Cons
high turn over rate