Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employer Reviews

great place to work at
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2014
No dull moment at work. Got along well with co-workers.
Easy work.
Management always had an open door policy
Most stressful job I have ever had
Staff RN, Oncology (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 9, 2014
Nurse to patient ratio was ridiculous. And if you had any less that 7 patients you were pulled to another floor, where you knew nothing about putting your patient and license at risk. It was the most stressful job I have ever had.
Delivery Driver
Warehouse/Forklift Driver/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: interaction with co-workers
Cons: low-pay and workplace morale
Inspection of the truck. Loaded truck with forklift. Received inventory in system. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers/co-workers at the hospital.
fun!
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2014
Exciting, fast moving, loving people!
fun management, outgoing
The best place to get any medical training!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: exellent staff
Cons: pay can be a little better.
When obtaining a Phlebotomy job a BRGM i was clueless as to what i was doing. Fresh out of school and lost. My supervisor and co-workers was very patient, helpful and motivating. Its because of them that i became the phlebotomist that i am today. After 5 years of being a phlebotomist i became a Phlebotomy Supervisor at an institution in which i've been – more... employed for over 9yrs. This institution (BRGM) has been very inspiring to me and i would recommend it to anyone for any type of medical training.
I'm vary grateful for and to BRGM. – less
No room for advancement. Poor nursing management
Staff Rn (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, louisianaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor staffing, management not supportive of nursing.
Unit I worked was always understaffed. The average staffing ratio was 6-1. Most of the nurses were new graduates with little experience in caring for the types of patients on the unit. The type patients on our unit were medical surgical, telemetry, post op cardiovascular patients and other potentially critical patients. Very clickish. If you were not – more... in "the group" you got passed over for promotions! – less
Great place to work and learn
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: open to new grads
Cons: went from 8 to 12 hour shifts which were difficult at the time
1st position out of Nursing school. Staff very acceptable to new grads. Great learning experience.
Baton rouge in overall good place to wrk
restock asscoite (Former Employee), cental supplyJanuary 21, 2014
I work in central supply and was the worse experience of my life. Company Baton Rouge General is a good one to work with. But the department (central supply) is the worse. Manger and supervisor are just unprofessional and very mess. They allow for mess to going for years. I think if they had new management it would be a whole lot better.
BRGMC is a wonderful hospital.
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee), BRGMCDecember 17, 2013
Great place to learn. I was allowed to expand my knowledge throughout multiple departments.
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
Pros: competative salary, wellness program, healing arts program
Cons: healthcare plan management
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
EVS team
Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed managing a wonderful group of individuals. Fast pace environment.
Great Company to Work For
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
I enjoy working here. Mostly nice people, lots of room for advancement. Great opportunity. It is what you make it. If you work hard you can move up. If you only produce average work, then that's what it'll be...an average job. Overall it's a nice company.
Interdiciplinary Team and Great Environment
MSW Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
Interning at the Baton Rouge General has given me the oppertunity to grow as a social worker in that I learned better communication skils, multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management.
Productive and good place to work.
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no room for advancement
Meeting new people and learned a great deal of things that will help in my personal and professional life. A great team oriented place to work in the accounting department but no room for advancement.
Baton Rouge General Overall
Unit Clerk/Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: short breaks
I have worked at the Bluebonnet campus for 14 years. I have enjoyed working here, I have a great manager. I worked on the Telemetry unit for 13 years and ICU for 1 year. The General reward and recognize all their employees as a whole. The general has been nationally recognize as hospital of the year several time. I enjoyed been a part of a facility – more... that has so much compassion for thier patients as well the employees. I have seen a lot of people come and go over the years and I have enjoyed many of them, I even have made good friends with a few. – less
Fast Paced
ER and Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2013
High volume and fast-paced. Wide ranging tasks and teamwork highly valued.
I worked with nurses that were very caring
Patient Care Associate SDS (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: working with people.
Cons: working with a few that didn't care.
I love helping people and I also loved my job. The hardest part was when SDS merged with another department.
enjoy my job
Registered Nurse-Emergency Dept (Current Employee), emergency departmentJuly 13, 2013
enjoyed working at Baton Rouge General. Works as a Registered Nurse in the ER, caring for neonates to elderly. Have been a registered nurse for over 25 years. I work 12 hour shifts, 36 hours per week.

Management is very good. I really like my co-workers. My job can be difficult because of the hours on my feeet. However, I enjoy caring for people
Great workplace and learning environment for my clnical experience
Nuclear Medicine Imaging Student (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 15, 2013
Pros: cafeteria lunches, hours, coworkers
Cons: distance from my hometown
A typical day started at 7am. I would arrive before technologists and perform the daily QC procedures on the cameras and dose calibrator as well as prepare the department for that day's patients.
On an average day, this department would perform a wide variety of studies usually ranging from 8-10 scans per day. Cardiac perfusion rest/stress test, HIDA – more... scans, gastric emptying, bone scans, thyroid uptake and scans, thyroid therapy, Lung V/Q, GI bleed, MUGA, DAT scans, and Octreoscans were the majority of the scans we performed. Unless a STAT case was ordered in the afternoon, we would normally finish patients around 4pm. At this point, I would clean up department and leave for the day. Through my clinical student experience, I learned dose calibrator operation, how to receive, prepapre, and safely administer radiopharmaceuticals, patient consultations for the various studies, gamma camera and PET/CT operation, patient positioning and comfort, and computer image processing. As an additional benefit to my educational learning, I gained experience in creating a patient-technologist relationship where I focused on patient comfort and satisfaction while they were under my care. I cannot name one certain aspect of this job that is most enjoyable about this job. I truly enjoyed every aspect of my experience from speaking with patients, to handling radiopharmaceuticals, to operating the camera, and also processing the studies. I am so greatful to have had the opportunity to attend this program and I look forward to my upcoming graduation and the start of my career as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. – less
had a great time at work.. the work load was fair. ER Tech
ER TECH (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2013
I had a great time working their and with the patients. I was an ER Tech

1 2 3

About Baton Rouge General

New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual – Read more