Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Great company for new grads but difficulty advancing career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2016
Great company to begin a nursing career. I learned a lot about main disease processes such as how to recognize them and treat them. Additionally I learned leadership skills and how to effectively multitask.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
not able to advance in company
This is a hard working job
Registered Nurse Applicant/Nurse Intern/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2016
This is a job that offers good benefits. This job will make you lose weight. it offers some convenient work schedules. This job may go on your license.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great company
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2016
This company is pretty fair in most instances. Occasionally they make efforts to "thank" employees. Sometimes department managers are clueless as to the distribution of work load. However, there is an open door policy and upper management is very accessible for concerns that employees may have.
Pros
Gym onsite, regular pay increases, open door policy
Cons
Possible imbalance in distribution of work load (but probably does not apply to all departments).
Awesome Teamwork and Great Facility with the ability to get the job done!
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2017
I love working with this team! Everyone works together to make sure the patient and their families come first. As an RN in the ICU, it is great to see all of the physicians and staff work together in one accord. My manager is the best ever! The hardest part of my job is facilitating multiple codes at once, but the teamwork that this department shows helps everything play out smoothly.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
12 hour days with a family, and the pay could significantly improve.
stressful workplace
Orthopedic medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2016
We had around 6 providers working at a time even daily some days. Some of the nurses would not be around to help their doctors immediately so it fell to others. This led to another doctor not having his nurse and it spirals out of control and patients get upset because they have been at the clinic for to long. It was not fixed by management because he claimed that we were over budget and could not hire additional support. It continue to spiral out of control and I deceived that i was ready to go back to my two doctors that left.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no support for clinic, few taking care of their work
Not Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 11, 2016
Management is horrible. From HR to Directors. They don't care about the staff at all. The job was draining. Lower management gets no support from upper management and they hire unqualified people. To advance in this company it's all about WHO you know.
Pros
Great doctors
Excellent Company
HIM Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time here. This was an excellent hospital system to work for and it had great management and staff. I learned so much during my time here and my experience helped me to move forward in my career.
Great place to work =, family oreinted.
PRN BUSINESS OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2017
The people are very caring, and supportive of one another and they truly care about the care they give there patients. They are very giving of there time and efforts to take care of people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no cover parking
Family oriented work place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 6, 2017
BRG is a family oriented work place. The nurses, pca, and other medical field all come together to work as a team to accomplish daily goals. Goal is to satisfy the patient and patients family while staying at BRG.
Competitive salary
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2017
This facility provides a very good foundation of learning experiences for new graduates due to exposure to all types of physical therapy.

Want to know more about Baton Rouge General?

Ask a question
Good Company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 16, 2016
I've worked as a float pool nurse, a staff nurse, and also as a nurse tech for the BRG and I have no complaints. I learned a lot as a nurse tech which helped prepare me for nursing.
fun place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2016
helped me open my mind to how many more people are suffering with these mental abilities and cant help themselves. Some of us are truly blessed
Long and physically draining
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2016
The job itself is a very enjoyable and laid back job. Yet the management, Louis Price in particular is one of the most difficult people to work with and for. The co-workers are amazing and very helpful should something arise that you have no knowledge of
I love BRG
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2016
I have been a MHT at Baton Rouge General for a few years now. I must say I absolutely love this place. The staff is friendly. The entire hospital is very family oriented, so you feel at home away from home. My supervisor is great, and is willing to work with your schedule if you need any accommodations.
Pros
Nice annual Bonus!! Brg fit rewards card!!GPT time and cash out!
Cons
Cafeteria food could be better on the weekends
Great Family Atmosphere
RN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2012
I have worked at the Baton Rouge General for over 21 years and have to say it has been a very enjoyable experience. The management of the hospital is very concerned about staff and does as much as it can to make the staff feel important. There is a strong family atmosphere and people don't mind working with one another, even if from different departments. Benefits are great. Working conditions are excellent and safe.
Pros
bonus program, promotions available, great benefits, supportive management.
Cons
two hospitals which means sometimes you have to work at the other hospital.
Very snobby, cliquish place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Surgical ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
I was oriented with rudeness and people talking about you behind your back. Management does nothing to stop un-proffessional, crude behavior. Administration caters to patients with social standing. If you dont't "fit in" with management's favorite staff, or if you don't have high society connections, it won't matter how much of a competent, dependable nurse you are. Raises are very low. Nurses work in a culture of constant criticism and reprimands. The system is designed to keep salaries low.
Family enviroment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  baton rougeAugust 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the employees are friendly and management is great. First job out of military and fell in love. Hated having to leave.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
Pros
Competative Salary, Wellness Program, Healing Arts Program
Cons
Healthcare plan management
Busy work day with much interaction with patients
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of completing 10-20 jobs during a 5 hour work period. It stays very busy during most of the shift, which i like. This job has taught me how to better interact and communicate with patients and co-workers. Management could care more about the employees, but most of the time they don't. Co-workers are very hard workers and appreciative of any help they get.
Pros
Work where i go to school, co-workers i work with
Cons
Short lunch breaks, balancing school schedule and work schedule
Great hospital to work! Great for new nurses.
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
I loved working here. Great coworkers, and good management. Lots of teamwork.
Pros
Teamwork, great doctors and nurses.
Cons
Pay, benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baton Rouge General. Our community is ready to answer.

82%