Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employer Reviews

Friendly staff
Student RN - PICU, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Nursery (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2014
Everyone was very helpful! I loved working with the mothers and babies.
Productive and fun workplace
Chief Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mid CityAugust 8, 2014
Its stressful at times when your short staff, we get the work done as a team. You can't please everybody. I don't micromanage the technicians, they know what I expect out of them. We are one big happy and dysfunctional family. The hardest part of my job is Monday mornings.The most enjoyable part, working together to give the best patient care.
A good place to work
Pharmacy (Former Employee), LouisianaJuly 26, 2014
It's a good place to work. It has it Pros and Cons but so does other jobs.
Baton Rouge General a good experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), BatonRougeJune 19, 2014
Pros: great lunch brakes
Cons: very good healthcare
I love working at baton rouge general love helping people a very good saff that did not mine helping
productive place
PRN (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2014
Pros: busy clinic
Cons: n/a
learning new things everyday. The co-workers are friendly and respectful. It is a great place to work.
Great place
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee), LouisianaMay 29, 2014
Nice great atmosphere and good people. Great place to work and meet great people.
Good Place to Work
Radiologic Tech/Nuclear Medicine Tech (Current Employee), Imaging departmentMay 16, 2014
Very good place to work. Potential to cross train within the department. Could Use more Imaging equipment for the number of patients
Most stressful job I have ever had
Staff RN, Oncology (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 9, 2014
Nurse to patient ratio was ridiculous. And if you had any less that 7 patients you were pulled to another floor, where you knew nothing about putting your patient and license at risk. It was the most stressful job I have ever had.
Delivery Driver
Warehouse/Forklift Driver/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: interaction with co-workers
Cons: low-pay and workplace morale
Inspection of the truck. Loaded truck with forklift. Received inventory in system. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers/co-workers at the hospital.
fun!
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2014
Exciting, fast moving, loving people!
fun management, outgoing
The best place to get any medical training!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: exellent staff
Cons: pay can be a little better.
When obtaining a Phlebotomy job a BRGM i was clueless as to what i was doing. Fresh out of school and lost. My supervisor and co-workers was very patient, helpful and motivating. Its because of them that i became the phlebotomist that i am today. After 5 years of being a phlebotomist i became a Phlebotomy Supervisor at an institution in which i've been – more... employed for over 9yrs. This institution (BRGM) has been very inspiring to me and i would recommend it to anyone for any type of medical training.
I'm vary grateful for and to BRGM. – less
No room for advancement. Poor nursing management
Staff Rn (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, louisianaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor staffing, management not supportive of nursing.
Unit I worked was always understaffed. The average staffing ratio was 6-1. Most of the nurses were new graduates with little experience in caring for the types of patients on the unit. The type patients on our unit were medical surgical, telemetry, post op cardiovascular patients and other potentially critical patients. Very clickish. If you were not – more... in "the group" you got passed over for promotions! – less
Great place to work and learn
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: open to new grads
Cons: went from 8 to 12 hour shifts which were difficult at the time
1st position out of Nursing school. Staff very acceptable to new grads. Great learning experience.
Baton rouge in overall good place to wrk
restock asscoite (Former Employee), cental supplyJanuary 21, 2014
I work in central supply and was the worse experience of my life. Company Baton Rouge General is a good one to work with. But the department (central supply) is the worse. Manger and supervisor are just unprofessional and very mess. They allow for mess to going for years. I think if they had new management it would be a whole lot better.
BRGMC is a wonderful hospital.
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee), BRGMCDecember 17, 2013
Great place to learn. I was allowed to expand my knowledge throughout multiple departments.
A typical work day
Cardiac ICU, Trauma and Burn unit therapist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2013
I loved greeting all my patients. I worked in Cardiac units, ER, Burn unit, and anywhere in between. This was the best place to learn new procedures for my line of work.
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
Pros: competative salary, wellness program, healing arts program
Cons: healthcare plan management
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
EVS team
Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed managing a wonderful group of individuals. Fast pace environment.
Great Company to Work For
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
I enjoy working here. Mostly nice people, lots of room for advancement. Great opportunity. It is what you make it. If you work hard you can move up. If you only produce average work, then that's what it'll be...an average job. Overall it's a nice company.
Interdiciplinary Team and Great Environment
MSW Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
Interning at the Baton Rouge General has given me the oppertunity to grow as a social worker in that I learned better communication skils, multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management.

1 2 3

About Baton Rouge General

New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual – Read more