Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

One of the best hospitals.
Hyperbaric Unit Volunteer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great people, great company.
Cons: Was there for a limited amount of time.
LOVED working at BRGMC great people, great and clean environment, fabulous people and doctors. If I was asked to come back I definitely would and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Was my first RN job.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2015
When I started at the general it was a wonderful experience. As the hospital and management changed, I began to wonder if the "other side' was greener. While I have nothing to compare it to, I found the general a wonderful place to work because of my co-workers. Management was not uplifting and I did not feel care about by those making schedules and decisions. But my co-workers were always amazing, inspirational, and the life blood of my work life. I can not speak high enough of the bedside staff. I'm hoping my next experience will not result in me becoming so untrusting of my management aspect of the multi-disciplinary team.
Pre-Analytical Tech (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2015
This was my first jobs fresh out of phlebotomy school. They were so nice and made sure that I was ready for the job. If I had questions about anything they were willing to answer it. I loved working here.
love my job but they are laying off people and not sure of future
Collections and Contract Specialist (Current Employee), PFSApril 13, 2015
Pros: Love collections
Cons: high turn over rate
I love my job and I am good at collections and management but they are having lay offs and not a secure future. I love my co-workers and like dealing with the insurances.
fast pace
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2015
working at the Baton Rouge General is a very fast pace job the type of job that you learn something new every day, I worked with insurance companies which included health ,auto,and workers comp, companies . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that at the end of the day that I did my job to the best of my ability and that the patients that I handled their claims were paid according to contract.
Nice place to work if you keep to yourself
Restock associate/ central supply department (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: short breaks
people are somewhat friendly
the hardest part of the job is the people
my co worker where lovely
I learned to work harder to get the job done
Good work place.
H I M Specialist 1 (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
The people are nice and heart warming. The people i work with look out for one another. Come check the place out to see how it works.
Team Work on Night Shift
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2015
Least paying hospital in the area; lay offs due to other hospital closing; ER holds patient all night due to limited staff on respective floors to transfer patients; ER manager very personable
Baton rouge general
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2015
i love working there. the environment is great and the people i work with and around are the best people to work with i am so glad to have them around.
We was more like family.
CNA/CMA (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at work was more like my home away from home. I learned a lot there my manager was cool he had understanding and thats what matter the most. my co-worker was more like family the hardest part was when I had to leave. I ENJOY working for and at this company.
Awesome experience!
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: long hours.
A typical day working at Bally was always GREAT! I had the ability to help clients reach their fitness goals daily. Their was nothing hard about this job as a fitness trainer. I worked with dictated people and that was one of the most enjoyable things about working at bally.
interesting and productive
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 28, 2014
Pros: yearly bonus
Fast paste working environment. Something new and interesting happens everyday. The team effort is wonderfu. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation shown by the patients for your ability to take care of them.
Awsome manager and job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great co workers awsome manager
Cons: sometimes short staffed
I am only leaving because I moved but this place is awesome. I worked on MACU a med surg floor and I can honestly say my manger and co works really had my back. It was a fun place to work and learn. Everyone is friendly. Any new comer will easily fit in.
Great hospital to work! Great for new nurses.
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: teamwork, great doctors and nurses.
Cons: pay, benefits.
I loved working here. Great coworkers, and good management. Lots of teamwork.
The Birth Center of America
Staff Nurse Endoscopy Unit (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: the ability to see life that will only happen once and give each family a great birth experience.
Cons: feast or famine. when it is busy there is barely time to eat and drink, but the outcome is so rewarding.
The was a six bed LDRP- with a level 3 NICU. The staffing culture was a awesome web of knowledge. There were nurses from other facilities in BR, NOLA -- various areas. The education I gained from this group was invaluable to which I will always be grateful.
After a few years, I could manage any patient from complicated antepartal patient - laboring patient-- postpartal/lactating patient and not to exclude high risk patients.
This staff strived for excellence and cared for the community.
very busy place
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2014
the workload can be very heavy. co workers are ok to get along with.
Busy schedule with two days NEVER being the same
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 25, 2014
BRG is a great place to work with a lot of learning opportunities.
Fun Place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2014
Learned a lot from the Doctors that I work for , I didn't mind that I was helping with a assisgments from my doctor, enjoyed working there,
Loved it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2014
This job was great. Management was good and co-workers were helpful.
Friendly staff
Student RN - PICU, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Nursery (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2014
Everyone was very helpful! I loved working with the mothers and babies.

1 2 3 4

About Baton Rouge General

New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual – Read more