Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work after I graduated nursing school. I had great preceptors and adequate training time. The typical nurse to patient ration on Telemetry unit was 1:6.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
12 hours shifts
I worked in critical care and was given house supervisory experience
Cardiac Rehabilitation / CCU RN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2017
At Baton Rouge General Hospital, I worked the weekend program while my children were small, and was able to transition to the Outpatient Cardiac Rehab program after they started in school. I appreciated the family-centered atmosphere the most.
fun place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Baton Rouge General Hospital on Bluebonnet. The atmosphere was great and i met many great people in different departments.
Good work place friendly environment great experience
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  ORJune 12, 2017
Great work environment with lots of growth opportunity friendly staff and great hours. Specialize in more than one specialty so your skill levels increase.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 22, 2017
I was only a volunteer as a student, and it was a great volunteer job. i was able to walk around the hospital when I wanted so I got to get a feel for the different areas and see where you could forsee yourself working.
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients and getting experience in the nursing filed. I prefer working in the hospital than the nursing home it is less lifting.
Professional, busy
Staff RN on telemetry/progressive care unit (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 6, 2017
I started working at Baton Rouge General right after completing nursing school. I really do not remember many specifics about this place of employment, due to the long time lapse since I was employed there.
Pros
Advanced technology
Cons
Distance to travel
Busy environment, but fun
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2017
At the general, our main goal was taking care of the patient's needs. We did that and a whole lot more. We listened and cared for everyone we came in contact with.
Pros
Great group of people to work for.
Cons
Lazy coworkers
The place to be
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
Meeting so many different people of different cultures was one of the perks to this job. It made the day go by and you learned something different everyday about different cultures. It made taking care of patients and learning experience
Very nice place to be employed
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
Management is great. Dealing with work and my personal life is pretty bearable working here at BRG. I came working here to make sure I could have handled work and everything outside of work as well. They were very good with helping me with that.
Loved it
RRT (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 8, 2017
Every job will have its pros and cons. This hospital, at least in the respiratory department, knows how to stand behind their Therapist. They are willing to work with you on your schedule and the pay is great. It's more like a family than just coworkers.
It is a reasonable place to work at
Managed Care Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 31, 2017
Baton Rouge General is a 2-hospital system, very tight in its culture, which sometimes makes it challenging to advance. Life/work balance is not well respected.
Great oppurtunity
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 30, 2017
I received this position because I was approaching my senior year of nursing school. The only way to acquire this job is through being a nursing student.
Baton Rouge General
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 29, 2017
Decent place to work, the workplace culture can be difficult. The nurses can be difficult to work with, but, overall the company is ok to work for. Must be persistent to be educated.
Get overs
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 10, 2017
Working here was not the best. some showed great team work while others didn't. on weekends working here was not the best place to work because all co worlers would call out and you would be there alone. althought the job was done that just showed poor effort and performance
Big and busy hospital
Pharmacist Technician, Inpatient (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2017
Each day was always busy and worked with a team of people who was always willing to help out in every department, A management team who was fare and reasonable.
Good Entry Level Position
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 28, 2017
This was my first job entering the medical field. Was very faced paced and diverse. Pay was not the best but it paid the bills. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed, it can wear you down. But I'd do it again.
Competitive salary
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2017
This facility provides a very good foundation of learning experiences for new graduates due to exposure to all types of physical therapy.
Great place to work =, family oreinted.
PRN BUSINESS OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2017
The people are very caring, and supportive of one another and they truly care about the care they give there patients. They are very giving of there time and efforts to take care of people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no cover parking
Awesome Teamwork and Great Facility with the ability to get the job done!
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2017
I love working with this team! Everyone works together to make sure the patient and their families come first. As an RN in the ICU, it is great to see all of the physicians and staff work together in one accord. My manager is the best ever! The hardest part of my job is facilitating multiple codes at once, but the teamwork that this department shows helps everything play out smoothly.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
12 hour days with a family, and the pay could significantly improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baton Rouge General. Our community is ready to answer.

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location