Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Family enviroment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  baton rougeAugust 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the employees are friendly and management is great. First job out of military and fell in love. Hated having to leave.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
OOK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BATON ROUGEJune 28, 2015
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS JOB IT REALLY HAD A LOT OF PERKS JUST DISLIKED THAT IT WAS PART TIME AND HAD TO WORK ONLY SO MANY HOURS BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE PEOPLE ARE WONDERFUL
Educational Place
Pre-Analytic Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge,LaJune 20, 2015
• Responsible for accessioning, receiving and specimen processing, answering phones, faxing results upon request, report distribution and phlebotomy.
• Completes assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner without comprising the quality of the patient sample.
• Exercises good judgment in recognizing and correcting irregularities and/or unusual requests
Great
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2015
management could be better but overall a typical ultrasound job, great environment to work in, coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
One of the best hospitals.
Hyperbaric Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2015
LOVED working at BRGMC great people, great and clean environment, fabulous people and doctors. If I was asked to come back I definitely would and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Pros
Great people, great company.
Cons
Was there for a limited amount of time.
Was my first RN job.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2015
When I started at the general it was a wonderful experience. As the hospital and management changed, I began to wonder if the "other side' was greener. While I have nothing to compare it to, I found the general a wonderful place to work because of my co-workers. Management was not uplifting and I did not feel care about by those making schedules and decisions. But my co-workers were always amazing, inspirational, and the life blood of my work life. I can not speak high enough of the bedside staff. I'm hoping my next experience will not result in me becoming so untrusting of my management aspect of the multi-disciplinary team.
Pre-Analytical Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2015
This was my first jobs fresh out of phlebotomy school. They were so nice and made sure that I was ready for the job. If I had questions about anything they were willing to answer it. I loved working here.
love my job but they are laying off people and not sure of future
Collections and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  PFSApril 13, 2015
I love my job and I am good at collections and management but they are having lay offs and not a secure future. I love my co-workers and like dealing with the insurances.
Pros
Love collections
Cons
high turn over rate
fast pace
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2015
working at the Baton Rouge General is a very fast pace job the type of job that you learn something new every day, I worked with insurance companies which included health ,auto,and workers comp, companies . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that at the end of the day that I did my job to the best of my ability and that the patients that I handled their claims were paid according to contract.
Nice place to work if you keep to yourself
Restock associate/ central supply department (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2015
people are somewhat friendly
the hardest part of the job is the people
my co worker where lovely
I learned to work harder to get the job done
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
short breaks
Good work place.
H I M Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2015
The people are nice and heart warming. The people i work with look out for one another. Come check the place out to see how it works.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Team Work on Night Shift
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2015
Least paying hospital in the area; lay offs due to other hospital closing; ER holds patient all night due to limited staff on respective floors to transfer patients; ER manager very personable
Baton rouge general
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2015
i love working there. the environment is great and the people i work with and around are the best people to work with i am so glad to have them around.
We was more like family.
CNA/CMA (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at work was more like my home away from home. I learned a lot there my manager was cool he had understanding and thats what matter the most. my co-worker was more like family the hardest part was when I had to leave. I ENJOY working for and at this company.
Awesome experience!
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2014
A typical day working at Bally was always GREAT! I had the ability to help clients reach their fitness goals daily. Their was nothing hard about this job as a fitness trainer. I worked with dictated people and that was one of the most enjoyable things about working at bally.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
long hours.
interesting and productive
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 28, 2014
Fast paste working environment. Something new and interesting happens everyday. The team effort is wonderfu. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation shown by the patients for your ability to take care of them.
Pros
yearly bonus
Awsome manager and job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 29, 2014
I am only leaving because I moved but this place is awesome. I worked on MACU a med surg floor and I can honestly say my manger and co works really had my back. It was a fun place to work and learn. Everyone is friendly. Any new comer will easily fit in.
Pros
great co workers awsome manager
Cons
sometimes short staffed
Great hospital to work! Great for new nurses.
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
I loved working here. Great coworkers, and good management. Lots of teamwork.
Pros
teamwork, great doctors and nurses.
Cons
pay, benefits.
The Birth Center of America
Staff Nurse Endoscopy Unit (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 5, 2014
The was a six bed LDRP- with a level 3 NICU. The staffing culture was a awesome web of knowledge. There were nurses from other facilities in BR, NOLA -- various areas. The education I gained from this group was invaluable to which I will always be grateful.
After a few years, I could manage any patient from complicated antepartal patient - laboring patient-- postpartal/lactating patient and not to exclude high risk patients.
This staff strived for excellence and cared for the community.
Pros
the ability to see life that will only happen once and give each family a great birth experience.
Cons
feast or famine. when it is busy there is barely time to eat and drink, but the outcome is so rewarding.
very busy place
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2014
the workload can be very heavy. co workers are ok to get along with.