Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews in United States

No room for advancement. Poor nursing management
Staff Rn (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, louisianaFebruary 13, 2014
Unit I worked was always understaffed. The average staffing ratio was 6-1. Most of the nurses were new graduates with little experience in caring for the types of patients on the unit. The type patients on our unit were medical surgical, telemetry, post op cardiovascular patients and other potentially critical patients. Very clickish. If you were not in "the group" you got passed over for promotions!
Pros
pay
Cons
poor staffing, management not supportive of nursing.
Great
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2015
management could be better but overall a typical ultrasound job, great environment to work in, coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Okay
ER Cashier / PAC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2015
Handle departments payments.
To appreciate and be grateful for what I have.
I enjoyed working with so many wonderful people.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Short break
The Birth Center of America
Staff Nurse Endoscopy Unit (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 5, 2014
The was a six bed LDRP- with a level 3 NICU. The staffing culture was a awesome web of knowledge. There were nurses from other facilities in BR, NOLA -- various areas. The education I gained from this group was invaluable to which I will always be grateful.
After a few years, I could manage any patient from complicated antepartal patient - laboring patient-- postpartal/lactating patient and not to exclude high risk patients.
This staff strived for excellence and cared for the community.
Pros
the ability to see life that will only happen once and give each family a great birth experience.
Cons
feast or famine. when it is busy there is barely time to eat and drink, but the outcome is so rewarding.
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
Pros
competative salary, wellness program, healing arts program
Cons
healthcare plan management
Great hospital to work! Great for new nurses.
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
I loved working here. Great coworkers, and good management. Lots of teamwork.
Pros
teamwork, great doctors and nurses.
Cons
pay, benefits.
love my job but they are laying off people and not sure of future
Collections and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  PFSApril 13, 2015
I love my job and I am good at collections and management but they are having lay offs and not a secure future. I love my co-workers and like dealing with the insurances.
Pros
Love collections
Cons
high turn over rate
Nice place to work if you keep to yourself
Restock associate/ central supply department (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2015
people are somewhat friendly
the hardest part of the job is the people
my co worker where lovely
I learned to work harder to get the job done
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
short breaks
Great Company to Work For
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
I enjoy working here. Mostly nice people, lots of room for advancement. Great opportunity. It is what you make it. If you work hard you can move up. If you only produce average work, then that's what it'll be...an average job. Overall it's a nice company.
Educational Place
Pre-Analytic Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge,LaJune 20, 2015
• Responsible for accessioning, receiving and specimen processing, answering phones, faxing results upon request, report distribution and phlebotomy.
• Completes assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner without comprising the quality of the patient sample.
• Exercises good judgment in recognizing and correcting irregularities and/or unusual requests
Assisted in saving lives
Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work involved the sterilization of surgical instruments and equipment used by surgeons. I learned the process of cleaning instruments properly. Management was reasonable and fair. Co-workers worked as a team to ensure that the instruments were properly sterile. Our care for properly sterilizing the instruments were just as important for patients as it would be if our loved ones were in the same circumstance. There was nothing hard about the job and having the privilege of being part of the process that help saved lives was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Awesome experience!
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2014
A typical day working at Bally was always GREAT! I had the ability to help clients reach their fitness goals daily. Their was nothing hard about this job as a fitness trainer. I worked with dictated people and that was one of the most enjoyable things about working at bally.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
long hours.
A very interesting place to work
Employee Health and Wellness Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2012
A typical day for me would be giving vaccines and drug screens and new hire health assessments. Since working here I have learned a lot more about infection control and hospital exposure risks. Management is very friendly and easy going. The hardest part of the job is proving to coworkers that you deserve the position that you hold. The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom of expression.
Pros
open minded managemant
Cons
coworkers always question your skill level and knowlege
Good work place.
H I M Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2015
The people are nice and heart warming. The people i work with look out for one another. Come check the place out to see how it works.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
The best hospital in Baton Rouge.
Registered Nurse - Charge and Staff - Inpatient (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaJuly 12, 2012
This is the best hospital in Baton Rouge. It is top rated by unbiased research on caring for the most important medical problems encountered. The staff is the most caring and skilled anywhere. The education is top notch. The management is the best. Co-workers support each other. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing patients improve on a consistent basis. The doctors are professional, courteous and competent. I love it!
Pros
great hospital.
Cons
not for slackers.
Good place to work and get experience
Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 14, 2013
A typical day for me is scrubbing a few cases and mostly spending time getting everyone ready for tomorrow's day. Management is undergoing changes for the better and coworkers are mostly not around as i work the graveyard shift. The hardest part of the job is being up all night. The most enjoyable part of the job is being up and ready to save a life in the middle of the night.
Cons
understaffed
Ook
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BATON ROUGEJune 28, 2015
I really enjoyed this job it really had a lot of perks just disliked that it was part time and had to work only so many hours but other than that the people are wonderful
One of the best hospitals.
Hyperbaric Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2015
LOVED working at BRGMC great people, great and clean environment, fabulous people and doctors. If I was asked to come back I definitely would and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Pros
Great people, great company.
Cons
Was there for a limited amount of time.
fast pace
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2015
working at the Baton Rouge General is a very fast pace job the type of job that you learn something new every day, I worked with insurance companies which included health ,auto,and workers comp, companies . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that at the end of the day that I did my job to the best of my ability and that the patients that I handled their claims were paid according to contract.
A very fun place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2012
A typical day at work as a CNA was very awarding. Management was very fair. My co workers played a good role with team work. The hardest part of my job was when my patient expired. The most enjoyable part of the job was when my patient would get better and was able to go home with they family.
Pros
a big discount on meals.
Cons
short breaks sometimes.

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location