Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employer Reviews

BRGMC is a wonderful hospital.
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee), BRGMCDecember 17, 2013
Great place to learn. I was allowed to expand my knowledge throughout multiple departments.
A typical work day
Cardiac ICU, Trauma and Burn unit therapist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2013
I loved greeting all my patients. I worked in Cardiac units, ER, Burn unit, and anywhere in between. This was the best place to learn new procedures for my line of work.
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
Pros: competative salary, wellness program, healing arts program
Cons: healthcare plan management
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
EVS team
Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed managing a wonderful group of individuals. Fast pace environment.
Great Company to Work For
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
I enjoy working here. Mostly nice people, lots of room for advancement. Great opportunity. It is what you make it. If you work hard you can move up. If you only produce average work, then that's what it'll be...an average job. Overall it's a nice company.
Interdiciplinary Team and Great Environment
MSW Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
Interning at the Baton Rouge General has given me the oppertunity to grow as a social worker in that I learned better communication skils, multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management.
Productive and good place to work.
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no room for advancement
Meeting new people and learned a great deal of things that will help in my personal and professional life. A great team oriented place to work in the accounting department but no room for advancement.
Baton Rouge General Overall
Unit Clerk/Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: short breaks
I have worked at the Bluebonnet campus for 14 years. I have enjoyed working here, I have a great manager. I worked on the Telemetry unit for 13 years and ICU for 1 year. The General reward and recognize all their employees as a whole. The general has been nationally recognize as hospital of the year several time. I enjoyed been a part of a facility – more... that has so much compassion for thier patients as well the employees. I have seen a lot of people come and go over the years and I have enjoyed many of them, I even have made good friends with a few. – less
Fast Paced
ER and Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2013
High volume and fast-paced. Wide ranging tasks and teamwork highly valued.
I worked with nurses that were very caring
Patient Care Associate SDS (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: working with people.
Cons: working with a few that didn't care.
I love helping people and I also loved my job. The hardest part was when SDS merged with another department.
enjoy my job
Registered Nurse-Emergency Dept (Current Employee), emergency departmentJuly 13, 2013
enjoyed working at Baton Rouge General. Works as a Registered Nurse in the ER, caring for neonates to elderly. Have been a registered nurse for over 25 years. I work 12 hour shifts, 36 hours per week.

Management is very good. I really like my co-workers. My job can be difficult because of the hours on my feeet. However, I enjoy caring for people
Great workplace and learning environment for my clnical experience
Nuclear Medicine Imaging Student (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 15, 2013
Pros: cafeteria lunches, hours, coworkers
Cons: distance from my hometown
A typical day started at 7am. I would arrive before technologists and perform the daily QC procedures on the cameras and dose calibrator as well as prepare the department for that day's patients.
On an average day, this department would perform a wide variety of studies usually ranging from 8-10 scans per day. Cardiac perfusion rest/stress test, HIDA – more... scans, gastric emptying, bone scans, thyroid uptake and scans, thyroid therapy, Lung V/Q, GI bleed, MUGA, DAT scans, and Octreoscans were the majority of the scans we performed. Unless a STAT case was ordered in the afternoon, we would normally finish patients around 4pm. At this point, I would clean up department and leave for the day. Through my clinical student experience, I learned dose calibrator operation, how to receive, prepapre, and safely administer radiopharmaceuticals, patient consultations for the various studies, gamma camera and PET/CT operation, patient positioning and comfort, and computer image processing. As an additional benefit to my educational learning, I gained experience in creating a patient-technologist relationship where I focused on patient comfort and satisfaction while they were under my care. I cannot name one certain aspect of this job that is most enjoyable about this job. I truly enjoyed every aspect of my experience from speaking with patients, to handling radiopharmaceuticals, to operating the camera, and also processing the studies. I am so greatful to have had the opportunity to attend this program and I look forward to my upcoming graduation and the start of my career as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. – less
had a great time at work.. the work load was fair. ER Tech
ER TECH (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2013
I had a great time working their and with the patients. I was an ER Tech
Hospital thrives on "reverse discrimination"
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), baton rouge, louisianaMay 8, 2013
Cons: poor managers
Very "cliquish." Always plays the "race" card.

Felons have worked and are still working in the pharmacy.
terrible place to work
maintenance (Former Employee), baton rougeApril 29, 2013
Cons: poor pay
no growth potential, no opportunity for advancement would not recommend to anyone
always a team player and likes to work really hard
Phelbotomist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 20, 2013
Pros: team player
Cons: no breaks sometimes
really great co workers, working very nice hours, the employees never got thank you for geting the job done and working very long hours
Fun place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2013
Pros: loved working with patients
Cons: no complaints
Great place to work . Continuing educational programs. Great Benefits
Oh my god!!
RN operating room (Current Employee), Baton RougeApril 2, 2013
Pros: beautiful hospital
Cons: ...no breaks
I'm on a current travel assignment at Baton Rouge General OR. I have never worked so hard in all my life in an OR. It's a huge surgery dept so being on your feet and looking for supplies in 3 cores is unavoidable. I've never worked in a facility that didnt offer an am break. The staff works really hard and should get an opportunity to go to barhroom – more... and get water. I got to a point where I was shocked if I got a lunch break! I think lunch break is automatically deducted from hours but I know for a fact employees are not getting full 30 mins! The Mkesson charting is HORRIBLE! There are so many other charting systems that are so much easier!! Dont get me started on the stack of paperwork you need to complete a surgery!!!...... charge tickets, preference cards, stickers and operating room nurses are responsible for getting and turning in anesthesia paperwork?!! Heres an idea... how about anes. take care of their own paperwork and OR take care of their own paperwork. Its a concept that works great at every other facility ive worked at. There are ways to make this place a more user friendly OR and make it a bit easier on staff but I'm just a contract worker & ill be out if there ASAP! – less
When to Delivery to company and don't have to delivery no more that day ping pong table.
Selling product to difference Business (Current Employee), Baton Rouge,LA.March 26, 2013
Pros: stopping of when you want if something that have to be delivery at that time frame.
Cons: when delivery have to make it before business is for that day 5:00 to 6:00 clock
.when sitting around waiting on to delivery to the next place
. Get job don't like it support to be done.
.Delivery job proper wait try to make time frame for whole day
.people who give your paper work to delivery and map are person who sit side you
.first day at work and don't have to much to do
Are just don't know area.
.when you got good at job and – more... thing going good. – less
Exciting, fun, fast pace
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: everything
My time at baton rouge general was the best, it was fun the patients were amazing i loved every bit of my time there.

About Baton Rouge General

New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual – Read more