Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews in United States

We was more like family.
CNA/CMA (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at work was more like my home away from home. I learned a lot there my manager was cool he had understanding and thats what matter the most. my co-worker was more like family the hardest part was when I had to leave. I ENJOY working for and at this company.
Good place to work and get experience
Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 14, 2013
A typical day for me is scrubbing a few cases and mostly spending time getting everyone ready for tomorrow's day. Management is undergoing changes for the better and coworkers are mostly not around as i work the graveyard shift. The hardest part of the job is being up all night. The most enjoyable part of the job is being up and ready to save a life in the middle of the night.
Cons
understaffed
Awsome manager and job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 29, 2014
I am only leaving because I moved but this place is awesome. I worked on MACU a med surg floor and I can honestly say my manger and co works really had my back. It was a fun place to work and learn. Everyone is friendly. Any new comer will easily fit in.
Pros
great co workers awsome manager
Cons
sometimes short staffed
A job worthwhile
RN, PRN House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2012
I enjoy my days working for BRG. Employees work at both Bluebonnet and Midcity. The atmosphere is friendly. People say Hello as you pass them in the hallway. All employees work very hard to keep the environment clean and presentable. The nurses care about their patients. I know they give 100% to each patient. Some days are very hectic, but at the end of the day, its worthwhile, knowing you die a good job.
Friendly Staff that care for patients
RN,BSN PI Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2013
I had greatopportunities. Worked a number of different positions. Most recently as a Black Belt. Spent 50 % of my time as a Project Manager, 50 % Training and Mentoring Leadership. I loved the people but missed the clinical setting.
Pros
competative salary, wellness program, healing arts program
Cons
healthcare plan management
Baton rouge in overall good place to wrk
restock asscoite (Former Employee) –  cental supplyJanuary 21, 2014
I work in central supply and was the worse experience of my life. Company Baton Rouge General is a good one to work with. But the department (central supply) is the worse. Manger and supervisor are just unprofessional and very mess. They allow for mess to going for years. I think if they had new management it would be a whole lot better.
It was a laid back working environment where everyone got along.
Patient Access Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 2, 2013
The Emergency Room was a fast-paced fun working environment, the hospital was always clean and everyone in all of the departments got along. I learned how to handle different types of people and to have compassion on even those that are rude.
Pros
staff clicked together well
Cons
uniform changed too much
Productive and Fun Workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 19, 2012
They didnt have that many patients so we each got like 8 tickets a piece to do and we celebrated it with a fun but work day. My co- workers were easy to get along with and if you need help with anything they would be there to help. The hardest part of the job is when there is a patient that you have to spend at least 10-15 minutes on just to find their veins..
Sitting behind a counter answering the telephone and greeting people
Volunteer receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lobby/Reception area of the hospitalSeptember 10, 2012
My day consisted of answering a multi line phone to answer questions that were asked about the patients without giving out personel or identifying information about the patient. I would also direct people to the right areas of the hospital that they were seeking.
Pros
working with people
A very fun place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2012
A typical day at work as a CNA was very awarding. Management was very fair. My co workers played a good role with team work. The hardest part of my job was when my patient expired. The most enjoyable part of the job was when my patient would get better and was able to go home with they family.
Pros
a big discount on meals.
Cons
short breaks sometimes.
enjoy my job
Registered Nurse-Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  emergency departmentJuly 13, 2013
enjoyed working at Baton Rouge General. Works as a Registered Nurse in the ER, caring for neonates to elderly. Have been a registered nurse for over 25 years. I work 12 hour shifts, 36 hours per week.

Management is very good. I really like my co-workers. My job can be difficult because of the hours on my feeet. However, I enjoy caring for people
interesting and productive
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 28, 2014
Fast paste working environment. Something new and interesting happens everyday. The team effort is wonderfu. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation shown by the patients for your ability to take care of them.
Pros
yearly bonus
Review
Emergency Room Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2012
Alot of trauma experience! Enjoyed my co-workers very much. Was a teaching hospital, so also worked with residence. I felt like I really learned alot of information, skills, etc. At this hospital!
Pros
trauma experience, teamwork, enjoyed co-workers
Cons
in a bad part of town, had a shooting in the ed waiting room once
Good work place.
H I M Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2015
The people are nice and heart warming. The people i work with look out for one another. Come check the place out to see how it works.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Delivery Driver
Warehouse/Forklift Driver/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2014
Inspection of the truck. Loaded truck with forklift. Received inventory in system. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers/co-workers at the hospital.
Pros
interaction with co-workers
Cons
low-pay and workplace morale
Productive and good place to work.
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2013
Meeting new people and learned a great deal of things that will help in my personal and professional life. A great team oriented place to work in the accounting department but no room for advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no room for advancement
Caring place to work
Patient Assistance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2012
The days are filled with joy and pain, but you are able to go home at the end of the day knowing you helped someone. The hardest part about the job would be losing someone, but the most enjoyable thing is when you can help someone who is pain put on a smile.
evs tech
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 2, 2013
housekeeping is imporant and don't take it for granted and I [layed a major roll in the hospital setting and in every day peoples lives/ cleaning is something that you must like doing so that you can clean and not half way clean think of it as something your useing are have to stay
Great Company to Work For
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2013
I enjoy working here. Mostly nice people, lots of room for advancement. Great opportunity. It is what you make it. If you work hard you can move up. If you only produce average work, then that's what it'll be...an average job. Overall it's a nice company.
Baton rouge general
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2015
i love working there. the environment is great and the people i work with and around are the best people to work with i am so glad to have them around.

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location