Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2013
Pros: loved working with patients
Cons: no complaints
Great place to work . Continuing educational programs. Great Benefits
Oh my god!!
RN operating room (Current Employee), Baton RougeApril 2, 2013
Pros: beautiful hospital
Cons: ...no breaks
I'm on a current travel assignment at Baton Rouge General OR. I have never worked so hard in all my life in an OR. It's a huge surgery dept so being on your feet and looking for supplies in 3 cores is unavoidable. I've never worked in a facility that didnt offer an am break. The staff works really hard and should get an opportunity to go to barhroom and get water. I got to a point where I was shocked if I got a lunch break! I think lunch break is automatically deducted from hours but I know for a fact employees are not getting full 30 mins! The Mkesson charting is HORRIBLE! There are so many other charting systems that are so much easier!! Dont get me started on the stack of paperwork you need to complete a surgery!!!...... charge tickets, preference cards, stickers and operating room nurses are responsible for getting and turning in anesthesia paperwork?!! Heres an idea... how about anes. take care of their own paperwork and OR take care of their own paperwork. Its a concept that works great at every other facility ive worked at. There are ways to make this place a more user friendly OR and make it a bit easier on staff but I'm just a contract worker & ill be out if there ASAP!
When to Delivery to company and don't have to delivery no more that day ping pong table.
Selling product to difference Business (Current Employee), Baton Rouge,LA.March 26, 2013
Pros: stopping of when you want if something that have to be delivery at that time frame.
Cons: when delivery have to make it before business is for that day 5:00 to 6:00 clock
.when sitting around waiting on to delivery to the next place
. Get job don't like it support to be done.
.Delivery job proper wait try to make time frame for whole day
.people who give your paper work to delivery and map are person who sit side you
.first day at work and don't have to much to do
Are just don't know area.
.when you got good at job and thing going good.
Exciting, fun, fast pace
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: everything
My time at baton rouge general was the best, it was fun the patients were amazing i loved every bit of my time there.
Dirty hospital
insider (Former Employee), mid cityFebruary 22, 2013
I would NEVER go to this hospital after working there! Get the lab supervisor out of there! Doctors put things on your chart that you don't have and say they had to. Very dirty environment. Just overall terrible!
Good place to work and get experience
Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 14, 2013
Cons: understaffed
A typical day for me is scrubbing a few cases and mostly spending time getting everyone ready for tomorrow's day. Management is undergoing changes for the better and coworkers are mostly not around as i work the graveyard shift. The hardest part of the job is being up all night. The most enjoyable part of the job is being up and ready to save a life in the middle of the night.
Very snobby, cliquish place to work
RN (Current Employee), Surgical ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
I was oriented with rudeness and people talking about you behind your back. Management does nothing to stop un-proffessional, crude behavior. Administration caters to patients with social standing. If you dont't "fit in" with management's favorite staff, or if you don't have high society connections, it won't matter how much of a competent, dependable nurse you are. Raises are very low. Nurses work in a culture of constant criticism and reprimands. The system is designed to keep salaries low.
evs tech
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 2, 2013
housekeeping is imporant and don't take it for granted and I [layed a major roll in the hospital setting and in every day peoples lives/ cleaning is something that you must like doing so that you can clean and not half way clean think of it as something your useing are have to stay
It was a laid back working environment where everyone got along.
Patient Access Coordinator I (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: staff clicked together well
Cons: uniform changed too much
The Emergency Room was a fast-paced fun working environment, the hospital was always clean and everyone in all of the departments got along. I learned how to handle different types of people and to have compassion on even those that are rude.
I would love to continue working at BRG but the pay is not sufficient.
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge LADecember 30, 2012
BRG is a beautiful hospital with genuine people providing quality care to patients and their guests.
A very fun place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2012
Pros: a big discount on meals.
Cons: short breaks sometimes.
A typical day at work as a CNA was very awarding. Management was very fair. My co workers played a good role with team work. The hardest part of my job was when my patient expired. The most enjoyable part of the job was when my patient would get better and was able to go home with they family.
Assisted in saving lives
Sterile Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work involved the sterilization of surgical instruments and equipment used by surgeons. I learned the process of cleaning instruments properly. Management was reasonable and fair. Co-workers worked as a team to ensure that the instruments were properly sterile. Our care for properly sterilizing the instruments were just as important for patients as it would be if our loved ones were in the same circumstance. There was nothing hard about the job and having the privilege of being part of the process that help saved lives was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Family Atmosphere
RN (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2012
Pros: bonus program, promotions available, great benefits, supportive management.
Cons: two hospitals which means sometimes you have to work at the other hospital.
I have worked at the Baton Rouge General for over 21 years and have to say it has been a very enjoyable experience. The management of the hospital is very concerned about staff and does as much as it can to make the staff feel important. There is a strong family atmosphere and people don't mind working with one another, even if from different departments. Benefits are great. Working conditions are excellent and safe.
Sitting behind a counter answering the telephone and greeting people
Volunteer receptionist (Former Employee), Lobby/Reception area of the hospitalSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: working with people
My day consisted of answering a multi line phone to answer questions that were asked about the patients without giving out personel or identifying information about the patient. I would also direct people to the right areas of the hospital that they were seeking.
fun place
Security Officer (Former Employee), 3600 florida blvdAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: being stuck outside when its raining
Enjoyed helping other people out. Typical night included locking hospital doors and escorting visitors to patient rooms after hours. Enjoyed my time there.
Review
Emergency Room Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2012
Pros: trauma experience, teamwork, enjoyed co-workers
Cons: in a bad part of town, had a shooting in the ed waiting room once
ALOT OF TRAUMA EXPERIENCE! ENJOYED MY CO-WORKERS VERY MUCH. WAS A TEACHING HOSPITAL, SO ALSO WORKED WITH RESIDENCE. I FELT LIKE I REALLY LEARNED ALOT OF INFORMATION, SKILLS, ETC. AT THIS HOSPITAL!
BRG is a pretty good place to work but lots have changed.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: lack of staff
I've been with BRG since 2006. I started on their oncology/hematology floor where I got much more than expected. This floor gave the ultimate nursing experience. unfortunately our floor was moved to the newer campus and i was placed on a telemetry floor. This floor.....you better have your skates on.....but I definitely learned alot. The hardest part of this job is the lack of staff but I enjoy working with my patients and co-workers.
Fun lot of fitness fit.
Lead Floor Tech (Floor technician) (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: benefits
Enjoyable, I love housekeeping. I'm very much experience in every aspect of the job.
Worthy Work
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2012
Pros: excellent experiences
Cons: long hours
I was helping to make a difference, I felt satisfied as a person.
The best hospital in Baton Rouge.
Registered Nurse - Charge and Staff - Inpatient (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJuly 12, 2012
Pros: great hospital.
Cons: not for slackers.
This is the best hospital in Baton Rouge. It is top rated by unbiased research on caring for the most important medical problems encountered. The staff is the most caring and skilled anywhere. The education is top notch. The management is the best. Co-workers support each other. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing patients improve on a consistent basis. The doctors are professional, courteous and competent. I love it!

September 29, 2012

Unless a lot have changed since about two years ago it is not the best hospital in Baton Rouge when it comes to some of the emergenycy room staff. It was a nightmare for us that night, I am not talking about all of them because there are some very good employers working in the emergency room but for some if not already dismissed need to be gone.

About Baton Rouge General

New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual – Read more