Battelle

Battelle Employer Reviews

I don't think this is a legitimate company
data collector (Former Employee), flint miJanuary 18, 2015
I was hired by this company. Received all the paperwork, id number and etc. Why did they tell me after 2 months of waiting I didnt pass my background check? Then when I questioned it, the staff told me I would receive a letter stating why. I never received it. Nor would I ever recommended a shady company like this to anyone. I have passed many background checks with previous employers. Extremely unprofessional.
Understaffed
Procurement Rep (Current Employee), ColumbusJanuary 7, 2015
Work load is overwhelming.
Support staff works hard for the needs of the technical staff, however, the technical staff does not appreciate the help they get (for the mot part).
Stressful place to work

Great benefits
Interesting industry and work
Finances are struggling
Working at Battelle
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasDecember 29, 2014
Pros: team work is a must
Cons: treated like children when it comes to breaks and general management.
Battelle was a decent company for someone to start with at the beginning of their career. I wouldn't recommend working their long time as advancement is few and far between.
Great learning experience
Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of material
Cons: no room for advancement
Battelle Memorial Institute has many challenging oppotuninties. I learned alot while there, and consider myself up to date on evaluating and understanding the world of Procurement. Great co-workers, some parts of management were available to teach and assist with growth. A typical day at work..... Well, no day was the same. Lots of action!!!.
International Research & Development
Sr. Desktop Publisher (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: interesting if you are a scientest
Cons: upper and middle management too heavy. promoted within, not educated/skilled in current position.
Interesting products have been research. Many are used for military use, FDA, CDC, and NIH approval as well as private company applications and/or FDA approval.
Good people, good enviroment, Job stability not so much
Credit Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: work allows family schedule changes to leave when needed, no issues.
Cons: constant layoffs take place, making taking a job here a risk of losing a currently good situation.
Great name recogniton, good people, the job security is very uneasy. Constant layoffs are the only consistent thing going on here.
Nice place to work.
Library Assistant/Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDOctober 23, 2014
The people and management are very pleasant to work with. They maintain a professional atmosphere, but are community oriented.

I learned a great deal about handling and processing documents for a government funded database.
Great People and fun interesting jobs to preform.
Crafts Maintenance Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: you recived an thank you everyday.
Cons: parking was a issue.
Design new ideas on different topics during the day.
So many really neat things that I am not even aloud to talk about.
Management was very open and helpful.
Co-workers were all different which made a great Think Tank Team.
Hardest part of the job was not talking about work away from work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was different everyday and great accomplishments were provided to the Clients.
Average
Project Manager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Job Security is what to expect from a government contractor.
Challenging work with great people
Transactions Attorney (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Challenging work with great people. Largely government clients, with a growing base of commercial work. Business focus in DOE lab management, health & life sciences, energy and national security.
An enjoyable Career with Battelle
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, dept outings, achievement rewards, breaks
Arriving early to work.
Having Breakfast with co-workers before our shift begin.
Answering phones, input data for all New Hires and Termination for staff members.
I learned that integrity and teamwork is very important.
Management was very encouraging by having weekly meetings to keep the group abreast of our progress.
My co-workers were very pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job was preparing for annual security inspection.
The most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating our achievements Keeping inform of the Company Department Success by having quarterly group meetings.
Very Professional place with good people
Network and Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 26, 2014
Battelle is a great place to work, its like a family there. everyone respects each other and loves to get together outside of work as well
Semi productive work place based on research and development.
Senior Technician - Energy Systems (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2014
Pros: open schedule the flexability to come and go as you please.
Cons: finding work to do. the managment/employee demographic.
Battelle is a decent place to work for the most part. If i were to sum up what I believe to be the biggest hurtle in working for this company as a Technician. It is the fact that you are basically a contractor which means you are apparently responsible for finding your own work to do on any given day.
Which is a little disconcerting considering the short amount of time I've been here coupled with the fact that when I was hired I wasn't told that this is how the company operated. It was my understanding that it was the responsiblity of the management to garner contracts either governmental or commercial through research and development and there by creating work.
As for my co-workers the atmosphere that this work environment creates is one of competition for work, contacts, etc. Dispite this however I've managed to make quite a few friends here that have helped and taught me many skills that have led to my success here.

As for the most enjoyable part of my job it has been the learning of new technology as well as learning the trade of machinist. I'd still have to say the hardest part is trying to find work for myself though through the few contacts that I HAVE made during my time here. I believe however that I have managed my time here well.
Battelle Very Good - On-Site Support Bad
Principal Research Scientist (Current Employee), Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: very great science at battelle
Cons: on-site projects not well supported
I feel great about Battelle, but I work on-site at a research facility on an Air Force Base.
Good place to work, provided one is willing to work
Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 1, 2014
Pros: occasional recognition for a job well done
Cons: people who didn't care enough to take pride in the facility
I worked for Battelle for over three years. My day began with with emptying trash ffrom the offices break area, hallways, and bathrooms. This included soiled coveralls used when extra protection was needed. I swept hallways and cleaned bathrooms making sure that the bathrooms had soap and paper products. Operated a floor scrubber in the hallways. I learned to use personal protective equipment including full-face respirator. learned to handle small animals when needed.and how to make minor repairs to the watering system. My first manager was great, she was easy to talk to and actually listened to input that came from her crew. The next manager wasn't nearly as good as he seemed to have a preconceived idea how everything should be. The hardest part of this job was answering watering system alarms as the problem could be any place the system was installed. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and some I just talked to. I initially worked with three other people but they either transferred out or became and could not return to work. The last six months of my employment I worked by myself.
Battelle was a ok company to work foir.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2014
Local management was good to work with, solid contract to work with
Efficient
Research Scientist, Analytics Group (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2014
I learned how to work with a team on different projects. The typical work day was a steady pace until deadlines needed to be met or projects overlapped.
Good company
Quality Control Scientist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Battelle has great compensation rates, but management could improve. There is not much room for advancement.
Outstanding workplace
Assistant Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 5, 2014
Overall great place to work. A typical day at Battelle was very interesting from scheduling meeting/conferences answering phones, managing the office calendar and meeting various people.
Great Job
Mercury Monitoring Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, UTApril 27, 2014
Monitor for Mercury in stack gases.
Didn't like the shift work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Battelle

When you use a copier, hit a golf ball, or listen to a CD, you're using technologies developed by Battelle Memorial Institute. – Read more