Battelle Employee Reviews

Its a very interesting job
Animal Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2016
It's a very good job. The animals I worked with were the best. You just couldn't help but fall in love with each one of them.
Pros
Worked well with each other.
Cons
hated the after testing concering the animals..
Most intelligent people around
SENIOR INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2016
I was incredibly lucky to have such great co-workers. Staff are extremely talented, intelligent, have integrity, and are committed to providing quality work.
Pros
No "time clock" per se
Cons
Continuous cut backs on benefits.
Best place ive worked at.
Hazardous Waste Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job i had their was or team was like family. I learned alot from the people i worked with and got to do alot of cool things.
Pros
The Experiences of working there
Cons
high layoff rate
Closeout Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2016
There have been a few organizational changes and scares, but overall this is a good place to work. People are friendly and there's a lot of perks to working here, including the onsite gym and cafeteria which houses guest vendors daily from outside of the restaurant. There seems to be a good opportunity for advancement both lateral and vertically.
Productive place to work and yes we had a ping pong table
Analyst III, Content Conversion Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Flexible environment. Allowed for multiple off-site training sessions. Encouraged continued education. Quiet environment allowed for Developed a Battelle specific schema based on DocBook using Altova XMLSpy for the vendor to validate documents against.
Essentially consulting work
Transportation Researcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Significant travel made this company more attractive when I was younger than now that I have a family. Constantly need to keep selling yourself both internally and externally.
Great Job Work/Life Balance, but their is no job security
Office of Supplier Diversity - OSD Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2016
Great work/life balance, but I would not recommend anyone to consider Battelle as an employer due to lack of job security.
Pros
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Do quality work and big government contracts are performed all year around, good laboratories do many analytical work. Coworkers are friendly, management is knowledgeable,
Pros
Social activities
Cons
Health cost little more
Fascinating Work
Level 5 technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 13, 2015
It's a very interesting place to work. I have been able do some incredible things working here. Because it's in the nuclear field, there is a lot of oversight and regulation. I work to many procedures and have to do a lot of paperwork. However, it's worth it when I get the opportunity to do something that few people get to do. Conduct of operations is a culture where I work. I know I can take the valuable things that I have learned here and apply it anywhere.
Pros
Benefits and opportunities to network .
Cons
Long commute to get there. It takes me over an hour each way.
I would not work there
Crafts Maintenance Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
I worked there for 37 years, was threatened into early retirement. Looking a new carrier outside of Battelle. The benefits went out the window.
Loved the Job
Surety Technician (Former Employee) –  Anniston Army Depot, ALNovember 10, 2015
I met some very long term friends, have been beneficial in my life since. learned a lot about government procedures as well as working with multiple departments. Management was awesome and very helpful. love my immediate supervisor, he was the best!!!
Excellent place to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAOctober 23, 2015
Would go back if there was funding to support my position. All clients that I was fortunate to work with were excellent and have become personal friends after moving to new work assignments.
Pros
excellent working relationship with all my group
Cons
DoD OCO funding
Never the same day
Project & Program Admin Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 14, 2015
As a jack of all trades for this company, my day was never the same. The wide variety of skills were needed for the logistics and projects I was able to work on. Great folks to work with.
Supervisor
Project Supervisor- (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for. Probably one of the best jobs, I've ever had. Great management and opportunities. Love the nature of the work done at Battelle -very diverse.
Great organization except when contracts end.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with Battelle organization. Support personnel were great and ensured that the employee had the tools to succeed. Unfortunately since the main location is in Columbus Ohio, typical out of site out of mind issues.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Contract work
I learn skills to take with me to future employment
Computer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2015
Co-workers are easy to get along with and it is an easy place to work for. They are very understanding when family issues come up.
Pros
Family oriented, on-site cafeteria and gym
Cons
Upper management
Fun work place with supportive management
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2015
Learned time management skills.Open and comfort working environment with some interesting activities. Kind people and willing to help.
for me working at Battell
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 6, 2015
I love working here :) it is fairly quiet and everyone gets along as a family! Yes, there are stressful days, due to the importance of the secrecy of the task.

Everyone is very helpful and willing to work with you, with patience and calmness to help you achieve your tasks!
Pros
paid holidays, paid lunches, able to wear jeans and tshirts
Cons
the level of secrecy that is needed to be kept for certain task
Construction type atmosphere, military base
Laboratory Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, coSeptember 3, 2015
Putting fires out constantly, I've learned working in a government style atmosphere can be frustrating, quite another world than the public sector. No where near the accountability needed to suceed. Management is lacking. Co-workers range from very likable to off-putting.
Outstanding Technical Experts
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2015
Day-to-day operations with Technical Experts is invigorating. Opportunities to work with Government Clients keeps you grounded with the knowledge that the Government is out there looking out for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Battelle. Our community is ready to answer.