Battelle

Battelle Employee Reviews

Semi productive work place based on research and development.
Senior Technician - Energy Systems (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2014
Pros: open schedule the flexability to come and go as you please.
Cons: finding work to do. the managment/employee demographic.
Battelle is a decent place to work for the most part. If i were to sum up what I believe to be the biggest hurtle in working for this company as a Technician. It is the fact that you are basically a contractor which means you are apparently responsible for finding your own work to do on any given day.
Which is a little disconcerting considering the short amount of time I've been here coupled with the fact that when I was hired I wasn't told that this is how the company operated. It was my understanding that it was the responsiblity of the management to garner contracts either governmental or commercial through research and development and there by creating work.
As for my co-workers the atmosphere that this work environment creates is one of competition for work, contacts, etc. Dispite this however I've managed to make quite a few friends here that have helped and taught me many skills that have led to my success here.

As for the most enjoyable part of my job it has been the learning of new technology as well as learning the trade of machinist. I'd still have to say the hardest part is trying to find work for myself though through the few contacts that I HAVE made during my time here. I believe however that I have managed my time here well.
Battelle Very Good - On-Site Support Bad
Principal Research Scientist (Current Employee), Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: very great science at battelle
Cons: on-site projects not well supported
I feel great about Battelle, but I work on-site at a research facility on an Air Force Base.
Good place to work, provided one is willing to work
Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 1, 2014
Pros: occasional recognition for a job well done
Cons: people who didn't care enough to take pride in the facility
I worked for Battelle for over three years. My day began with with emptying trash ffrom the offices break area, hallways, and bathrooms. This included soiled coveralls used when extra protection was needed. I swept hallways and cleaned bathrooms making sure that the bathrooms had soap and paper products. Operated a floor scrubber in the hallways. I learned to use personal protective equipment including full-face respirator. learned to handle small animals when needed.and how to make minor repairs to the watering system. My first manager was great, she was easy to talk to and actually listened to input that came from her crew. The next manager wasn't nearly as good as he seemed to have a preconceived idea how everything should be. The hardest part of this job was answering watering system alarms as the problem could be any place the system was installed. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and some I just talked to. I initially worked with three other people but they either transferred out or became and could not return to work. The last six months of my employment I worked by myself.
Battelle was a ok company to work foir.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2014
Local management was good to work with, solid contract to work with
Efficient
Research Scientist, Analytics Group (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2014
I learned how to work with a team on different projects. The typical work day was a steady pace until deadlines needed to be met or projects overlapped.
Good company
Quality Control Scientist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Battelle has great compensation rates, but management could improve. There is not much room for advancement.
Outstanding workplace
Assistant Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 5, 2014
Overall great place to work. A typical day at Battelle was very interesting from scheduling meeting/conferences answering phones, managing the office calendar and meeting various people.
Great Job
Mercury Monitoring Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, UTApril 27, 2014
Monitor for Mercury in stack gases.
Didn't like the shift work.
Good Company
Homeland Security Programs Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee), St. Robert/Ft. Leonard Wood, MOApril 25, 2014
Pros: too many
Cons: price their way out of contracts
Very good company. Definitely care about their people. They are a non-profit and scientific trust that also deals in government contracts.
Great Company
Co-op Tactical Systems (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, superb mentoring, variety
Cons: not a predictable work day
Very diverse work environment, offers broad experience and training, excellent mentoring.
Analytical Chemist
Principal Research Scientist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers were quiet intelligent, and i enjoyed the collaboration.
Cons: i woul have enjoyed more training leadership skills.
I provided secondary review of laboratory analysis for classified agents. Lead a scientific team in development of study protocol, collection of samples, and data analysis and interpretation. In addition, I was lead for preparing competitive grant application.
Its a fun and productive workplace. You get to travel there
Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2014
I learned lots from the engineers. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for this company. The management and other co-workers are very friendly and a family environment.
Physical Security Specialist
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 24, 2014
Supervise and manage Physical Security plans and programs for 185 Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) sites.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the ambit of physical security and crime / loss prevention for 185 Marine Forces Reserve units.
• Coordinate with local, state and federal officials to conduct intelligence, threat, and all hazards assessments for risk management.
• Conduct command directed program reviews of MARFORRES units to ensure compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and Marine Corps policies, orders and directives for Physical Security.
• Provide guidance for base/ installation entry control and building access control procedures.
• Provide guidance for barrier plan, clear zones and restricted area access.
• Assess physical security surveys for Arms, Ammunition and Explosives (AA&E facilities), Communication Security, Restricted Areas and Classified Information Storage Areas.
• Present an out brief to all levels of commands for issues regarding physical security.
• Provide written detailed reports identifying physical and procedural deficiencies and provide solutions for the improvements of these facilities.
Largest Non-for-Profit Science & Technology Company in the world
Program Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2014
Unique opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the science & technology field
A consortium of professionals from all Military Services
Protection Operations /CBRNE Training Mgr (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
One of Battelle's main "reasons to work for" is the fact that their people are high quality members of the work force - Military or civilian. The branch that I worked in (military side) only ran with the best and smartest of the military. A great group to work with.
Challenging job with lots of variety
Senior Research Scientist/Management Consultant (Current Employee), Owasso, OKFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: variety, travel opportunities, good benefits package
Cons: too much travel, management bureacracy at times
Requires extensive travel to support project needs. A good company with good benefits, challenging work.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: all good
Good company to work for - great benefits
Pleasant environment
IT Coordinator (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day consists of troubleshooting hardware/software, implementing new procedures, generating reports and interfacing with end users and/or management to determine how to make the workplace better.
Too Sciency
Chemistry Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Testing on lab animals and working with nerve agents was not my cup of tea, but it was a learning experience and a fine first job as a chemist.
Energetic and advancement opportunities
Solutions Chemistry Lead (Former Employee), Stockton, UTDecember 30, 2013
Americon, Inc allowed me to experience all different aspects of the environmental field and provided me with the knowledge to excel and advance within the company.

About Battelle

When you use a copier, hit a golf ball, or listen to a CD, you're using technologies developed by Battelle Memorial Institute. – Read more

Battelle Salaries