Batteries Plus Bulbs

Batteries Plus Bulbs Employer Reviews

Really enjoyed my fellow workers.
Sales/Retail (Former Employee), Ft. Walton BeachJune 18, 2014
Pros: excellent owner
Cons: couldn't transfer to tallahassee
Customer Service was fun. Stocking and inventory was always a challenge. Learning a new software system was an exciting challenge and rewarding.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 12, 2014
Learned a lot of useful knowledge that can be used outside the workplace. Great for part time job or students looking for extra money.
Sales!!
Store Associate (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJune 8, 2014
Pros: some tuition assistance and 401k even for part time work
Batteries Plus has a decent company structure. The sales job can become stressful and the work can at times feel excessive for the pay.
Retail/Sales
Sales associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 29, 2014
Taught me a lot about unappreciative management. I had the responsibilities of an assistant manager but was told in so little words that I was not worthy enough for the title and benefits.
Productive and Intellectual Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2014
On a typical day of work I was responsible for many different tasks such as changing car batteries, rebuilding drill packs, keeping inventory, charging batteries, etc. The owners were very nice, understanding, and trustworthy. They left many of the tasks in the hands of the employees which led to knowledge of a more various amount of skills. The hardest – more... part of the job was the fact that every day and every task was different, so it required a lot of critical thinking in order to solve the customers problem (i.e. a broken flashlight or phone). However, that was the most enjoyable part of the job as well because it was engaging and once I was knowledgeable of all products, I was confident and comfortable solving those problems for the customers. – less
Awesome Opportunity
Sales / Customer Service and Technical Associate (Former Employee), RichmondApril 14, 2014
Good Pay, Locally Owned and He is involved, Wants to help you Succeed
Love seeing people leave happy.
Manager/Commercial Sales (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with the plubic
Cons: work ever saturday
Everyday was different, Some very busy, some not so busy. You learn something different. Always different problems to solve for customer. I work for a person I worked for over 25 years off and on.

I had three assoicates that we worked well together.

We had some very heavy Batteries.
Helping people with problems they did not think could be solve.
Fun place to work but compensation is not what was promised
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: if you take advantage of old people you can make money
Cons: heavy lifting, horrible management, bad pay
bad pay, horrible management, heavy lifting with little team help. Carcinogenic workplace as well, you will be working around lithium.
Productive exciting and challenging work place.
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs &Pueblo, COFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no bennifits
Daily challenges with today's economy for sales, good work environment with plenty of opportunity.
Fun High volume location always busy
Batterie and Bulb Expert (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: fun high paced enviroment
Cons: the shuffling of staff to other store at a moments notice
Open the store and do the weekly Inventory assist customers In receiving the help and best customer service possible I got along with my co-workers management lacked the PEOPLE skills he needed but overall the experience was satisfying.
Great francise,good corporation
General Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: easy to work for
Cons: not a lot of management support
Not a lot of corporate support for the franchise. Ownership of the store was good.
billingual hardworking sales great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), crystal lakeJanuary 22, 2014
bilingual, sales experience great sales position tech work good working environment
Bad Management
Keyholder (Current Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 13, 2014
Lack of talking to there own employees and not asking permission to make choices for you.
Always learning
Retail Sales Professional to present (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 12, 2014
At Batteries Plus Bulbs there are many directions you can go and areas to favor more than others. For instance there is plenty of knowledge for an individual with just the lighting end of the business believe it or not.
Laid back place to work with good people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunches (no actual break).
Cons: working with one other person or less.
A typical day at work for me consists of taking care of customers, rebuilding battery packs for drills, putting the order away, and closing the store.
Batteries Plus
Commercial Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), 59 south at chimney rock on winrock,Houston, TexasJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: solid product the company stands behind. devoted employees
With 7 retail stores in Houston, offering a wonderful product at a reduced rate to consumers and business, the offer a great products and service. 7 retail stores and a warehouse that is ran by 5 business owners and a group. This is not a corporate store.
they work hard to service larger companies in a very competitive way,
Poor Ownership
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Everett, WADecember 29, 2013
Pros: 40 hours a week and medical benefits
Cons: horrible franchisee
The owner of the franchise I worked for would hire people he knew would not work well for his stores. He constantly would talk to down to his employees (especially the females) and would argue about how commercial orders were taken and if they were done correctly. Once someone became a "manager"/salary position he would work them over 40 hours a week – more... and asking for a specific day off was nearly impossible unless you worked at the Seattle location and were a male. – less
Nationally based Battery Specialists
Store Manager (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILDecember 16, 2013
Pros: knowlegable, friendly, and good work environment
Cons: retail sales don't always, but sometimes have bad days
This company hold the record for longest employ in my life. I had worked from Las Vegas to Illinois managing stores for a veriety of company owned locations as well as family owned stores. This was a retail fron and Commercial back sales store environment. I learned a lot of my small electrnics repair experience here and if I had a choice would do it – more... again. They were all good people. They were financialy driven and taught mer the importance of good management structure. Hats off to the Batteries Plus team. They know portable power solutions better than anyone else. – less
Were always having fun at work, meeting new people and making smiles.
Battery/Light Bulb Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INDecember 11, 2013
Typical day would be greeting customers and giving knowledge about products. Always solving problems customers may have had. Making new relationships for a great repeat business. Best part of the job is the customers.
Productive, Friendly, Small town atmosphere
Battery Expert (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch when sales goals are met.
Cons: sucks if you get a transfer from another store
Nothing too hard. You can gain a lot of knowledge in a short time just by handling products and meeting customer energy needs.

1 2 3 4