Batteries Plus Bulbs Employee Reviews

It was a franchise store, so it's different.
Sales/Tech (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 19, 2017
The job was great for the pay, but had a lot of downtime. Management above the basic store managers was a little spotty sometimes, but overall it was effective.
Good first Job to get your feet wet
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 18, 2017
If you're looking for a good paying first job this is one for you. This company needs people who will push product and do phone repairs. Its so simple a monkey could do it.
Pros
great starting pay.
Cons
no set schedule
Experience varies by franchise owners
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
The franchise owners are the HR department, the payroll department, the benefits department, and the CEOs. They determine if your pay will be worth it, if your experience will be good and if your store will be stocked. You can work for one ownership group and get paid minimum wage, but go to another side of town to another ownership group and get paid well.
Pros
Great knowledge and training
Cons
Experience varies by ownership
Everyday is different, so it's not like being in a hampster wheel. This is a job for troubleshooters and problem solvers.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2017
Great company. A technical mind is required. You learn the science behind batteries and lighting and how to resolve issues involving these sciences. The compensation is great for the retail industry. You have to think on your feet and be ready to answer a miriad of technical questions correctly and politely.
Pros
Everyday is different, learn the science of batteries and lighting, and how to apply it to practical applications.
Fast-Paced and Productive
Outbound Lead/Inbound Lead/Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WISeptember 9, 2017
Fast paced, fun and productive everyday. Challenging but rewarding everyday of the week due to not knowing what you were walking into each day. Management was good, but sometimes unaware of the issues on the floor. Hardest part of the job was borrowing labor from other departments when you were short staffed on a extremely heavy day.
Pros
Batteries Plus Discount
Cons
Communication
Fast paced work enviornment
ARO Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WISeptember 7, 2017
Batteries Plus is a fast paced, exciting work environment. I have had the opportunity to work and be apart of many projects and changes in the company with in the last 4 years I have worked with the company. Due to my current position, a lot of work and stress is put on me to make sure that things are completed, and there is no push back from upper management and our customers. I tend to carry a large load of work to make sure that our daily and weekly goals are met, as we are often short staffed. And while I am motivated by tight deadlines, this also makes time management difficult.
I have enjoyed working with all teams, and departments. Networking has been the most enjoyable part of my position.
Cool place to work
management October 2015 (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILAugust 29, 2017
everyone is really friendly and so were the customers for the most part. nice environment to work in usually always something new going on. And the hours werent that bad.
Owners and upper management a disaster
Device Repair Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2017
At the store level, most employees are friendly, though many are poorly trained. There is constant turnover caused by upper management who belittles the associates constantly and refuses to provide any support whatsoever. Not to mention pay that is lower for more responsibility than other employers in the industry.

Store level managers are generally helpful, but lack any real power to make decisions, despite them being held accountable for the decisions that they have no control over.

This could be a great job, but the owners are out of touch, and both the owners and the rest management outside stores could care less about the store level employees and their well being.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Pay, hours, owners and management
Retail Store with Commercial Sales
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
Can't work with Franchise owner, who has zero knowledge of business, telling me how to run the business. not enough employees, yet owner wants culture to be commercial
Pros
hour plus commute one way
Cons
10 hour days
Underpayed, Overworked, Poor Management, Money only Focus
Customer Service Representative/Device Repair Tech (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 20, 2017
This company does not care about it's employees. I work at a location that was a franchise and transitioned to a corporate owned store and both were awful. As a franchise the owner didn't care about employees nor the business and did the bare minimum leaving the manager to fend for himself.

As a corporate store it wasn't any better, your expected to be a billboard and do nothing but sell sell sell, theres no humanity in it at all. They do not care about their employees either. They offer minimal benefits and pay as low as possible. Unless your intending to spend half your life to work at corporate I wouldn't even bother.
Pros
The work isn't difficult, some customer are friendly.
Cons
Corporate doesn't care about employees they just want you to sell sell sell.
truth about retail
Commercial Sales Representative, battery technicia (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 17, 2017
ok place managment doesnt follow through after leg work is complete as in out side sales quotes for possible, or even ordering parts for repairs inside.
Great work environment. Management is great.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work, only downside is that advancement in the stores is not great due to the fact that the store is fairly small so there is usually only one management position available at each store.
awful experience in my store, other stores seemed better
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 14, 2017
I worked here for about 4 months. My boss had promised me all these benefits and advancement opportunities... soon after working there I realized it was a lie. In fact my first month there he hired a manager for our store then fired him a month later because he was a "temp" manager but the poor man didn't know that. I felt like my position was not safe here, so I worked my a**
off. My manager took a lot of the credit for what me and my co-workers did and would even blame us for her mistakes! I couldn't do it much longer.
Cons
management is awful, employees feel disposable
Very good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 13, 2017
I really enjoy working for batteries plus. Great company to work for. I have been there for 3 years and it was very good. Very good company to work for and would go back
Pros
Very good
Great for students
Shift lead/Technical specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 6, 2017
Awesome place to work while attending college. Very flexible when it comes to scheduling. Great management and benefits. Very well built company the will be around for a while.
Salesman
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 2, 2017
This position at batteries plus and bulbs was really relaxed and laid back. It was difficult due to no ones schedule being set so you pretty much had to have an open schedule.
Haven't worked here long enougj
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILJuly 31, 2017
I really couldn't give an accurate review of working at batteries plus bulbs simply because I haven't worked here long enough to be able to do so. It's alright so far
A decent company buit not great.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2017
My typical day consisted of: • Read requisitions & orders, pull items to fill orders, weigh items, package items, prepare for shipping, receive items, check inventory accuracy, data entry & machine operations to ensure that product is delivered to the customer in a timely manner.
Pros
work hours
Cons
poor communication
Great place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Batteries Plus Bulbs . Im would even like an opportunity to work there again. I rode a fork truck. Stand up. I used an RF scanner to select orders for shipping. Employees were pleasant to work with. Employee picnics, holiday giveaways and outside of the job social events created solidarity and team spirit.
Pros
People. Productivity. Overtime available if needed. Excellent benefits package.
Productive and Positive Work Ethics
Assistant Manager, Battery Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 22, 2017
Work can be fast paced. The learning curve is kinda high but general knowledge of products is required. You can learn and grow a lot from this job. You'll need, automotive, mobile tech, bulb, and a broad range of battery knowledge to really excel. You take classes in the form of online modules to help you progress. I really enjoy the overall aspect of the job. you learn and do alot of different cool things.
Pros
Decent hours and Good Pay
Cons
Fast paced environment, low staff, heavy workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batteries Plus Bulbs. Our community is ready to answer.