Battle Creek Public Schools

Battle Creek Public Schools Employer Reviews

Work at BCPS was rewarding and the coworkers supportive
Bilingual Interoreter (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: interactive activities with students and creative discussions with staff
Cons: short lunchnbreak and the huge staff turnover
Working with the students was rewarding especially when they achieved the goal they were working for. The coworkers are very supportive and helpful. I learned that not everyone wants to learn a new method of doing things and that change can be hard to adapt to for others, but change can be positive and quite rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the – more... day was when a student related to the subject matter and truly understood it. – less
Bus driver
Bus driver (Former Employee), BCPSMay 17, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: everything but the children. liarsn cheats 3 west downtown..
U make 11.56 while upper management make 100.000+ 53 of them and they cry were broke aide make even less and are told they will never get a raise this is a money based school system go some where else..
typical Day
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 6, 2014
Pros: children and having a job that i am good at
Cons: winter weather
I have to arrive a half an hour early to do a pre trip to make sure Bus is safe. So my day starts at 4:30 am arrive to bus garage at 5:35 am
I drive 76 passenger bus and deliver 50 students to High school. Then I have enough time for a restroom break, then I get on my lift bus and take 6-9 Special needs students too DKDC. Arrive back to lot to do post – more... inspections also paper work , mileage student count, ect, have a small break , off to pick up and deliver Math And Science Students back to the High School, Then I do a special needs Route with 3-5 year olds. Which take a little over an hour to finish, I am picking up and dropping off.
Time for Lunch, Then back on the lift Bus to take home the Special needs Children I took to DKDC, post trip and mileage book.
The most enjoyable part of my Day is the Special Children – less
Ok
Transportation bus aide (Former Employee), Battle creek, miDecember 5, 2013
Pros: ...
Cons: supervisor, upper management
Enjoyed taking care & helping special need children. Get them to and from school safely.
Challenging students, supportive staff
Teacher (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 13, 2013
BCPS is an inner-city district with its fair share of difficult students. But it also has its fair share of wonderful teachers that are incredibly dedicated to teaching and nurturing their students.
ok
Lead host (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: n/a
I had to make sure the children had there food so they could go outside to play, I learned that you have to make sure the temp, is right and that food is ready for them to eat
Looking for a fresh start
Teacher (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 16, 2013
Unhappy with work environment. Looking for a new challenge.
Overall Good Place to be employed.
Teacher (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 13, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: upper management
If you are looking for a rewarding job with personal responsibilities than this job is definitely for you. The only problem that I see that this job can become very stressful if the people in management positions forget to listen, forget to be comforters, and forget what it is like to actually teach.
Fairly safe work place desirous of improvements
Administrator - High School/Middle Schools (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch, professional learning communities
Cons: persistently low achievement, budget cuts, programming cuts
The management of the workplace has been attempting to become more collaborative in its approach to making changes for youth.