Battlespace Flight Services Employee Reviews

My time with Battlespace so far
N/A (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
Currently working with this company and I dislike it greatly. In fact, I cannot think of one person that can honestly say they love or like working for Battlespace. The pay is garbage, morale is extremely low, hard to get ahold of people at the PSO and not one person in a management position cares about the people below them. They say we are getting standard pay but compare to other companies, we don't make standard pay at all. (ex: Battlespace $220 a day- Lockheed Martin $650). I'm talking deploy pay for 4 months on and 4 months off. I found this information on the Battlespace website "Subsidiary Battlespace Flight Services Awarded Estimated $950M IDIQ Contract for Remotely Piloted Aircraft Support." You mean to tell me you can't pay your employees properly but you do treat them poorly. Good job!!. It is bad enough that we have to fight for our end of deployment bonus pay, per diem, and travel pay. There are massive training issues as well. People aren't trained properly, not signed off on certain jobs that they need to do their job, doing jobs that is not in their job description and management communication issues. The people who have to deploy are doing more with less. What I mean by that is, the manning is poor. Sites are undermanned, 2-3 people are doing the jobs of 6 people. Since working for this company I have seen plenty of people quit on site while deployed and go to other companies that pay more and actually care about their employees. Currently deployed now and the morale is low. There is talk of people leaving during their deployment whether they have another  more... job or not. We work 7 days a week 12 hour days (paid for 10 hours due to 2..1 hour lunch breaks). Some Site Leads they have care about the people that work under them but a good portion don't and just want the numbers. Insurance is only available to you while you're working for emergency purpose only but not while you are off work if you are on the school year program. I don't understand how this company is Veteran owned but treats their fellow Veterans like this. Just boggles my mind greatly. I have met some amazing people on my deployments and my fair share of idiots as well. Everyone tries to tell someone how to their job even though the jobs are different. Sometimes we have to missed our lunch breaks and not compensated for them. I am currently in the process (like every other employee that is deployed) looking for another job for a different company like Lockheed, M1, DynCorp or General Atomics.  less
Pros
Pros? I get paid(barely). Some good people.
Cons
Revolving door, low pay, low morale, no management, lack of communication between empolyees who deploy and management.
Good job to get a short term boost in finances.
Aircraft Production & Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVNovember 5, 2015
Deployment work was kinda tough, 12 hour days 7 days a week for 4 months. I learned how frustrating it can be to be confined to a small work environment for a few months. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with everyone's frustrations or lack of stress relieving abilities. Best part of the job was the 4 months break after. You could travel you could go to school, and the pay was good.
Pros
4 months working then 4 months off availability
Cons
Lack of flexibility with assignments; if you decline an assignment you're pretty much quitting.
Use as stepping stone or time waster only.
Line Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  OverseasJanuary 29, 2016
The hiring process is comical at best. If you already have a passport, a security clearance of some sort, and you worked on a lawnmower, then you are golden. There's no interview process really. You talk to some recruiter and then he sends you an offer letter, but he takes his time and never returns your phone calls.

The training process is also basic. The first time you deploy requires you to be in Las Vegas for a month. You live out of a casino hotel, with no fridge or microwave. Oh, and you're paying out of pocket for the whole month. You get per diem, but that comes with your travel voucher later on. You can request up to $500 in advance, but that's it. They give you a schedule for the month, which none of the staff follows, so you pretty much figure things out on your own. Oh and again no one answers their phone. At some point you will do on the job training which is a joke. It's more like aircraft familiarizing and your trainer will only perform basic tasks, no real troubleshooting.

When you do your checkout before you deploy, which is the day before you fly, you sign paperwork for your per diem and they tell you it should show up in a couple of weeks. That's a lie. You can also submit receipts for shipping out stuff to your deployed site and taxi to and from the airport. The hotel is a 30 minute cab ride one way.

Depending on what site you're your deployed to, you may fly out on time. Some people were sent home for a few weeks because their visa process wasn't finished in a timely enough manner. The deployment itself is the easiest part of the job. You work
  more... 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Well, 10 hours a day with two 1 hour meal breaks. You room with one or two other people and the site lead does their best to make sure you are on opposite shifts from your roomies. Traveling sucks, self explanatory. Most of the techs and mechs are good people to work with. The majority of people you work with are first trip people like you. There's a high turnover rate. During my deployment I can think of at least a dozen people who quit for better opportunities. You are deployed for 4 months and off for 4 months, but you're not paid while you're off. You do have medical and dental coverage, but it only covers you while you are deployed and it's only for emergency situations. You get three paid sick days. Oh yes, the travel voucher and per diem reimbursement, it took them 6 weeks to send it.

I've now been home for a few weeks and they still haven't processed my end of deployment bonus. Again, no one answers their phone.Good luck to you if you choose this job.
Pros
Paycheck
Stress free environment
Avionics Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Knob Noster, MOFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day of work consisted a in maintenance meeting in the beginning of the shift and preceding from there with inspection and whatever other issue was addressed at the meeting. Gained a lot good experience. management was there to help with paperwork questions and over all work environment was really stress free.
Pros
good place to work good wages
Work place - 1% of staff were honest and friendly
Office (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
I had met all goals, deadlines and pressures from customers and staff which need to be dealt with carefully through effective time management BUT, if you like victimization, play office politics or like rude behavior. Work for Battle Space Fight!
Pros
sometimes your treated to a free lunch.
Can Do... Will Do... Glad To attitude is everywhere but at Management level
A&P Line Technician (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
Work Days are long in austere enviroment 10 hrs. a day 7 days a week for 4 months and often time food and housing are subpare. Training program is not what it should be and the upper management is clueless as to what employees actually go through to keep the machine going. hardest part is knowing that you are a number rather than a human being. Usually the best part of the deployment is the last week knowing that you dont have to jump through hoops dealing with the company for much longer.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything and anything associated with battlespace and its mannagement.
Great place to build my resume
UAS Mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2015
Knee jerk reactions to solve problems. Throwing parts at an aircraft is not the proper way to fix an issue. There is no insurance outside of working with the company. You are only insured while you are deployed. Same goes with pay, only while deployed. There always seems to be a manning issue no matter how many people are hired. Generally you'll only see someone for one rotation and they are gone because they don't want to put up with the bull that comes with this job.
Pros
Could be great people at your site
Cons
Hours, Living conditions
Productive, fast paced work environment with multiple oportunities
Line Maintenance Mechanic- Overseas Contract (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2015
My time with BFS was awesome. I learned a whole of a lot. Great group of guys I had worked with. If I wanted to go back to AFG, I would definitely go back with BFS! Great pay, great group to work with from the newest guy to the most senior. Some work got very repetitive, but you learned it and it stuck with you. Got more in depth on composite repairs, engine rebuilds, which was way different than a turbofan engine. hardest part was being away from the family. most enjoyable was working, and learning new things all while telling sea stories with everybody else!
Pros
Easy aircraft to work on, fun, some down time, 4 month on 4 off rotation, Great working hours and living conditions
Cons
Deployed, mortars, food sometimes
Aircraft MechanicII ( former)
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Indian SpringsOctober 28, 2014
No direction, not professional, good ole boy system.....
I learned how to hate and be a hater
Management that was good is now gone nothing but losers left
Some co-workers were okay but most were not nice
Nothing hard about the job just dealing with people that were not nice
Make the not nice people look stupid
Pros
not there any longer
Cons
sexually harrasing management
Electronics Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVJuly 28, 2015
Supervise technicians and flying schedule on a daily basis. Ensured all maintenance actions were completed in a timely and correct manner.
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 26, 2015
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed it and would recommend the company to anyone. Definitely a thumbs up. There were only a few cons, but the rest was good.
BFS Sucks
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Creech AFBMay 10, 2013
The management is awful and the employees that are hired to assist you in the PSO are worthless. That is why all the employees are leaving for LM besides the pay BFS has started paying employees and telling them that they are right above the standard rate.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about bfs
Used to be fun
Aircraft Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVOctober 13, 2014
As of April of 2013 thanks to government budget cuts we took a 60% pay cut. Because of that the quality of employees has gone down hill, putting too much stress on those who have stuck around. That being said the company is doing nothing to compensate those who stuck around.
Pros
pay, experience
Cons
managment, training
good
MQ-1 Aircraft Mech/ Weapons Specialist (Former Employee) –  creeche afbSeptember 20, 2014
good place to work friendly co workers and good place to start and room to grow.
Avionics Technician II (Current Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVSeptember 13, 2014
hardest part is leaving family. but you get into a vibe of work. learned a lot about uavs and ppsls, sets, more airframe KNOWLEDGE
Pros
4on 4off deployments
Cons
stability
Office Clerk of Travel and Deployments (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2012
Great place to work, good people. Your on you own, there is no training.
Pros
good people
Cons
dod contract
Fun work environment
Lead Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVAugust 27, 2013
Worked with many great people and learned a lot in the process.