Bauer Built Inc. Employee Reviews

great place
Outside Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 26, 2017
Great working environment. great Branch Manager and supervior.
everyone got along and it was a fun working place. it was fast past but very beneficial at the end of the day for sales.
Loved my job and working remotely
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Durand, WIMarch 6, 2017
I was disappointed when my dream job working part time and remote was being changed to a full time in the office position. But loved every minute of the job and the people.
Solid company.
Sales Representative - Commercial & Consumer Tires (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 27, 2017
You were many different hats, but business is good & growing. you can do many different task to preform your job tasks. they have a great following. both inside & outside sales.
Pros
Good Work place
interesting Job
Office Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 2, 2016
When I applied at Bauer I did not know what to expect. The gentleman that hired me was great. He taught me alot there and was honest and I knew I wanted to work there because of him.
Pros
I met alot of interesting people
Cons
The gentleman that hired me left the company.
please ask me
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NEAugust 2, 2016
I would be glad to give a formal review of the company in a face to face setting. I believe it is a fair company to work for, sometimes will tend to be micro managed from a corporate stand point. Must follow guidelines and play by the rule-book. Firm but just. I have enjoyed working for them as they are flexible and are a family based company- as family comes first no matter who you are or what position you hold.
Good place to work but not enough hours
Final Inspector (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2016
Good company to work for but unable to provide 40 hours weekly. I would stay with this company if they could provide more stable hours.
No direction
driver delivery (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 24, 2016
Training is lacking, have to pry any information about your job from your fellow employees. Not a welcoming group either, and hardly a positive word is spoken by the company except from the top management.
Pros
all the overtime you would want
Cons
overtime is mandatory, no clear direction, unpleasant workforce.
Fun environment with positive attitudes
Head Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 11, 2015
My everyday day job was to repair and or replace, shackels, king pins, wheel seals, front axels, leaf springs, tie rods, exhaust leaks, u-joints, welding parts on trucks, rear bushing on trucks and trailers, torque arms on trails, tractor and trailer alignments, air leaks, electrical, starters, alternators, water pumps, A/C work( discharge, recharge, replacing bad parts, A/C lines). As well as picking up tractor trailers and backing them in and out of shop for myself and all other employees. After hour road tire road service as well. Before working for this company i had every little experience on (kings pins front axles leaf springs tie rods u-joints bushings torque arms) but they had me trained within two weeks and by my one month i became head mechanic. I worked with some of the best employees and upper management people we all got along and every did what they needed to do and had fun doing it safely and correctly. The hardest part of my job was the days i had to rebuild all new(front axle, leaf springs, shackles, king pins, brakes, and wheel seals) on two trucks and have them on the alignment rack before 5pm. The best part of my job was doing what i love to do everyday.
Enjoyable and fast paced work environment.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJune 16, 2015
My typical day at work started with opening the shop, turning on essential machinery and greeting my boss and co workers. Work began right away and always busy. I had to be quick and precise which I loved about this job. Great team workers.
Pros
Great boss and staff.
Cons
None.
Over worked
Warehouse lead shift man (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Decent pay and benefits. But you will be over worked. Management doesn't know the industry well. Warehouse was unsafe. The air quality was unsafe as well. I worked a job that should have required two or more people to do. SO much work you hardly have time for any break of any kind at all.
Pros
Expierence
Cons
Too much work for one person to do. With management unwilling to help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bauer Built Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.