Bausch & Lomb Employee Reviews

Needs a ping pong table
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2017
Hopefully now the cultural will change with a total change in management. There are many hard working good people trying to make everything great again.
Pros
10 Days off for Christmas to spend with family as normal paid holiday
Cons
Everything that was lost
Didn't work there long enough to care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2017
Didn't work there long enough. To many levels of management and no one communicates. The right hand doesn't talk with the left hand. Upper management has been there too long and are not flexible with new ideas or change.
Management issues.
Seasoned Employee. (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 9, 2017
There always seems to be a atmosphere of disconnect between Management and the hourly workers. The saying Good Old Boys Network applies in this respect. The front office staff have a thing called " Leadership Team". I asked how to join and get several different responses from it's members. My direct Supervisor is one of them and I find him to be very untrustworthy. He was among the crew of persons who were fired about ten years ago for stealing thousands of dollars of company assets. He managed to avoid getting caught up in that but I see him taking scrap equipment home when others have to join a raffle system to acquire surplus items. I found that it is best not to make waves because they will retaliate.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No respect for you as an experienced person or Veteran status.
good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 27, 2017
great company to work for. People great company benefits great. to many good things to say about this company.............................................
good
productive environment for my professional growth.
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
It was an overall great place to begin my professional career, and where I was able to utilize my skills as a laboratory technician. Great work environment.
benefits
Productive and an alright place to work
Cartoner Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2017
My day consisted of keeping the warehouse clean at all times, keeping glass bins empty at all times, and also making any broken glass that fell off the conveyors were cleaned up at all times. Learned about beer, management was good, workplace culture was good and the hardest part was trying to stay dry.
busy clean enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  1400 goodman stMarch 2, 2017
friendly work place busy and allot of overtime while Operating the machines time goes by fast and coworkers do help eachother
Lots of Work
Jr Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2017
The salary was very competitive and the atmosphere is great for new hires. Overall I would recommend this company too anyone getting their feet on the ground fresh out of college.
good place to work
Interim Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Unfortunate that they were taken over and jobs were cut in 2008. I understand the culture is still good and work life balance is favorable.
I made contact lens for people
contact lens maker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I would put in a mold number for the computer to make a contact lens such as B-3, b-4 ect. the hardest part was leaving to go to school full time.
Great Company to Work for
Statistical Process Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I started in one dept. and was promoted several times with the pay increasing dramatically every time according to my skill level. They also had excellent Benefits while I was working there.
Pros
alot of potential for advancement
Cons
no union at the time.
B&l
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
It was a great place when it was B&L, however now that it belongs to Valeant. Not so much. The people were great, management was good, compensation was great.
Well known company with a good reputation.
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2017
B+L continues to be a respected name, and everyone gets along at the facility - within and between different departments. The management team is very knowledgeable of the regulations required to run an aseptic processing facility successfully.
Cons
Limited room for growth.
not a fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2017
the job culture there is so negative that it affects people around. the management allows certain people to do whatever they want while everyone else is working.
Good employer with fair benefits and opportunities
QSTechnician\Doc Specialist\Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 19, 2017
There are always many opportunites for learning but not for growth within the company. I'm a very organized person and you have to be to multi task in this environment.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
benefits are expensive
Very fun place to work
dishwasher/Cater (Former Employee) –  ! Baush@Lomb Place Rochester NYJanuary 17, 2017
My typicalday is me arriving at 9am in the morning which is around breakfast time. Me and another co-worker will wash the dishes and send them thru the rinser and stack them were they belong. I also catered buisness parties for Baush@Lomb. it consisted in preping tables organizie food and serve drinks.
Pros
keotme motivated
Cons
can get overwhelmed at times
Used to be a nice place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14609December 25, 2016
manufacturing is 12 hour shifts, working every other weekend
management, office and technical support teams are 8 hours
Pros
overtime
Cons
never know if you have a job
Family oriented work enviornment
President of Recreational Committee (Former Employee) –  Rocheser, NYDecember 9, 2016
B&L was a great place to work, we worked hard but we were a family everyone helped each other out. This was prior to the take over. I am not sure what the work atmosphere is now
Pros
Flexible work hours, family oriented company
Great place
Maintenance Mechanic / Electrician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2016
The company always asked what i needed to have to exceed with my career. Always gave me off site training. Always work with me with my family schedule. If i didn't have a tool for a job they brought it for me.
Workplace that provides Professional Development in a teamwork environment
Material Associate III, II, and I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for Bausch & Lomb because it was a family atmosphere. Everyone greeted each other before staring their day and treated each other like family. I typically worked in three departments including Finished Goods Room, Packaging and Component Stockroom dependent upon what was needed for a particular day. Also, I responded to customer service inquiries by phone or e-mail. During my employment with Bausch & Lomb, I learned the PeopleSoft ERPLX program which was easy to learn. The hardest part of my job was working for multiple departments that were in separate buildings which required constant communication. However, this allowed me to gain working relationships with other people in the company who I would not have met otherwise. I was fortunate to work closely with management who were very diligent in communicating with employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was that everyone worked in a team environment. Management also helped the team when necessary. The company showed appreciation for its employees by ensuring they received training and professional development.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Acquisition by a different company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bausch & Lomb. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval