Bausch & Lomb Employee Reviews in United States

Very hard workers experiencing a roller coaster of the actual and clear direction of the company.
Engineering Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 4, 2016
Most areas there is good teamwork that happens on a daily basis. Communication can improve. There's a lot of talent that should be utilized to grow this company.
Pros
some good people to work with, good benefits, and good pay.
Cons
Unclear direction of the company. Communication can be better.
Bausch & Lomb - Senior Admin. Asst. - Talent Management
Senior Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 24, 2016
This company's focus was on Eye Health. I was hired to support the VP of Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness. I also supported the Manager of Employee Relations and Manager of Corporate Health and Wellness. Supporting these people and their stuff really opened up the world of Human Resources to me. I learned many aspects of this function. Supporting the VP meant scheduling meetings, booking global travel, responsible for department budget, meeting prep using PowerPoint, Excel & Word, I was involved in initiating the Talent system called Taleo and launching globally. I was introduced to SharePoint and worked with a team member in IT that showed me how to maintain the HR site. Learning the system came easy to me. My IT partner called me a natural. My largest project was leading the execution and transition to a new service award program for the US and Canada. I was also involved with the Women's Network at B&L which participated in a number of community projects including fitting children in need with glasses on an annual basis. My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. It's a shame that B&L was sold because I'm quite sure I would have retired from there had they not been.
Pros
Everyday I learned something new.
Cons
I was let go on day one of the sale of B&L to Valiant
Summary
Buyer, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 23, 2016
Bausch and Lomb is medical device manufacturing company (ISO 9001:13485.) located in Rancho Cucamonga California. Manufacturer of the intraocular lens.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time.
Cons
Layoffs
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Lead II/ Advance Setup Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
Continuous Learning on a daily basis. Challenging.Long Hours.Fun Coworkers. Team environment. Advancement within the company is a plus.
Benefits
Cons
Because of various factors B&L was no longer in a position to be a leader in the industry
Vision Care Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 1, 2016
B&L provided me a platform to be successful and discover an industry which I have fondly enjoyed being part of. My desire is again work in the ophthalmic/ophthalmology industry.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Organizational culture was not balanced
Great Place To Work
Programmer Analyst for R&D (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 24, 2016
They are liberal with training, great package, could not ask for a better environment. Team work encouraged. I love it here.
Good to start your career
SAP Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2016
Conventional workplace, very good people to work with. But technology wise, it is fixed..nothing much to learn. Slow growth rate. Facilities were very less.
Document Specialist II
Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work was conversing with Bausch & Lomb/Valeant employees from a global aspect providing requested clinical FDA/IRB approved documents. Bausch & Lomb/Valeant is located globally,( i.e. Japan, Germany, China, U.S., etc.). My job consisted of meeting timelines and deadlines on time daily.

I learned how to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and cultures. I also learned that working with your co-workers as a team is very significant in completing day-to-day assignments and fulfilling the Company's goals.

I worked with professional management teams on all levels that provided the tools, training, and mentoring to me in order for me to be able to do my job at the highest quality level.

The hardest part of my job was being a perfectionist. I am an individual that follow Standard Operating Procedures, Company Policies and Rules, and all Government Standards.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet and work with co-workers from other parts of the world and provide the customer service request by an email, telephone or face-to-face. I also enjoyed working with a culture of diverse individuals whose goals and missions were to make sure that our company fulfilled the Company's goals and mission.
Pros
Professional individuals at all levels, excellent benefits, excellent culture
Cons
N/A
Great people in a very busy environment
VALEANT - Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2016
Very busy and always changing environment. With many things to do you could always change gears and the day went by very quickly.
Pros
Cafeteria
Bausch & Lomb was a great place to learn how to sell pharmaceuticals
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 22, 2016
A typical day included calling on ophthalmologists in a wide territory. The expectations were 8 calls per day.
I learned the ability to effectively sell pharmaceuticals.
Management was terrific.
I developed great relationships that still exist today.
The travel by car. My territory end to end was six hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was developing the wonderful relationships with physicians and staff members.
Pros
Good products
Cons
A tremendous amount of travel
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Is good to work they give the opportunity to grow in differents area. They have differents shif. This company is growing and the same time the person has the chance to grow too. I learned differents departments and I worked in all the shifts.
Pros
Multi cultural activities (annual) Good benefits
Large corporation with many opportunities and great benefits
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I grew from an entry level programmer to a senior systems analyst during my career. Management paid a great deal of attention to professional and technical development. Roles and responsibilities were clearly defined. The organization structure was easy to navigate. Working in teams on long term projects was very satisfying.
Pros
potential for growth
Cons
off hours on call responsibitlies
Great support structure
Production Technician / Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2016
It is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity for personal growth in knowledge and experience. They offer a full benefits package and plenty of overtime as long as you are willing to put forth exceptional effort.
typical day
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  pelham rd. greenville scDecember 8, 2015
Come in relieve operator to go home or to their next line. Check components for the line, do Quality checks ,restock line if needed. Run machine until line is finished. Set up and clear line for the next production day. Verify the clearance of the lines. Pull samples to be put in batch records. Start up line for the next day enter all data the need to be put in the computer. Keep machine running for the next operator
Pros
Its good pay.And I have a good team I'm working with
Cons
don't care for the down time, they have us take plan our vacation time for shut downs, no room for growth.
Good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 27, 2015
I was a support specialist for the manufacturing line, swing shift. I My job was to maintain and repair different types of equipment for the contact lens division. This included hardware and software systems. I worked with a team of great individuals of varying abilities and learned a lot from this experience. The hardest part of my job was the swing shift routine.
Pros
Learned about manufacturing and meeting deadlines
Cons
Swing shift was a challange
IT Support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 21, 2015
Good culture work place. The big problem Support personal only 2 persons for 24x7. When one person not doing the work another will over working for 24x7. Manager did not do anything to fix the problem.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
clean area, great hours
contact lens molder (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2015
learned manufacturing of contact lenses, auditing of lens structure, first time working in clean room environment. Coworkers were knowlegable and helpful in my learning development
Pros
12 hr shifts
Bausch
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2015
Working at Bausch was a great experience. Was a comfortable work environment, people was friendly and you never got the sense of someone being above you.
Good place to work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 21, 2015
Bausch and Lomb is a very large company but I felt like it was a small-mid sized company. they have great people, great benefits,m and it was all good. They finally started coming out with new products which really started to turn things around, becuase they were lagging behind for a long time.
Great legacy company
Manager, Sales Strategy and Sales Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Rochester, nyOctober 21, 2015
After over 30 years, B&L was sold to a Canadian Pharmaceutical business resulting in dramatic workforce reductions. I wish the business well and enjoyed my many years there.