Bausch & Lomb

Bausch & Lomb Employer Reviews

Company is changing due to the company buyout
Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Business is booming but many changes are taking place throughout the facility. Personnel is changing mostly taking place in upper management.
Was a good company to work for until they were purchased and downsized
Professional Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: we had a full service gym on the premises which i utilized.
Cons: the buyout and ultimate downsizing
Bausch and Lomb was purchased in August 2013 by Valeant Pharmaceutical Inc. Until that time it was a good company to work for. A typical day at work included speaking with by phone or email my assigned portfolio of corporate customers. Researching and clearing any account issues, speaking with our internal and external sales representatives and customer – more... service to resolve any account issues of our customers in an quick and efficient manner. I enjoyed the interaction between our internal and external customers and developed some professional relationships. The hardest part of the job was not being able to resolve and bring closure to some issues. – less
Good learning experience.
Microbiology Technician(Contractor) (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 23, 2014
Being able to get your job done in a timely manner, and meeting deadlines.
Productive and fun place to work at
Project Manager/Sr. Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: freedom to pursue innovative ideas
Great co-workers
Plenty of opportunities for creativity
Lack of consistent business strategy
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT GREAT CO-WORKERS
LENS MAKER (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long work hours
INSPECTED CONTACT LENSES AND LOADED CONTACT LENSES INTO BLIIZTERS
Enjoyable, dedicated, responsible, fast-paced.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2014
Pros: learning new things everyday
Cons: precise break times
We started promptly at 6 a.m. at specified areas for determined time periods, with rotations to different areas usually every hour, unless assigned to assembly line packaging machine for 2 hours. I learned precision assembly and subassembly of surgical eye equipment, different sealing techniques as well as precise packing for shipment. The department – more... was a quiet environment to keep employees focused on their respective job assignments, any time a job was completed moved on to the next job. My co-workers were quiet, yet friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning the initial process of how they wanted things done. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the variety, never knowing what you were going to be working on from job to job. – less
Great Place to Work
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 29, 2014
Loved working for Bausch & Lomb. The people were fantastic, the job was enjoyable and the environment positive.
Good place to learn about FDA requirements
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: average salary
Cons: benefits no longer are competitive
Must be able to get along with all departments and be well liked in order to advance
Interesting future
Account Manager (Current Employee), NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: salaries are pretty good, wonderful people
Cons: resources to do our job, growth opportunities with valeant
The people at Bausch & Lomb are great! The culture has changed a bit since I have been with the company as they got bought out by Valeant Pharmaceuticals.

The chances of growth are questionable now and it will take awhile to figure out where to go. Several people got laid off in the transition and there are people doing multiple jobs now and it gets – more... confusing on who to contact for what. They also provide people with different resources and can make it hard to be in the top rankings if you have less resources. Sevral people got laid off in the transition and there are people doing multiple jobs now and it gets confusing on who to contact for what. They continue to make it more difficult to reach our numbers and it really depends whether we can do that on whether they actually give us the tools we need to succeed.

Overall the people are WONDERFUL. Less political than it used to be but very political for growth still. Future is questionable due to Valeant buy out. – less
Great Portfolio of Products
Ocular Specialty Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia & DelawareMarch 14, 2014
Promote Branded Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical Products to Ophthalmologists, Optometrists.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Contact lens inspector (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work I check the lens and make sure they pass. My co workers are really nice and when i need help they always help me.
Research Scientist at Bausch & Lomb
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Overall rating =5. Very worthwhile experience working for Bausch & Lomb. Very motivated, face paced working environment and collaborated with a well respected team of scientists. Had the ability to work in analytical testing and formulation development and there were no limits to the opportunities for learning and innovation.
How I loved working at Bausch+Lomb, but was forced to leave!
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: cross-training, more room for advancement
Cons: not very much over-time, need more vending machines
In a short period of time I had learn a lot at Bausch+Lomb, the room I worked in is given the name "The Clean Room" which is actually the most sterile room in the building. Anyone that entered that room, had to be gown from head to feet, absolutely no germs could enter that room because it would contaminate the cataract and Toric surgical lens that – more... was produced there.

All my co-workers was always willing to assist me by showing me and answering any questions and/or concerns that I would have; such as why I couldn't find the power reading of lens that had a high power, but it wouldn't be visible on the screen. The management was happy with my work ethics,and my productive numbers were getting better daily, they were always complimenting me on my good progress. I've always had a willingness to learn new things, although I was hired to only do power reading of the lens, the crew leader seen a great potential in me and trained me to do dimensions and transfer of supplies as well.

However every task we did had to have an LHR checked, verified, signed and dated each day. The most I enjoyed about the job were people I worked with and the new skills I had learned working there. And the hardest part was being forced to leave my job and co-workers due to my husband's job transferring us back to Georgia.

The co-workers and management surprised me with a farewell party and told me if I ever come back to the area, re-apply for Bausch+Lomb and they would rehire me. – less
Just an OK place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee, on-site fitness center, and contacts/solutions
Cons: dog-eat-dog, backbiting, vicious environment
Very "Up" place to work, with gregarious break areas, until Valeant bought it. After that, a serious and gloomy place. They are tearing B&L apart like a rag doll.
very limited opportunities for advancement
Group Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VaDecember 28, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement, no changing shifts with the same job description and pay rate.
Work an off shift.
Start the shift each night letting the team leads know the goals for the night. Help co-workers with any problems that arise throughout the shift. Complete daily reports needed for management. Train when necessary.
Management is rarely seen on the shift I work with almost no contact with them when they do come in..
The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is working through problems and helping my co-workers. – less
Challenging work team oriented emnvironment
Manager IT, Continuity Planning (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 26, 2013
Pros: global focus, team oriented.
Cons: lack of personnel resources, final transition to valeant.
I manage the corporate data center for the first 25 years of my career at B+L, evolving into a management role for IT contingency planning within the global organization.

The B+L environment was very team oriented, and required individual flexibility in performing project tasks. Many different skills required as the IT organization was limited in size.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the work was the challenges presented. – less
Productive and fun work place with technical challenge
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2013
Analytical method development and validation
New scientific knowledge and skill
Project cooperation
Independent and co work
Resolve technical problem
Overcome the challenge
Great people, very family oriented
Manager of Capital Planning (Former Employee), Rochester NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great people; able to move around in different functions
Cons: people keep being pushed to do more with less resources, the users were brought in with lots of cash and perks, and usually didn't last too long.
I was at B&L for my entire career, minus 3 & 1/2 years when they sold the instruments division. A lot of good people were employed by the company. The 'users' came and went, and usually didn't last long.
Great Place to work
SR. Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CANovember 15, 2013
Awesome place to work, Great life/Work Balance. Ability to work remote
This Place is a Mess
Engineering (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOOctober 22, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: company is not serious about being a competitive player in this market.
I have worked in the Surgical division of the B+L for over a decade, and this unit has never been run by a competent management team for this entire time. The revolving door or managers are and always have been more interested in averting blame and responsibility than in leading this division in a direction that would grow our business. If you are a – more... self-serving bureaucrat I would highly recommend B+L as a place to work, as these are the types of people elevated and promoted in this company. – less

1 2 3 4

About Bausch & Lomb

The eyes are the windows to profit for Bausch & Lomb. Operating as Bausch + Lomb, the eye care company is best known as a leading – Read more