Baxter Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace fun place to work.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day insisted of starting at 7:00, the doors opened at 7:30 so the first thirty minutes or so insisted of setting of the branch for the day. The day itself usually fly's by because in my case, I worked at a very busy branch so free time was limited. The only draw back of the company is the sales goals. BCU makes its employees push credits cards, auto loan ect... that it sometimes takes away from the overall member experience.
Inbound call center taking calls from Baxter Credit Union customers
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 24, 2015
The work place is nice the people are nice they provide the employees free fountain drinks coffee and food on many occasions. The call volume is not very hectic semi casual environment. Management is not always honest with you when reviewing your performance because of lack of communication. The pay is decent but no chance for a bonus as a member services rep.
Pros
Casual work place good people call volume med to light
Cons
Breakdowns in management lacks communication with their employees
Best Job Ever
Member Services (Current Employee) –  ILJuly 26, 2015
Best company I ever worked for. Amazing benefits, great banking products, outstanding management, and a excellent support staff. This company is really amazing even if you are just a member. Top Company to work for award 2x. I love my job and the company I work for. Only disadvantage is that the there aren't many locations so looking for a career here is limited to how far you want to commute. BCU listens to members feedback and they care.
Pros
Products are amazing, benefits, work life balance, managment
Cons
few locations
The Credit Union is like a family & growing
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
The Credit Union overall treats its members with respect and like family. There is, however, strong hints of favoritism in the working environment. A typical day at work involves a lot of tasks and multitasking. My title may be just a service rep, but I also do loans, mortgages, wires, answer calls, enter various transactions....etc, and attend member's needs at the same time. Management within my workplace is not what I was told in the beginning when I first started. It's rough and (hate to say it) two-faced. My co-workers are amazing. We work very well as a team. The hardest part of the job is having 5 to 6 different jobs placed on one person & hearing nothing , but negativity from the manager, which makes the job even more stressful and less productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help members who come in asking for help. I love helping people and making them smile. It makes my day. I just wish I can manage this in a brighter and more enjoyable environment.
Pros
Helping people/members
Cons
Consant negativity in the workplace
Great Place to Work
Account Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills IlApril 15, 2015
Daily tasks identifying differences in New Membership Applications, Attention to detail in fraudulent applications, daily reports for Social Security numbers, funding applications, send out denial/approval application letters, W-8 reports. Answer incoming calls and questions, concerns regarding applications from other departments. Very easy to work with Co-Workers, monthly meeting ideas and minutes.
Pros
Free lunches, insurance
Cons
No cons
Enjoyable and Fun atmosphere
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 3, 2014
Everyone was helpful and made it an easy place to want to come to work. Everyone did their jobs. Usually a free lunch once a week. Snacks and treats seem to find their way into the office on a regular basis.
Pros
flexible hours if needed.
Cons
contract employee and eventually let go due to a shortage of work.
It was a great place to work at .I learnt a lot working there for 3 years
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont , CASeptember 4, 2013
Was promising and was guided a group of leaders or mentors to help you meet your goals and potential.

My reviews at Baxter Credit Union were great and I did see a potential increase in my salary.
Bcu
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 12, 2013
Working at BCU was wonderful experience for me. People are so nice and very helpful. management is great always ready to help out and lead you in the right direction. I learned a lot about mortgage industry with BCU. I wish i could stay there and build my career at BCU. Maybe one day.
Pros
tons of free lunches.
inconvenient location
Processor/Underwriter Contractor (Former Employee) –  Vernon HIlls, ILJuly 23, 2013
Training of procedures could have been more beneficial if with 1 person on same process.

My commute to work each day was a minimum of 1.5-2hrs/each way
Leader in CU industry, constantly growing
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 2, 2013
Lots of perks here - workout facility, summer cookouts, great coworkers.
staffing coordinator
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  carolina, prDecember 11, 2012
great atmosphere, good company, great team, fun and friendly place to work
Pros
awesome company, good pay for the job
Cons
temporary position
nice place to work
IS Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 11, 2012
Lots of responsibility. Multiple server platforms to repair and software to know.