Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 17, 2017
Mangement cares NOTHING about employees, and even less about the patients their products are aimed at. Greedy company driven purely by profit over ethics. Managers promote a toxic work environment, offer zero training, and are incapable of managing people. Current CEO is slime.

Just don't even bother with this hulking giant of a company. It will be sold and broken up into pieces, if the FDA doesn't do that first. Just a disgusting place to work.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Everything outside of pay. Benefits are not up to industry standard.
fast paced well managed by the entire team
Intry level Assembler temp (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 12, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about Baxter's except it doesn't have a cafeteria, And it was only a temp job. Its very fast paced, the managers may not have time to teach you the employees always willing to help. I really met a lot of nice people their.
Pros
good parking, nice people, free coffee
Cons
no cafetiere
Es buena esperiencia trabajar para mantener y sostener vidas
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 10, 2017
BAXTER es una empresa de mucha importancia ya que una vez estás en ese lugar te das de cuenta cuan importante es el producto para la necesidad del pasiente
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
El empleado no tiene tiempo con su familia ya que se hacen muchos cambios en el horario
Fast pace
Pasteurization Team, and Manufacturing Tech III (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILNovember 9, 2017
Face pace and competitive. Always advancement opportunities. Plant manager of RLDD really cares about employees. Clean environment. Uniform and safety shoes provided.
Cover Up Culture
Quality Control Analyst- Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
In biotech you are regulated by the FDA. Sometimes it is encouraged to cover up OSHA and FDA violations. If you bring this to someone's attention you will receive trouble.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYNovember 8, 2017
It was very nice working at Baxter.I liked having worked there. It was fun and productive. I recommend Baxter to everybody. This company has a lot to offer.
Pros
free lunxh
Cons
Developing inventions was an exiting experience
Project Manager, Sr. Scientist, Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILNovember 7, 2017
To have patents that exist today because of the work/development that I was apart of are memories and job satisfactions I hold dear even to the day and time on my life.
Pros
Team environment
Lively Department
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSNovember 6, 2017
Being able to conduct a 200% verification on all product while in process and before start up. Everyone was always on the move throughout their shift. The hardest part of the job was making sure all product was pull correctly and verified before start up.
Pros
the hours
Cons
Forklift
Company in transition
Finance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
Organization is under transition. New CEO/leadership team making significant changes to organization, downsizing the organization and bringing in new leadership for the business units.
Pros
Flexibility in workplace, equitable compensation
Cons
limited career advancement
Productive workplace
Back Up Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work for me is walking into clean rooms to do checks and audits and everything is clean and in place. Everyone is garbed and doing their responsibilities, whether I find PM issues or defects in the product, I follow the proper procedures to solve the issue because at the end of the day, quality comes first!
It was a very short stay at Baxter Healthcare for one year
senior chemist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2017
I did not stay at Baxter for more than a year.The work I did was mainly focussed on bovine jugular veins and its biochemistry.The work was a very slow process of fixation of bovine valves in glutaraldehyde and then it was given to histology lab for embedding and cutting the tissue at 3-4 microns.Although the work was very challenging but I had to leave as I got a better offer at PSJMC.
could have been better
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Round Lake Beach, ILNovember 2, 2017
this place was so good but, as time went on, people became very cold to products that help people. i can no longer stand for that. it was son infuriating.
Pros
not much
Cons
bad managment all around
Company closed
Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 2, 2017
Company closure in 2017 left quite a few people with no job. It didn't seem to matter to management. The carrer path was downhill just not a good time there
Pros
Other than management people were great to get along with
Cons
Management was lousy
Mechanical Assistance
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRNovember 2, 2017
I started as a labor for a short time. The work was seasonal and each time I learned additional things. I went mechanical assistance and together with the mechanic we made preventive maintenance and mechanical repairs.
Baxter Is A Great Place To work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, AR 72653October 31, 2017
I would recommend anyone to work at baxter. They are an equal opportunity establishment with great pay and benefits. For the area of Mountain Home this is one of the best paying jobs around.
Fun work place with up.beat people
Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 30, 2017
Baxter made iv bags for our local hospitals, we were responsible for filling the bags with saline solution and making sure the bags where clean and filled.
Pros
Vacation pay
Interesting place to work
Senior Manager, Global Marketing (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 30, 2017
Depends on who you work for or which group you work in.

Not all managers are the same, each manager come with their own perspective on things and if that happen to jive with yours, then you can have a good experience, if you don't, you might be thinking of moving around.

Strategy tends to change quite frequently which leads to not completing your tasks
Great Place To Work
Quality Lab Associate II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 27, 2017
I Enjoy working at Baxter Healthcare. The people are some of the nicest people you would want to meet. The typical work day is relaxed and fast pace at times.
Pros
All Pros
Cons
No Cons
Sales
Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 26, 2017
Sold all IV Therapy Products to the Alternate Site Market as well as Infusion Pumps. Other products were IV Solutions, TPN, Needleless
Systems and all Sets to IV Therapy Companies.
Pros
Excellent Market
Cons
Changed the structure of the division
Order puller and stocker
Warehouse Employee/Lead Shipper (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 25, 2017
My job was to fulfill orders on a daily basis.there was a lot of work so we stayed over ever night. Helped with receiving and stocking. Allot drove forklifts pallet jakes cherry picker.
Pros
Long hours. Bad pay
Cons
A long of over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.