Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

Large organization with multiple therapeutic areas to develop in
BioScience Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Great opportunity to grow and diversify talents in different areas because of the portfolio of products; travel requirements and relocation can be hindering in the sales area because of smaller sales force and limited opportunity
overview
General Manager (Former Employee), Telegraph Media GroupApril 21, 2015
Pros: great career development
Cons: always on call
Managed 50 staff

Looked after catering, hospitality, retail and vending services for a 24/7 contract

Responsibilty for budgets, sales targets, marketing, HR, Training and development, budget planning and control, stocktaking, ensuring legal compliance, food safety and health and safety.
Amazing Co-workers
Research Associate II / Project Engineer II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria
Cons: Salary
Fantastic place to work if you're looking for a dynamic group of individuals who make every day of work a fun and memorable experience.
Dull 9 to 5 with great benefits
IT (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Health and other benefits
Cons: Poor management and culture
Baxter is a behemoth corporation with thousands of employees. This is as corporate is it gets. 9 to 5 with an inflated corporate structure and bureaucracy. Promotions are scarce and work is dull. Management inefficiencies are everywhere and are being overlooked.
Nice productive staff
Global Quality Suppliers Quality Intern (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, discounts, nice staff
Cons: Office space
It was a very short term internship, lasted 5 months. I really enjoyed people, they were very friendly and supportive. On the other hand, particularly in my department there was a need of updated of an office, it just looked very sad and old and really opposite of motivating atmosphere.
Department functions vs corperate view
preclinical resources / Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lay offs
I loved working for Baxter, unfortunately there was a decision to Let go one of the departments.

I enjoyed the work and the experience with both the techniques i was performing and with the coworkers. we were a tight-knit family. we worked over time and we were not baby sat by our supervisor, to ensure what time we were coming in and leaving. when we worked together the work was completed in a timely manor, and with quality work to back. I don't think any other group could give this much care and time into their work as we did. It didn't matter what time you were needed their you were making a difference. I worked a 9-5 job but occasionally when it was needed i would come in at 6am and be out by 2:30pm.
Great place to work and learn
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good professional culture
Cons: some politics
Baxter Healthcare gave me a chance to succeed through training and opportunity. I hope they are still doing this because it worked very well. I appreciated the older work force for their guidance and support, something that is lacking in todays industry. Experience matters.
N/A
Account Executive (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 2, 2015
Great work life balance. I bring value to my customers using a consultative sales method. Management and co-workers are great and reliable to work for and with. Hardest part of the job is to consistently produce the sales goals of the organization.
great place
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: work environment was 110% good
Cons: breaks are a little too short
good people easy work. clean environment. nice temp control. surper visor and manager are awesome. they talk to you like you are human. its also a big facility, alot of room for growth.
Good company.
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Stable work environment. you have to load your own trucks. All the drivers help each other. You deliver residential so there are very difficult terrain. A lot of rural stops. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they cover all expenses, hotel,meals, etc.
Good Place to work
Electrical/Mechanical Drafting (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays, vacation ect
Cons: Laid back enviroment, a lot of slack time
I enjoyed workiing there as a draft person. I was not challenged as much as I am normally challenged. Environment was somewhat laid back, and I was usually looking for something to do. Made for long days. I worked there under a temp agency and was offered full time only when I was about to leave.
Stable Organization
Pricing Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 29, 2015
-Hard working and dedicated employees are valued
-some teams may be micromanaging their teams
-Challenging environment; great opportunities to learn and grow
-Long commute if you are hired for Round Lake location
Drone like
Labeling Documentation Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Roundlake, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: It was great about 5 years ago. Discount perks
Cons: limitation to solving issues
Management has made it their mission to prevent you from thinking out of the box. Eventually it inhibits you from being able to say anything at all without the fear there will be repercussions for speaking up.
This has been a recent change in the company that has made many employees afraid or uneasy and makes for a miserable environment.
Coworkers are let go and not replaced, and the rest of the team picks up the slack. Or the complete opposite, too many on a team with no focus, or direction.
Excellent Workplace
QA Associate - CAPA Owner (Current Employee), PRMarch 20, 2015
Excellent Workplace where my abilities can be use to contribute in the daily requirements of the company . I am so grateful to work inna company like Baxter Aibonito.
Quality Driven
Corporate Product Surveillance Quality Associate (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILMarch 18, 2015
Productive, extremely fast pace environment with plenty of potential for personal growth. Professional atmosphere, business oriented goals. Friendly management.
Mgr (Former Employee), Round LakeMarch 17, 2015
Great products, rewarding experience. Life saving products great people to work with, Enjoyable experience, commute from the city is trying at times
Dependable Company
Production Technician (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILMarch 15, 2015
i really dont know what to say about this company but i have to say something.otherwise i cant do this anymore. Seriously More? How many words do i have to write.
Intern HR
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 13, 2015
Great place to work, positive atmosphere, very good internship program. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about the healthcare industry, finance, and HR.
Change Management
Senior Clinical Consultant (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 12, 2015
Pros: positive impact on global health
Cons: ever changing corporate environment
I have enjoyed working for Baxter Healthcare for eight years and the company has allowed me to grow in my field of interest.

A typical day at Baxter for a Senior Clinical Consultant in Therapeutics includes a review of regulatory documents and educational material with a half day of meetings to drive team decisions. My co-workers are very intelligent, hard working individuals that have added to my knowledge and experience allowing positive growth in my consultation skills.

The hardest part of the job is the ever changing corporate environment. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the benefits that we are making on the lives of tens of thousands patients across the globe.
Leading Manufacturer
Material Handler/Record Keeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSMarch 8, 2015
Typical day inventory control, ordering part, forklift training, mold approvals, and warehouse worker. learning AS/400 system daily, tracking Kronos time and attendance, and shipping and receiving. the hardest part was staying longer hours each day. The most enjoyable was working in the different departments and learning the different jobs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Salaries