Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

LAMP-successfully commissioned and plant operational
Principal Calibration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Worked on Start Up for Los Angeles Manufacturing Plant B8. Wrote over 100 criiticality assessments for instrument skids for Waste Water, WFI, RO, Albumin and Hemofil production lines. Plant successfully commissioned and producing product under FDA approval.
Pros
Free In/Out Hamburger Lunch, Laker GAMES at Corporate Box-STAPLES
Cons
Outages involving long hours and commuting to LA from OC with no pay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 22, 2016
Responsible for supporting all licensing functions but contacting all customers via letters or phone calls in obtaining current licenses for product shipments. I was also promoted to Customer Master Specialist which this role required daily interactions with internal and external customers via various communication methods. I was able to answer customer questions, facilitate necessary research and resolve issues throughly and accurately. In this role I worked with Baxter internal customers to resolve our customer issues and worked with Business Operations, Sales, Credit and Collections, Customer Service and others.
Great job with ample amount of overtime opportunities.
Packing Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCJanuary 17, 2017
A workplace that is team oriented, has effective training and a decent amount of opportunities to move positions in the plant. It is currently on a mandatory six day work-week until production numbers are caught up. The long work-weeks take its toll at first but you get used to it; the pay is good. I liked learning the different positions in different areas of the plant.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Long work-weeks and short breaks in filling.
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Jayuya, PRJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work consists in performs Non conformance Investigations, bring support in the Microbiological Testing such as Environmental Monitoring, Microorganism identification, procedures updates, establish the priority of testing related to the release of the manufactured batches and establish the priority in the Microbiology Laboratory.
Pros
opportunity to be part of improvements opportunities
Cons
work more than 10 hours/ day
Incompetent Management
Sr. Business Analyst, R&D (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 12, 2016
Most of the people are friendly and polite. I met a lot of nice people, learned a lot and enjoyed my job. To bad the management is acting weird under the pressure. If they are asked to get rid of some people, they will create false reviews, and start generating evidence against you. The performance improvement plan is designed to get rid of you, not to help you to improve. If you get one, you better start looking for a new job.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Incompetent Management
Was probably once a great place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILDecember 7, 2016
It's difficult working for a company that doesn't recognize its employees for the hard work they put in. I'm good at my job, rarely call in sick, have no disciplinary or performance issues, and I have a bachelors degree, yet after four years, I'm still stuck in a low level manufacturing position. All of my attempts at moving forward with my career have been thwarted, and no one will tell me why. The sad truth is, unless you are related to someone in a higher-up position, you shouldn't expect to move up very far
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
baxter doesn't care about its employees
Baxter is a good to work a couple of year, get experience and move on.
Planner (Buyer) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRNovember 21, 2016
Good to work, get experience and move on to a better company that can provide retired benefit.
Many hours working.
I learn al the suppy chain, proyect managment; planning process and procurement, purchasing and sousing systems, warehousing, logistics and inventory control.
Pros
Execellence safety program
Cons
Benefits, bonus and compersation no good
Nice Environment
Lead DW/ETL Consultant/Architect (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Baxter Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, Kidney diseases, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions.
The new solution delivered through Project ERP BI is enterprise system, serving the finance, Reference & supply Chain planning and forecasting processes across all Baxter divisions and geographies
Loved this company, great place to work
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 8, 2016
I would love to return to Baxter, one of the best places I have worked for. I would recommend this company to friends and family. The fellow employees are great folks to work with, they treat you the way they want to be treated.
Pros
Positive work environment, great people, fair review process, wonderful benefits
Cons
Long hours when working in Manufacturing
Good company, slowly choking to death.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Medina, NYOctober 9, 2016
Baxter is really a great place to work, but since it went corporate, management is less transparent, perks are being stripped away, and job security is always in question. Higher-ups are often hired from outside. Pay rate is not realistic, but not terrible.

The atmosphere is great and you make a lot of friendships with coworkers. The work is usually steady and consistent. Overtime is usually offered (although currently hard to come by). The workplace is very safety oriented. All in all its a good place to work, but is was better once.
Pros
Four 10 hr shifts, opportunity for advancement, healthcare
Cons
Occasional lay offs, shutdowns, poor communication
Consultant-SR Project Manager IT (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 31, 2016
Great benefits, good life balance. As an consultant I am working on a variety of projects within different functional areas which is interesting-never a dull moment. The systems are questionable due to the split up of the company (Baxter-Shire) and the data migration.
Pros
Good life balance, great people
Cons
Systems are questionable due to data migration
It's a good place to work and develop.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guayama, PRSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day starts at 8:00am with a walkthrough of the ongoing projects and manufacturing tiers to attend any issue. Work with any required documentation and provide projects budget status. I acquired excellent leadership and team working skills. Developed my technical knowledge in Management and Instrumentation. Management team is compromised with Corporate Goals and philosophy.
Pros
Flexitime, culture
Cons
Risky environment
Productive, entergetic, friendly and clean working enviroment
Assembly line / Tech II (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Working at Baxter healthcare was an overall good experience. The employees all got along well and the management seemed to care about the employees feelings. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness, every day was the exact same unless you were in a managerial position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co- workers and the benefits for working there. Such as, birthdays, pizza parties for hitting our goal, the wheel the managers spun to help encourage hitting our goal and the benefits of the cafeteria and weight room.
productive but moral has dropped over the years
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 26, 2016
there really is no typical day. I have learned that I can do whatever they put on me, but it seems to not do any good. Love my coworkers but management is basically a joke in the fact that you do the job and never even receive a thank you and only certain people who are friends or family have any hope of moving up in the company, regardless of whether they have a degree or not. The job is not hard. It seems overwhelming at first but once you take the time to learn and know what it is that you are doing it is not hard at all.
Pros
I get to take my child to school.
Cons
I come into work at 2:00 on occasion
Great place to work, but constant layoffs
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 1, 2016
The new CEO has brought in a certain level of optimism and energy into the company. There is a major HR initiative to bring work life balance and flex work options. But restructuring, cost cutting and constant lay-off keeps morale down, tension high and pressure on the employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
constant layoffs
productive and good to employees
Wetside Filler/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Baxters is a good place to work its manufacturing so its repetitive but all in all pretty steady and well maintained. There are some issues in moving up in the plant there are so many people fighting for the same position unless you have some years under your belt its hard to progress.But once a position you like has be obtained its not a bad work environment.
Pros
Lunchroom. breaks, pay
Cons
repetitive and trouble moving up
Final packaging department
MANUFACTURING TECH II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 23, 2016
great place to work.
you see your co-workers more then your family sometimes.
management was ok, they all look out for each other.
Holiday events are nice.
safety is the number goal.
Cons
manufacturing doesnt get to participate in most workplace activities, small break rooms, short 30 min lunches for manufacturing.
Excellent company, fantastic management.
Corp. Exec. Asst. - EVP, General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILOctober 25, 2016
Employees were from all around the world. Everyone worked together and always put in the extra effort to get the job done.
The management was respected by all.

The hardest part of the job was losing our company due to an acquisition.
Pros
Flex time, healthclub, wonderful employees and management
A lot of drama, poor work ethic.
Over wrap operator (Current Employee) –  North Cove, NCSeptember 21, 2016
While I worked at baxters. I experienced alot. They bosses in the office don't care about the on floor employees at all. We work our fingers to the bone for what? Yes we help millions of people and save lives. But what about our lives? Our families? We may be saving lives but we are destroying our own.
Pros
Longer holidays
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Uncertain environment
Medical Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 29, 2016
Flexible work environment. Too many organizational changes. Four in four years with ultimate destructive workforce reduction. Lacking products in pipleline. Casual work environment. Great innovative people work here. Not many processes in place. Unstable environment especially since new CEO joined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.