Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employer Reviews

Nice place
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
Nice secure place to work. Job Work/Life Balanced. Healthy Job Culture.
Gret place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, IL.October 13, 2014
Pros: all
typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to Work
Senior Audit Consultant (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work with a great culture. Great first job specifically for those right out of college looking for coaching and development. Great benefits in relation to healthcare, discounts, reimbursement of public transit.
I love working at Baxter
Billing Specialist (Accounts receivable) (Former Employee), Waukegan ILOctober 8, 2014
Baxter employee are very friendly and polite. I loved my manager and would love to work at Baxter again. I learned accounts receivable and customer service and data management systems.
Good place to work with lots of opportunities
Sr Director, Global Quality Mgmt - Renal Division (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 6, 2014
Good place to work with lots of opportunities. With the diversity of the company, there are many opportunities to develop an individual's career.
Assembler I (Former Employee), Largo, FloridaOctober 6, 2014
typical day at work, very productive close to my house cool coworkers.
The Baxter Experience
STRATEGIC BUYER II, INDIRECT (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
A typical work week consist of reviewing purchase requests, contracts, proposal, accounting discrepancies, trouble shooting, end-user training and making critical decisions and executing it. The hardest and yet the most rewarding part of the job is making the decisions on a project because stake holders are depending on your role to achieve savings, – more... adhere to quality and regulatory standards, meet deadlines while keeping the business running without interruptions.

My co-workers are all dedicated and proficient with their job. They take their career seriously and operate with knowledge, professionalism and heart. This also applies to the management team as they hear out their direct reports and support the need of the workers in order to make their jobs efficient, safe and valuable to the organization.

The skill set I take with me that I've learned from this career is effective communication, leadership skills and result orientation and drive for quality work. – less
Research Associate III (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 5, 2014
A typical day at work may involve the following: performing various analytical techniques such as GC, GC/MS, GC-Headspace, HPLC. I am just getting involved with the CAPA process. Perform method validations, assist in solving manufacturing or product issues.

All co-workers get along with one another and with me. We socialize out of the workplace also. – more... I have learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry. – less
Vast amounts of growth within the company both personally and nationally.
Master Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Moorhead, MNOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, friendly atmosphere, excellent co-workers, paid training
Cons: repetitive job tasks, inconsistant hours, high turn-over rate
Overall a great place to get your foot in the door for a medical career. However, the hours are hard to work with and the jobs themselves within the center's are very monotonous.
Great work/life balance, fragile career paths
Senior Program & Change Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: ife saving products manufactured
Cons: b-team
Very nice company, but career progression is dependent on ever changing leadership - tough to plan!
Horrible
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursment
Cons: management, hours, metric expectations, donors
Generally extremely busy and fast paced. Mgmt only cares about metrics and not what the staff needs to succeed, in addition they rarely come out from their offices to help ease workload because it would interrupt their personal conversations. The environment their is that each co-worker needs to rat others out. Favortism is rapant. None of the policies – more... are logical. – less
great job poor management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Marion, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: 12 hour shifts management to wishy washy
Productive enviorment great job good people to work with, just want an 8 hour shift and not 12 hour nights
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: n/a
Great environment, Good benefits, secured ad protective and great pay each week.
Productive workplace, very detail oriented management. Great place to start your career.
QA Associate I (Current Employee), Aibonito Puerto RicoSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great place to start your career. very helpful coaches and consultants
Cons: lots of gossip between senior and junior managers
Baxter as a company has a lot of benefits for the employess. You have the opportunity to expand your skills with all the trainings in CAPA, you start to adjust your mindset from a CAPA standpoint. There are coaches on-site to give you support on your CAPA investigations and everyone is willing to help you develop and improve in your performance.
fast paced factory like work
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits and vacation
Cons: short breaks, no appreciation, lazy management and supervisors
During a typical day at Biolife we stayed very busy. They describe the work to be similar to factory work. The work there was very repetitive and sometimes I would get bored because the work became to easy for me. I was able to work with a wide variety of donors that made the day very interesting. I enjoy working with people and always had a great time – more... with our donors. – less
Nice place to work
Plasma Center (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nice donors, coworkers and management both were great
Cons: some lazy employees, not enough rewards, hours were tough
I really liked working at this place and the people were friendly for the most part. The donors got crazy sometimes but overall they were nice, and the benefits were great. Management really seemed to care about the employees and were always willing to help you when it got real busy. All my co-workers were nice, but some were lazy, especially the nurse – more... staff who half of them did nothing but complain. I didn't like the fact that corporate offices didn't give us more rewards, even though we were constantly giving the donors prizes and money. The schedule was also hard to understand and everyone basically works at night. But i really enjoyed working there because you were saving lives. – less
Great Place
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Great Place to work with good management and team environment.
Internship (Former Employee), PRSeptember 7, 2014
The typical work as like a routine, I learned how the plants works how the products were made and how to work with their database system, most of the co-workers were friendly, the hardest part of the job was be aware of detail, overall was an ok as an enjoyable job.
Inventory management and order management is like being Sherlock Holmes. Solving problems is one of my best qualities.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILSeptember 4, 2014
There is never a typical day, which is always fun! Building relationships with our customers, agents and reps has been very rewarding.
Accomplished medical device representative with long term realtionships
Ohio Valley Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2014
In today's competitive environment it's more important than ever to be able to quickly develop rapport with customers which leads trusting relationships. I've always believed that if people like you they are more apt to want to do business with you. This isn't a new concept but it's easy to sometimes forget. In my daily routine I am constantly interacting – more... with customers to make sure that their needs are met. It's my goal to exceed the customers expectations and be one step ahead.

I'm looking for an opportunity that will involve a bit less travel (currently at 70%) and the opportunity to make more money. – less

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos