Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employer Reviews

ALERT SECURITY GUARD
Security Guard (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
security guard need to be on the lookout at all times, learning to give necessary actions in any problems occur to take pride on giving all my cares to the company by being alert hardest part is when caught people in trouble most enjoyable is serving customer
Baxter
Technical Writer/Consultant (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJuly 8, 2014
Baxter is a wonderful place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and networking. The salary and benefits were great.
Decent Job
Quality Lab Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJuly 6, 2014
Very much no work/life balance. A stable place to work to retire from, have to know people to get in and move up in ranks.
.NET LEAD (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 1, 2014
• Around 9+ years of professional software development experience in the area of Internet related Technologies, implicated in design, development and maintenance. Experience as a Software Engineer/Analyst, in the area of Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, support, Implementation of n-tier applications.
• Expertise in .NET framework encompassing – more... C#.Net, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ADO.NET Entity Framework, XML/XSL/XSLT,.Net Remoting and Web Services.
• Hands on Experience in Designing, Developing, Maintaining and supporting Web Applications using Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET.
• Experience in working with HTML Controls, Web Custom Controls, Web User Controls, Master Pages and ASP.NET Web Forms.
• Proficient in SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL and RDBMS Concepts, Database Programming, Object Oriented Concepts, creation of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, SSIS packages, Functions and maintaining SQL Jobs.
• Experience in importing/exportingdata between different sources like Oracle/Access/Excel etc. using SSIS/DTS utility.
• Knowledge of Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Model View controller (MVC) , Service Oriented Architecture(SOA), JQuery, Language-Integrated Query(LINQ), Share point. Strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) and Designing.
• Expertise in development of Windows and Web based applications, Knowledge in COM and DCOM Objects.
• Expertise with ADO.NET objects such as connection object, command object, Data Reader Object, Dataset Object and Data Adapter Object.
• Experience in using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation, and SSIS Package Designer
• Have been involved in several sessions to gather system requirements from various Interfacing Teams at different client places, also experienced in interacting with end users and gathering business requirements.
• Involved in deployment of the application and client releases.
• Worked as Project lead at Onsite-offshore model projects and instrumental in supporting Pharma Covigilance and Energy applications
• Received multiple Power up’s Appreciation for exceeding the expectations of my role and commendable performance from my customers.
• Cited by supervisor as “a perfect team player who has an excellent attitude to learn”. – less
Frienly enviroment
assembler (Former Employee), Guayama, PRJune 30, 2014
I work for them for a shot period of time, during that time i had a pleasant time, company has a lot of activities for the employees.
N/A
QC Analyst I/II to Present (Former Employee), Newbury Park CAJune 29, 2014
Job is fairly secure and opportunities for advancments are available from time to time. culture varies for each department and so does management attitude/skills.
Very Disappointing! Misleading job schedule. Team leaders are arrogant and act like they are so much better than everyone else.
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay was ok, some employees were nice.
Cons: breaks when they dictate, floor supervisors are on a power trip, no days off during the week even if you work part-time, donors treated like cattle, hot working conditions, no consistent work schedule to follow.
I was told I was hired for part-time work however when I started working I was informed I would not be given any days off unless I used PTO. So basically they own you! You are scheduled everyday for some hours and usually all the undesired closing hours so you will be working 12-8 or later some nights.
Most people are not happy that work here, they – more... act like it in front of Management however when Management isn't around they talk about how much they hate and can't wait to leave.

You may be scheduled until close which is 8 or later by the time you get ALLOWED to leave after all of your tasks are complete then the next day you need to be back there at 5:45 am.

I have many years of work experience and many different roles and jobs. This by far was the worst, I felt like donors are just a number and I worked in a prison. – less
Intense and challenging workplace but with moderate reward
LA Manufac. Development Program Process Engineer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great employees, constant challenges
Cons: stressful workplace, low compensation/rewards
Baxter is a great place to work if you want to push yourself. Although the job description may start off standard, you can continually add different assignments and responsibilities that can flesh out your knowledge and on-hand experience as soon as you can.

The drawback mostly includes compensation and headcount. Although you can push yourself to – more... round out your career here at Baxter, there may not necessarily be a position that'll fit your new skills and knowledge. Therefore, it could take years before an appropriate position can open up. Along the way, the raises and bonuses are minimal, especially for first line supervisors and below. – less
Good Place
Mix Technician (Former Employee), PRJune 19, 2014
Cons: too far away
I liked very much! New processes.
Good Benefits. Excellent teamwork.
Productive and fun with a news channel.
Assembler (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSJune 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being around good people of all ages and working with them to get out production every night!
Fun and always learning
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Marion, NCJune 11, 2014
I have to review new SOP's on a day to day basis, to ensure the quality of our product. I go to each line in filling and packing to run tests on the equipment and test our iv bags thoroughly. I enjoy working with my co-workers. There is a group of 4 of us and we make a wonderful team effort every night and we all get along really well.
Fun atmosphere & Friendly Co-Workers
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
open office
create 100 daily invoices for repairs
creating and providing PO for repairs
in put all work loads completed on every device daily
run audit reports
order and stock any and all office supplies
in charge of travel arrangements for CEO
Challanging but rewarding work environment
Technical Writer/Consultant (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJune 5, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus
Cons: public transportation
I think that I produced some of my best work at Baxter, thanks to a Senior Manager who was detailed and specific and knew how to get results from his staff.
Professional atmosphere, great people
Group Manager, Marketing Research (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJune 3, 2014
In a nutshell, If you like working with great people doing an important job, this is a place for you.
Fun people to work with in a fast-paced environment
Senior Sample Processing Technician (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJune 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, long and irregular hours
Fast paced, fun people to work with. Highly regulated by FDA. Always something to do, but you're on your feet a lot.
Fun people to work with in a fast-paced environment
Senior Sample Processing Technician (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJune 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, long and irregular hours
great place nice people to work with
Prototype Machinist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: 20 min paid break breakfrst
Working with The prototype Dept wonderful place
happy people more lake a college setting
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Senior Cognos consultant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 28, 2014
I Learned new things. The co-worker were so helpful. And the hardest part of job is to finish big Project in time and enjoyable part of the job is getting very good experiance.
Results oriented company
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILMay 26, 2014
Results are the bottom line expectation with this company.
Exceeding customer expectations
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 21, 2014
•Directly managed a multi-state territory. Responsibilities included Customer Relations, Budget Development, Expense Management and maintaining FDA Compliance.
•Selected to head up a research and development project. Responsible for directing teammates through the FDA approval process of a home hemodialysis device.
•Developed processes and procedures – more... to guide end users through administration of chronic and home dialysis therapies.
•Provided direct support and oversight to a team of engineers responsible for Operations throughout North American.
•Served as patient point of contact for any home therapy service issues. Worked diligently to ensure the patient experience was positive while a safe treatment was delivered.
•Recognized with the Operational Excellence award, Baxter’s highest honor, for superb performance. – less

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos