Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Very educational
Supervisor in injection molding (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSAugust 5, 2015
Providing me a future of possibilities to expand and broaden my enviroment. I have learned the importance of being audit ready from being regulated by the FDA. It is alot of responsibilities and paperwork that correlate with the requirements and demand of the job.
Benefits
Cons
Hours worked
Amazing Culture!! Love to work here.
QUALITY ENGINEER II (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Baxter is an amazing company with an absolutely amazing culture. Everyone here is extrememly kind and very willing to work together and help out. Only downside is that it seems like under resourcing is a common theme at Baxter right now which makes it difficult to complete projects efficiently. Other than that, I love Baxter!
Pros
Culture, Food is great
Cons
Under resourcing, other companies pay more
Change Management
Senior Clinical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Baxter Healthcare for eight years and the company has allowed me to grow in my field of interest.

A typical day at Baxter for a Senior Clinical Consultant in Therapeutics includes a review of regulatory documents and educational material with a half day of meetings to drive team decisions. My co-workers are very intelligent, hard working individuals that have added to my knowledge and experience allowing positive growth in my consultation skills.

The hardest part of the job is the ever changing corporate environment. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the benefits that we are making on the lives of tens of thousands patients across the globe.
Pros
positive impact on global health
Cons
ever changing corporate environment
Good Starting point company
Supervisor, Senior Line Operational Handler 8+yrs (Current Employee) –  North Cove, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Not enough room for mid-career employee. Good company for a starting point. Moving up or areas in this company has little to do with experience but more to do with who you know. Midlevel careers will die here due to no room for advancement.
Pros
Job securtiy
Cons
no room for advancement
Marketing and Sales positions
Director-Marketing, Corporate partnerships (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 11, 2016
Worked for 14 years at Baxter in a variety of global/domestic marketing and sales positions. Was given increasing responsibilities to develop and grow the dialysis business in various markets to include the former Eastern European market and Southeast Asia.
Pros
continued developmental opportunities over time. Global experience as well as direct sales exposure.
Cons
Corporate reorganization.
Good company
Senior IT Executive (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILApril 4, 2016
I had a good career at Baxter, working in multiple areas including pharmaceuticals, devices and manufacturing. Company is known for product development and innovation.
greta place to work
LEAD MEDICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  11410 Mackinnley dr Tampa Fl 33610May 3, 2016
A lots of fun , preparation for surgery kit and it seriousness. Management team was awesome we always won the top award for best plant co-worker was great team player. The hardest part of the Job is to say good bye. knowing that we made a different for the patient and our employer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
closing of the plant
OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Mtn Home, ARJune 8, 2016
Start of shift produced paperwork and labels for all production lines using materials that were being produced. Either worked in the control room or on the floor. Alternating day to day with work station partner.
Pros
Very helpful group work place
Cons
Sometimes hard to find work station partner
Contractor-Engineer
R and D Material Science Engineer (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILFebruary 4, 2015
I am a contractor to Baxter Healthcare. The compensation gets one star because the contract company way low balled the job, even my boss and baxter employees were shocked at how low my salary was. Job Advancement would have been a breeze if my degree was in engineering. If you have a degree other than engineering you will not likely get a job. Work load is fair. Lots of helpful employees. Everyone makes you feel welcome. Love the atmosphere. Would definitely recommend working here, but if you are contractor do your research.
Pros
helpful employees, relaxed environment
Cons
contractor company/pay
Good Place to Learn
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 11, 2016
Baxter is a really good place to learn at a fast paced environment, and to multitask. There is less headcount everyday therefore more to do everyday. Local management needs repair but at a Corporate level it is new so I don't have much to say.
Pros
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Cons
Management & Compensation
Enjoyed my job and coworkers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Baxter was an awesome company to work for. A typical days work was shipping product to our customers when they provided purchase order forms. I enjoyed communicating and helping all my sale reps with ordering products for their customers. This was my first job after retiring from the military, so I loved learning all about JDE and Cognos which were systems vital to doing my job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time and mentoring coworkers. I had 25 years of Naval service behind me, so I was like a father figure that wanted everyone to succeed.
Pros
Work from home
its a good place
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Medina, NYJuly 15, 2016
Baxter is a pretty good place to work. I enjoy the people I work with,.. Management is management sometimes it doesn't seem like they care about the jobs we all do. There are very hard workers there and it seem like the same handful are always noticed and the rest are not.
One Day
human resource (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 18, 2016
Just one day is necessary to view, know and feel how is to work with all the factors that involve to be a Human Resource specialist. I've learned a lot of things, but the most important was the comunication, and the great hability of write correctly. One error and everithing can change. The human resource group needs to be so eficcient and multitasking, my partners are most of what the emplyees need.
My activities in Baxter where stablish to help them with different tasks and absorb all the knowledge that they can provide me.
Pros
lunch, breaks, parking
its productive and fun place to work
Documentation Associate II/HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 5, 2016
learn a lot in this company.
learned to work in teams
very friendly coworkers always help you succeed.
and management that help you succeed.
Progressive work environment lots of changes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 6, 2016
- Baxter has a very diverse group of talented individuals.

- I learned a great deal about inclusive environments and appreciating diversity.

- Management was very hands on.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding personal and management goals in assigned projects as well as working with talented groups of people.
Medical Assembly
Manufacturing Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 23, 2016
First thing in the morning, we usually clean the room, as in wiped down things we normally use daily. We get assigned to do our normally routine stuff. Usually, we'll either be tubing, inspecting or finals jars. Depends on how many you're tubing, you maybe have at least 1 or 2 people to help you.
Highly productive output of iv pumps
BIOMED TECH. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Repairing certain models of intravenous pumps for Baxter.
How technically specific the pumps must be.
Up to date on the latest on IV pump technology.
There was a camaraderie among the techs. to help each of us reach the required specs for each of these pumps without taking away from their own work.
Hardest part of the job was having the equipment reach those required specs, however, it was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
The camaraderie among the techs.
Cons
None.
Competitive and challenge company
Sr Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 21, 2016
I just like to work in a place where the development opportunities for all employees already exist. A competitive opportunities are given for the employees. The job work and life balance, job security and the compesations plans are important factors too.
I was only a contract employee.
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYJune 24, 2016
I loved the job, and workplace, Preparing reports and analyzing data. However after my contract ended they let me go. I continue to review Baxter Jobs for the Data Coordinator to be posted because i truly loved the job.
coworkers and managers
assembler (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYNovember 11, 2015
the pay is really good for the work that you do. I was trained well and started working after training under a week. but had to wait several weeks to be trained. it seemed to me as work progress that they just hired anyone off the streets. the turn over rate is not that impressive. I did however have a nice group of people to work with and it made the work day fly. the management system however is a mess. the communication between shifts is not there. so the animosity between the shifts was out of hand not at fault of the assemblers.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
managment