Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Fine for first time job.
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 16, 2016
Constant pressure to produce big production numbers. Quality not important.
Poor, unresponsive, management.
Play favorites.
It is a paycheck
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  North Cove, NCFebruary 15, 2016
I have learned that dealing with co-workers is like dealing with toddlers. I have learned that if you are not a part of toddlers then you will be ousted. The absolute hardest part of my job is dealing with co-workers. It is a paycheck until I find something new
Ready to Succeed
Training Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 14, 2016
I am talented and always available to assist those who need help. I am willing to expand my knowledge-base that I have attained throughout the years.
productivity
Assembler/inspector (Former Employee) –  plasma pooling/reworkerFebruary 8, 2016
I will start my job doing the best I can do willing to listen and learn how to do my job to satisfy my boss and customers. Well I do work with my co=workers and make the most of my day making sure I'm doing my job right the first time
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
short breaks
Payand benefits are not worth it
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 7, 2016
Major changes with the new COO coming in and it is necessary- company is in flux... looking forward to see some major changes and some old timers leaving....
Amazing Culture!! Love to work here.
QUALITY ENGINEER II (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Baxter is an amazing company with an absolutely amazing culture. Everyone here is extrememly kind and very willing to work together and help out. Only downside is that it seems like under resourcing is a common theme at Baxter right now which makes it difficult to complete projects efficiently. Other than that, I love Baxter!
Pros
Culture, Food is great
Cons
Under resourcing, other companies pay more
Great culture, people and work/life balance
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Positive team-oriented atmosphere. Individuals I've worked with across all departments are a pleasure to work with. Flexible schedule, can work from different locations including remotely and really enjoying "dress for your day". Even though we dress up when we have important meetings, myself and many of my team members wear jeans to work frequently. nice perk!

I'm continually stretched in my knowledge and capabilities, but I like that, because I learn something new every day and grow as I learn from team members etc.. My managers communicate their expectations well, but let you do your work without micromanaging and are easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job is probably not having the best infrastructure to support teamwork on common projects, but that is always getting better as the company has a high interest in keeping technology up-to-date, efficient and productive.

I love what I do and the people I work with!
Pros
Perks I mentioned in my review
Cons
In my area of work, there aren't alot of opportunities for promotion.
Sr. Safety Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 27, 2016
5 star for best work/life balance, best compensation benefits, best job security advancement, best management and best job culture. Big Thank you for Baxter Healthcare.
Highly productive output of iv pumps
BIOMED TECH. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Repairing certain models of intravenous pumps for Baxter.
How technically specific the pumps must be.
Up to date on the latest on IV pump technology.
There was a camaraderie among the techs. to help each of us reach the required specs for each of these pumps without taking away from their own work.
Hardest part of the job was having the equipment reach those required specs, however, it was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
The camaraderie among the techs.
Cons
None.
Fantastic place to work!
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 24, 2016
Baxter is a fantastic place to work giving many growth opportunities. The work environment is family friendly and the Management is very down to earth.
Pros
Cafe in work building.
Cons
Long walk from parking lot to work building.
productive and positive environment
PCT - Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2016
great staff and management . all employees/ staff were like family and were all supportive and helpful on a daily basis .
Pros
pot lucks / fun meetings
Cons
short breaks
Professional Place to Work
Sr. Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 21, 2016
Participated in the Global Compliance Supplier Quality group working with experienced professionals who contributed to my overall experience in the evaluation of suppliers providing raw materials, devices and services to this organization.
One Day
human resource (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 18, 2016
Just one day is necessary to view, know and feel how is to work with all the factors that involve to be a Human Resource specialist. I've learned a lot of things, but the most important was the comunication, and the great hability of write correctly. One error and everithing can change. The human resource group needs to be so eficcient and multitasking, my partners are most of what the emplyees need.
My activities in Baxter where stablish to help them with different tasks and absorb all the knowledge that they can provide me.
Pros
lunch, breaks, parking
Good Work/Life Balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2016
Good company to work with. Excellent peers and co-workers. Very good work and life balance depending on you role. Good place to work both challenging and demanding.
Great company
Meeting and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Baxter is a wonderful company. Employees and co-workers are very bright and exciting to work with. Management is supportive.
Good Starting point company
Supervisor, Senior Line Operational Handler 8+yrs (Current Employee) –  North Cove, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Not enough room for mid-career employee. Good company for a starting point. Moving up or areas in this company has little to do with experience but more to do with who you know. Midlevel careers will die here due to no room for advancement.
Pros
Job securtiy
Cons
no room for advancement
Good Company
QUALITY ENGINEER II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 9, 2016
Good place to work. Good employees. This is a great place to work directly out of college. I would recommend working here to a friend.
Progressive work environment lots of changes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 6, 2016
- Baxter has a very diverse group of talented individuals.

- I learned a great deal about inclusive environments and appreciating diversity.

- Management was very hands on.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding personal and management goals in assigned projects as well as working with talented groups of people.
Medical Device company with strong work culture
Facitities Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Medical Device manufacturer with solid product and quality control. Diverse work force that is trained to identify and solve problems and improve the quality of the product.
Pros
generous training benefits, positive work environment, patient focus
Cons
too many projects -
Enjoyed my job and coworkers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Baxter was an awesome company to work for. A typical days work was shipping product to our customers when they provided purchase order forms. I enjoyed communicating and helping all my sale reps with ordering products for their customers. This was my first job after retiring from the military, so I loved learning all about JDE and Cognos which were systems vital to doing my job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time and mentoring coworkers. I had 25 years of Naval service behind me, so I was like a father figure that wanted everyone to succeed.
Pros
Work from home