Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Wonderful job but horrible hours.
Filling Operator/Qualified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Marion, NC 28752December 24, 2017
I worked as a filling operator and then became a qualified trainer. I absolutely loved the job and the benefits that came along with it, but my body and mental health could no longer handle working 6 days a week on third shift for 6+ months. If I'm allowed the opportunity to return to Baxter, I would wish for a position that isn't on 6-7 days/week.
Avoid
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 21, 2017
One of the worst cultures I've experience in 30+ years. Cut-throat, big time. Upper management only interested in self-promotion and at the expense of everyone else.
I was a freelance graphic designer for Baxter
Senior Graphic Designer at Accenture (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2017
I was not a direct employee for Baxter. Please refer to my work at Accenture and Quicksilver Associates. As a senior graphic designer at Accenture, I worked in the Marketing Resources area. I helped design RFPs and PowerPoint presentations for them. Later, I became a lead print designer.
Competitive and Fast paced with a complex social hierarchy.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCDecember 19, 2017
I personally didn't enjoy my time there. Lots of groups based mostly in people that lived in the same county as the factory. I lived a hour away so I had leave home at least one and half hours before work. Took 15 minutes to get all the sanitary gear on.
Pharmaceutical
Baxter Health Care Corp (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Jayuya, PRDecember 19, 2017
It was a job for hospitals which had to be impeccable, from your person to the product you had in your hands.
We had uniform, there was a protocol to enter the work area and for said work. Everything had its time, organization and schedule.
Short term temp job.
Burst Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILDecember 18, 2017
I worked at Baxter for a short-term temporary assignment. I was overqualified for the position and they ended up using me for custodial duties a lot. That was definitely not what I signed up for. The recruiter who placed me at this assignment assured me that if I worked this low-paying, short term assignment that I would have a good chance of landing a better, permanent position with the company. That never happened.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Awesome place to work
Production Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MississippiDecember 13, 2017
Once you settle into your position and get done with training your pretty much on your own with momentary visitations from a supervisor. Even though it was a manufacturing facility the people there were like family and treated you as family.
Excessive Overtime
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Cove North CarolinaDecember 11, 2017
Six and seven day work weeks with little advance notice on most occasions. No family time or time away. Pay is good with good benefits. Shut down schedules change with little notice
Poor micromanagement
QA I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 11, 2017
Poor training, does not value employees, poor communication, takes credit for your work without giving any acknowledgement, no support from HR, termination without warning
Great company to work for
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MODecember 10, 2017
Overall, Baxter was the best company I ever worked for. I worked at different locations and was offered more opportunity before I left for greener pastures
Pros
Great overall company and culture
Cons
so big, hard to know all the opportunities for advancement across the company
Promotes diversity
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  North SingaporeDecember 10, 2017
Equal opportunity to all employees.
Encourages everyone to provide regular feedback from all departments.
Ensures that all employees are well-informed and updated about company policies and regulations
Training Manger
Manager, Sales Training & Development, (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 9, 2017
company and culture does not allowing to give ideas as own business. poor leadership treats employees like they have no experience and does not and values employees
Pros
poor managment
Cons
good history
Great place
Precipitation _ Manufacturing Tech. II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2017
I miss it. I really enjoyed working with them. I enjoyed their reasons behind the job. I would love to go back.
I hope I find another company like them.
Pros
Great
Cons
DOCUMENTATION ASSOCIATE II, LABELING (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 6, 2017
Good place to work, great colleagues. Salary not comparable to other companies, especially living in the Bay Area. Not pleased with restructuring in group leading to layoffs.
Pros
Activities & celebrations for employees
Cons
Salary not comparable to other biotech companies
Work that saves and sustains lives, but high stress and high expectations
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 30, 2017
Large company where communication can be very difficult across facilities. Many goals and expectations were determined from higher levels who were not aware of the activities at the local level. Compensation and benefits were good however.
Poor management
Material Supply Handler / Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILNovember 30, 2017
Management lacked interpersonal communicating skills. Cut corners often and did not show appreciation to the employees. Advancement wasn't based on experience or knowledge but solely on whether management liked you.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Everything else
I really enjoyed working there
Quality Tech., Calibration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 29, 2017
I would work there again. My day was busy which was enjoyable.
Management lacked knowledge of what was going to happen day to day.The culture was fair and manageable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management not always sure what is going on
relxed
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 29, 2017
Typical day would include 8 to 10 hour shifts, very moderate work environment and repetitive work. Ability to learn a lot of new things if you work hard.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Clean room
Great Company with great pay and challenge
Territory Business Manager Columbus (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2017
Baxter was a great opportunity to learn and achieve very satisfying career goals. The management was the best I had experienced in the industry. The compensation package and expectation for employees was second to none.
It was a shame they dissolved the anesthesia division.
Pros
Work experience, goal achievement, compensation
Cons
layoff of anesthesia division
Productive, fun company to work for
Software Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 29, 2017
The company had excellent pay and benefits and provided career advancement opportunities. The culture was a balanced culture where everyone was treated fairly.
Pros
Many activities and opportunities in and out of the office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.