Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Lean job staff, great people, struggling through larger company aquisition
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2015
This site is going through the worst of their big company acquisition growing pains. The smaller company of Synovis was acquired by Baxter 3.5 years ago, and since Baxter itself has split into 2 separate companies. That has caused a lot of commotion the site is struggling to overcome. Management seems to be very reactionary instead of preventative, which is frustrating.
The most rewarding part of my job is working with my colleagues whom I enjoy and interact with on a daily basis. The culture and work/life balance is very good and I have great personal relationships with everyone.
Pros
Flexible hours, intriguing products, great colleagues, good benefits package
Cons
Lean staffing, inexperienced management, prioritization conflicts
Complaint Handling
Global Product Surveillance Quality Associate I (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 8, 2015
Take an assignment daily of complaints of Baxter products. Determine portability to the FDA and complete necessary tasks/investigation for closure of complaint. I loved working for this company but after its split into two companies, job security is now an issue.
Pros
Was a great company to work for
Cons
No more job security, overtime is no longer an option as resources are tight
Working for Baxter.
Assambler (Former Employee) –  PROctober 5, 2015
Baxter I got to meet and learn about the environment health . Of serum as those used in hospitals. The importance of such work to save lives.
A well known Company with a good management in Healthcare products
Small Cell Assembler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 2, 2015
I've learned how to become a good assembler, small cell assembler, and assistant team lead. Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers were very supportive to Co-workers.
Pros
Free launch every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bonuses every Christmas.
Cons
free shortbreaks
Manufacturing
Manufacturing Associate I/ HireGenics Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 1, 2015
A great place to gain experience. There is a lot of opportunities for someone to get exposure, but that doesn't mean that you will get compensated for it.
Work is good at Baxter but there is no advancement
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Work is good at Baxter but there is no advancement. All the work for most part stays the same. People are great to work for and with.
Challenging and variety
Warehouse Operator I (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRSeptember 24, 2015
A very demanding and interesting job. In my time at baxter I have learned a lot and grow as a professional. My supervisor and my manager make me feel at home at all times. only 350 employees so basically, you get to know everybody. I do a lot of variety work, from inventory duties, material handling, receiving components to prepare and dispatch finished products to port. That's what I love about my job, the variety and challenging of it. All my co workers are nice and help me a lot.
Pros
Certifications and continued education
Cons
Only thing i can think of is distance from my family and home
Fantastic place to work!
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Loved this job! Got such a good feeling from this job because I knew I was helping people; after all, I was shipping medical supplies. I hated losing this job (due to down-sizing). I always felt good going to work there!
I've learned some new experiences
Assembler (Current Employee) –  irvine CASeptember 14, 2015
When I/m working at Baxter, I've learned some new experiences in medical field. Although it doesn't have any relationship to my current major in school, I still want to learn something new to explore my skills. My co-workers are really friendly and helpful. I'm very enjoyable when I'm working over there.
Great entry level job for recent graduates
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCSeptember 12, 2015
This company will give you the opportunity to harp your skills and put your knowledge of science and lab practices to work
Pros
Advancement
Cons
culture needs a little work
Tedious but fun. The work is easy, yet hard, and the people are great.
fill line (Former Employee) –  North Cove, NCSeptember 5, 2015
I learned pretty quickly how to keep up and no one got frustrated if you had to ask questions more than once. You learned to orient half liter IV bags, put them in their over wrap and in the carousel, so they could be sealed at a pace of about 25-30 bags a minute. We learned to inspect the bags quickly for folds, mis print, or being sealed incorrectly. We also learned to work other lines with different rules and bigger/smaller bags. We got to see different ways to run a business that all worked.
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 2, 2015
Strong company. Long term plan for this location hasn't been communicated well. The workforce has dropped creating extra stress on other to pick up the slack.
Must be fast with hands..
Filling operator dry side (Current Employee) –  North cove, ncAugust 31, 2015
Working on the sodium chloride line is very fast paced.. bags come down in rows of five on each side with merely a few inches from the next five bags.. must be quick to grab every other one or you will get behind.. breaks are decent.. however management is very poor.. rarely can you find supervisor or get help with any issue that presses at the moment.. must be patient and calm.. it's easy to get frustrated/stressed.. pay is good so are benefits.. if you do not like to work hard this is not the job for you..
Pros
Two paid breaks.
Cons
Poor management, somewhat rude/ill/hate being there coworkers
Good place to go
Senior SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 30, 2015
Creating and maintaining and testing Sql script as well as stored procedure is fun and full of challenge!
Happy to work with my colleague!
Great place to work and learn
Sr. Director Corporate and R&D PMO (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 25, 2015
Very strong culture of patient service. Mission is Saving and Sustaining lives. Every employee believes in this and works everyday to foster it
the best job i've had so far
Service line assembler (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYAugust 23, 2015
Baxter was an amazing place to work at, the people were enjoyable to work with, the atmosphere was good, it was a nice climate, management was a joke, I loved getting up and going there, I loved working with my hands.
Pros
good co workers, enjoyable job
Cons
management had no clue how to run a company.
Very conservative but with smart people
Group Manager (Associate Director) (Current Employee) –  DeerfieldAugust 21, 2015
I have worked at Baxter for about 5 years and had a great experience so far. They have offered me a great career growth and I have been surrounded by smart people. It is a conservative culture though, so you are fairly limited in terms of innovations and thinking things differently. You will find a few people in top management interested on minds that think differently but not everybody.
Pros
Good benefits, smart people
Cons
Too conservative
Challenging Environment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Cristobal, Dominican RepublicAugust 19, 2015
The challenging environment makes you improve each day. The high management is outstanding, however need to pay more attention to med management
People oriented
Finishing Operator and packaging operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 17, 2015
I retired from Consulting and was looking for something
different to pass the time and Baxter gave me an opportunity

The only reason I am looking is because it is getting too
routine and boring.
Pros
good people
Cons
limited work opportunities
Good place to learn
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  PRAugust 13, 2015
Good place to learn. I started as chemistry practician, then went back to school. then i started working in less than a year as Quality Technician