Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

high paced competitive sometimes cut throat
Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 6, 2017
i went from a slow paced invironment to baxters high paced cut throat competitive great place for advancement a college degree is helpful here and any veteran status would thrive easily i was taught there is no place for discrimination of age gender religion race or orientation in the work place you spend more time with those people at work than with your own family and it is vital that everyone succeed
Pros
great place to advance
Cons
unreliability
Stressful enviroment
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 6, 2017
High demand for output. Discipline was harsh and no room for error. Management does not take into consideration the open accountability of issues that could affect the company financially.
Employed Long ago
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 5, 2017
Started entry level many years ago. Company is much larger and diversified now, and is likely a very different work environment. Nothing more to contribute here.
geat place
Logistic Material handler (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 3, 2017
fun working here, enjoyed the workers, paid holidays, vacation. liked the 401k dental plans. bonus is a plus always. relaxed easy going job. good supervisors.
Fun Place
Production Asst (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 3, 2017
Temporary Job through a Temp service, Not Enough work on a Weekly basis, Often sent home, because of Lack of work, Then Later on The whole staff was let Go.
Pros
No Steady Employment
Cons
Need Steady Employement
Work Life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 2, 2017
There is little work life balance in the job. If you are Ok with 50-60 hour weeks with no end in site then this is the place to work. The work conditions are great but the senior leadership team wants everyone to work as short handed as possible and keep production running. The burn out rate is high and the give a darn has run out with a lot of the employees.
Stressful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Stressful place to work. I was not happy with my manager. He did not work well with me or others. This was an issue as time went on and we did not get along.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
stressful
Mediocre
Flow Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Medina, NYSeptember 27, 2017
they usually don't care about the employee themselves mainly just sales and production aspect. had a temp agency and everything is running terrible. If you can handle constantly getting moved to a different area than this is for you.
productive and well organized work
Machine and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 27, 2017
A great place to work the most enjoyable part of the job is to health save lives everyday. Its make me proud of my job.Having a passion for something makes it easier to do my job and do it right the first time.
fun to work but sometimes stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 26, 2017
this is a place for for hardworking people like me that every worker has to meet their target at the end of every shift.Working in this company is sometimes stressful but the salary is acceptable for every associate in this company.
Pros
profit sharing every three months
Cons
too much pressure to reach your everyday target
Good company in the middle of nowhere
Principle Engineer / Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 26, 2017
If you don't mind driving 2 plus hours to watch a move or go shopping somewhere besides Walmart, this is a good place for you. On the job responsibilities are average but expect to work 6-7 days a week.
Pros
Good workforce
Cons
Working weekends
Good experience
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 25, 2017
Baxter was a very good place to work because of the projects involved. A typical day included getting documentation through the system for the manufacturing engineering departments for approval and signatures of all required departments, such as regulatory and quality.
Solid Company trying to get with the times
Sales Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
They are a very old-school company that has recently started making big changes over the past couple years. They made a lot of changes at the executive level and are trying to update the culture of the organization, as well as become more efficient in how they do business. A few hold overs slow this down, but that's standard office politics for you.

Great benefits. My manager has been great, but I know of others that I am glad I don't work with. They are good about working with you and moving you around within the organization if there is something else you want to try.
Benefits
Cons
Poor inter department communication
Great benefits if you can be hired
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Medina, NYSeptember 24, 2017
I worked through a temp agency and I haven't been hired on yet. So far the work is interesting and the pay is great. The hours are hard for a working mother and they change suddenly sometimes. But all in all I love working for Baxter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Only hire through temp agencies
Great place to work.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work, fast paced testing. Great group of people to work with. The people working there were very helpfully with both the testing and daily issues.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 20, 2017
This a great place to work. Benefits and pay are competitive. The only down side is the amount of hours one must work. I worked my way up in this company and do not have many bad things to say. The only drawback is the working 7 days a week often times.
Traveling position
Field Service Biomedical Technician 11 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Travel state to state repairing and doing upgrades on the Baxters colleague infusion pumps. This was a two-year contract position. Great management and team players. Get up on Sunday travel to the state we were doing our upgrades and repairs. Traveling back home on Friday. We all work hard together and travel together as teams. Wish this job but it never ended.
Pros
customer service
Cons
Contract ending
Quick paced, productive atmosphere
Lead Oper (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Working for Baxter was a good experience. I was treated fairly by management, and was given great benefits. I also learned a lot about the FDA, and how critical care drugs are made and sold. The quality control portion of the job was interesting and diverse. You are also given quite a bit of paid training in order to perform the job.
N/a
Computer Aided Drafter Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Management not organized, miscommunication. A few years Management told all employees that Baxter Healthcare does not Lay off employees, management said we are a customer team the promise was not true.
The people who were working there were welcoming
Quality Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with my group, We all worked together efficiently to build good products and in a timely manner to get it sent out on time. Everyone was very cooperative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.