Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience!
Implementation of an Alarm Management Plan (Former Employee) –  Peñuelas, PRFebruary 23, 2016
Excellent place to develop analytical thinking and to think about professional ethic. It is a challenge everyday due to site conditions. Great experience!
good place
packing (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCJuly 10, 2016
good people to work with was just too far to drive for me. pays ok. no vacation time given. the job was boring and not challenging.
Not as family as you think
Senior Manager, IT Global Solutions Delivery (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 17, 2015
Overall, Baxter is a decent place to work, really depends on the area you are in. It seems they've lost the focus on coaching and developing their resources and are willing to outsource any work based on cost alone.
Great culture, people and work/life balance
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Positive team-oriented atmosphere. Individuals I've worked with across all departments are a pleasure to work with. Flexible schedule, can work from different locations including remotely and really enjoying "dress for your day". Even though we dress up when we have important meetings, myself and many of my team members wear jeans to work frequently. nice perk!

I'm continually stretched in my knowledge and capabilities, but I like that, because I learn something new every day and grow as I learn from team members etc.. My managers communicate their expectations well, but let you do your work without micromanaging and are easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job is probably not having the best infrastructure to support teamwork on common projects, but that is always getting better as the company has a high interest in keeping technology up-to-date, efficient and productive.

I love what I do and the people I work with!
Pros
Perks I mentioned in my review
Cons
In my area of work, there aren't alot of opportunities for promotion.
Excellent
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 29, 2016
My opinion of Baxter, the 8 long years that I had been there, it was difficult to depart. Enjoyed the different rolls I played in the warehouse
Pros
excellent
Cons
Competitive work environment requiring expediency, efficiency and initiative
Director, Quality (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 12, 2015
Wrestling with legacy infrastructure (like many companies), innovating new technologies and ways of serving the patient population. All products are genuine life saving or life saving drugs and devices. The level of expertise and experience is generally thin and narrow.
Pros
Healthcare, gym, opportunity to grow
Cons
Often constrained by company business plan
Productive work environment, friendly coworkers
Quality Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 9, 2015
A typical day at work includes an 8 AM meeting to go over our metrics from the day before, any safety and GMP issues from the day before and any tasks that must be completed during the day. From there employees would work on any items that were received and needed to be inspected throughout the day. Coworkers were very outgoing and eager to help with any and all problems.

The work environment is extremely productive with a sort of push to make sure you finished all of your work on time and release material to manufacturing as needed.
productive and positive environment
PCT - Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2016
great staff and management . all employees/ staff were like family and were all supportive and helpful on a daily basis .
Pros
pot lucks / fun meetings
Cons
short breaks
Complaint Handling
Global Product Surveillance Quality Associate I (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 8, 2015
Take an assignment daily of complaints of Baxter products. Determine portability to the FDA and complete necessary tasks/investigation for closure of complaint. I loved working for this company but after its split into two companies, job security is now an issue.
Pros
Was a great company to work for
Cons
No more job security, overtime is no longer an option as resources are tight
Payand benefits are not worth it
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 7, 2016
Major changes with the new COO coming in and it is necessary- company is in flux... looking forward to see some major changes and some old timers leaving....

Want to know more about Baxter Healthcare?

Ask a question
Ready to Succeed
Training Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 14, 2016
I am talented and always available to assist those who need help. I am willing to expand my knowledge-base that I have attained throughout the years.
Working with Patient
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 2, 2016
Typical day start of taking calls from patient to place refill order for medication. Working closing with the nurses in the clinic to ensure that patient is receiving correct medication
Lean job staff, great people, struggling through larger company aquisition
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2015
This site is going through the worst of their big company acquisition growing pains. The smaller company of Synovis was acquired by Baxter 3.5 years ago, and since Baxter itself has split into 2 separate companies. That has caused a lot of commotion the site is struggling to overcome. Management seems to be very reactionary instead of preventative, which is frustrating.
The most rewarding part of my job is working with my colleagues whom I enjoy and interact with on a daily basis. The culture and work/life balance is very good and I have great personal relationships with everyone.
Pros
Flexible hours, intriguing products, great colleagues, good benefits package
Cons
Lean staffing, inexperienced management, prioritization conflicts
Awesome!
Operational Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTDecember 30, 2015
Great company and culture to work for! It was actually on top ten forbes 100 list companies to work for! The company just recently split and created a new company called baxalta also a great company to work for!
Challenging and variety
Warehouse Operator I (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRSeptember 24, 2015
A very demanding and interesting job. In my time at baxter I have learned a lot and grow as a professional. My supervisor and my manager make me feel at home at all times. only 350 employees so basically, you get to know everybody. I do a lot of variety work, from inventory duties, material handling, receiving components to prepare and dispatch finished products to port. That's what I love about my job, the variety and challenging of it. All my co workers are nice and help me a lot.
Pros
Certifications and continued education
Cons
Only thing i can think of is distance from my family and home
Fine for first time job.
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 16, 2016
Constant pressure to produce big production numbers. Quality not important.
Poor, unresponsive, management.
Play favorites.
Assembler 1- repair department (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYNovember 13, 2015
I know a lot of people who have advanced in company and are making good money. They love the job, as i had previously worked there for two years, i would come back. I have not had anyone i worked with say anything bad about the company
Pros
gym, staff
Good Work/Life Balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2016
Good company to work with. Excellent peers and co-workers. Very good work and life balance depending on you role. Good place to work both challenging and demanding.
Tedious but fun. The work is easy, yet hard, and the people are great.
fill line (Former Employee) –  North Cove, NCSeptember 5, 2015
I learned pretty quickly how to keep up and no one got frustrated if you had to ask questions more than once. You learned to orient half liter IV bags, put them in their over wrap and in the carousel, so they could be sealed at a pace of about 25-30 bags a minute. We learned to inspect the bags quickly for folds, mis print, or being sealed incorrectly. We also learned to work other lines with different rules and bigger/smaller bags. We got to see different ways to run a business that all worked.
A well known Company with a good management in Healthcare products
Small Cell Assembler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 2, 2015
I've learned how to become a good assembler, small cell assembler, and assistant team lead. Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers were very supportive to Co-workers.
Pros
Free launch every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bonuses every Christmas.
Cons
free shortbreaks