Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employer Reviews

Low wages, bad training, depressing atmosphere
Senior PCT - Advanced (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits are good and the stock is doing well
Cons: don't expect to be appreciated or rewarded. do expect to be criticized
Training program needs improvement. Trainers lord their status over new hires and refuse to give out information unless the new person grovels. If you complain, the managers will say that it's your fault for not showing enough initiative. Training supervisors get paid a lot of money to do nothing at all.

Managers are ineffective and highly critical. – more... Very little appreciation is given, even to top performing workers. This is a culture of negativity and punishment.

Low morale is a constant problem.

Some BioLifes will make you take your lunch within an hour of punching in and will not give you even a 5 min bathroom break for the rest of the day. If you complain, you could be fired. – less
Fun place to work. People are vary competitive but friendly
Purchasing Manager Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: friendly people vary innovative
Cons: distance to work
Lots of meetings and involvement in key projects. Learned to work in a fast past environment and felt very appreciated.
Very friendly place to work. Family friendly, open door policy.
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Typical day would consists of: Calendar management, meeting planning. Interacting with Quality Senior Management Team along with Manufacturing Senior Management Teams.

What I loved the most is the "Open Door Policy" with Senior Management Teams both Manufacturing and Quality.

What I've learned that where I worked was a very fast past environment which – more... I loved. – less
Good expreience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 5, 2014
I had to opportunity to work in a manufacturing plant and have a first-hand experience on detailed engineering tasks
Great place
Electronics Technician/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Several duties, good co-workers and management, and great boss
Very productive
Handler (Current Employee), Marion, NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, employment advancement, good money
Cons: worked 6 days a week every week. mandatory overtime
It was a challengeing fast pace work place but was a overall fun place to work. My co workers and I become great friends and tend to even meet up outside of the work area. We would challenge each other to who could fill the most bags by the end of the night. I got a job award and was awarded a handler job which left me to run the line on most nights. – more... It had its ups and downs but overall great job! – less
Great Environment
Project Leader (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Baxter Healthcare's work environment is one in a million. It is friendly and welcoming, not stuffy and scary.
Decent place to work
Senior Operations Manager(II) (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Every changing workplace with its challenges with healthcare reform and medical devices. A good company to work for....large scale.
good
Freezer Validation (Former Employee), chicago IlJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: respect
Cons: travel
good place to work,Management will work with you and spend time to resolve any issues
Production oriented company
Filling Operator (Current Employee), Marion, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: paid vacations and holidays
Cons: working 6 days and short breaks
When I first started at Baxter it was VERY overwhelming. Going into a high production yielding company can be that way however. the trainers and supervision do give you the time you need to catch up to speed and learn your job very well before they leave you to it by yourself.
Excellent Experience Opportunity
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), NationwideJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: secure company
Cons: work life-balance is extremely challenging
If you are willing to work in an ever-changing environment and able to roll with the changes, this company is one you would probably enjoy working for.
It is a great working place to learn Project Management from proof-of-concept stage to product launches.
Senior Program Manager, PMO (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: understanding stakeholder committments.
Cons: change management process
* Conduct meetings with European stakeholders, action plans, and resource assignment.
* Product development, project management tools and planning, building teams, FTEs accountability, risk management, budget control, and working with CMOs.
* The hardest part of the job was the communication in a highly matrix environment.
* Working with teams towards – more... a common goal of meeting Scope, timelines, cost, quality, and customer satisfaction. – less
Excellent experience
Main office Clerk (Former Employee), GUAYAMA PRJanuary 20, 2014
At Baxter I made my professional practice. It was so good. They helped me out through all the process. They gave me the tools so I can success. I learned so much working here.
REWARDING PLACE TO WORK
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), DEERFIELD ILJanuary 17, 2014
ASSIST PATIENTS PLACING ORDER FOR DIALYSIS SUPPLIES -- SET UP PRESCRIPTIONS --

I TRULY ENJOY SPEAKING WITH PATIENTS
Very productive, fast paced company..
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJanuary 15, 2014
how to deal with customers
how to work with large group of people
Safe place to work
Free Trade Zone Coordinator (Current Employee), PRJanuary 14, 2014
Safe place to work. Chances for promotion mainly driven by personal taste or family related position of supervisors
Productive days. Always embarking on new technology and process enhancements.
Quality Associate II - Supervisor (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work is based on communicating with direct reports on daily activities, attending meetings for process improvements and project implementation, and working against timelines to ensure target goals are met effectively. We are also a very 6S focused company that strives to constantly elimnate waste and improve our processes.

The hardest – more... part of the job is the amount of multitaksing that is required. We have numerous projects so number one always changes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment for the projects implemented and the successes from them. – less
Plenty of Opportunities for personal development, but resistance from management
Engineer I (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: typical benefits, lots of development opportunities, good work life
Cons: lack of managment support, lots of employee turnover
Baxter Corporate talks about how employees are allowed to own their development. When I've tried to talk with my manager about opportunities I think can help me develop into the engineer I want to be, they get shot down without any attempt at a counter proposal to help me get to the same point. I enjoy the people I work with and the see a lot of manufacturing – more... processes I can learn through work experiences, but there are more things I want to do to improve them that those opportunites are not supported. Being only exposed to one plant within Baxter may not reflect the managment style of Baxter as a whole. – less
Great work environment
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, manageable deadlines, great benefits
Cons: lack of accountability in some employees
Lots of work done on a daily basis. Team working environment that allows plenty of opportunities to learn and advance within the company.
Medical/Pharmaceutical Corporation
Senior Administrative Assistant to VP of Quality (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILJanuary 9, 2014
I worked for Baxter Healthcare for many years. I left the organization due to relocation.

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos