Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Nice Environment
Lead DW/ETL Consultant/Architect (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Baxter Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, Kidney diseases, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions.
The new solution delivered through Project ERP BI is enterprise system, serving the finance, Reference & supply Chain planning and forecasting processes across all Baxter divisions and geographies
Great people but can be a bit stodgy
Technical Services Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILNovember 15, 2016
Great people who really care about what they are doing. Management seems a bit rudderless at times and will take too long to kill a project. New CEO appears to be changing that.
Doesn't care about employees
Production Operator III (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 24, 2017
high turnovers, bad management sums up the atmosphere at Baxter. HR and management needs a complete overall to boost morale in the company.
High quality company
Fill Line Operator / Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  North Cove, NCApril 9, 2016
Working for Baxter meant producing a very high quality product for the medical industry. I have learned that with teamwork anything is possible. Management was extremely approachable. My co-workers were like family. The most difficult part of the job was the long hours away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of a job well done, and knowing that the product made would help to save lives.
Pros
Product manufactured was used to save lives, coworkers and management were like family, and diverse duties/positions.
Cons
Time spent away from home.
Low Job Security/Advancement Opportunities - Great People
Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILAugust 22, 2016
Advancement is almost impossible and morale is extremely low. The people and direct management make the job enjoyable.
Do not recommend-- Steer clear!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Leadership does not value workers, but more socialites

Director acquired a large portion of my group, has never shown up to a staff meeting, cannot acknowledge the team because Director has never taken time to meet the team, and values employees who can put together power points and survey monkeys.
Based on Saving Lives
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Jayuya, PR 00664October 20, 2016
Providing healthcare products, long working hours, great responsibility pressure. Excellent coworkers. Sometimes, very insensible management. Satisfaction on helping people with health problems.
Must be fast with hands..
Filling operator dry side (Current Employee) –  North cove, ncAugust 31, 2015
Working on the sodium chloride line is very fast paced.. bags come down in rows of five on each side with merely a few inches from the next five bags.. must be quick to grab every other one or you will get behind.. breaks are decent.. however management is very poor.. rarely can you find supervisor or get help with any issue that presses at the moment.. must be patient and calm.. it's easy to get frustrated/stressed.. pay is good so are benefits.. if you do not like to work hard this is not the job for you..
Pros
Two paid breaks.
Cons
Poor management, somewhat rude/ill/hate being there coworkers
Good company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Fantastic work force with a dynamic vision.

Changing since Baxter took over Synvovis...

Opportunity for growth for people with vision for the future.
productive and good to employees
Wetside Filler/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Baxters is a good place to work its manufacturing so its repetitive but all in all pretty steady and well maintained. There are some issues in moving up in the plant there are so many people fighting for the same position unless you have some years under your belt its hard to progress.But once a position you like has be obtained its not a bad work environment.
Pros
Lunchroom. breaks, pay
Cons
repetitive and trouble moving up
long term
Autoclave operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCJanuary 27, 2017
I worked there 36 years. Good long term employment.
you will earn your money on production. They have lots of automation and maintenance and engineering jobs.
not fun place to work
production (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 14, 2016
Nice co-wokers that is good but we are being working mandatorry weekends sins summer, no Bonos never that docent exist. no way to grow if you start in production may be with luck in 15 or 20 years youe could get a chance to move.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Mandatory
Great enviroment and excellent people.
Receiving Operator (Current Employee) –  Aibonito, PRAugust 14, 2016
Great enviroment and excellent people to work with. As a receiving operator we have a relationship with our suppliers ( mro and raw materal), once we have received the material we check that is in good condition and we proceed to enter that particular stock with the quantity in POMS system. Then we take a sample to the incoming area in order to have the disposition of the stock. You enjoy being part of a company of medical device that saves the lives of miilions of people. As a result every day is a good day to save lives!!!!
Productive and Educational
Medication Delivery, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSFebruary 15, 2017
A day at Baxters is a day of schooling and knowledge. Working for this company has always been a warm pleasure. Learning the ropes was easy because we all worked as a team to help each other learn.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short breaks
Lack of Leadership
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 15, 2017
This is a manufacturing company. The innovation and R&D function has been effectively dismantled. New products are tweaks to existing products. This is a great company for spinoffs and divestitures.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lack of leadership focus
Great career development
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 18, 2016
Baxter is the best company I have worked for as far as developing their employees inside of the employees career goals.
Every manager I had was focused on business development as well as employee development.
I believe the time I spent at Baxter has greatly benefited me and my resume.
Great work environment great people to work with
Manufacturing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Loved every minute of it would have still been there had it not been for process reductions. The manufacturing area is always looking for improvement and the managers support you very well.
Treated like a mule
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801January 28, 2017
Your just a pawn there. Ivory Tower syndrome. Work 60 -75 hours a week and it isn't enough. What more needs to be said. They talk a good talk but don't live it.
Pros
Such potential
Cons
Squandered potential - its all about pleasing the shareholders
Great internship and place to work
Employee and Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 12, 2017
Great experience in the healthcare field, get to meet new people and network. I enjoyed how you get paired with people related to what you want to major in, in college so you can see a specific aspect of the company.
Very conservative but with smart people
Group Manager (Associate Director) (Current Employee) –  DeerfieldAugust 21, 2015
I have worked at Baxter for about 5 years and had a great experience so far. They have offered me a great career growth and I have been surrounded by smart people. It is a conservative culture though, so you are fairly limited in terms of innovations and thinking things differently. You will find a few people in top management interested on minds that think differently but not everybody.
Pros
Good benefits, smart people
Cons
Too conservative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.