Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

An overall excellent experience
Quality Audit Technician (Former Employee), PRFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: plenty of support, fast-paced process, never a dull moment.
Cons: weekend shifts, slight lack of personnel.
A typical day on site consisted of performing audits across various areas of each of the five lines of production of medication delivery devices and packaging lines. This was my first experience with the process from start to finish of medication delivery. The learning experience was invaluable as it allowed me to see other aspects of the pharmaceutical industry and how manufacturing techniques differ from site to site and also how the process is indeed similar. Management was effective at coordinating the process and placing the employees exactly where they would be most effective, with the overriding concept being equal exposure to all aspects of the process. My co-workers were very helpful in showing me the ropes of this new process and the experience gained during my time here will help me face new and exciting opportunities. The most difficult part of the job was the schedule of production and handling non-conformance events as they would occur, but of course there was plenty of support to handle all the details when needed. The best part of this job was the dynamic nature of the manufacturing process and being on my feet most of the day. Auditing the process was extremely enjoyable and rewarding at the same time.
Professional environment , great pay and benefits
Sr. Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Round Lake Il, 60073February 10, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Busy healthcare manufacturing and research facility.
Professional environment with a flexible work life balance.
Inclusive and diverse culture of friendly coworkers
Good place to gain experience.
Chemist II (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Chemists who perform well are put on a path to grow up the corporate ladder. You work hard, for long hours. Most coworkers are very easy to get along with. Management staff can seem very selfish at times, but if your ideas are good they will help a little bit. Hardest part of the job is trying to make improvements while carrying a heavy work load.
If you hesitate a lot and are not confident, you will not enjoy your experience.
Contractor-Engineer
R and D Material Science Engineer (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: helpful employees, relaxed environment
Cons: contractor company/pay
I am a contractor to Baxter Healthcare. The compensation gets one star because the contract company way low balled the job, even my boss and baxter employees were shocked at how low my salary was. Job Advancement would have been a breeze if my degree was in engineering. If you have a degree other than engineering you will not likely get a job. Work load is fair. Lots of helpful employees. Everyone makes you feel welcome. Love the atmosphere. Would definitely recommend working here, but if you are contractor do your research.
Chem lab supervisor
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), PRFebruary 3, 2015
Supervise analysts in the lab for raw materials and final products. Owner of Stability Program and metrics in the lab. I work with the analysts in second and third shift.
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee), USJanuary 29, 2015
Good place to learn and advance. Good team environment. Was able to learn many valuable traits that will make a better leader.
Baxter Healthcare
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: hours
Baxter Healthcare is a great place to work. The benefits are awesome along with the people you work with. It is difficult to work an off shift job though when you have a family at home and are working on your education also. I get paid exceptionally well and really enjoy my work, but I would trade it to be able to work a 1st shift job and be home with my family every night.
Great company to work for.
sales support (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 20, 2015
Challenging work environment. Great products. Strong management.
One of the best training programs I have been through.
Great company to work for.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Marion, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Baxter is the industry leader in intravenous manufacturing.
Best company worked for till today
Sterility Assurance and Chemistry Lab. Analyst (Former Employee), Santo DomingoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great company to work with and excellent compensation plan
Very easy going company a typical day as a technician was as follow :
1-Run all programmed test at chemistry Laboratory
2-Run all programmed sterilization test at sterility Laboratory
3-Review all sterilization information of all the lots sterilized during night shift and coordinate with other members of product release system which lots were priority.
4-Coordination and realization of dose mapping or audit if needed or required
5-Training

People at all levels were extremely professional and nice to work with, quality system implemented was easy to follow and approvals were so fast. Great team to be part of.

I learned to be a professional in that company.
productive
Case Assembler (Current Employee), Medina, NYJanuary 11, 2015
love the co works and the easy work just want to be able to move up in the work place and make more money
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Baxter, IADecember 17, 2014
This was a great place to work, they just needed management that knew how to do there jobs and there would be no problems..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Production environment
Medical Supervisor (Current Employee), Ames, IADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great environment, fun coworkers
Cons: understaffed at times
A typical day is pre-screening donors for the eligibility of donating plasma to make life saving therapeutic medications. It can be high stress, but a different stress, as it is not life or death. You gain rapport with donors and it's rewarding to see people saving lives. Management is great, very helpful and easy to approach with any concerns or questions. Coworkers are amazing, although the turnover can be high at times. It's by far the best place I've ever been employed.
Filler operator (Former Employee), North Cove, NCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free breaks
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work was filling Iv bags constantly and at a steady pace, supervisors were awesome to work with and ever helped with work, just working all the time 6 days per week.
very good job environment and career develoment company
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILDecember 5, 2014
Very good job environment, lot's of learning and growing good career in this company,
Traffic Coordinator for Home Patient Renal Care
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Dixon, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: offered free healthcare
Cons: company moved fro san leandro to dixon...
I was responsible for getting our Baxter Healthcare delivery drivers their daily routes and keeping in constant communication with drivers through out their day, calling each patient on the day before informing them of their delivery window, communicating with patient nurses for any issues or changes, taking inventory of any product or equipment that is returned by the driver, turning in payroll, handling a minimal amount of HR as we were an off site office.
I worked without immediate supervision for 3-4 years. Communicating with my manager in Portland, Oregon via phone, fax or email.
The hardest part of the job was whatever you were working on had to be finished by the end of the day because it was the drivers and the patients that depended on you completing the calls and routes for the next day. So many times there would be a problem during the day product problem, delivery problem, truck problem, weather and just had to move a little faster work a little harder...but I enjoyed helping people in need...and being there for our awesome drivers
Very clean and climent controlled
Group Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 3, 2014
Pros: holidays and vacation time
Cons: overtime all the time
I would find out what line I was running, then I would talk to the groupleader from the shift before to see if there were problems on the line or anything had changed from the last time we had ran the product. I learned everything was subject to change and to deal with it. I had to deal with several personalities at once and keep them happy and working. The hardest part of the job was learning the new changes with very little training. I enjoyed working with the operators and running the line.
work
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ArkDecember 3, 2014
its a fast pace environment moving medical supplies/proucts

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Salaries