Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Leading Manufacturer
Material Handler/Record Keeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSMarch 8, 2015
Typical day inventory control, ordering part, forklift training, mold approvals, and warehouse worker. learning AS/400 system daily, tracking Kronos time and attendance, and shipping and receiving. the hardest part was staying longer hours each day. The most enjoyable was working in the different departments and learning the different jobs.
Great place to work. Friendly Management
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free health check, blood donation drive
Cons: more contractors and few employees
Baxter was a great place to work. Their office building is great with lot of parking and greenery. Management is easy going with accountability as a key. Staff is cooperative and fosters learning environment. Hardest part was commute to north. The most enjoyable part is no micro management.
Longevity due to great people
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Vernon Hills/DeerfieldFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: unfair termination of many good individuals due to corporate downsizing.
Fast pace high volume environment. Ability to work from home truly support a culture dedicated to work life balance. Must part co-workers became friends for life. Hardest part of the job dealing with unnecessary matters caused by individuals who are suppose to protect the work place from those issues. Enjoyed going in and making a difference with team members that supported each other, respected, cared and celebrated each others personal/professional growth. Truly friends for life.
It is an excellent environment to work
Associate Director, Cognizant (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILFebruary 24, 2015
A land of opportunity with parallel M&A and Separation activities. One of the division will end up innovating solutions and another will expand its portfolio. Overall a good place to work
Production Environment
Department Coordinator/Administrator (Current Employee), Medina, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: Great gym
Cons: Loud
Baxter is a fast paced production department of an infusion pump. Line workers are trained extensively for their position.
Productive work environment
Research Associate I (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Gain a lot of experience during my time at Baxter. Allows development if you're willing to take on greater roles and responsibilities.
Cognos Seniour Developer and Admin
Cognos Platform Admin (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
✓ Closely work with customer to gather requirement and analyze the source system for required tables/fields.
✓ Convert the requirement to specification documents and coordinate the work between team and customer.
✓ Managing scrum calls between team and customer to provide status on work deliverables.
✓ Design durable framework business model by keeping future business changes in mind to avoid respective report changes.
✓ Apply Cognos package/object/data level security in framework manger to make application more secure.
✓ Creating stand alone and embedded framework manager filter for easy reporting purpose.
✓ Implementing best practices during framework model and tuning Performance of framework model.
✓ Creating multidimensional powerplay cubes by using powerplay transformer.
✓ Creating alternate hierarchies in dimensions to bypass levels.
✓ Implementing security by creating cube views and associating those views with LDAP/Active directory security groups.
✓ Creating Cognos reports with Analysis studio/report studio/Query studio/event studio/metric studio based on business need.
✓ Dash board design by using Cognos workspace/work space advanced and active reports.
✓ Creating discontinues crosstabs in report studio with cell level drill through to detail report studio reports.
✓ Creating package level drillthroughs to navigate from Analysis studio reports to report studio reports.
✓ Implementing advanced Cognos report techniques like rendering, conditional blocks, book mark, page breaks and conditional styles.
✓ Install And Configure Cognos servers on distributed environment. – more...
✓ Install and Configure CAFÉ and MS Go office on user machines.
✓ Defining Security matrix on cognos environment.
✓ Creating Cognos roles and security groups.
✓ Fixing Cognos environment performance issues and making environment is up and running.
✓ Creating IBM tickets for critical environment issues and tool bugs, fixing them by coordinating with IBM.
✓ Install and configure Access manager/LDAP
✓ Applying patch up gradation on cognos window servers.
✓ Applying fix packs and upgrading service packs.
✓ Weekly restart on cognos services and resolving issues if occurs.
✓ Routing Compatible and dynamic cube packages to respective servers.
✓ Assisting Application development teams on bottle neck issues.
✓ Fixing Cognos application development issues.
✓ Creating datasources across Cognos environments.
✓ Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
✓ Working with Tableau dashboards deployed on Web server
✓ Ability to support multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including server security troubleshooting and general system maintenance – less
Good working coditions
Senior Technician (Former Employee), PRFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: safe working conditions
Cons: n/a
Verify and excute the preventive maintenance peding . Bring support to the machines that have critical damage or failures to continue the normal operation.I learn sol 6 "S.Team work all the time to complete the pending tasks.Keep the machines running during my shift is my challenge to be the number one in the production of medical components.
Excellent Work Place
Quality Associate I (Former Employee), PRFebruary 12, 2015
Excellent Work Place in the center of Puerto Rico Island. Located on a quiet town with very happy people. Good dinning place and very central location on the town.
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my time here and learned a lot. I loved being able to work from home during the week. My team was supportive and helpful as well.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), PRFebruary 11, 2015
* Machines used to make different types of anesthesia. * Troubleshooting Jobs in High Voltage and Low Voltage * Machine used for filling and torque test. * Working in Blueprints and Machine Shop
An overall excellent experience
Quality Audit Technician (Former Employee), PRFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: plenty of support, fast-paced process, never a dull moment.
Cons: weekend shifts, slight lack of personnel.
A typical day on site consisted of performing audits across various areas of each of the five lines of production of medication delivery devices and packaging lines. This was my first experience with the process from start to finish of medication delivery. The learning experience was invaluable as it allowed me to see other aspects of the pharmaceutical industry and how manufacturing techniques differ from site to site and also how the process is indeed similar. Management was effective at coordinating the process and placing the employees exactly where they would be most effective, with the overriding concept being equal exposure to all aspects of the process. My co-workers were very helpful in showing me the ropes of this new process and the experience gained during my time here will help me face new and exciting opportunities. The most difficult part of the job was the schedule of production and handling non-conformance events as they would occur, but of course there was plenty of support to handle all the details when needed. The best part of this job was the dynamic nature of the manufacturing process and being on my feet most of the day. Auditing the process was extremely enjoyable and rewarding at the same time.
Professional environment , great pay and benefits
Sr. Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Round Lake Il, 60073February 10, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Busy healthcare manufacturing and research facility.
Professional environment with a flexible work life balance.
Inclusive and diverse culture of friendly coworkers
Good place to gain experience.
Chemist II (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Chemists who perform well are put on a path to grow up the corporate ladder. You work hard, for long hours. Most coworkers are very easy to get along with. Management staff can seem very selfish at times, but if your ideas are good they will help a little bit. Hardest part of the job is trying to make improvements while carrying a heavy work load.
If you hesitate a lot and are not confident, you will not enjoy your experience.
Contractor-Engineer
R and D Material Science Engineer (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: helpful employees, relaxed environment
Cons: contractor company/pay
I am a contractor to Baxter Healthcare. The compensation gets one star because the contract company way low balled the job, even my boss and baxter employees were shocked at how low my salary was. Job Advancement would have been a breeze if my degree was in engineering. If you have a degree other than engineering you will not likely get a job. Work load is fair. Lots of helpful employees. Everyone makes you feel welcome. Love the atmosphere. Would definitely recommend working here, but if you are contractor do your research.
Chem lab supervisor
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), PRFebruary 3, 2015
Supervise analysts in the lab for raw materials and final products. Owner of Stability Program and metrics in the lab. I work with the analysts in second and third shift.
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee), USJanuary 29, 2015
Good place to learn and advance. Good team environment. Was able to learn many valuable traits that will make a better leader.
Baxter Healthcare
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: hours
Baxter Healthcare is a great place to work. The benefits are awesome along with the people you work with. It is difficult to work an off shift job though when you have a family at home and are working on your education also. I get paid exceptionally well and really enjoy my work, but I would trade it to be able to work a 1st shift job and be home with my family every night.
Great company to work for.
sales support (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 20, 2015
Challenging work environment. Great products. Strong management.
One of the best training programs I have been through.
Great company to work for.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Marion, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Baxter is the industry leader in intravenous manufacturing.
Links