Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Big company they are all over the world.
Traffic Specialist Midwest Territory (Former Employee) –  McGaw Park, ILDecember 13, 2012
• Strategically routed 21 fleet vans for five warehouses to approximately 2,500 dialysis patients
• Reduced annual freight budget by $200,000 by limiting use of 3rd party freight vendors.
• Reduced Midwest overtime budget by 5% by organizing more efficient routing.
• Ensured the necessary equipment was on time, and in proper location.
• Provided detailed and accurate weekly reports containing number of orders shipped, weight and method of shipment and number of deliveries made by fleet.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
laid off
Fun work place that allows you to grow within the company
Global Customer Listening System PSQA I (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJuly 28, 2013
In my last role in the company I was able to have direct contact with customer which allowed me to understand patient's care on a personal level. The actual work environment was great because you develop relationships with your co workers who are usually within the same age range making it fun to come to work daily. The toughest challenge I've encountered was being able to keep up with incoming complaints as well as keeping up a work flow that might reach 200+ complaints.
Pros
great sallary
Cons
mild stress
Productive workplace dealing with health products
Assembler/Assistant Supervisor Backup (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 7, 2013
The hardest part of the job was the lack of job security because this company utilized firms like kelly services to reclute people to work, and therefore there are no benefits. The work shifts are very random, I really learned a lot because it was my first experience since graduating from university. The other thing I did not like was that a really tired to applied to jobs within the company that requires the field of studies that I completed for a degree
Pros
free lunch for your birthday
Cons
short breaks
coworkers and managers
assembler (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYNovember 11, 2015
the pay is really good for the work that you do. I was trained well and started working after training under a week. but had to wait several weeks to be trained. it seemed to me as work progress that they just hired anyone off the streets. the turn over rate is not that impressive. I did however have a nice group of people to work with and it made the work day fly. the management system however is a mess. the communication between shifts is not there. so the animosity between the shifts was out of hand not at fault of the assemblers.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
managment
Fun coworkers and unique environment
Contracted Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILApril 12, 2012
I worked in a manufacturing facility, so it was a very cool experience getting to see what the company was producing. I was also stationed in the Data Center where everyone would come with their computer issues, so as a break from coding I got to help out on all kinds of problems. I also assisted in side VBA projects where I had some down time. I would say my coworkers their were the most enjoyable part, everyone was pleasant and helpful.
Pros
close to home, good people, great experience
Cons
just a contract job and not full time
Very clean and climent controlled
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 3, 2014
I would find out what line I was running, then I would talk to the groupleader from the shift before to see if there were problems on the line or anything had changed from the last time we had ran the product. I learned everything was subject to change and to deal with it. I had to deal with several personalities at once and keep them happy and working. The hardest part of the job was learning the new changes with very little training. I enjoyed working with the operators and running the line.
Pros
holidays and vacation time
Cons
overtime all the time
Great benefits, fun/fast pace work environment, great training program, and advancement opportunites make this a great co. to work for.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MoMarch 3, 2014
Typically a fast paced work environment. Standard operating procedures outline the majority of the day to day tasks. Management is very involved in the normal functions of the workplace. They are also very approachable, not intimidating Very fun and friendly staff makes the day go by quickly. The most gratifying part of my day is that I know my hard work is going to help the recipients of the plasma products we collect.
Productive workplace, very detail oriented management. Great place to start your career.
QA Associate I (Current Employee) –  Aibonito Puerto RicoSeptember 17, 2014
Baxter as a company has a lot of benefits for the employess. You have the opportunity to expand your skills with all the trainings in CAPA, you start to adjust your mindset from a CAPA standpoint. There are coaches on-site to give you support on your CAPA investigations and everyone is willing to help you develop and improve in your performance.
Pros
great place to start your career. very helpful coaches and consultants
Cons
lots of gossip between senior and junior managers
Production environment
Medical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 16, 2014
A typical day is pre-screening donors for the eligibility of donating plasma to make life saving therapeutic medications. It can be high stress, but a different stress, as it is not life or death. You gain rapport with donors and it's rewarding to see people saving lives. Management is great, very helpful and easy to approach with any concerns or questions. Coworkers are amazing, although the turnover can be high at times. It's by far the best place I've ever been employed.
Pros
great environment, fun coworkers
Cons
understaffed at times
horrible
aspct (Former Employee) –  independence,moJune 17, 2015
the schedule is the worst and they do not care about anything important in your life all they care about is if you will be a body not even a good employee just a body to throw around to tell what to do so that the people higher up do not have to do anything. A girls mother was dying and they looked at her and said so you will be here right bc we are going to be busy and she isn't dead yet. they don't not value their employees and they lie to you in the beginning and then when you are there its completely different.
Pros
they have good benefits
Cons
everything but their benefits
One Day
human resource (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 18, 2016
Just one day is necessary to view, know and feel how is to work with all the factors that involve to be a Human Resource specialist. I've learned a lot of things, but the most important was the comunication, and the great hability of write correctly. One error and everithing can change. The human resource group needs to be so eficcient and multitasking, my partners are most of what the emplyees need.
My activities in Baxter where stablish to help them with different tasks and absorb all the knowledge that they can provide me.
Pros
lunch, breaks, parking
Good entry level job, poor upward development. Tedious and heavy workload.
Global Field Surveillance Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 21, 2014
This is a good first job to accept directly out of school, but it is a stepping stone position and has very poor retention due to the monotonous nature of the work. Baxter uses the promise of upward development to lure people into this position, but there is very little opportunity to move on from this career within the company. It is a very good start for someone interested in a future in quality, but a trap for those interested in design.
Tedious but fun. The work is easy, yet hard, and the people are great.
fill line (Former Employee) –  North Cove, NCSeptember 5, 2015
I learned pretty quickly how to keep up and no one got frustrated if you had to ask questions more than once. You learned to orient half liter IV bags, put them in their over wrap and in the carousel, so they could be sealed at a pace of about 25-30 bags a minute. We learned to inspect the bags quickly for folds, mis print, or being sealed incorrectly. We also learned to work other lines with different rules and bigger/smaller bags. We got to see different ways to run a business that all worked.
Enjoy working for 20 years at Baxter.
Research associate at analytic group (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 14, 2014
Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
Pros
stable
Cons
long commute
Working at a well respected business
Level One Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 10, 2012
A typical day at work included assembling medical devices, packaging medical devices, and shipping medical devices. I learned that team work is very important in accomplishing your goals. My coworkers were hard workers and very good at what they did. The hardest part of the job was trying to work the night shift while attending college during the days. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my co workers who were very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
conflicting schedule
no work
FILL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 10, 2015
the place is unorganized needs more structure with employees and their available work. I like the third shift work it was more convenient for me. I had learned how to operate a syringe and vial lines. I learned how to formulate some medicines. I learned the aseptic formulation. I crossed trained in formulation, capping, and packaging. My co-workers were very nice people to work with they made me feel comfortable. The hardest part of job was waiting to get qualified. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with nice people.
Productive team research environment.
Test Engineer, Engineering Research Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILMarch 6, 2013
Worked as a part of a team of test engineers on a new product launch. Tested IV set components on the ability to withstand different stresses such as time, temperature, and pressure.

An average day consisted of running several different tests on the same product under varying circumstances.

Learned a lot about what is necessary to launch a new medical device to market.
Pros
friendly environment, casual fridays, flex hours
Cons
long commute, contract only work
Not good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 9, 2013
It feels like you are always being watched and are "over-managed", many unnecessary time-wasting tasks given, strange culture and management, they only promote phony "yes-men", you cannot speak out with your own opinion; if you do, it is not well received. A lot of finger pointing. Most people are unhappy here, there is a high turn over and no real perks. Rather unpleasant place.
Pros
you can go home at a decent hour without a lot of guilt
Cons
you only get 2 weeks vacation for the first 5 years, not many holidays off, bad culture
Excellent work environment.
Customer Service Rep/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 5, 2015
I would take 30 to 70 calls a day. I worked with the customer and the sales team. I started out as a research clerk and advance quickly to customer service, then Marketing. The Marketing director created a job for me so that he could have me on his team.
I worked with wonderful co-workers that were all team players.
The hardest part of the job, was when we were back ordered on a product.
The best part of the job were my customers and sales force!
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
N/A
A job with meaning - the product we make out of human plasma saves lives.
Regional Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 3, 2015
I am proud to work at Baxter. This company is fast paced and climbing. We collect human plasma and make life-saving therapies for very sick patients. We save lives. The growth for BioLife, a subsidiary of Baxter, in the US is about 10 new centers per year for the next 10 years. The reason I gave Indeed my resume is because I would like to be considered for project manager positions around the Des Moines/Ankeny/Ames Iowa area.