Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe
Global Product Surveillance Team Leader (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 23, 2014
Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe Excellent Opportunities Across the Globe
Good entry level job, poor upward development. Tedious and heavy workload.
Global Field Surveillance Quality Associate (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 21, 2014
This is a good first job to accept directly out of school, but it is a stepping stone position and has very poor retention due to the monotonous nature of the work. Baxter uses the promise of upward development to lure people into this position, but there is very little opportunity to move on from this career within the company. It is a very good start for someone interested in a future in quality, but a trap for those interested in design.
Great company with challenging senior leadership
EHS and Security Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits and good opportunities
Cons: site senior management is shortsighted and work culture has turned negative
This is a great company that makes wonderful products. The people are mostly great and are very collaborative. The senior leadership can be short sighted and have their own best interest in mind.
Nice place
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
Nice secure place to work. Job Work/Life Balanced. Healthy Job Culture.
Gret place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, IL.October 13, 2014
Pros: all
typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to Work
Senior Audit Consultant (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work with a great culture. Great first job specifically for those right out of college looking for coaching and development. Great benefits in relation to healthcare, discounts, reimbursement of public transit.
I love working at Baxter
Billing Specialist (Accounts receivable) (Former Employee), Waukegan ILOctober 8, 2014
Baxter employee are very friendly and polite. I loved my manager and would love to work at Baxter again. I learned accounts receivable and customer service and data management systems.
Good place to work with lots of opportunities
Sr Director, Global Quality Mgmt - Renal Division (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 6, 2014
Good place to work with lots of opportunities. With the diversity of the company, there are many opportunities to develop an individual's career.
Assembler I (Former Employee), Largo, FloridaOctober 6, 2014
typical day at work, very productive close to my house cool coworkers.
The Baxter Experience
STRATEGIC BUYER II, INDIRECT (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
A typical work week consist of reviewing purchase requests, contracts, proposal, accounting discrepancies, trouble shooting, end-user training and making critical decisions and executing it. The hardest and yet the most rewarding part of the job is making the decisions on a project because stake holders are depending on your role to achieve savings, adhere to quality and regulatory standards, meet deadlines while keeping the business running without interruptions.

My co-workers are all dedicated and proficient with their job. They take their career seriously and operate with knowledge, professionalism and heart. This also applies to the management team as they hear out their direct reports and support the need of the workers in order to make their jobs efficient, safe and valuable to the organization.

The skill set I take with me that I've learned from this career is effective communication, leadership skills and result orientation and drive for quality work.
Research Associate III (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILOctober 5, 2014
A typical day at work may involve the following: performing various analytical techniques such as GC, GC/MS, GC-Headspace, HPLC. I am just getting involved with the CAPA process. Perform method validations, assist in solving manufacturing or product issues.

All co-workers get along with one another and with me. We socialize out of the workplace also. I have learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry.
Vast amounts of growth within the company both personally and nationally.
Master Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Moorhead, MNOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, friendly atmosphere, excellent co-workers, paid training
Cons: repetitive job tasks, inconsistant hours, high turn-over rate
Overall a great place to get your foot in the door for a medical career. However, the hours are hard to work with and the jobs themselves within the center's are very monotonous.
Great work/life balance, fragile career paths
Senior Program & Change Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: ife saving products manufactured
Cons: b-team
Very nice company, but career progression is dependent on ever changing leadership - tough to plan!
Horrible
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursment
Cons: management, hours, metric expectations, donors
Generally extremely busy and fast paced. Mgmt only cares about metrics and not what the staff needs to succeed, in addition they rarely come out from their offices to help ease workload because it would interrupt their personal conversations. The environment their is that each co-worker needs to rat others out. Favortism is rapant. None of the policies are logical.
great job poor management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Marion, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: 12 hour shifts management to wishy washy
Productive enviorment great job good people to work with, just want an 8 hour shift and not 12 hour nights
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: n/a
Great environment, Good benefits, secured ad protective and great pay each week.
Productive workplace, very detail oriented management. Great place to start your career.
QA Associate I (Current Employee), Aibonito Puerto RicoSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great place to start your career. very helpful coaches and consultants
Cons: lots of gossip between senior and junior managers
Baxter as a company has a lot of benefits for the employess. You have the opportunity to expand your skills with all the trainings in CAPA, you start to adjust your mindset from a CAPA standpoint. There are coaches on-site to give you support on your CAPA investigations and everyone is willing to help you develop and improve in your performance.
fast paced factory like work
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits and vacation
Cons: short breaks, no appreciation, lazy management and supervisors
During a typical day at Biolife we stayed very busy. They describe the work to be similar to factory work. The work there was very repetitive and sometimes I would get bored because the work became to easy for me. I was able to work with a wide variety of donors that made the day very interesting. I enjoy working with people and always had a great time with our donors.
Nice place to work
Plasma Center (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nice donors, coworkers and management both were great
Cons: some lazy employees, not enough rewards, hours were tough
I really liked working at this place and the people were friendly for the most part. The donors got crazy sometimes but overall they were nice, and the benefits were great. Management really seemed to care about the employees and were always willing to help you when it got real busy. All my co-workers were nice, but some were lazy, especially the nurse staff who half of them did nothing but complain. I didn't like the fact that corporate offices didn't give us more rewards, even though we were constantly giving the donors prizes and money. The schedule was also hard to understand and everyone basically works at night. But i really enjoyed working there because you were saving lives.
Great Place
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Great Place to work with good management and team environment.

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Salaries