Baxter Healthcare

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

great job poor management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Marion, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: 12 hour shifts management to wishy washy
Productive enviorment great job good people to work with, just want an 8 hour shift and not 12 hour nights
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: n/a
Great environment, Good benefits, secured ad protective and great pay each week.
Productive workplace, very detail oriented management. Great place to start your career.
QA Associate I (Current Employee), Aibonito Puerto RicoSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great place to start your career. very helpful coaches and consultants
Cons: lots of gossip between senior and junior managers
Baxter as a company has a lot of benefits for the employess. You have the opportunity to expand your skills with all the trainings in CAPA, you start to adjust your mindset from a CAPA standpoint. There are coaches on-site to give you support on your CAPA investigations and everyone is willing to help you develop and improve in your performance.
fast paced factory like work
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits and vacation
Cons: short breaks, no appreciation, lazy management and supervisors
During a typical day at Biolife we stayed very busy. They describe the work to be similar to factory work. The work there was very repetitive and sometimes I would get bored because the work became to easy for me. I was able to work with a wide variety of donors that made the day very interesting. I enjoy working with people and always had a great time with our donors.
Nice place to work
Plasma Center (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nice donors, coworkers and management both were great
Cons: some lazy employees, not enough rewards, hours were tough
I really liked working at this place and the people were friendly for the most part. The donors got crazy sometimes but overall they were nice, and the benefits were great. Management really seemed to care about the employees and were always willing to help you when it got real busy. All my co-workers were nice, but some were lazy, especially the nurse staff who half of them did nothing but complain. I didn't like the fact that corporate offices didn't give us more rewards, even though we were constantly giving the donors prizes and money. The schedule was also hard to understand and everyone basically works at night. But i really enjoyed working there because you were saving lives.
Great Place
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Great Place to work with good management and team environment.
Internship (Former Employee), PRSeptember 7, 2014
The typical work as like a routine, I learned how the plants works how the products were made and how to work with their database system, most of the co-workers were friendly, the hardest part of the job was be aware of detail, overall was an ok as an enjoyable job.
Inventory management and order management is like being Sherlock Holmes. Solving problems is one of my best qualities.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILSeptember 4, 2014
There is never a typical day, which is always fun! Building relationships with our customers, agents and reps has been very rewarding.
Accomplished medical device representative with long term realtionships
Ohio Valley Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2014
In today's competitive environment it's more important than ever to be able to quickly develop rapport with customers which leads trusting relationships. I've always believed that if people like you they are more apt to want to do business with you. This isn't a new concept but it's easy to sometimes forget. In my daily routine I am constantly interacting with customers to make sure that their needs are met. It's my goal to exceed the customers expectations and be one step ahead.

I'm looking for an opportunity that will involve a bit less travel (currently at 70%) and the opportunity to make more money.
good
industrial designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2014
It is a really formal and professional company in medical care field.
A good place to start a career
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great place to start a career
Cons: communication across the company
Baxter is a very large healthcare manufacturing company which comes with a lot of very convoluted problems. It is a great place for someone starting a career, but I found it frustrating as time passed.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Sample Processing Technician (Former Employee), Lima OHAugust 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything, pay, hours, management
Work 10+ hr/ days on Mondays and Saturdays (no overtime pay), lucky to get 40/hrs a week. May as well work in a factory it is so hot in the facility with scrubs, lab coat, and constantly running around. Management is awful, they dont care about anything other than stats, they all sit in the office while the center is so busy . You have to be friends with management to get a promotion, and those who do get them typically do not deserve them, or just are not qualified for them. Pay is not worth the hard work you will put into the place. Do not expect to be able to have a normal life, family and friends time is not allowed here. You work 2 morning shifts, and 3 night shifts. Overall, do not work here!
Need Better Management
Business Operations (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: work environment
Their management definitely could use some educating on how to treat the employees. Very demeaning and also does not train employees on the job. Nothing positive to say.
Productive workplace where everyday illustrated human needs
Dir., Baxter Institute for Trng. & Dev. (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: relevant industry
Cons: extensive travel
A lot of travel to provide Supervisors and Managers with skills to productively manage their workforce and achieve results.
Biolife Medical Supervisor
RN-Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Mentor, OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: fda and ema regulation driven environment
Conducting physical screenings of donors
Conducting Post Donation Investigations
Most enjoyable part of job is knowing that the plasma will help save lives
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: saving bonds
Cons: if you miss a day in the week you loose vacation time
Getting alone with over. Doing with is ask of me, Getting the job done, Following safe policy. Company picnic.
Misleading, dishonest leadership, degrading environment
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, interaction with the donors, and the aspect of helping those in need.
Cons: poor management and supervision, short breaks, toxic (mental and emotional abusive) environment, no accountability for poor behaviors of those in leadership positions.
I loved my job and thought it was important for those in need. I worked there almost 7 years. I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact I was more disgruntled while I worked there. The management there is poor. When the new manager took over, we got an award for lowest company turnover. With in the last 8 months, 17 people have left. The supervisors belittle people in front of other employees and worse yet, in front of donors. When they are approached about their behavior, nothing is done. They have not done anything wrong and it is all your fault. They talk and gossip about the employees which creates a hostile and biased environment. Recently they have hired young, attractive girls into positions, and have made comments about the older (age wise, not employment length) workers there. The manager sits in his office and does not address issues and lets his supervisors run the business, and they often times do not realize they are doing things that are unethical and could be considered discriminatory. If you speak up for yourself, you are negative and non-compliant.There is little to no positive recognition of what you do. If they actually do thank you today, you will be wrong tomorrow. When a supervisor can raise her voice at an employee and tell them to shut up in front of other employees and donors, yet there is nothing done, there is a problem. It has been vocalized that this is a good job to have if you don't have kids. This is the environment at the Harrisonburg Virginia Biolife.
poor management
Cnc Lathe setup (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 15, 2014
shop was dirty, employee turn over, insurance didn't cover anything
was a good place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Marion, NCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, and other activites.
Cons: short breaks, not enough advancement within the company.
learned a lot of skills. most management was fair. most co-workers were nice. made a lot of friends. enjoyed my work. hardest part was going at break neck speeds.
ALERT SECURITY GUARD
Security Guard (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
security guard need to be on the lookout at all times, learning to give necessary actions in any problems occur to take pride on giving all my cares to the company by being alert hardest part is when caught people in trouble most enjoyable is serving customer

About Baxter Healthcare

axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company – Read more

Baxter Healthcare Photos