Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Regulated environment procedure oriented
Research Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILNovember 7, 2015
Reasonable working environment with reasonable supportive management. Reasonable of amount of work with few resources. Regulated environment result in routine work on daily basis, lack innovation.
Good location
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  PRNovember 2, 2015
The location for this company is in the middle of Puerto Rico and the weather is the best in this area. The Managers and Supervisor is the best people to help of any situation.
Loved my time working at Baxter
Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 30, 2015
Baxter is a very god company to work for. It provides great benefits and a comfortable work environment. I enjoyed interacting with my co workers and learning from them.
Pros
Great people
Cons
long commute
baxter
Production Associate/Supply Handler (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 21, 2015
Baxter was a company that offered me opportunities to succeed. The main priority at this facility is to push their workers to obtain a career and watch them grow.
Good work life balance
Pharmacovigilance Safety Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 16, 2015
Hard to advance from being a contractor. Therefor there is no job security or benefits. As a nurse, if you don't want to lose your skill then you shouldn't stay.
Good company to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 16, 2015
Diversified company with challenging and inspirational environment. Multitude of opportunities present themselves to learn new skills and advance their career.
Pros
Fast moving company.
High Volume great co-workers
Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 15, 2015
The best team to work with everyone pitches in when needed.

Very high volume area with many different systems to master, if you enjoy keeping busy and all different areas this is the place for you.
Work life balanced job with fun involving
Validation Analyst/ Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hill, ILOctober 15, 2015
Experience as a Quality Validation Engineer and Technical Writer/Software Documentation specialist working in FDA regulated environments according to FDA 21 CFR part 11 regulations and GxP practices
Competitive work environment requiring expediency, efficiency and initiative
Director, Quality (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 12, 2015
Wrestling with legacy infrastructure (like many companies), innovating new technologies and ways of serving the patient population. All products are genuine life saving or life saving drugs and devices. The level of expertise and experience is generally thin and narrow.
Pros
Healthcare, gym, opportunity to grow
Cons
Often constrained by company business plan
Productive work environment, friendly coworkers
Quality Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 9, 2015
A typical day at work includes an 8 AM meeting to go over our metrics from the day before, any safety and GMP issues from the day before and any tasks that must be completed during the day. From there employees would work on any items that were received and needed to be inspected throughout the day. Coworkers were very outgoing and eager to help with any and all problems.

The work environment is extremely productive with a sort of push to make sure you finished all of your work on time and release material to manufacturing as needed.
Lean job staff, great people, struggling through larger company aquisition
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2015
This site is going through the worst of their big company acquisition growing pains. The smaller company of Synovis was acquired by Baxter 3.5 years ago, and since Baxter itself has split into 2 separate companies. That has caused a lot of commotion the site is struggling to overcome. Management seems to be very reactionary instead of preventative, which is frustrating.
The most rewarding part of my job is working with my colleagues whom I enjoy and interact with on a daily basis. The culture and work/life balance is very good and I have great personal relationships with everyone.
Pros
Flexible hours, intriguing products, great colleagues, good benefits package
Cons
Lean staffing, inexperienced management, prioritization conflicts
Complaint Handling
Global Product Surveillance Quality Associate I (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILOctober 8, 2015
Take an assignment daily of complaints of Baxter products. Determine portability to the FDA and complete necessary tasks/investigation for closure of complaint. I loved working for this company but after its split into two companies, job security is now an issue.
Pros
Was a great company to work for
Cons
No more job security, overtime is no longer an option as resources are tight
Working for Baxter.
Assambler (Former Employee) –  PROctober 5, 2015
Baxter I got to meet and learn about the environment health . Of serum as those used in hospitals. The importance of such work to save lives.
A well known Company with a good management in Healthcare products
Small Cell Assembler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 2, 2015
I've learned how to become a good assembler, small cell assembler, and assistant team lead. Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers were very supportive to Co-workers.
Pros
Free launch every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bonuses every Christmas.
Cons
free shortbreaks
Manufacturing
Manufacturing Associate I/ HireGenics Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 1, 2015
A great place to gain experience. There is a lot of opportunities for someone to get exposure, but that doesn't mean that you will get compensated for it.
Work is good at Baxter but there is no advancement
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Work is good at Baxter but there is no advancement. All the work for most part stays the same. People are great to work for and with.
Challenging and variety
Warehouse Operator I (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRSeptember 24, 2015
A very demanding and interesting job. In my time at baxter I have learned a lot and grow as a professional. My supervisor and my manager make me feel at home at all times. only 350 employees so basically, you get to know everybody. I do a lot of variety work, from inventory duties, material handling, receiving components to prepare and dispatch finished products to port. That's what I love about my job, the variety and challenging of it. All my co workers are nice and help me a lot.
Pros
Certifications and continued education
Cons
Only thing i can think of is distance from my family and home
Fantastic place to work!
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Loved this job! Got such a good feeling from this job because I knew I was helping people; after all, I was shipping medical supplies. I hated losing this job (due to down-sizing). I always felt good going to work there!
I've learned some new experiences
Assembler (Current Employee) –  irvine CASeptember 14, 2015
When I/m working at Baxter, I've learned some new experiences in medical field. Although it doesn't have any relationship to my current major in school, I still want to learn something new to explore my skills. My co-workers are really friendly and helpful. I'm very enjoyable when I'm working over there.
Great entry level job for recent graduates
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCSeptember 12, 2015
This company will give you the opportunity to harp your skills and put your knowledge of science and lab practices to work
Pros
Advancement
Cons
culture needs a little work