Baxter Regional Medical Center

Baxter Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Organization dedicated to providing excellent healthcare
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARSeptember 24, 2014
The hospital is very technologically advanced in terms of its electronic medical records and associated information systems. The pharmacy has added automation to assist in the medication dispensing process. The hospital staff is very friendly and cooperative.
Accepting environment, friendly management, fun job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARJanuary 2, 2014
Direct patient care for "post-surgery/recovery" floor.
Learned all nursing assistant tasks.
co-workers were fun, inviting and helpful.
hardest part-adjusting to night shift.
enjoyed work environment.
progressive in education and medical care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARDecember 14, 2013
Pros: cardiac program
Cons: long hours
in the middle North Arkansas with excellent cardiac care
many long hours worked
The most intimidating place a nurse can work.
Nurse and charge nurse on oncology and medical (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits were fairly good, retirement plan discluded tho.
Cons: poor management, dishonest, bully nurses and other employees, major favortism, demotion at the drop of the hat, unethical practices.
This hospital provides minimally acceptable care at best. The favoritism here is unbelievable, as is the behavior of it's doctors and management. If you enjoy being told that you are lucky to have a job, then this place is for you!
Demanding work
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARAugust 7, 2013
Pros: opportunities
Cons: varied schedules
strict, non-lenient management, great immediate co-workers and supervisors.
Very productive and patient oriented
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARMay 21, 2013
As a student RT at Baxter, I was able to benefit from the experience of others from their knowledge of positions and patient care.
worked here for a long time
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARMay 6, 2013
busy surgical atmospherel with high volume, on call required but able to trade schedule to accomadate personal life, mostly friendly and supportive co workers, many opportunities for continuing education,
a very good learning experience
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunch breaks, and very long hours
You learn very clear the roles of a doctor, a nurse, and a cna.
Decades old practices
Customer Service / Cash Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARJune 25, 2012
Pros: patient interaction, extremely busy
Cons: compensation, benefits, lack of critical thinking, small town
A typical day started with transmitting payment files and notes to the outside vendors. Also, I worked closely with all departments in the revenue cycle. Upper managment frequently changed procedures and operations on a whim without regard to or involving other areas. I learned that stability with the company depended on who you knew, not what you knew. Change was unwelcomed and frowned apon.

The hardest part of the job was tip-toeing around fickle former managers. I enjoyed the patients and front-end staff, along with the high energy projects.

March 19, 2013

I work in Mt Home and was raised in a nearby town. It is WHO you know and not WHAT you know that counts here.

Enviroment Is friendly and Professional
Clinicals (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARMay 21, 2012
A typical day at BRMC is a organized hard working atmosphere. Coworkers are friendly, and Management is on-hand to answer questions and dirrect employee's.
A very caring staff with good Christain values and customer service..
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ArkansasMay 15, 2012
Pros: free gym access, employee discounts at hospital, and local surrounding businesses
Cons: dental coverage
I have 649 volunteers with 649 different personalities and trying to keep them all happy day to day can be somewhat challenging...but I take the time to learn their likes and dislikes and how to accomidate their needs while volunteering at BRMC..My co-workers and I are a team ...more like family. The hardest part of my job is growing so close to these volunteers...some of which are up in age and I have had many to pass away during my employment...as I said we have all become one large family...The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch my volunteers enjoy what they do...many are widowed and other have had such good medical services through our hospital that they wanted to give back by volunteering to show their appreciation...
great employer, nice exercise equipment room that employees are able to use
unit secretary (Former Employee), mountain home, arkansas 72653January 23, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, great work atomosphere, beautiful building
Cons: short breaks
great place to work for great teamwork good hours enjoyed my employment there. Would recommend this employer to anyone interested. Nice bonuses, good x mas party, in cafeteria. Lots of great food. Supervisors are great. Very productive. Great employee benefits. Miss working there very much. lots of opportunities for advancement. Able to transfer to other floors if you were looking for something different.