Baxter Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Remarkable
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 30, 2017
The patient is our main focus! As it should be!! The best work environment I have ever participated in. Most coworkers are very kind within this family orientated workforce. I call the group I work with "my second family.". There is a closeness and cooperation in a similar group thought. The upper management has changed a few years ago and has been toward betterment. If you are looking for satisfactory pay, yearly free company picnic, benefits which includes the company giving a percentage to the employee retirement, a fantastic group of employees that can make decisions toward their own workplace, a wonderful wellness program, a free area at hospital that is an exercise room for all employees to enjoy 24/7, a great area to fish, (gorgeous area!)...and the list continues...that is why I have been their employee over 18 years!! The Doctors are the finest too! This may, indeed, be a place for you!
Pros
% off of hospital meals! Reduced cost in xrays, labs..etc.
Excellent
Home Health Nurse RN-PRN (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 21, 2017
Welcoming patient centered care facility. Staff is close knit. Facility utilizes the ICARE approach to patient centered care. Small town environment. Patients and staff are known to each other in the community. Great work environment.
Great pay and benefits.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 15, 2017
The pay was great and benefits were great. Loved the work and was there for 8 years. The only problem was poor management which created a stressful work environment for everyone. Not good teamwork.
Pros
Great pay, great job and great benefits!
Cons
Poor management!!
Great place
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 9, 2017
I have made many friends while working with BRMC. I have found that most work as a team to ensure that the patient gets the best experience possible. The management however are not always approachable. I felt like I could not go and talk specifically with my boss of concerns that I had. I also found that there were many employees who were worried about gossiping instead of doing their jobs and are quick to blame others for their mistakes.
Great Place to work
Café / Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 23, 2017
Good pay, Great Hours and great benefits. Overall its a great place to work and you have several options for job placement. SLT are great, they take the time to hear you concerns and ideas.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Staff turn over rate.
Relaxed and stable
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 29, 2017
I've enjoyed my time at BRMC and work with professionals who understand work/life balance and training. It's a relaxed culture where folks greet others in the halls and are very friendly. The management is competent and conscientious. It's a rural, regional hospital with a lot to offer the community and employees. there are training programs and a nursing residency track that has been very successful.
Pros
Gym, medica/dental benefits
alot of great people.
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at BRMC. A lot of great people and always willing to go the extra mile. The hardest part was always had to work short staffed.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
understaffed
Pharmacist BRMC
Staff/Weekend Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 23, 2017
Great people, great job. This hospital is a great place to work. Not only are the people great, but the town is beautiful. If you are an outdoors person and like small towns, this is the place to relocate.
Nice place to work.
Ambulance EMS Coder/ EMS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 16, 2017
Shifts for full time EMS dispatchers are from either 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am. If you work PRN then you come in at noon to 6pm. Weekend shifts are 6-6 with no noon option.
review
Schedular (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 7, 2017
I really enjoyed being a part of the Baxter team in Mt Home. It was a pleasure to get to work with such a talented group of doctors and nurses. A typical day for me as a PRN scheduler was checking my schedule to see what clinic I was goin got be assigned to for that day, and maintaining as much normal for the clinics as possible. the hardest part of the job was getting to know the needs and wants of each doctor and scheduling according.
Pros
great people
Cons
drive
No faith in the leadership
Worker (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home Baxter RegionalSeptember 19, 2016
As long as the leaders get what they wanted they were happy. If you do not please leaders they are on you and will let you know about it. I would like to say that meeting some of the patients makes me realize what my job entitles. Thank you to the patients and thank you to the hospital for allowing me to work there. It was not always Pleasant but the grass is always greener on the other side.
Pros
Patients, coworkers
Cons
Department leaders
If you like a dictatorship style of managment this job is for you!
NP (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 28, 2016
Salaried employees are not all treated equal. If you like to be told what day you can make a dentist or doctor apt then this is for you. Be aware that although you work 50+ hours a week, if you ask to leave a hour early you will be told you must take a 1/2 day off and forced to use your paid leave making it difficult to accumulate any vacation time. Managers come and go as they please. Also required to use your paid leave for holidays, snow days, sick leave.
Clinic management is dictatorship like and clickish. You will not find any support, so don't complain. Constant turn over of NP and clinic personnel.

Co-workers are great! All are not treated equal. Hourly treated better then salary, can come and go as they please.

Hardest part is not much support. If you are a new NP don't expect help, you will be put out there by yourself, often no LPN to assist and pay scale below average. You will spend long hours catching up, calling patients and charting.

Most enjoyable part is the patients.
Pros
Benefits are fair.
Cons
seldom breaks or lunch, below average salaries
Ems
EMT, Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 19, 2016
This is a great place to work for the experience in EMS. I do not recommend much else, they only care about not being in trouble then there employees. The management lied and the reason I was let go was based on the hospital not doing the right thing and rather fire and honest person and promote lazy people.
Environmental chaos, mean and intimidating coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 16, 2016
I was promised opportunities that never came to be. The techs were jealous and bullies and management allowed this behaviour. The pay was below $10/hr. No opportunity for advancement whatsoever. Overworked and underpaid. I make more at nursing home than I did there!!!
Pros
Cons
low pay, long, hours, unappreciated, short breaks and lunch, and less than honest
Very Care Oriented Hospital
Current Position as the Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mtn Home, ARNovember 15, 2015
My Patients are the 1400 + Employees, Physicians, and Volunteers that provide excellent care to the Twin Lakes area. I truly enjoy being an advocate for each and every one of them, and strive to deliver the most compassionate and confidential service possible.
Pros
Great Insurance benefits, great promotion opportunities within the Organization, and a supportive Management Team
Cons
Decent amount of financial challenges, but expected in the current Political climate we face.
I like to stay busy and accomplish as much as needed to get the job done.
FOOD PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 1, 2015
production of all operations including, catering, retail, customer service, patient care ordering, inventory, interviewing, training, payroll, and daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
Pros
Enjoyed staying busy
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get all the work done.
Care-no not really
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 4, 2015
The only thing I loved about my job was the co-workers. Constantly more and more was put on the nursing staff with no compensation. Management pushing for nurses to get BSN with no payment compensation for the extra work and knowledge. No one in management and administration cared about the acuity of the patients all that mattered was numbers.
Really awesome hospital
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain HomeJune 2, 2015
I actually was an intern in the nutrition department specifically as a dietitian intern. Loved the folks I got to work with and thought it was a very laid back but productive place to be. That was my favorite section of my internship during school. Everyone is incredibly friendly and takes patient care very seriously.
fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 10, 2014
work place has an awesome culture the training programs that are in place are well organized and valuable
Organization dedicated to providing excellent healthcare
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 24, 2014
The hospital is very technologically advanced in terms of its electronic medical records and associated information systems. The pharmacy has added automation to assist in the medication dispensing process. The hospital staff is very friendly and cooperative.