Baxter Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

review
Schedular (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 7, 2017
I really enjoyed being a part of the Baxter team in Mt Home. It was a pleasure to get to work with such a talented group of doctors and nurses. A typical day for me as a PRN scheduler was checking my schedule to see what clinic I was goin got be assigned to for that day, and maintaining as much normal for the clinics as possible. the hardest part of the job was getting to know the needs and wants of each doctor and scheduling according.
Pros
great people
Cons
drive
No faith in the leadership
Worker (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home Baxter RegionalSeptember 19, 2016
As long as the leaders get what they wanted they were happy. If you do not please leaders they are on you and will let you know about it. I would like to say that meeting some of the patients makes me realize what my job entitles. Thank you to the patients and thank you to the hospital for allowing me to work there. It was not always Pleasant but the grass is always greener on the other side.
Pros
Patients, coworkers
Cons
Department leaders
Environmental chaos, mean and intimidating coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 16, 2016
I was promised opportunities that never came to be. The techs were jealous and bullies and management allowed this behaviour. The pay was below $10/hr. No opportunity for advancement whatsoever. Overworked and underpaid. I make more at nursing home than I did there!!!
Pros
Cons
low pay, long, hours, unappreciated, short breaks and lunch, and less than honest
If you like a dictatorship style of managment this job is for you!
NP (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 28, 2016
Salaried employees are not all treated equal. If you like to be told what day you can make a dentist or doctor apt then this is for you. Be aware that although you work 50+ hours a week, if you ask to leave a hour early you will be told you must take a 1/2 day off and forced to use your paid leave making it difficult to accumulate any vacation time. Managers come and go as they please. Also required to use your paid leave for holidays, snow days, sick leave.
Clinic management is dictatorship like and clickish. You will not find any support, so don't complain. Constant turn over of NP and clinic personnel.

Co-workers are great! All are not treated equal. Hourly treated better then salary, can come and go as they please.

Hardest part is not much support. If you are a new NP don't expect help, you will be put out there by yourself, often no LPN to assist and pay scale below average. You will spend long hours catching up, calling patients and charting.

Most enjoyable part is the patients.
Pros
Benefits are fair.
Cons
seldom breaks or lunch, below average salaries
Ems
EMT, Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 19, 2016
This is a great place to work for the experience in EMS. I do not recommend much else, they only care about not being in trouble then there employees. The management lied and the reason I was let go was based on the hospital not doing the right thing and rather fire and honest person and promote lazy people.
Very Care Oriented Hospital
Current Position as the Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mtn Home, ARNovember 15, 2015
My Patients are the 1400 + Employees, Physicians, and Volunteers that provide excellent care to the Twin Lakes area. I truly enjoy being an advocate for each and every one of them, and strive to deliver the most compassionate and confidential service possible.
Pros
Great Insurance benefits, great promotion opportunities within the Organization, and a supportive Management Team
Cons
Decent amount of financial challenges, but expected in the current Political climate we face.
I like to stay busy and accomplish as much as needed to get the job done.
FOOD PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 1, 2015
production of all operations including, catering, retail, customer service, patient care ordering, inventory, interviewing, training, payroll, and daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
Pros
Enjoyed staying busy
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get all the work done.
Care-no not really
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 4, 2015
The only thing I loved about my job was the co-workers. Constantly more and more was put on the nursing staff with no compensation. Management pushing for nurses to get BSN with no payment compensation for the extra work and knowledge. No one in management and administration cared about the acuity of the patients all that mattered was numbers.
Really awesome hospital
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain HomeJune 2, 2015
I actually was an intern in the nutrition department specifically as a dietitian intern. Loved the folks I got to work with and thought it was a very laid back but productive place to be. That was my favorite section of my internship during school. Everyone is incredibly friendly and takes patient care very seriously.
Decades old practices
Customer Service / Cash Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 25, 2012
A typical day started with transmitting payment files and notes to the outside vendors. Also, I worked closely with all departments in the revenue cycle. Upper managment frequently changed procedures and operations on a whim without regard to or involving other areas. I learned that stability with the company depended on who you knew, not what you knew. Change was unwelcomed and frowned apon.

The hardest part of the job was tip-toeing around fickle former managers. I enjoyed the patients and front-end staff, along with the high energy projects.
Pros
patient interaction, extremely busy
Cons
compensation, benefits, lack of critical thinking, small town
great employer, nice exercise equipment room that employees are able to use
unit secretary (Former Employee) –  mountain home, arkansas 72653January 23, 2012
great place to work for great teamwork good hours enjoyed my employment there. Would recommend this employer to anyone interested. Nice bonuses, good x mas party, in cafeteria. Lots of great food. Supervisors are great. Very productive. Great employee benefits. Miss working there very much. lots of opportunities for advancement. Able to transfer to other floors if you were looking for something different.
Pros
excellent benefits, great work atomosphere, beautiful building
Cons
short breaks
The most intimidating place a nurse can work.
Nurse and charge nurse on oncology and medical (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 6, 2013
This hospital provides minimally acceptable care at best. The favoritism here is unbelievable, as is the behavior of it's doctors and management. If you enjoy being told that you are lucky to have a job, then this place is for you!
Pros
Benefits were fairly good, retirement plan discluded tho.
Cons
Poor management, dishonest, bully nurses and other employees, major favortism, demotion at the drop of the hat, unethical practices.
Organization dedicated to providing excellent healthcare
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 24, 2014
The hospital is very technologically advanced in terms of its electronic medical records and associated information systems. The pharmacy has added automation to assist in the medication dispensing process. The hospital staff is very friendly and cooperative.
A very caring staff with good Christain values and customer service..
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ArkansasMay 15, 2012
I have 649 volunteers with 649 different personalities and trying to keep them all happy day to day can be somewhat challenging...but I take the time to learn their likes and dislikes and how to accomidate their needs while volunteering at BRMC..My co-workers and I are a team ...more like family. The hardest part of my job is growing so close to these volunteers...some of which are up in age and I have had many to pass away during my employment...as I said we have all become one large family...The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch my volunteers enjoy what they do...many are widowed and other have had such good medical services through our hospital that they wanted to give back by volunteering to show their appreciation...
Pros
free gym access, employee discounts at hospital, and local surrounding businesses
Cons
dental coverage
Accepting environment, friendly management, fun job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 2, 2014
Direct patient care for "post-surgery/recovery" floor.
Learned all nursing assistant tasks.
co-workers were fun, inviting and helpful.
hardest part-adjusting to night shift.
enjoyed work environment.
worked here for a long time
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 6, 2013
busy surgical atmospherel with high volume, on call required but able to trade schedule to accomadate personal life, mostly friendly and supportive co workers, many opportunities for continuing education,
Enviroment Is friendly and Professional
Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 21, 2012
A typical day at BRMC is a organized hard working atmosphere. Coworkers are friendly, and Management is on-hand to answer questions and dirrect employee's.
Very productive and patient oriented
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 21, 2013
As a student RT at Baxter, I was able to benefit from the experience of others from their knowledge of positions and patient care.
progressive in education and medical care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARDecember 14, 2013
in the middle North Arkansas with excellent cardiac care
many long hours worked
Pros
cardiac program
fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AROctober 10, 2014
work place has an awesome culture the training programs that are in place are well organized and valuable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Baxter Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location