Bay Area Food Bank is seeking a SNAP Outreach Coordinator to assist with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach. The SNAP Outreach Team promotes national food assistance among eligible but non-participating households. This position will be based in Montgomery.
- Serve as lead development position for SNAP Outreach senior access project—work with project partners to develop SNAP Outreach at senior focused events and organizations
- Participate in weekly SNAP Outreach events—provide SNAP information to clients, assist with completion of SNAP application, respond to questions or direct clients to resources
- Manage day to day submission of AESAP (senior program)SNAP applications and documentation collected by outreach staff, volunteers, and trained agencies
- Manage and develop partnerships for senior focused SNAP Outreach access points, event locations, volunteer support, and distribution channels for information
- Coordinate all SNAP Outreach events for Central and North Alabama regions
- Ensure SNAP applications, outreach events, and outreach partnerships are tracked and information is accessible in a timely manner for reporting purposes
- Develop and maintain knowledge on local, state, and national SNAP policy and program changes with an emphasis on potential impact to seniors
Required Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- Strong organization skills—proficient with handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication Skills
- Good writing skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Self-starter—good self-management skills, decisive, attentive to details, comfortable taking ownership of large projects
- Public speaking experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required. Competitive applicants should have experience with community outreach projects.