Bay Area Food Bank is seeking a SNAP Outreach Coordinator to assist with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach. The SNAP Outreach Team promotes national food assistance among eligible but non-participating households. This position will be based in Montgomery.
- Serve as lead development position for SNAP Outreach senior access project—work with project partners to develop SNAP Outreach at senior focused events and organizations
- Participate in weekly SNAP Outreach events—provide SNAP information to clients, assist with completion of SNAP application, respond to questions or direct clients to resources
- Manage day to day submission of AESAP (senior program)SNAP applications and documentation collected by outreach staff, volunteers, and trained agencies
- Manage and develop partnerships for senior focused SNAP Outreach access points, event locations, volunteer support, and distribution channels for information
- Coordinate all SNAP Outreach events for Central and North Alabama regions
- Ensure SNAP applications, outreach events, and outreach partnerships are tracked and information is accessible in a timely manner for reporting purposes
- Develop and maintain knowledge on local, state, and national SNAP policy and program changes with an emphasis on potential impact to seniors
Required Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- Strong organization skills—proficient with handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication Skills
- Good writing skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Self-starter—good self-management skills, decisive, attentive to details, comfortable taking ownership of large projects
- Public speaking experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required. Competitive applicants should have experience with community outreach projects.
In carrying out its mission, the Bay Area Food Bank is committed to standards of performance and service represented by the following values...