Bay Area Medical Center Employee Reviews

RUN! Don't drink the Kool-Aid
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJanuary 30, 2018
The culture at BAMC is completely awful. They claim there is transparency within the organization and that is why they schedule regular Town Hall meetings, yet it is just smoke and mirrors where they try to make the crumbling financial situation somehow look positive (yet for some reason everyone is on a pay freeze). Administration is completely out of touch and insensitive to employee needs. There is such a strong emphasis on meeting quotas (productivity, etc.) that zero consideration is ever given to work/life balance. The current leadership is awful. The CEO is a brick-head that doesn't engage with staff; his arrogance is apparent. Luckily, Aurora is in the process of taking control over the entire organization, one clinic at a time, so BAMC's current administration should be hitting the unemployment lines soon enough. A new hospital isn't going to fix the flaws of this organization. They need to clean house - starting with the third floor.
Pros
Yucky cafeteria food - if you are starving.
Cons
Pay freeze. Horrible leadership w/ empty promises.
No support from administration. Low staffing.
RN, Charge (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 24, 2017
I would not want to work there again. Too stressful and your coworkers and supervisors don't care. They ask you what you are struggling with then hold it against you.
Top notch people working here but upper management is very poor
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 7, 2017
You will work hard for your money. The employees are friendly but upper management is very aggressive and it is a hostile work environment due to them. Very punitive management.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Hostile upper management
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIOctober 7, 2017
Various shifts: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Clean all areas of the hospital: waiting areas, patient rooms, bathrooms, nurse's area, offices, ER
Sometimes we were short staffed and had to stay longer.
Stock cleaning cart as needed and for the next shift.
Cons
shift work
A great place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 15, 2017
Hands on care, it was exciting to continue to learn. There was always support and advance skill training. Overall a great place to work. The hospital gave me the opportunity learn skills that will be used the rest of my career.
Pros
flexible scheduling, continuing education, and excellent benefits.
Cons
Re-organization limited LPNS
Middle management
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 2, 2017
very top heavy with senior leadership
lack of empathy and understanding of safe pt care and nurse patient ratios'
union facility but lack of use for nurses
great to learn the field
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 21, 2017
This was my first job in the field of radiology. The team taught very well. A bit intimidating at first, but warmed up after a bit of working with the team.
Pros
union
Cons
short breaks
Fun, Exciting Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 15, 2017
Working at Bay Area Medical Center was a fun, exciting, and wonderful place to work. I worked the evening shift and was very satisfied and loved. all my Co -workers . Managers and Supervisor were also fun to work with.
Pros
Heath care was great
Cons
cut hours
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 24, 2017
Excellent management and excellent teamwork. Staff support by management. Advancement opportunities with significant encouragement from upper management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Wages not competitive
Great Hospital for all skill levels
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 21, 2017
Great leadership from management. This hospital invest in their workers through insurance and competitive pay. Co-workers are friendly throughout the units. resources are available.
Pros
Pay, insurance, school reimbursement
busy place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 6, 2017
growing facility with many opportunities with many different options
for various people of various ages
Has many different options for people in the medical field
Loved it
LVN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 17, 2017
Worked here from 1993 until 2004 whenever I moved to San Antonio. loved ALL the staff I worked with here. Some of the best work experience and time I spent as a nurse.
Great place for nursing school clinical's!
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 23, 2017
I learned so much during my clinical rotations at Bay Area Medical Center. The emergency room was a wealth of knowledge for any aspiring nurse. I couldn't have had a better overall experience.
Management need work
HMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLApril 19, 2017
You never knew what your day would be like. The rules changed on a dailey basis. The rules only applied to certain people. No one seemed happy or secure.
Great learning/working environment, supportive staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIDecember 26, 2016
Staff members are always willing to help and teach
The environment is clean and well organized
Management is approachable
Continuing education hours offered
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
census varies
Was a great teaching hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 2, 2016
I learned a lot in the 4 yrs that I worked here. The night nurses were a great bunch to work with. I learned everything I know about death and dying, and Diabetes.
Productive, good teaching experience.
STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 18, 2015
Good people, professional people.

Good teaching hospital and outpatient pharmacies.

Good IV Compounding experience.

Good Emergency Room and Surgical Cart Experience.
Pros
convenient lunch, schedule 7 on 7 off
Cons
Rural Area, hard to shop for everyday goods.
productive work place
Admitting Clerk / Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 27, 2015
great team of nurses and Doctors in the Nursery Dept and Labor & Delivery. the staff will do on the job training. its a great place to work
Stressful job and problems with co-workers
worker (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 1, 2015
Co-workers are allowed to continue poor behaviors, rule breaking, etc. and nothing is addressed. Even if addressed continuing behaviors are repeatedly ignored. Schedules are a free for all and seniority takes precedence so the less seniority you have, there is no choosing like the more senior workers on days on/off, etc. This leaves any co-worker with a selfish agenda and more seniority the opportunity to take advantage of less senior people and schedule a three day weekend for themselves every weekend for the entire summer (which is also completely ignored.) Criticism is common place along with impatience from nurses, and other staff. Cheerfulness or helpfulness gets you nowhere. Not an easy place to work.
People were great to work with
Physician Biller (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 2, 2015
First thing in the morning, I would verify each patients insurance information in my alpha split. The alphabet was divided by patient last name. Next, I would check my claims for errors and correct them before they were sent to payers. Then I would work my day files which consisted of accounts that were billed 1 month ago or accounts that I had worked but needed more attention. I would make my phone calls to insurance companies as to why we haven't received payment yet and then do any re-bills that are needed. Checking explanation of benefits for my accounts, noting in the account what the balance is or why it was rejected and then doing any re-bills.

What I really like was my co-workers, we really worked as a team.
The hardest part of my job was talking to patients after a procedure was performed, that the procedure wasn't covered by their insurance. This problem was resolved when the company created a department that performed the pre-surgical approval.
Pros
Lunches