Bay Area Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, good teaching experience.
STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 18, 2015
Good people, professional people.

Good teaching hospital and outpatient pharmacies.

Good IV Compounding experience.

Good Emergency Room and Surgical Cart Experience.
Pros
convenient lunch, schedule 7 on 7 off
Cons
Rural Area, hard to shop for everyday goods.
Stressful job and problems with co-workers
worker (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 1, 2015
Co-workers are allowed to continue poor behaviors, rule breaking, etc. and nothing is addressed. Even if addressed continuing behaviors are repeatedly ignored. Schedules are a free for all and seniority takes precedence so the less seniority you have, there is no choosing like the more senior workers on days on/off, etc. This leaves any co-worker with a selfish agenda and more seniority the opportunity to take advantage of less senior people and schedule a three day weekend for themselves every weekend for the entire summer (which is also completely ignored.) Criticism is common place along with impatience from nurses, and other staff. Cheerfulness or helpfulness gets you nowhere. Not an easy place to work.
People were great to work with
Physician Biller (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 2, 2015
First thing in the morning, I would verify each patients insurance information in my alpha split. The alphabet was divided by patient last name. Next, I would check my claims for errors and correct them before they were sent to payers. Then I would work my day files which consisted of accounts that were billed 1 month ago or accounts that I had worked but needed more attention. I would make my phone calls to insurance companies as to why we haven't received payment yet and then do any re-bills that are needed. Checking explanation of benefits for my accounts, noting in the account what the balance is or why it was rejected and then doing any re-bills.

What I really like was my co-workers, we really worked as a team.
The hardest part of my job was talking to patients after a procedure was performed, that the procedure wasn't covered by their insurance. This problem was resolved when the company created a department that performed the pre-surgical approval.
Pros
Lunches
Love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORJuly 21, 2015
The team I work with is amazing. I look forward to going to work. I enjoy every day I work here. The people that I work with try their hardest to make the environment as positive as possible. Even when it is a sad day we keep each other up.
Cons
getting called off
a full health care hospital
Registered Nurse, Orthopedic/Neurology/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 17, 2015
Acuity level high pts with new post surgical needs.Needs for ancillary support were often not available. Needed more communication between superiors and staff. New surgical pts requiring blood and vital signs often. care of wounds such as new tracheostomies, TURP, wounds. and cancers with wound care. Vital signs and medications with dressing changes and ongoing acute care necessary. Including adl, and teaching. admissions and discharges.. IV care, medications, and blood transfsions.
Pros
wonderful opportunities to learn
Cons
little support staff/ poor assignment congregations
Management plays favorites
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  BrandonJuly 16, 2015
The manager has favorites and manipulates employees that are not she is not nice to others who work hard. The owner is very nice but needs to see their problem with the management.
Pros
free lunches from time to tim
Cons
not equal respect for employees
Great Experience as an Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I was a student intern at Bay Area Medical Center during the summer of 2014. All of the employees that I came into contact with displayed professionalism and courtesy. Also, everyone was very helpful and I was able to gain experience and learn quite a bit.
Fast Paced high volume/energy work environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 15, 2014
Most days are very busy, lots of hours available,very poor pay compared to the volume of job you perform.Team work and colleague collaboration is fair.No opportunity to advance.
Pros
ok scheduling and collaborative work environment
Cons
poor compensation and advancement.
productive and stressful
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2014
typical work day is 8-4:30p...mon-fri and no weekends unless asked to work inventory. The manager was a very strick but great teacher. Had the opportunity to attend training for new computer system. Sometime was stressful working with nothing but women and the boss being male would get caught in the middle. The most enjoyable thing is the end results at the end of the week, having plenty of supplies for the different depts and for the patients.
Pros
work schedule, breaks, lunch, insurance
Cons
woring with women to many chiefs
Busy job with great co-workers!
Transcription clerk (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 2, 2014
Very busy every day- time went by very quickly! Very nice co-workers- worked as a team. Learned a lot about the medical field- medical terms, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I did made a difference. The job could be very stressful at times- dealing with angry doctors but was still enjoyable.
Pros
made a lot of great friends!
Cons
no benefits- no room for advancement.
Employment has been enjoyable and appreciated
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bay Area Orthopaedic ClinicFebruary 10, 2014
BAMC has been an enjoyable employer to work for. I have appreciated the last 17 years of dedicated service to the facility.
Pros
enjoyable, compassionate facility to work for
Cons
inability to advance in job placement
Community hospital
Patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIMay 30, 2013
Too many upper management people. Not aware of daily routine on the floors of the hospital only concerned about money.
Pros
nice health benefits
Cons
like to terminate anyone with lengthy seniority
Every day was different with some very busy and stressful days.
Transcriptionist, Tumor Reporter, MLT (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJanuary 10, 2013
While I worked in different departments over the years, some things were similar including a busy day full of diverse activities that needed completing in a timely way. I learned something new every day and I asked questions every day. I think it's important to ask questions to clarify and ensure accuracy. My coworkers were cordial and professional. My managers all had an open door policy and were receptive to ideas, frustrations, and help. The hardest part of all my jobs were interruptions in my "plan" for the day and what the day actually turned out to be. That was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
opportunities for advancement and diversity of work.
Cons
some jobs were not full time and had off shift hours.
They don't honor what they offer
Can't say (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIMay 11, 2012
Understaffed, overworked and looked down upon if you use any of your PTO. Job description promises one thing - the reality of the job is another thing. Promised training was never delivered. Management could not be bothered. I will be looking for alternate employment in the very near future.
Cons
no consistency, no training