Bay Area Rapid Transit Employee Reviews

Cliquish and territorial
Train Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 28, 2017
If you fit in with the blue collar culture you might do fine their but if you look at all outside the norm, prepare for rudeness and bad television in the break rooms along with no conversation more interesting than sports talk
Pros
the money is pretty good
Cons
culture
A Professional and impressive work enviroment. Amazing teamwork.
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland,CAJanuary 16, 2017
I was proud to work for BART, I have worked for Bank Of America as Vice Presidetnt and for The City of Antioch. BART is a wonderful and professional place to be employed. BART has amazing and knowledgeable employee's and management, I would highly recommend if given the opportunity to work for BART, don't pass up such a great opportunity to work for a wonderful organization.
Management and Foreworkers don't care about harassment complaints.
Transit Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 4, 2016
This employer has managers that allows racial harassment, and bullying to happen. Which causes the employer to pay lawsuits.

The company memos they send out to their employees is just PR talk. When/if you have a real problem with being bullied, or harassed, the will unfairly, and unequally discipline you.
Pros
Good pay, and benefits.
Cons
Have to work with co-workers who don't want to get the job done.
great job, good co workers, great overall leadership through all levels of the company
Train Operator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 8, 2016
I work part time so my typical day at work is about 5 hours long I operate the train for about two and a half hours out on main line and then work in the yard for the remainder of my shift. All Train Operators have to pass a four month intensive Training class with a new test every week most tests need an 85% or higher if one does not obtain the 85% minimum needed to pass they will be asked to leave the program. And you never stop learning about the trains. Management is great so far same for the coworkers. multi tasking is the hardest aspect of the job. and I enjoy operating the trains its just like when you're a kid you like playing with toy trains now I get to play with real trains and get paid to do it.
Horrible working conditions daily
Elevator Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Lack of Inventory. Management over-lapse. Unsafe, unsanitary working conditions. Constant harassment by homeless loitering in stations,job sites.
benefits
pretty slow and repetitive but very friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2014
very friendly but also very slow and repetitive. work is the same as yesterdays and you are constantly filing.
Its a job heavy work,little satisfaction good pay and benifits
Transit Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Richmond shopJuly 3, 2014
production mode every project a rush to get done, challenging work,controlling personal,knowable,most user friendly,the work is dangerous at times, difficult and there is a lack empathy for the employees or their lives,the satisfaction of completing a difficult task
Pros
great benifits
Cons
dealing with mangement
Exciting new challenges every day
Mainline Tech (Former Employee) –  Everywhere there were tracksJanuary 23, 2014
This was my dream job, fixing big electric trains in the San Francisco area. I kept them running.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Dysfunctional management
Best Temp job to date
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 10, 2013
I did really enjoy working here. It was all business, very little drama.
Great place to work; job was redundant
Train Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 17, 2013
Typical day:check in with supervisor to obtain train and dispatch assignments
What I learned: Punctuality and reading other people
Management: Management has no flexibility
Co-workers: Messy, gossip, spread rumors, always involved in other peoples business
Hardest part of the job: Getting up early for work: my shift was 4am in the morning
Most enjoyable part of the job: Spending time alone on the train and the ability to self-reflect
Pros
Great benefits; 401(K); great pay; lots of overtime
Cons
Management has no flexibility
Great benefits
z/OS Systems Programmer/Peoplesoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 23, 2012
A typical day at work includes maintaining and trouble shooting TSM issues. Support the z/OS mainframe, including VPS and CICS. Performing PeopleSoft admin duties as required. I have learned TSM admin and PeopleSoft admin duties. Managment is new in our IT department within the past 3-6 months and are still gettin to know each other. My co-workers are easy and cooperative to work with. The hardest part of my job is that we are extremely under-staffed and it is hard for everyone to keep up with what is requried of them. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job and the benefits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long commute