Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.

Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Residential worker
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 7, 2016
Building relationships with mental health clients. Cooking for them and showing them how to become more independent. Keeping the work place clean was a routine.
Great clients at Bradston street Day Hab
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 7, 2016
Terrible Management, and a very high turnover rate. No room to grow. None of your opions matter. Poor communication skills from management. Staff is not valued! Racist at Bradston street Day Hab.
Very unorganized facilities
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Very unorganized company. They care a lot more about money than they individuals they serve. Staff are over worked and underpaid.
over night
Overnight Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2016
i was a over night residential counselor and it was the late nights i couldn't handle after a year the people was fun so were the guest
benefits
Cons
lat night
Love Bay Cove Human Services
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MADecember 26, 2015
My position at Bay Cove was a rehabilitation specialist, more commonly called worker or case manager, though our work was not managing cases as much as it was educating and rehabilitating people with mental health illnesses. I learned a great deal from BCHS and from the clients we served like conflict resolution, relationship building, medication management, emotional regulation, boundaries, problem-solving, etc. Management was exceptional as well as were my coworkers--from director to rehabilitation specialists. We worked individually and also came together as a team when needed. We worked from a persons strength and person in environment perspective. With that said, the hardest part of the job was to manage my own expectations of the clients, as they may not have the foresight to common problems in the environment. Overall, I could not ask for a better non-profit.
Pros
work/life balance, compensation, job security, and management
Simple requirements for the job but not everyone is held to the same standards
Housing Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2015
Give meds between7-9am, begin cleaning/ laundry for the house. serve lunch, dispense noon meds, complete laundry, serve snack, and complete daily shift log
Unreliable Administration
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South Weymouth, MANovember 4, 2015
In order for there to be a lack of communication somewhere, there would have to be communication to begin with. Unfortunately administration is scarcely present physically, and even when they are here they are not here mentally.
Pros
Opportunity to help others.
Cons
Poor communication, incompetent administration.
amazing directors
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
The Directors of the programs are very supportive and advocate for their employees. there are monthly meetings and they provide tons of training in serving the population that they serve. whether mental health or developmental disabilities. After working with the clients for awhile you form different bonds with them and they become comfortable.
Bay Cove
Mental Health Worker / Human Rights Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MASeptember 9, 2015
My typical day at work consists of interacting with people who suffer for Mental Health and Substance abuse issues. Working here is great the staff are all pleasant and we all have the same goals which is keeping our members safe.
Pros
Cons
No complaints
My review has been great.
Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2015
I love working for this company, I've been working there for the longest time. I love the clients and the staff. It's a good place to work
Great, team atmosphere working towards one goal
Rep Payee Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working for Bay Cove a great deal. My coworkers are wonderful people who care about making a difference in people's lives.
Can be rewarding with working with the disabled population
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2015
My starts at 7 am and I am not always home by 5 pm. I am on call 24 hours a day. I run two group homes for the developmentally delayed. I am in touch with guardians, medical providers, day programs and nursing staff. I oversee 17 staff at the program.
Pros
Get to work with disabled adults.
Cons
On call 24 hours a day with no exceptions BUT vacation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston maJuly 20, 2015
As a nurse assistant through out the day, I diligently provide client personal care with dignity and respect also including changing, toileting, feeding and laundry. I learn alot about working with my co-workers together as a team and also learning to be very patient with my clients. By working together my co-workers and i manage everything well. My co-workers are really helpful and we respect each other when ever theirs a problem they're always there to help. The hardest part of the job i would say is when trying to escort the clients out the building when we train for a fire alarm drill because most of them are in wheel chairs and they're arent enough staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i can help clients that are in need and also caring for them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellenct
Housing Support Worker (Current Employee) –  BostonJuly 7, 2015
Best company ever. Supervisors are very understanding. i will recommend Baycove to any body that needs a job. Their tution reembursement is amazing
One of the best Menal Health companies to work for in MA
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
Good employer with good employees who are willing to not only teach their fellow employees, but also to work together as a team.
Pros
Flexibility in vacation terms
Cons
Okay pay
productive
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2015
A good place to work. Good compensation and benefits. Good training and thorough employees' trainings and development
Pros
good benefits
Cons
needs more manament attention to employees
Not what I anticipated
Administrative Assistant for Day Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2015
The experience is isolating and physically and mentally draining. Also, I don't see myself growing with the company in the long-run
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No work breaks, management
Productive and fun work place
Medication Officer/House Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Baycove Human Services is a fun place to work. The main focus is to help Adults with metal challenges get quick recovery and become independent in life.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
health care expensive
Productive workplace
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Bay Cove Human Services is a very productive and fun workplace to work. It has a nice and clean environment. Co-workers are friendly and positively engaged in their jobs.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
lovely place
Residential Relief Counselor (Current Employee) –  812 Dorchester ma 02125March 17, 2015
This is a company that is always there for its clients and employees every step of the way. They are very involved in all aspects of getting the clients all that they need to help them thru the recovery process

Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. Reviews by Location