Bay Cove Human Services

Bay Cove Human Services United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Medication Officer/House Support (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: health care expensive
Baycove Human Services is a fun place to work. The main focus is to help Adults with metal challenges get quick recovery and become independent in life.
Productive workplace
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Bay Cove Human Services is a very productive and fun workplace to work. It has a nice and clean environment. Co-workers are friendly and positively engaged in their jobs.
lovely place
Residential Relief Counselor (Current Employee), 812 Dorchester ma 02125March 17, 2015
This is a company that is always there for its clients and employees every step of the way. They are very involved in all aspects of getting the clients all that they need to help them thru the recovery process
A leading human service agency in Boston serving individuals facing the challenges of developmental disabilities, addiction, mental illness & or aging
Cashier, Caregiver (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great client to staff relation.
Cons: not every home stayed clean
This is the most diversified and interactive Job that i have had so far. I loved my experience at Bay Cove Human services, The Clients were the people i was trying to help with their day to day living and upkeep. But the Clients were the ones who ended up touching my life and moving me to a more aware state of mind.
I loved coming in Every day not just to work, but to see how the lives of each client was improving as our partnership and bonds grew stronger. Bay Cove Human services puts the lives of their clients first and prioritize them. Making the clients feel like one of us, vs making the clients feel like they are one of them. And for that i commend and thank Bay Cove for such a wonderful experience that I have witnessed and lived, through my years working there as a staff.
good money
Respite Worker (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2015
This restaurant is a successful family-owned restaurant and continues to grow. I enjoy serving there very much.
The job assignments were very easy to do
Administrative Assistant - Intern (Current Employee), boston, maDecember 22, 2014
Management was complimentary of the work I did and co-workers were helpful
A good place to help other human beings
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 28, 2014
The most rewarding part of the job was getting to help the clients. You felt a sense of pride when you seen your clients excel.
Not a good company
HR (Former Employee), BostonOctober 11, 2014
The HR corporate team does not understand HR and cannot effectively support the company.
Strong teams of hard working people.
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 2, 2014
Private agency with state contract to provide community based housing support for individuals with schizophrenia.
dedicated workers
Housing Support Worker (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 13, 2014
Staffs are giving the best possible training to succeed. Workers are dedicated to their work. They assist each other whenever they need help.
a typical day at work
Family Partner (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2014
Pros: having pizza once a month
Cons: the health care benefit
A typical day at work is making phone call to cts parents offereing supports and making referals for home base ect... Everyday i am more amaze by what i learned from my cts ie.. mostly being patient and learning when to empathise and when not to. When one works in a mental health clinic you learn something new everyday. When i first started this job five years ago I never imagine that i would be able to manage so much in a day. But each day i priotize and now i able to manage time and re able to get everything done with the time given. I ma grateful to work with some of the most talented social worker who have learned so much from over the year. The hardest part og my job is when i am unble to help a family who is sometimes in needs of a family shelter or an 18year old who needs shelter, half of the time is the hour they are presenting but it's still hard for me to let go even after i leave work. The most enjoyable is when all my cts are able to get what they need and want those days are the most enjoyable days of my life because my ct get to sleep somewhere they get to eat and have piece of mind
If there was room for growth BayCove would have been a Career goal..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2014
Pros: intresting work environment....
Cons: no room for growth
I really liked working at BayCove but there was just no room for growth, and so i felt stagnant. I would love to find another position within the company but have not been able to do so..
Not So Bad
Community Clinician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2014
Pros: good people, nice time off, no issue having a family and working
Cons: weird management, tough to advance, pay stinks
When I left, I was happy, thinking goodbye to the poor pay and odd management. Actually, their time off benefits are terrific and it us a company of good people. They understood when people needed time off, etc. one thing I didn't like, even though I was part of it, was the management. It seems you don't have to be a good social worker to advance there, just stay for two decades. It is a battle attrition really. I also found that management is overly critical of their clinicians and often hire outside the organization to fill positions. They routinely fail here too, making turnover somewhat frequent. I wish they would just say thank you for the difficult work we do and not nickel and dime over interpersonal conflicts. We all work there to help the clients.

I do miss bay cove though and would consider returning if they paid better. it is an organization that puts the client first and it can be a rewarding place to work. No shortage of interesting characters at the higher levels. A good experience nonetheless.
Had to look for another company
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 19, 2014
Pros: right outside of mbta
Cons: low pay
The pay is very low, the management, two thumbs down. Offices make you feel claustrophobic
Great Career Start
Site Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 16, 2014
I was fortunate to have been able to work for this company for over three years in both case management and residential director capacities. Bay Cove is a very large non profit in the area and has a contract with the Department of Mental Health to serve adults with severe mental illnesses that are affiliated with the department. While a great part of my job in both positions was the relationship I built with my clients, the most difficult part was the overburdened department making it difficult to spend time with these individuals or keep them in programs for very long due to extenuating circumstances.
Very good place to work .
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2014
This company has great benefits and great people in management.
Great Company
MH Housing Support Worker & Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: lots of free time, work email, rewarding job, bonuses
Cons: sometimes eat lunch while working, stressful
Baycove is a great company to work for. Esp new grads!! This company really cares about its employees and takes good care of them. You have a lot of independence to work at your own pace as long as you meet deadlines. The hardest part is working in mental health can be very draining but if you have a passion for the field then this is a great place to start looking. Management pushes you to succeed and helps sign you up for more trainings that any company I have worked for before.
Relief Counselor
Relief Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2014
Assisting homeless residents with job search techniques and activities of daily living. Assisted employees with cooking and cleaning for residents. Prepared residents for transition from program to independent living.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Roslindale, MAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
Our days start with waking the individuals up making breakfast gibing a bed bath/shower packing lunch and cleaning up the bed rooms. Also would have to do everyday cleaning like sweeping and mopping the floors cleaning the bathroom and re-stocking the supplies. I learned so much threw baycove. I received my C.N.A threw them
good program with potential
case manager, mental health counselor (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 23, 2013
Pros: comfortable atmosphere, good team work
Cons: not enough tools or supervision to proceed
good program with room to grow and further potential. Leadership in management needs improvement. Staff and management need more communication to make this a successful program

About Bay Cove Human Services

Each year, Bay Cove provides effective, compassionate care to more than 20,000 individuals and families who face the challenges – Read more