Bay Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

No communication, get blamed for companies mistakes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 21, 2017
Expected to rely on hear say, but the bottom line is, its you arce on the line. Feel bullied if you have to ask for anything. No recognition, and alot of turn around in the company. Treated like cattle, they make it seem like you are important at first. In the end youre just a number.
Pros
Pay, coworkers are nice
Cons
Managment, dinosour technology, not treated like a human
Official response from Bay Federal Credit Union
April 26, 2017

Bay Federal Credit Union’s goal for all of our employees is that the time they spend here is worthwhile. We strive to help employees gain the skills and confidence that can lead to opportunities within the organization, and gain valuable experience that will benefit them at other companies. Each employee that leaves our organization participates in an exit interview, where we ask for their feedback on their experience here. We hope you were able to share some of these frustrations during your exit interview. We genuinely want to learn from your perspective, and encourage you to reach out to us with any additional feedback that will help us improve our organization. Thank you in advance for your time!

Good culture
Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Bay Federal Credit Union has a great culture. The credit union is growing so new opportunities will undoubtedly arise. Compensation could be better, but is compensated by good benefits.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  santa cruzJuly 30, 2013
great place to start a banking career learned the basics of banking. management was honest and credit union seemed to care about the community
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2013
Overall culture is great. Working for the COO was excellent.
Nice Institution
Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 6, 2012
I worked with NSF reports (non-sufficient funds). The hardest part for me was empathizing with the customers and not being able to reduce a lot of fees from bounced checks. I didn't like that part. It's that way with all banks though so I can't hold blame for Bay Federal for being any different.
Pros
always room for advancement
Cons
bank fees aren't waved enough for those who really just need a break
Wonderful place to work for!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAAugust 8, 2012
This place was the best place to work for. They value and appreciate every employee & member! I was layed off due to a reduction in force but otherwise I loved it and woulda stayed there forever!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4