Bay Medical Center

Bay Medical Center Employer Reviews

Bay Medical
Primary Nurse on a Medical/Surgical Floor (Former Employee), Panama City,FlJanuary 4, 2015
It was a great hospital to learn and grow as a nurse. I had great mentors in senior nurses there.
Productive and a fun place to work
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 15, 2014
Bay Medical Center provided me with all the essential tools I needed to perform my duties to the best of my abilities while making sure that patients received quality care.
Multi task - Productive enviroment.
Administrative Assistance/ front desk (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2014
Pros: professional and efficient enviroment
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work is very busy, the doctor is very much in demand. Mostly likely we learn some new about a patient. Co-worker are great to work with, very positive attitude.
trying work place
Clinical Support Associate (Current Employee), 5medOctober 16, 2014
hard work. management could be better. pay scale could be a lot better
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: employee benefits, opportunity for advancement, assistance with educational goals
Cons: compensation lower than other hospitals
Overall good management/leadership. People working in the hospital were friendly. Pharmacy manager and other pharmacists and staff were very friendly and got along well.
GREAT
Registration/Billing Representative (Former Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 12, 2014
Had a fun atmosphere and great co-workers. Challenging but rewarding work. Loved the work experience.
night shift nurse for more than 25 years
LPN (Current Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 4, 2014
arrive at around 630pm get report and meet my patients
my co workers experience range from 1 year or less to greater than 30 years
fun, teamplayers, no room to grow
Insurance Billing Rep (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: flex or semi-flex hours. healthcare, bonus posiblities, vacations
Cons: no healthcare, no vacations, nights & holiday/week-end hours
mostly repetitive work tasks with not a lot of challenges; coworkers are team players always willing to assist each other; immediate management has an open door policy and always is there to assist or direct employees as needed, upper management upper management isn't seen much as it filters information to employees through lower management personnel,
Director of Cardiovascular Services (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMay 13, 2014
I have learned a lot working here. I enjoy the people I work with and the physicians are great.
Great learning experience
LPN II Cardiac Floor (Former Employee), Panama City, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: great learning experience with good staff
Cons: very few breaks
A typical day was working daily with s/p CABG patients, s/p Cardiac cath patients, wound care, medication administration along with insulin. Disease process teaching, safety teaching.
many opportunities for experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMarch 12, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
intense long hours.
excellent co-workers.
new company
new upper management
As continue
Medical/Surgical unit as RN providing care (Former Employee), Panama City, Florida on Bay County.February 27, 2014
A typical day of work is to finish all the tasks applied based on requirements of the shift. Every RN learn lots of procedures, interventions and assessments on a very busy and sometimes challenging unit. Helping the others, and providing a great team work is a good sign for great outcome for unit. The hardest part is to deal with family member and make them satisfied all the time. The most enjoyable part is when patient's satisfaction rate is high and team supportive work create a warm and nice environment of care.
great place to work.
registered nurse circulator (Former Employee), panama city,flaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: payroll deduction
great place to work. love caring for patients. excellent teamwork
Productive and quiet
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: discounts on lunches and discounts on gift shop items
Cons: short lunch breaks
Great working environment, Good Directors to work for. A self driven position that managers and supervisors I had to work closely with.
Very well organize and drama free work place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 28, 2013
A day working at Bay medical Center is very much like a team, everyone pulls together to have better care for the patients. I've learned that you can learn something new everyday with having an open mind . My co-workers for the most part are helpful and professional. The most part I enjoy about my job is we are always proper staffed.
Worked on many units in hospital. I had great co-workers.
Clerical Support Associate (Former Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 27, 2013
Pros: beautiful place, made great friends
Cons: n/a
Very fast paced work. I love this environment. I worked with great team of nurses, nurse's aides. I had a great manager, she is fair and honest. I learned in this field of employment to be patient, have compassion, you must have a great attitude. multi-skilled, and a team player all the way. I have all these qualities. I have worked in healthcare field most of my life, in all my working career.
Sometimes it is very stressful, but that's where I like it. It is a challenge and rewarding position.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Publications Specialist/Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 23, 2013
In the five years that I worked at Bay Medical, I learned more about marketing than I could've thought possible. The experience was invaluable training for my next career move.
Social Worker and Case Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 14, 2013
Although the management went through several changes, working at Bay Medical Center was great.
I worked here before it was McClaren
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bay City, MINovember 13, 2013
The Lab was a great place to work. The only reason I left was that the old management, which is now gone, thought very little of us as employees. A direct quote " I can have monkeys from the street come in and do what you do."
hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 30, 2013
• Assisting up to 15-20 Patients at a time
• Taking vital signs
• Help with some medical procedures
• Assist patients entering or leaving their beds
• Assist patients walking
• Tidy patient's rooms
• Answer call lights
• Make beds
• Deliver messages
• Monitoring patients and reporting changes
• Collecting samples for testing
• Provide patient hygiene
• Feeding patients
• Monitoring food and liquid input/output
• 3-15 blood draws a day