Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews

A lot of experience to be gained but a extremely stressful environment
Emergency Dept RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2017
Responsible for full patient care ranging from minor scraps and abrasions to major trauma, cardiac arrests, respiratory distress, burns and drownings.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stress, management
Fun enjoyable job with go people
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Great job that's fun and enjoyable, but the management is awful and the job security is just as bad. Other than the management and job security its a great place to work.
ALWAYS short staffed
surgery (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Management does not care about you! Staff is all about protecting themselves and making them look good. Not much team work, it you're not in the click! Most surgeons are great but there are a few that are complete A**holes! This place does not give raises and they don't pay sh&t. Go to gulf coast!!
Pros
going home at the end of the day
Cons
management, wages, growth porential
Poor management, staffing constraints, large facility
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 1, 2016
As an experienced 25+ yr RN was very disappointed in overall experience. Poor leadership was just one of many problems. Any top managers were never seen. Unit manager was in meetings all day or "too busy" to address concerns. Staffing was constantly too low in SICU/MICU. Frequent assignment of 3 critical patients!! Trauma, postop etc. Hospital does not have a lift team or any advanced ergonomic equipment for safety. IV pumps etc out-dated & past biomed inspection dates. The nursing staff could not get thru the shifts if not for the teamwork amongst themselves. Good people, too few nursing assistants & BSNs.
Pros
Pay is appropriate for area
Cons
Poor benefits, toxic work environment
Hard working hospital provide CEU
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 11, 2016
Learned a lot in regards to procedures provided CEU all the time pay was good benefit package was good Not a friendly environment did not see DON since I worked nights also did not see nurse manager not a lot of positive feed back
Pros
very good learning hospital for a new nurse
Cons
too many bosses and not enough indains
great facility, I loved working with our team
Facilities Director (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 19, 2016
very busy all the time. Running a large hospital is like running a small city. We worked on all equipment found in a power house, plumbing from patient floors to discharge mains. HVAC systems up to 1000 ton chillers, emergency generators. I created both operations and capital budgets. My co-worker were some of the best workers in the world. we could handle in emergency that came up.
Pros
customer services programs were outstanding
Cons
no cons
unit secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I worked with Bay Medical before Sacred Heart took over. I really loved working there and wanted to expand my experience in the medical/dental field
Enjoyed coworkers and enjoyed rotating units i worked on
RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 30, 2015
I worked in the float pool which meant i was on a different unit all the time. I got ICU experience. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
commute was an hour and a half
Friendly employees and great work atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 23, 2015
The employees are very helpful when you are needing help. The work atmosphere is very calming. The staff makes you feel like you are part of a family.
Day at work
Unit Secretary/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 8, 2015
Throughly enjoyed my job at Bay Medical. My co-workers were like family. My avenues for growth and learning possibilities.
fun workplace
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 20, 2015
This job was a wonderful workplace. The management was great and the job itself was very rewarding. The staff is hard working and very team oriented.
diverse
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 19, 2015
learned alot about how to image trauma cases and intensive care unit imaging great environment great people to work with
Family Practice, Physician Services
LPN physician office (Former Employee) –  Panama CityOctober 4, 2015
Excited at first to be working with a major hospital in the area. That faded quickly. Although the physician I worked for was great, the manager was awful. Micromanaging, office manager not qualified to manage licensed stafff, super high turnover. Always a problem, working short, bickering and gossip. I would not recommend this to anyone. It is nothing like working in the hospital, too much politics and not enough positive work environment.
Pros
monday thru Friday with half a day off on Friday.
Cons
management, gossip
great place to work
CSA secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 30, 2015
management does not stand behind its employees as it should and they are understaffed at all times. we have a new CEO and he has not been here long enough to know how he will do.
Pros
good friends
Cons
breaks are not guarrenteed, sometimes it is hard to get someone to cover you if you need to move
A typical job
SURICAL TECHNOLOGY EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 23, 2015
I worked in different parts of the hospital overall this hospital was good to work for. It had its good and bad parts just like any other company does. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I had good managers who cared about the well being of their employees who had been there for a long time, they made sure we got our breaks no matter how busy we were even if it meant they didn't have theirs. Sad to say that those managers are not longer there since McLaren took over.
wonderful staff
CSA (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 16, 2015
I love the people I work with. The floor I am currently on are all team oriented. Everyone is willing to help when needed. I prefer to be able to help patients more then what my position now allows.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace, very poor management
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 9, 2015
My day starts very early, my days are pretty busy and not very long. My co workers are very hard workers and I absolutely love working with them. The biggest problem is they have very poor management and there is no room for advancement. I work very hard and make very little money for all of the responsibilities that I have. There is also no room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and the fact that they are very understanding if I have to be out with my son.
Pros
Fun Co Workers
Cons
Poor management
kept patients safe from self harm
Medical Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 2, 2015
I kept patients safe from falling or self harm. It was a very trying job. It was hard to watch what these patients had to go through, but it was also a very rewarding job at times.
They were a good company to work with.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 11, 2015
I basically included all my reviews under Anthelio as all three jobs I have listed were at the same site just under different company names.
Flexible work hours, good benefits, great people in my area
Medical Staff Specialist/CMECoord (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 8, 2015
Great co-workers, busy schedule, challenging position. I enjoy working with physician leadership. Job cuts created heavier workloads for those left on staff.
Benefits
Cons
Job cuts created difficulties, no assistance for the last many months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.