Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

unit secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I worked with Bay Medical before Sacred Heart took over. I really loved working there and wanted to expand my experience in the medical/dental field
Enjoyed coworkers and enjoyed rotating units i worked on
RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 30, 2015
I worked in the float pool which meant i was on a different unit all the time. I got ICU experience. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
commute was an hour and a half
Friendly employees and great work atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 23, 2015
The employees are very helpful when you are needing help. The work atmosphere is very calming. The staff makes you feel like you are part of a family.
Day at work
Unit Secretary/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 8, 2015
Throughly enjoyed my job at Bay Medical. My co-workers were like family. My avenues for growth and learning possibilities.
fun workplace
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 20, 2015
This job was a wonderful workplace. The management was great and the job itself was very rewarding. The staff is hard working and very team oriented.
diverse
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 19, 2015
learned alot about how to image trauma cases and intensive care unit imaging great environment great people to work with
Family Practice, Physician Services
LPN physician office (Former Employee) –  Panama CityOctober 4, 2015
Excited at first to be working with a major hospital in the area. That faded quickly. Although the physician I worked for was great, the manager was awful. Micromanaging, office manager not qualified to manage licensed stafff, super high turnover. Always a problem, working short, bickering and gossip. I would not recommend this to anyone. It is nothing like working in the hospital, too much politics and not enough positive work environment.
Pros
monday thru Friday with half a day off on Friday.
Cons
management, gossip
great place to work
CSA secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 30, 2015
management does not stand behind its employees as it should and they are understaffed at all times. we have a new CEO and he has not been here long enough to know how he will do.
Pros
good friends
Cons
breaks are not guarrenteed, sometimes it is hard to get someone to cover you if you need to move
A typical job
SURICAL TECHNOLOGY EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 23, 2015
I worked in different parts of the hospital overall this hospital was good to work for. It had its good and bad parts just like any other company does. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I had good managers who cared about the well being of their employees who had been there for a long time, they made sure we got our breaks no matter how busy we were even if it meant they didn't have theirs. Sad to say that those managers are not longer there since McLaren took over.
wonderful staff
CSA (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 16, 2015
I love the people I work with. The floor I am currently on are all team oriented. Everyone is willing to help when needed. I prefer to be able to help patients more then what my position now allows.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace, very poor management
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 9, 2015
My day starts very early, my days are pretty busy and not very long. My co workers are very hard workers and I absolutely love working with them. The biggest problem is they have very poor management and there is no room for advancement. I work very hard and make very little money for all of the responsibilities that I have. There is also no room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and the fact that they are very understanding if I have to be out with my son.
Pros
Fun Co Workers
Cons
Poor management
kept patients safe from self harm
Medical Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 2, 2015
I kept patients safe from falling or self harm. It was a very trying job. It was hard to watch what these patients had to go through, but it was also a very rewarding job at times.
They were a good company to work with.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 11, 2015
I basically included all my reviews under Anthelio as all three jobs I have listed were at the same site just under different company names.
Flexible work hours, good benefits, great people in my area
Medical Staff Specialist/CMECoord (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 8, 2015
Great co-workers, busy schedule, challenging position. I enjoy working with physician leadership. Job cuts created heavier workloads for those left on staff.
Benefits
Cons
Job cuts created difficulties, no assistance for the last many months
Hostile Work Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama CityMarch 20, 2015
You can do the same job somewhere else and be treated better.

The reason for my leaving Bay is that the working conditions in the Case Management Department are hostile. This is because of the Director of Case Management, who regularly and consistently yells at, humiliates and generally treats her employees badly.

The job itself isn't bad, except that because of management, the department is extremely short-staffed. People have complained to HR about the supervisor, but with no known action taken, they end up quitting. The job has you deal with insurance and do discharge planning for patients.
Pros
descent wages/benefits
Cons
short-staffed, treated badly by management
Monitor Tech
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 11, 2015
This was my first job out of High School in 1988 and I feel like I could go back in in to this field without skipping a beat kind of like riding a bicycle. I would really like to get back in the field I started out at years ago.
Lpn
LPN, Medical Specialist, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I worked on the Medical floor. I learned an immense amount of criteria from my co-workers, physicians and patients. Management was phenomenal. The hardest part of my job was leaving my patients at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the rewarding feeling of caring for someones family and knowing that I had a hand in their recovery.
Pros
co-workers, management, and benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts and weekend shifts
Bay Medical
Primary Nurse on a Medical/Surgical Floor (Former Employee) –  Panama City,FlJanuary 4, 2015
It was a great hospital to learn and grow as a nurse. I had great mentors in senior nurses there.
Productive and a fun place to work
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 15, 2014
Bay Medical Center provided me with all the essential tools I needed to perform my duties to the best of my abilities while making sure that patients received quality care.
Multi task - Productive enviroment.
Administrative Assistance/ front desk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy, the doctor is very much in demand. Mostly likely we learn some new about a patient. Co-worker are great to work with, very positive attitude.
Pros
professional and efficient enviroment
Cons
no benefits

4.2