BSY has an immediate job opening for the position of Production Administrative Coordinator. Every project in the yard is directed by a Project Manager, and the Production Admin. Coordinator will serve in a key role helping to facilitate those projects through various forms of administrative assistance as well as monitoring the progress of projects from small, quick turnarounds to major overhauls and refits.
Qualified Candidates for this Position Possess:
- Background in project management, education and training (4 year degree or equivalent) -
preferably in a construction, marine, or facility environment.
- Previous experience with contractual, financial and general administrative processes for projects
of significant size and complexity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Project-based work often entails work outside of standard business hours and days. Must be
capable of accommodating time requirement needs of yard. Occasional off-site work.
- A strong commitment to providing customer service and customer satisfaction at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with ship repair and/or boatbuilding is not required but is
- An ability to assess priorities and maintain attention to detail; thrive in a fast paced industrial
- An ability to persistently pursue busy Project Managers and others for required information.
- Exceptional competency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Competency in MS Project 2010 and the ability to create and maintain MS Project schedules.
- Utmost discretion when dealing with confidential material.
- Ability to work self-guided, for a variety of people on the production staff.
Key job responsibilities include:
- General Administrative support to Senior Project Management including budget related issues,
buyout of related materials, scheduling, and resources for project.
- Working with Senior Managers to ensure that projects are closely monitored and that project
documentation is accurate and timely.
- Employee related administrative duties.
- Coordination of optimum work flow between all departments.
We offer an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k) plan with profit sharing component, paid
vacations & holidays as well as health, dental and life insurance. If you are looking for an exciting career on the waterfront of San Francisco Bay, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply - fax, email or mail your resume to Human Resources. In addition, you must submit a completed company employment application (available under the “Employment” drop-down menu from the home page of www.bay-ship.com)
We seek candidates only from the greater San Francisco Bay Area region since no relocation benefits will be offered.