Bay State Community Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Incredible caring culture for staff and clients
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 22, 2017
Bay State has a culture like no other. They agency as a whole genuinely cares about all of their staff as well as al of the clients served. We are treated well as staff and are encouraged to utilize self care and seek supervision when needed.
Good company though clients can be difficult.
Supervising Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 5, 2017
I learned a great deal at Bay State. It is obvious that employers want to take care of their employees. I worked at one of the group homes and although it was a difficult population, I am proud to say I have worked with the company and clients. At the end of the day, it is not what I want out of a career but a great learning experience nonetheless.
Pros
Great coworkers, nice employers
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, difficult clients
Energetic and eventful workplace
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 8, 2017
Overall, Bay State Community Services is a wonderful company to work for, as they provided all the necessary training and have energetic and skilled employees. While there is no "typical day" working in a community based home, everyone is trained for whatever challenge might arise throughout the day. Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly are just two of the skills I have obtained in the time there. All of the supervisors are friendly, helpful, and incredibly skilled at what they do. Personally, I most enjoy working with the residents and investing in their lives. Although, the hardest part of the job is often handling crisis situations. In my time there, I have grown as a more independent, knowledgeable, and experienced Residential Counselor and value all that I have learned.
great leadership
contracted clinician (Current Employee) –  dedham maJanuary 12, 2015
great compamy love everything about the agency. ghreat HR great supervison great co-workers.
love working for this comapany stable leadership great addiction treatment programs
Safety, structure and support
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Residential work is challenging as a residential counselor - you are in the trenches with the adolescents each and everyday. Self-care and staff support are strong. It is important to have clear communication, maintain structure and firm boundaries in this setting. A CPI, non-violent crisis prevention, is taught regularly to keep both staff and residents safe in the house.
supportive fun place to work
Senior Clinician (Full-time to Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 25, 2014
busy outpatient clinic with great colleagues and interesting cases. Super learning environment.
Pros
lots of training and support
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 13, 2014
I love working for Bay State! There are so many opportunities for me to learn and grow in my field. And, my coworkers are amazing everyone works really well together and they are always available to help when you need it:)
Pros
My coworkers are amazing and I know that I am helping people!
No advancement possible
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAAugust 19, 2013
Company is not motivated to help itself. Hiring is based on cronyism and not quality or production of employee.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay State Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3