Bay Valley Foods Employee Reviews

This place is doomed by its own legacy.
Production (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2015
Cons: Long days, hours, commitments, little respect or rewards
Horrible upper management. Good old boys mentality. Immature work environment. This place will never change and you will not be able to change it. They will give you impossible goals with impossible time frames, don't believe me...good luck.
Friendly, team oriented
Utility/Multi-Machine Operator (Current Employee), North East PAMarch 31, 2015
I enjoy my job. I would enjoy it more if it was in a warmer climate. Management is easy to talk to and the pay and benefits are great.
N/A
Retail Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2015
I enjoy my job and the people I interact with. Good People, hard working, pleasant to be around. Constantly evolving and changing dynamic make up of organization.
cold and wet place to work.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 22, 2015
Not a great place to work. Co-workers were rude. It was a very boring job. Some of the people I worked with didn't have the best attitude. Job was not reliable, went out of business.
Excellent Company to grow at. Excellent Team of people.
Temp to Hire (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: non stop pace - which i actually thrived at
Team effort was the basis of this Company.
Enjoyed everyday interaction with the employees and Management. Learned many new office skills while getting paid.
I would highly recommend this Company if you are interested in working here.
You will be but a pawn in the game
Never mattered (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 13, 2014
Pros: company store where the subpar soup and baby food is sold for cheap.
Cons: culture
Your work ethic and dedication will mean nothing to corporate. The overall goal of TreeHouse Foods is to maximize the stock price each quarter. No regard for the overall needs of individual production facilities or the employees therein. Be prepared to do the work of three people. As employees leave at the factory level, work is divided between those who remain, however that doesn't stop corporate from hiring more directors and executives or secretly promoting from within or bringing their "buddies" on board; extremely top heavy company. Poor corporate infrastructure to support individual business units, grey corporate policies that don't translate to the factory level, discrimination, and gross abuse of travel and related expenses by corporate are just a few of the negatives that will make you question why you continue to partake in the struggle at the factory level.
good pay
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Dixon, ILNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not valued at all
Good paying job. Upper management does care about there employee's. High turn over rate in management. If you don't agree with upper management you will not be there long.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Faison, NCOctober 1, 2014
bay valley foods is a great place to work even tho it was just a seanonal job they work you hard enough to take no job as a joke
dirty poor management no team work
Multi-craft Machine Technician (Former Employee), Wayland, MISeptember 2, 2014
poor safty, no team work, BAD ENVIROMENT,UNION SHOP WITH NO REPS
Productive and fast paced.
Supply Chain Specialist, Category Planner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2014
It is a busy and fast pace day. Fun co-workers.. I have learned a great deal of excel and computer skills. Co-workers are fun and helpful.
Fast paced, productive workplace
Quality Assurance/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pecatonica, ILAugust 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Each day would start with a clear understanding of the days workload and what to expect. The workplace was fast paced, so it helped to be a motivated, self-starter. Generally speaking, if someone had a problem, others would pitch-in to help.
a very nice place to work.
crew leader (Former Employee), Mendota, ILJune 22, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: short breaks
always get along with my co workers, friendly with people..
It is a very challenging place to work
Maintenance/Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMay 13, 2014
Pros: it is employment
Cons: micromanaged
1) Busy/hectic
2) The Plant Manager micromanages everything
3) Blames anyone else for their mistakes/shortcomings
4) My maintenance men are a hard working crew. They will go out of their way to solve/fix problems
4a) The production personnel are not trained and cause at least 50% of the downtime
5) Fixing machines without parts.
6) I make a difference
Bay Valley Foods
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Bay Valley Foods was a wonderful work environment. The team, as well as management, were very personable, always willing in help and make coming to the office everyday exciting. Each day brought a new challenge. The job itself engaged you in every aspect. I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone.
Versitle and Growing abilities with in the company
Label Clerk (Current Employee), Faison, NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great benifiets
Cons: slow winter seasons
Bay Valley Foods is a private owned billion dollar company with great quality and productive name.
Bay Valley Foods is the largest retail producer of Non-Dairly Creamer
Warehouse/Vacation Relief (Former Employee), Pecatonica, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good pay & benifits
Cons: sometimes big work load
Very good employees to work with. Everybody works hand & hand. Can be very busy sometimes. Employees will help out each other.
Good Environment
Food Technologist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: communication between r&d, finance, and marketing.
Bay Valley was a great place to work, but my assignment was cut short due to the financial standing of the company. A typical day could include running a batch or two in the pilot plant and then heading back to the office to catch up on paperwork for other projects as well as formulation changes for others. During my time there I learned a lot about seeing projects from the preliminary stages in the lab through plant scale ups, as well as first production. Travel was necessary for much of the plant scale up, as there was limited capability in the home plant. While traveling, most of the day consisted of time in the plant monitoring production and overseeing testing of product as it came out of retorts.
busy at times
Cannery Worker (Former Employee), Faison, NCDecember 8, 2013
Pros: mostly everything
Cons: night shifts, staying cool and awake
1). A typical day at work: Very hot environment.
2). What I have learned: Inspected Food Products For Shipment.
3). Management:Okay
4). My co-workers was somewhat okay
5). The hardest part of the job was keeping cool and staying awake on nights.
6). The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Productive, chalange
Sales Range (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good salary
Cons: excevive aumont of hours, no communication in the department
A Typical day at work is fast, I am able to learned how a manufacture runs and understand the needs of productions X Quality . My co-worker are very nice and helpful, but the hard part of my job is the missing communication between management and employee and the excessive amount of hours worked . In the other hand been in contact with all the employes and work in the Quality Assure department is very grateful.
Work is Work
Seasonal Blender Checker (Current Employee), Faison, NCAugust 14, 2013
Pros: it's a pay check
Cons: not enough pay, conditions are hot
Wouldn't recommend. The job is seasonal. Pay-cuts have been enacted, so it is very hard to get a raise.