Bay Valley Foods Employee Reviews

Producer of private label salsas.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Challenging work with schedule changes makes the day go by fast. Planning is very important. Management did not care for the people, too much micromanagement. Dealing with difficult schedules, a micromanager was the most difficult, and being short handed as well.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, short staffed, too many hours, process design is terrible
Great place and people to work with
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Great job . Enjoyed working with co-workers. Everyone did their fair share of work. Management was very easy to talk to and they listened.
Pros
Great benefits and company parties
Cons
N/A
Productive work place with friendly people.
A-rate machine operator (Former Employee) –  Northeast paJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work. Had no problems with any of the people that worked there. Fast pace work environment. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Maint Mech
Maint. Mech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2016
Long hours, No AC in building so it is very hot! Work seven days a week during summer. working on worn out equipment that was installed poorly.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Productive and laid back but no authority , job advancement, and no benefits.
Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pecatonica, ILMay 7, 2016
I worked at Bay Valley Foods full-time (less than 3 years)

Pros

pays well, location is good

Cons

No mentorship, promotions are a popularity contest
No work life balance, constant fires and urgent requests
limited benefits
very fun workplace that keeps you busy
Sterilizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work is maintaining a assembly line. I learned how to Sterilize food products at this job. Management is nice people but has high expectations but does not have the proper tools to reach the expectations. Coworkers are nice people whom I never had a problem with. Hardest part of the job is working rotating shifts but the pay makes up for it so overall this was my favorite job.
Pros
great pay, great work enviroment, and a very acomplished company
Cons
you never know when your next off day will be but the pay makes up for it
Productive/Team players
Production line crew (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 28, 2016
Bay Valley foods was a fun place to work. My day consisted of working on the production line with other co workers and finding our pace together while keeping it positive through the work place. Management was wonderful and listened to feedback from co workers. The hardest part of the job was when the factory went under and we all had to leave. Having to leave my job that I loved was very difficult for me.
Pros
Breaks, Great managment, Great Co-workers
Cons
No Hollidays off
Fast paced work environment, Kept me on my toes.
Factory Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303August 28, 2016
I would come in to work from 4pm to around 3am. I was in charge of preparing my machine and reviewing the products we would be processing that shift. My job was to make sure the labels were applied correctly and swiftly so that product could run on the conveyor belts continuously without damage or waste. The hardest part of my job was to find the source of the problem when the machine went haywire. But with training and patience, I was able to locate problems and prevent them with preparations. Communicating with management and tips from mechanics helped me a lot.
Cons
pickle factories are messy.
overall great place
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCApril 19, 2016
I learn to work with people that enjoy doing the same things i like. It was a challenging job and very interesting. we had great benifits and the pay was great
Start up at 5:30 am
LINE LEADER - MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2016
Receive the work orders from supervisor for the day. Turn on the computer screens to 5 machines and then adjust the box size, enter all information needed for the run on an order. Adjust the stencil on the box and verify all information is correct before making any runs. All this must be done on all five presses before 6:10 am when production starts running. Before the first case goes through, I must verify the label is the same as the stencil on the box and also that the upc code is the same as well as expiration code.
Pros
1/2 hour lunch great coworkers and good team leaders
Cons
lack of communication from supervisors to team leaders to workers in a timely manner

Want to know more about Bay Valley Foods?

Ask a question
Productive fun work place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2016
Depending on what color you are determines if you pass your probation period... They have new supervisors who do not know what their doing . Management sucks....
Pros
Work is easy employee are great
Cons
Supervisor are not fair when it comes to color
awful
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 16, 2016
All the management cares about is getting product out and nothing about the employees. I've never worked for a company that does not care for there employees this much.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent break and lunches
Fast pace and
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  North East, PANovember 4, 2015
My typical day at work is very busy. I learned new tasks every year. I like working with all the co-workers. The company have a lot of managers turnover that lead to departments' staff to loose their job. I had 4 difference managers since I worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they paid for my college and I get to learn new tasks.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Job Security
receiver
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  North East, PADecember 29, 2015
great benifits great people to work with. new management is terrible. they go thru plant managers like water and nobody respects office personell unless they have a good amount of seniority
production of product was interesting
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  North East, PAAugust 19, 2016
I worked 3rd shift, it was busy in keeping everything clean. I learned a lot about how to handle chemicals. My supervisor was very fair in overseeing our work. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was working a night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning out the different dressings and how they were made.
Pros
free dressing samples
Cons
3rd shift
Great place to work for temporary positions.
Scale House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCJuly 19, 2016
I've worked there every season since 2012 and the job is great as for being a temporary employee. I just wish that they would hire full time, especially the workers who have worked year after year in tempory positions.
Pros
2 ten minute breaks and 1 thirty minute break.
Cons
The sadness of some employees tat need a permanent job, but is laid off at the end of every season after faithfully working year after year.
Great place
Quality Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INNovember 14, 2016
environment isnt bad, cool, place firendly people alot of paperwork little time to learn but it isnt bad at all I enjoy working here unfortunalty the hiring is on the downlow since im only seasonal
Good workplace
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCOctober 17, 2016
Good and easy work! Nice employees very helpful courteous! Good supervisors GREAT team work and effort! Reasonable starting and ending times! Id definitely noose bay valley as a place of work again!
Very difficult upper management staff to work with and for.....
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 18, 2012
I worked second/third shift with production and sanitation crews. I worked a 12-14 hours shift, and sometimes longer. I learned that I really enjoyed working with people while in a leadership role. I was in management for about a year and a half while at Bay Valley. I worked very well with the other supervisors. The hardest part of the job for me was my hours changing almost weekly. I consider myself flexible, but at times I was expected to come in on first shift and that was very difficult for me to plan around. It wasn't that first shift was a problem, but it was more that I had my personal life set up around being on nights. I thought the most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
unreasonable hours/shifts.
Management was not very good but I enjoyed working with my coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 11, 2013
Bay Valley Foods is overall a good place to work if the management team was better it would have been an awesome place to work. I checked in drivers, checked out drivers, printed bills of lading, scheduled appointments. The hardest part of the job was satisfying the managers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the drivers, customers on the phone and my coworkers.
Pros
We were able to purchase grab boxes for a reduced price
Cons
Healthcare benefits were not that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Valley Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9