Bay Valley Foods Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INNovember 15, 2017
Management is awful. They are rude unprofessional and very unorganized. I wouldn’t advise anyone to work there. None of there machines operate properly. There equipment is old and out dated
Pros
Breaks
Good Place
Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
The workers tried hard to work to get things done with what they had but the atmosphere was good and the people was nice to work with. The other supervisor were nice
Productive workplace
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCOctober 21, 2017
Overall the company was quite pleasant to work for. The pay was good although you had to work lots of hours. Managers and line leaders were good to get along with. Experienced employees were good about helping if you had any questions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours during green season
Vary good place to work
Tank yard forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth lnd. 46563October 18, 2017
Like working there but they are closing down but it is fun and you got a lot of things to lean in the tank yard. I have to take care of 110 tanks. Dump on the lines, take samples to the lab. Unload trucks make sure everyone is doing the job right and properly. Unload green stock into the tanks to make pickles and unload cumbers out of the Simi trailer with pump's and water into a pit. Then you have to put them into white bens. Then I got to take it to production for they can run the product.
Pros
They buy lunch about once a month
Cons
Closing down
It was a good job, but was a hard work shedule.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INOctober 7, 2017
A normal day at work consist of stacking boxes on to a pallet. One thing I learned over time is to always check my work schedule because it can always change. We worked in a pickle factory and the hardest part of the job was working with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people everyday.
Pros
Easy work and meeting new people.
Cons
Short breaks and messed up schedule
fun
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INSeptember 28, 2017
I just loved working here, but sadly the factory was closing, so I had to go out and find a new job. Bay Valley paid really great for what they make the employees do for the business.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
productive
DESK AND Billing CLERK (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2017
very busy environment, I work with so many different people which in turn taught me to cope with soo many different situations with many different personality
Pros
good benefits
Good experience
Martial handeler (Former Employee) –  5310 Enrique M Barrera Pkwy san antonio tx 78227August 24, 2017
Good place to work, enjoyed working for the company worked long hours. Had good benefits for employees and family. As well as dental and vision. With a 401k plan.
good place to work
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 9, 2017
It is a great job to work for with a diverse atmosphere. I have no complaints of this job nor the people I work with. I would recommend this place to anyone really looking for a job that is Union backed!!
Pros
Learning a forigen language
Cons
They are shutting down.
Factory worker.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 7, 2017
I was either working a line packing the pickles, or doing rework. Also learned how to mix the brine. Management was really good. Hot but friendly. Working long hours at night. Enjoyed working at this place, but unfortunately they are closing.

Want to know more about Bay Valley Foods?

Ask a question
Very poor work conditions
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCAugust 7, 2017
6 days a week, 10 hours shifts, 80+ degree work evironment, this was not a fun job to have but with those hours you were able to make a decent paycheck each week
Production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 13, 2017
It's a good company to provide an opportunity for non experience people to gain production experience. Management-line leads should have more training to provide a better experience for production workers under them. Work place over all, is a good company to work for.
Cons
Advancement
Hard work kept me healthy, but alot of stress.
wrap operator, and sanatation (Former Employee) –  North East, PAJune 5, 2017
Ran 3 machines at a time showing multitasking skills, Wrap machine, box printer, and palletizer. Ran computer to license each pallet for inventory, marked each pallet for knowledge of what warehouse each pallet went. Made sure conveyors ran smoothly through machines, and in between machines.
Pros
Two bottles of salad dressing per day
Cons
stressful, fast paced.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INMay 22, 2017
I enjoy working there but the time change from my house is a killer. I drive 1 hour to work and it is to far for me. I miss my family time with all the driving back and forth
Pros
good people and clean
Cons
cutting hot peppers to package
Very tough working environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Home officeMay 1, 2017
Going through many changes. Very stressful. Not a teamwork type of environment. Structure of the company is constantly changing. No concern for what is best for the the employee.
Great
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time. I enjoyed working with my team members/crew the most. I was very dependable and always there to train an employee each and daily.
Product is still good but employees not as happy
Warehouse Associate/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2017
When the company was VanDeWalle Farms, the management mingled with employees on floor. They took an interest in how things were going. Very hands on. Quality was utmost importance.
Under latest management, it's a business of Quantity over Quality at any cost.
Pros
Enjoyed the people and work hours
Cons
Safety precautions not always taken
Factory production and QC/QA
Temp Labor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 6, 2017
Familiar with most activity in factory production. Started as temp in 2013 and worded on palletizers 2,3 and 4. In 2016 worked on QC/QA department and did routine QC inspection on food product. Tested for metal and plastic in food product. Generated reports for specs on count per jar and calculated average weights and counts.
Pros
food industry
Cons
non union temp
Not a good place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2017
Job would be tolerable but a lack of respect from lower management personnel. Difficult to maintain good physical health, sleep patterns are poor, when the job demands 6 days a week, every week, intermittent layoffs and shut down of the plant, unpredictable daily work schedule, never knowing when you will start or plan anything in your personal life in advance; not even a doctor appointment or dentist. Union Local 23 no help, can't negotiate, Lower management has poor leadership skills. Management does not give a rats azz about its labor force...only time off you get is calling in sick and that creates a progressive discipline.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
terrible scheduling of work and time, intermittent unplanned layoffs
Just a normal person
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INFebruary 19, 2017
I am learning that people are not very patient with others that have learning disabilities but we need to make a living like everyone else