We're growing and looking to add to our Brokerage Division based in Eagan, MN. As a Logistics Specialist, you’ll be part of a team helping customers source capacity for their shipping needs. In this role, you will build carrier relationships and negotiate with them for daily equipment availability and service requirements. You will be working with team members implementing solutions for both established, as well as prospective customers.
- Phone and e-mail contact with carriers to solicit available equipment.
- Register shipment status information into our computer system and communicate service updates our customer service team.
- Negotiate rates and service with carriers.
- Issue complete, accurate and timely load confirmations to the carrier(s) on each shipment.
- Work cooperatively with team members on sharing available carrier capacity information.
- Provide pricing feedback to Pricing Manager to allow accurate rate guidelines for operations and sales staff.
- Comply with carrier screening and compliance policies.
- Provide back-up to fellow team members as needed.
- Assist in training new team members.
Required Experience and Education:
- College degree or a combination of experience in logistics/transportation industry.
- Freight broker experience.
- Refrigerated or flatbed experience a plus.
- Strong computer user skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature.
- Enthusiasm and high energy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to resolve problems.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading national transportation and logistics company, look no further! We offer a great salary, monthly bonus and great health & welfare benefits.