Bay and Bay Transportation Employee Reviews

They use a big stick and a little carrot
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 5, 2017
Employees are leaving. They treat employees very poor. Upper management knows about unacceptable behavior of the former director of operations and current director. Allows the bad behavior to continue and pushes quality people out the door. Terrible working conditions. They only know how to motivate with threats.
Good idea, wrong execution
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNAugust 2, 2017
When I first went to orientation (30 yr OTR) the company sounded great. I was an owner op. After being there for a few weeks the "driver manager" aka dispatch turned out to be a total pr***. Left me sitting in Chicago many times when he knew exactly when I was delivering or picking up. Tried several times to get me to run overtime when my logs had run out. Company has the right idea but the employees in charge of the drivers just don't care about you unless you kiss their butts. Even then it doesn't work to your favor. Many times dead heading and many unpaid miles.
Pros
Great freebies
Cons
driver managers stink
Going under
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 31, 2017
Company is on the verge of going bust , drivers are leaving in droves and the recruiters can't hire fast enough cause they are paying the drivers 1980 wages.

The owner is a very nice guy but the people that he has running the company on a day to day basis are retreads fired from other companies.

Lately employees fear for their jobs as every day they send emails saying so and so no longer works there and to keep a positive spin on it so people don't see the turmoil.

Insurance is over 1100.00 a month for family coverage for garbage coverage at that.
Cons
Insurance costs 1100 a month
co lease is bad
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNMay 26, 2017
company lease program needs to be changed and camera in side truck make some driver uncomfortable it is a violation of privacy they say they care about driver But what i seen they do not care about nothing except themselves
Pros
good equipment
Cons
lease program is the worst
Work as a driver
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 25, 2017
If you work for Bay and Bay dont plan to stay for long. Either the workload will get you, the fact you have to work from home most nights, or the lack of communication will. If you are going to work for this company do so as a driver
Family Orientated
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNMay 1, 2017
Always got me home to take care of home business, which took away some of the stress of being away for long periods of time. The staff was easy to communicate with.
Fun Place to work!
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Great company that appreciates their employees! I was able to start a transition fleet and grow it. Your hard work will not go unrecognized.Opportunities to grow are endless.
very good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 30, 2017
company at the high level,
friendly people, providing work,
family atmosphere as with the
right equipment/ new trl/
truck service
and road service
a big help when help is needed on the road in a different state
Pros
awards for accident-free and safe driving/bonus, gift cards/
Cons
an appreciation week/free breakfast, lunch and dinner/
Solid organization
Flatbed/Specialized Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 13, 2016
Great people, beautiful facility, Overall very satisfied with company. Turnover seems to be a minor issue, but what company doesn't have that these days?
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Company vision
Wondeful place to work for.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 25, 2016
Bay and Bay Transportation was derived from a family oriented business. They started as a very small business and grew to be a great contender in the industry today.
Great Place to Work
Director of Logistics Operations (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 17, 2016
When I started at the company a few years ago, we had less than 10 people in our logistics division. Today we've got around 70. We keep growing, adding customers, adding people, improving process. If you like working in an office full of people who enjoy what they're doing and who have fun thrilling Customers while working as a team, this is an awesome place to be.
Best Trucking Company
Class A OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 12, 2016
I have to say working for Bay & Bay was the best job I've ever had. As a whole the best Trucking Company. I always think back to my days with Bay & Bay and smile.
Pros
Great Trucking Company
Cons
some time get a few good things
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Start the day whit a positive attitude to get the maximum efficient at work.Trying to do the best you can to solve any inconvenience .
same as all otr co's
cdl-A truck driver (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 20, 2016
p/u loads drive to receivers-get unloaded wait for next load and do it again every day-go to different places all the time
Pros
freedom out on the road
Cons
getting treated bad at shippers and receivers
Basic Operation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2015
Vehicle Check For Mechanical Safety, Apptopriate Procedures For Transporting goods,Fleet Manager Dispatch,Work W/Coworker And Customer On A Professional Level,Checking And Cleaning some Trl. Del And Geting Started Again.
Cons
They very good playing with drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  gaJuly 8, 2015
If you want to make $400 a week . They will play you and your time . I will never recommended this company to any one . New Cdl driver to get your experience maybe you work for them one month and join other company or find local delivery jobs likes MacLaine , coke or Pepsi
Cons
A great place to work and good people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, CAApril 16, 2015
MY DAY AT WORK . IF U LIKE THE SAME ROUTE EVER DAY .

WHAT I LEARNED-- As a driver always be ready for anything to happen at anytime ..

Management -- good people too work with

CO- WORKERS WHEN I NEEDED THEM FOR ANYTHING THEY WOULD PULLOVER MAKE SURE I WAS OK. THANKS

Hardest part of job -- not much at all i love driving

Enjoyable Part ---- being outside all the time
Pros
na
Cons
na
A Horrible Company for Drivers.....
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosemount MnMarch 8, 2015
I was a CDL Class A driver for Bay and Bay during 2014 and 2015....the managers at this company use accounting fraud tricks to rob drivers so that all of the drivers are paid 25 cents per mile. They use a driver accounting system that they call "P3" - P3 is nothing but a negative-balance escrow accounting system where they keep your driver pay account in a negative-balance state so that your net paycheck is kept below $300 / week . The trick they use is to never give you more than 1,800 miles a week - then at the end of the week they tell you "Oh - gee, you should have driven at least 2,800 miles this week - but you didn't !! - so we're going to have to keep your driver balance account NEGATIVE - therefore we can only pay you 25 cents per mile, ie, $400 / week.........they do this to ALL the drivers - especially the lease-purchase drivers. Their trailers break down every week - when the trailers break-down they don't have any spare trailers for you, so you're stuck for days waiting at truck stops until the find you a trailer ! - ........IT'S A TRULY SICK COMPANY FOR DRIVERS - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BAY AND BAY........you wind up leaving simply because you can't afford to make $300-$400 / week......FIND YOURRSELF A MUCH BETTER TRUCKING COMPANY!!!
Pros
the only pro for this company is if you never waste your time here....
Cons
Drivers make $300-$400 / week because they keep your account negative
Enjoy driving for the company except for the E-log.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 5, 2014
The dispatcher is very good at taking care of his drivers in giving them runs to suit them.
Pros
reward for safe driving
Cons
E-log.Too much wasted time and not being compensated for it.
The owner of this company gave to much power to his employees whout any reguard to his most valuable assetshis drivers
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNMay 2, 2014
As usual; like most trucking companies,this one started out nice.But i have learned that the people that work at these trucking companies,(the driver mangers) can make life good for those they favor or know,And very bad for others.management or professional,attitude was not adhered to, or taught t.here .A more circus like ,or If you don"t like it you can leave attitude existed,abundantly. The more desirable drive to locations were given to friends and relatives, They talked to their drivers like they were children. Not all were bad just a few.Its a very good comp[any to work for, if you're of Caucasian descent.
Pros
pizza for everyone during orentation, plus room and board
Cons
good benifits after 90 days plus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay and Bay Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5