BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

productive and eductational job
LPN (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNAugust 29, 2015
I have learned how to take care of many children with many disabilities. I teach parents and other nurses how to care for each child with each individual care plans. Its wonderful to watch the babies grow up and grow out of some of the breathing problems.
Horrible place to work..
HHA (Former Employee), Essex, VTAugust 28, 2015
Cons: No breaks, lots of travel, no flexibility, over worked
Hours are not consistent-I went from working almost 40 hours down to 22. At that point I was pretty much working for gas. The pay was ok but could have been better considering all the things your expected to do and the travel. Inconsiderate management-I would request time off in advance and it would go unrecognized. I never got any pay raises, which I was told I was getting.
High energy
NURSE AIDE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Work with children
Exciting career working with pediatric patients. I get the opportunity to work with children of all ages. I assist with feedings, baths, and light housekeeping og the client's area. I occassionally will occupany the client and their parent to their appointments, and/or therapies. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on my client's faces and feeling the overwhelming joy that I am part of their recovery.
Positive Culture, Room for Advancement, Never Enough
On-Call Nursing Manager (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Poor precepting, No Positive Feedback
I worked harder then I ever did for any other company and I was still made to feel it was not enough. Since I was salaried, some weeks I'd work 60 hours while others just 40 (never less then 40). I was ostracized for spending 30 minutes in a store shopping, during my "scheduled work time" even though I had started working that day at 5:30am and it was now 4:00pm. I pushed my self until I realized I would never be able to maintain the constant feverish action they required.
I did appreciate the education and the attempt at improving the overall culture. Difficult to appreciate it without the time.
Enjoyed meeting new people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Eden, NCAugust 23, 2015
I really enjoy that I was able to meet new people. I had to take on about 3 or more clients at one time to make a full time work schedule.
Great Opportunity for New Graduates but very stressful day to day
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Comission if you do well, Lot's of food for office parties
Cons: day to day stress
As an Associate or Client Services Manager you can expect a typical day at work to be very busy and hectic at times. The hardest part of the job is dealing with last minute call outs and unsatisfied clients. It is a great opportunity for an entry level job and the company does offer perks for offices that do well; but you can expect to work hard every day. Also, since it is healthcare company you are still expected to go to work if there is a snow storm or bad weather.
cool.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTAugust 18, 2015
Good place to work. I recommend them to anyone looking for flexible hours. Good staff, and the clients are a pleasure to work with.
Great company culture and endless opportunity.
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Westfield, New JerseyAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Endless opportunity and great culture.
Cons: Hard to maintain work life balance due to nature of business.
My typical day begins at 8:30am and ends at 5:00pm. I work along side a team composed of clinical and administrative professionals. I enjoy my co-workers, but the hardest part of the job is the 141 mile commute I have been doing daily.
If you work in the field it is an ok place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Good pay if in the office
Cons: No job security and the management is very unethical
There is absolutely no job security in the office. The bosses like to play "games" with you, then terminate you for no good reason. No matter how good you are, if you do not fit in with the "click" they will, of course, after they have played some head games terminate you. One of the District managers claims "young people should be out in the field, not in the office". Highly stressful and not worth the worry.
Poor orientation and management
RN (Former Employee), Marriottsville, MDAugust 12, 2015
Pros: I wanted to be a home health RN
Cons: precepted me with LPN not RN, no orientation goals made clear, horrible benefits, cheap company, gossip, would not listen to the issues I was having in order to help me, "The Bayada Way" I never saw in anyone
No life/work balance, no orientation program, no goals set for orientees, very difficult to learn from their preceptors. Tried to request changes to help me succeed, management refused. They promised me many things to get me to take the position, then after I accepted the position, they changed everything they told me. They promised certain benefits, then after being hired, I found out the benefits were not the same as promised. I truly wanted to succeed, however, they had no orientation process/goals, and had me as an RN orient with an LPN, whose job was completely different then an RN in the company. Documentation until 3am on first week. They did not show me the computer system, said I had to learn on my own. As a new nurse coming into home health, which they knew, I had less than 2 months orientation with an LPN, not RN, to learn everything. I quit to save my liscense or be audited and charged with medicare fraud by not filling out documents appropiatley from no orientation. The preceptor asked ME what I wanted to do each day, instead of telling me so I could progress. The director would not speak to me in private without the preceptor, would not change the preceptor, then said I should have acheieved all these goals, of which I had no idea because they never told me. I truly wanted to succeed, but they had not set orientation program for a new nurse. They were more interested in gossip all day at the office instead of helping orient me.
Independent
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: meeting elderly and gaining knowledge
Cons: Its not promised 40/week
If you enjoy working alone in the field with no coworkers this is the place to be in the healthcare. This job allowed me to gain knowledge about the elderly community.
Company with positive reputation that provides flexibility
RN PRN assignments (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: sometimes work is not available
I work at various healthcare organizations, most recently at a wound care center and adult day care. Both positions are very interesting and require flexibility, adaptability and ability to get along.
At the wound care center, I assess new and returning patients, identify the type of wound, photograph and measure the status of wound(s). Wound treatment is determined by or in collaboration with the physician. Wound treatments include compression, wound vac, and total contact cast.
Responsibilities at the adult day care centers include scheduled clinic visits, triaging, assessments, wound care, scheduled injections and home care visits.
At both locations, staff are professional and work is done collaboratively and everyone works as a team. The most difficult part at the wound center is ensuring patients are seen in a timely manner based on their appointment times. At the day care, it is learning the names, personalities and medical history of the 100+ participants.
Flexible, Good pay
Therapy Field Staff - Home Health (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 6, 2015
Pros: continuing ed, supportive staff, team approach, mileage reimbursement, guaranteed hours, flexible, good compensation
Cons: do your own scheduling, things can change rapidly, extra work at home sometimes with prep for week/creating HEP, calling clients, etc; nature of home health aspects (dirty homes, i.e.), cover large territory
Great for people who don't mind having your schedule change suddenly and not always able to plan ahead, need to be adaptable and able to "roll with it". Things can happen, such as client goes to ER before you show up to house, etc. Enjoy most aspects of the job except for extra time calling people to re-schedule/ call doctors when things go wrong, especially when helping cover other people who are on vacation.

Enjoy helping those clients who want to be helped. Overall, most days manageable and reasonable, occasional crazy days such as when someone goes to hospital or go to house and they are not there. Management fantastic, office staff supportive and easy to reach, excellent orientation/training and ease into full case load, paid for team meetings and required training either online or in person to make you better at your job.

Overall, quality company, just nature of home health that has some aspects that are less than desirable, but again nature of home health (status of some homes, clients who smoke, client's who don't follow instructions, non-compliance, sudden schedule changes, etc.)

If missing visits end of week can do audits, guaranteed full time.
ITS AN OK PLACE TO WORK
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: PATIENTS
Cons: TRAVELING
TRAVELING TO PATIENTS HOUSE. SOMETIME YOU HAVE GOOD AND BAD PATIENTS. MANAGEMENT IS GOOD. I ENJOYED HELPING THOSE WHO REALLY DO NEED MY HELP TO COMPLETE THEIR DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES.
Very good company to work for
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Sewell, NJAugust 3, 2015
Very good company to work for. I enjoyed helping clients while being a CHHA for Bayada. I even recommended Bayada to a family member that was in need of assistance.
Flex
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: flexablilty
Cons: wages, hours
working for bayada has made it easier for me to focus on school. the pay is pretty low and the benefits are almost non existent but its a good working experience
great place to work :)
On-Call Manger/ Office Staff (Current Employee), HERNANDO COUNTYJuly 30, 2015
love this job!!! :) Everyone works as a team and our so dedicated to putting the clients first!!! I hope everyone gets an opportunity to work for BAYADA HOME HEALTHH CARE.
Productive and fun workplace dealing with children.
CNA 2 (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: go for walks
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consist of me helping children that are not able to help themselves. Children are fun to work with.The hardest part of the job is lifting.
n/a
Clinical Manager-Managed Care (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 27, 2015
just like anywhere else, you can not just worry about work, you have to worry about what other's say about you! office politics!! job itself-great!
Enjoy helping others
Habilitation Tech/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 22, 2015
I really enjoy helping others the only downfall is not enough hours. But it is a great side job. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy clients in home health by themselves.
Employees