BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Operationally flawed, poor work/life balance
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAAugust 18, 2016
Work/life balance was non existent, field and office staff work past normal hours, office staff are not compensated for their overtime. Operationally, the company needs to reconfigure their structure. I've never witnessed so many employees resign so quickly after only weeks or months of working with a company. I believe in what the company stands for and their mission, but when it comes to the individual offices, so many problems are overlooked and brushed under the rug.
Pros
Awards Weekend
Cons
Poor work/life balance, no overtime provided, poor management
It was great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2016
I arrive at the clients house to prepare food assist with giving a bath and preparing a client for bed. I learned that each client has their own special needs u have to attend too. Management was very understandable when ever an issue arrived and was very delingent with handle it. Didn't interact with co-workers unless it was a case that required two people. There was one hard part the lifting if required. The enjoyable part of it all was seeing the smile on the clients face when you arrived.
A great company to work for!
Certified Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bayada! The staff is friendly and always there to help if you have any questions. They have great communication skills and their clients were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a job in home health. I hope to someday work as an RN for them in the future!
Pros
Communication, friendliness
not a great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 27, 2016
Some hard work for small hourly pay,do not get to meet co-workers everyone on different schedules. I work part time and the only good about bayada is that they will work with you but if you lose a client it takes forever to get even 10 hrs a week. No benefits and CEO does not care about employees. Office staff cares more about employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lousy pay, not enough hrs. to live on
not really a good company
HHA (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 12, 2016
when i first start working for this company i really like getting up going to work because i like helping the elderly as day when on i learned different things with my clients i never had any contact with coworkers the benefits is half your check they give out points instead of pay raise they only give you 9.00 some of the staff was good they do not acknowledge your good deed i worked for another company and received employee of the month and bonus you can forget about a pay increase not happening. staff try act like they was nice on phone reason being they record every conversation
Pros
make your own schedule the clients
Cons
not good benefits not enough hours you cant work over 40 hours does'nt pay for miles for gas
Bayada Home Health Care
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 24, 2016
Based on my personal experiences with Bayada I have struggled to advance and I'm not sure why. I have met all of my performance goals, just completed my masters, a great team player, and has voluntarily participated in community events. Why I have not been promoted since I have actively pursued higher positions is beyond me that is why I rated Bayada with 2 stars when considering advancement.
Good Company to work for, no raises and diffiuclty obtaining hours
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 2, 2016
For the most part I enjoy working for this company. There are frequent communication issues that have resulted in loss of hours and frustration from client families. I like the fact that someone is always available if I have any questions or concerns. The cons.. company does not offer any raises and does not provide free flu vaccinations for employees.
excellent temp agency
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2016
Bayada is a great temp agency and home health care agency they are very flexible and work around your schedule to which best fits you. Management is very understanding and straight forward about the company works and bayada is all about the care of its clients.
Pros
you get to work around your sechedule and times that best fits you.
Cons
positions are temporary
Really helpful supervisor, also really friendly people that worked at the office.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work was a routine day. what I learned about this job was patient care. The managment was great. As a caregiver you had to work by yourself, it was at the client resident. The hardest part of my job was meeting and going to new clients home, and not knowing what would be there personality. The most enjoyable part of my job as a caregiver was caring for my patient, making them feel comfortable.
Good Job for a part time person
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 15, 2016
Bayada home health care is a good company but they just don't provide enough hours. The people in the office are really nice and helpful. I would not recommend this job to someone who plans to make a lot of money. This job is strictly for someone who just needs to earn a little extra money and this would be there second job.
Great place for students and people with extra time
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 14, 2016
With Bayada you choose your own schedule and manage your time. You work with clients at their homes doing basic needs. The office works with you when there are issues of any sort. You can work all types of hours and is a great benefit to someone who has a second job.
Pros
Extremely flexible scheduele
Bayada way
CNA (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 30, 2016
BAYADA was and is a wonderful place to work. A typical day would consist of traveling to a patients home and assisting them in their everyday needs. These needs are specific to the individual and are readily provided for the employee.
BAYADA helped me to gain more appreciation for people in whatever step of life they are currently in or are transitioning into.
My management and coworkers were great.
I would say that the job comes with its everyday challenges but as they are faced and overcome it is quite rewarding.
Review
Habilitation Technician - Social Services (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ 08057May 1, 2016
I worked as a Habilitation Technician with multi-disability, pediatric clients in a healthcare and school setting.
My responsibilities included working as a team member with therapists, nursing staff, and educational staff in executing goals as per my client. I provided direction and training to other staff members according to the client’s needs.
I was also responsible for keeping files up to date with Medicaid/Medicare rules and regulations and state and federal regulations, health care eligibility and enrollment.
No room for advancement
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 17, 2016
I work in the Winston Salem,NC office. I enjoy my job and clients. Noticed I said job because that's all it is. There is no room to advance at this location no matter what your degree is. No one at this office ever tells field employees about training opportunities and positions at other locations.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No training opportunities for career advancement.
Last manager ruined experience
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2016
Loved that it was a national chain. Great orientation and continued education with each position advancement. Loved job. Last director was a long time employee that obtained the position and fired all the nursing staff due to " not being on the same page with her" She was later let go.
Pros
national chain
Cons
last director
Good entry level position in health care and home health care
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 31, 2016
Good opportunity for an entry level position in health care, and home health care. Depending on the position, it will be ever changing and with the chance to be able to be on your own to make important decisions.
Pros
Ability to be challenged
Cons
overworked, underpaid, too many responsibilities, poor area management
Great company to work for
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 28, 2016
Great company to work for however management lacks information on what goes on in the service offices on a day to day basis. They try to monitor quality assurance through surveys and through internal and external audits but some of the things go unnoticed. BAYADA has great job security and team building activities, workshops as well as classes you can take to help yourself continuously grow and keep yourself well educated.
Pros
Team oriented and very hands on, Everyone is nice and helpful, The culture of the company is excellent.
Cons
Over worked and under paid, no work life balance. You will continue to recieve calls, texts from your boss or on call after hours even when you are sick at home.
This job was ok
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJune 23, 2016
I liked working with this company but there were things they could have funded for there employees as far as travel expences because they would need you to travel far but didn't want to pay you. The pay was okay and they didn't really have hours to offer.
Pros
The clients were nt too bad
Cons
They didnt have a lot of cases with more than 4 hours
Working in homes taking care of very sick babies.
RN (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 7, 2016
Good job, Low compensation considering the technical expertise that is required to take care of babies and children on vents with trachs.
One would expect that if they had critical care training to take care of very fragile babies, the compensation would be higher.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Poor Clinical Supervisors
Love it here!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
I have worked for quite a few home care agencies in Philadelphia, and Bayada is my favorite by a long shot. They are more organized than any other agency, and professionalism is exhibited by every employee I have come into contact with, The administrative team has always been helpful and welcoming of their employees' individual preferences.
Pros
Bayada Bucks, Scholarship Program, Flexible Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.