BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search
Bayada Home Health mostly offers home care pediatric positions that are very enjoyable.
RN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2017
Bayada Home Health offers part time and full time home care cases.
I have worked with many different children in their homes and working around their school and parent's work schedules. Most cases are basic, and always changing.
They are limited by the patient's insurance company on how much they are allowed to pay per hour.
The company does not offer health insurance to employees very readily.
The office and management or friendly, supportive, flexible and professional.
I worked with Bayada steadily from 2012 to 2014 and I am temporarily working there again since December 2016 until I find a job I feel I am better suited for. /With that said I do enjoy the fact that I can pickup extra work when I need to.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay is low
Honest, reliable, caring atmosphere both in the office and field setting
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602February 22, 2017
During my time with Bayada Pediatrics, I have learned so many skill sets, as I was provided impeccable training and support throughout my advancements within the company. Bayada provides services and emotional support to medically fragile children and their families with the highest level of care expected from the office staff and field nurses alike. Support of the staff and nurses are a priority at Bayada in which has allowed me to develop great communication skills within the company as well as in the field. The hardest part of my job is the emotional stress we are challenged with while caring for medically fragile children, but that stress is never outweighed by the feeling of fulfillment felt in a day knowing I was able to help a child and their family feel relief from their physical and emotional needs while in my care.
Pros
Autonomy, flexibility, opportunities to advance
Cons
health insurance, benefits, retirement plan
Low pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 22, 2017
The pay for CNA's is the lowest regardless of your years of experience. They only offer you more pay if their extremely short staff and need to have a patient staffed. No holiday pay the office staff continuously changes so don't bother getting to know anyone. If they cannot find a CNA to staff a patient their often left without a CNA. No over time is allowed and of course no benefits.
Great team
Private duty nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I have been working with Bayada for two years as a secondary job and love it. The staff at my location in PA have been very accomodating and answer any questions/concerns timely. They have new cases coming all the time, with a variety of shifts to meet your needs.
Pros
Training
Great for sun-worshippers
Home Health Case Manager Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Great Job if you loves being in the sunshine and visiting patients in their homes. Set your own schedule. On-call is required with some Saturday and Sunday hours
Pros
You set your schedule
Cons
Travel distance
Extremely supportive, positve staff, committed to helping nurse's advance their skills
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  where ever your client livesFebruary 20, 2017
I have acquired so much knowledge and learned new skills. Even though you work in the field and don't see the office staff (non-clinical) that often, the culture is very team oriented and supportive. You see your clinical manager at least twice a month on her visits to the client's home. The clinical manager is always available should you have questions or concerns about your client. The most enjoyable part of the job, is that you know you are making significant contributions to your client and the family. The hardest part of the job is that rarely get to sit down and take a break. There are always tasks that need to be completed, notes to be written and of course caring for the client.
Pros
Making your own hours...working as much or as little as you want
Cons
Breaks are rare
Great Atmosphere
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 17, 2017
Love working with different types of patients in their homes. love meeting different family settings and different cultures. Love working with different patients knowing that I have made them feel loved and cared for.
Home health nurse for pediatrics
LPN, Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 17, 2017
Although my heart is in an acute care setting my time at Bayada was over all a great piece to my LPN puzzle. I worked two cases that I enjoyed so much.
A job, not a career
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Bayada never warned me about a client's roach infestation upon providing care.
Bayada attempted to overload me with different clients knowing that I hadn't had adequate sleep in between clients.
No mileage pay. No insurance.
Cons
Not enough compassion for NAs
Work day
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2017
Interacting with participants. Provide basic care with their daily activities such as, bathing, dressing ect. Engage them with activities that would stimulate their mind and body function. I learned to be open minded and patient. The management was great. The hardest part of the job was losing a participant. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was adding to the quality of someones life,
Pros
Good health benefits, Hours are great!
Nice place to work people are nice they care about there employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant- (Current Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 12, 2017
The company works with me for schedule nice people to work with compasionate nice place to work very flexible hours you can also work towards merchandise
Pros
You can pick your hours which is good for people with kids
I enjoyed the clients I cared for
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2017
Provided personal supervision and support services to elderly clients. Daily duties included bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, and/ or ambulation. I also provided light housekeeping, meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, and transportation to doctor appointments. I reminded clients to take medications, observed, and reported any changes in the client's mental, physical, or emotional condition.
ok place
LPN/Pediatric Homecare Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Poor communication! If you are willing to work weekends and when you are needed by the schedulers you will be productive for this company.
A good pace to work, if you have the right boss
Senior Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 9, 2017
This is a great place to work, especially if you are looking for a decent salary and ok benefits, but a lot depends on who you report to. They have a corporate policy called The Bayada Way and it is all about respecting your coworkers and being dependable. it is a great idea, if your boss follows it. Mine does not and, frankly, he is unprofessional and downright insulting at times. He has favorites and makes makes no attempt to hide it.

I am speaking from the Central Office, I have little experience in the service offices where they deliver the actual care.
Pros
They will do not have lay offs, they pay well
Cons
The benefits (401k, health coverage and raises) are not that great
unfulfilling
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2017
no chance of additional support or advancement at this slave job aides make as much money as a McDonald's workers and benefits takes months to kick in. They send you to multiple addresses without time for lunch breaks management is snobbish and seldom follow up with staff for needs of clients
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
Nice agency to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 7, 2017
This agency is a nice place to work they help you create a schedule that suits your needs but its not guaranteed. Be prepared to be taken off cases with little to no notice and do a lot of driving. Weekly pay which is nice and pay rate isn't too bad. If you have any problems they are willing to work with you.
Pros
Staff is very friendly
Cons
No job security
Great place
Home health Aide (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy working with everyone a good environment. I enjoy meeting new people at me job and taking care of the patients. It bring a joy to help people
Amazing
Skilled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I loved this place. Leaving this job was one of the few things I hated about moving. My clients were amazing. The office staff were friendly and helpful, they appreciate the work you do and aren't afraid to show it.
Good
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCFebruary 6, 2017
On a typical day, I would go to someone's home for 2 hours and do whatever tasks they needed help with. I hated how far I had to drive for very little pay and no form of job security.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 5, 2017
The management are wonderful as are the other staff. Very supportive and family oriented. Staff are always willing to assist you if you have problems or questions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Constantly changing schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.