BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Employer Reviews

homecare
Clinical manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2014
Clinical manager responsible for Conducting client assessments and complete the care planning process. Perform a comprehensive client assessment at admission and on an ongoing basis. Identify the client’s needs for specific services and resources and direct accordingly. Initiate referrals for additional services as needed to obtain highest quality outcomes – more... for client. Establish and update the care plan, goals, in collaboration with the client/family. Consult with the physician and obtain physician’s orders for care as required and per policy. Responsible for clinical and client case management. Act as internal case manager and client advocate. Communicate and collaborate with team members regarding client status, care plan and expected outcomes. Make regular client visits, as per policy, to evaluate client progress toward goals. Facilitate and/or coordinate the discharge planning process with the client and team members. Provide initial and on-going client education, as necessary. Assist in developing Clinical Associates to become Clinical Managers. – less
PRODUCTIVE
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Burlington, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pick your own hours
Cons: no mileage or benefits
YOU CAN PICK YOU OWN HOURS. THE MANAGEMENT IS GREAT AND DO THERE BEST TO GET WORK. YOU WORK ALONE.
Great place for carrier advancement
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Cranford, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Wonderful place to work.
Excellent on going educational trainings.
Lots of Clients to help
Great managerial team
Bayada bucks incentives.
Overall good company, but no career advancement opportunities; horrendous pay and benefits
Associate (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, with a great sense of comradery
Cons: benefits & pay are appalling; no career advancement; directors play favorites; very "high school"
I have read many of the reviews on here and most seem to be from those actually providing the care. I work in one of the Support Offices (Corporate offices) and I would not recommend working in the Parsippany, NJ office. While I genuinely feel the company cares about its clients, I don't feel it cares about its employees. My office has a "high school" – more... mentality where you need to make sure you "fit in" or else working there will be miserable.

The Directors clearly pay favorites and will only promote those they favor and who are "in" with them. This has resulted in a work environment where the majority of the Division is unhappy...and yet, the Directors and Division Director choose to do nothing about it. They prefer the "head in the sand" approach rather than addressing the real issues. If you show you are unhappy, they will throw you to curb. Bayada practice is to fire someone on the spot without any advance warning. Often times they will just say "you don't fit in" and that "it's best you part ways with Bayada". Talk about professional!

This Division also does not have advancement opportunities. They will only promote those they favor, who are often times people that have been with the company for years. It doesn't matter what degrees you have or prior work experiences, they only care about your time at Bayada. This is actually their business approach, not pure speculation.

Also, this Division is not open to change. They run things the same way they have run them for the past 20+ years, despite employees saying certain changes would improve their work morale. For instance, it's 2014 and there isn't a need to come into the office during hurricanes and blizzards, but that is something we were told "will NEVER change". And if you do suggest change, they view this as you being unhappy with the company and will kick you to the curb (see above),

The pay and benefits are appalling! Just look at all the reviews and you will see an overall theme that the pay and benefits are low. The entire company does a satisfaction survey where this is always a constant issue, so the President/Owner is aware and yet he doesn't seem to want to address it. We are the people putting the millions in his pocket each year, so for him to continue to reduce pay and raise benefit costs, all while he gets richer, is pretty "scrooge-like". While I think the President/Owner is a decent person, I think the all mighty dollar sometimes clauts his abilities to show compassion to his employees. If the company truly believes its employees are "its greatest asset" then, perhaps, the President/Owner could dip into his pocket and pay people more and provide cheaper benefits. – less
good place to work
Field nurse (Current Employee), pittsburgh paAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work but very inconsistent hours and the schedule seemed to get mixed up lot
fun work environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), King of PrussiaAugust 7, 2014
I enjoy working here. I have the flexabilty and convience of working close to home. My clients are enjoyable to work for and help.
Great company with high ideals
Director of Home Health Care Agency (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 6, 2014
The best vision and mission of any home health care company in the country; the CEO is very involved and approachable.
Flexible work hours
Nurse Aide I (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 2, 2014
I love the fact that they are willing to work around your life schedule. Whether you have kids or in school they help you with a schedule around your hours of availability.
Healthcare passion
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good healthcare coverage and hours
Cons: to many chiefs, lack of communication, and follow-up
Like any other Home Health Care company, there are a lot of challenges and changes in healthcare itself. I believe a strong team can take on both, but it needs leaders who will work with the team.
The employees I worked with daily were a great asset to the company.
This was a new position at the Prescott location
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 28, 2014
A very interesting position calling on physicians and facilities in a rather small geographic area of Arizona to encourage referrals to home health.

I learned that patients are being discharged to home prior to their ability to care for themselves safely - especially in the advanced age population. Emergency departments in these hospitals are increasingly – more... discouraging return visits for such diagnoses as pneumonia and cardiovascular issues due to reimbursement issues.

As this was a very new office, the personnel were still in the learning process.

This position, again to geography, was a one person position in the Prescott, Arizona area.

The most difficult part of the position was finding the practitioners most likely to make the referrals to home health.

The MOST enjoyable part of my day was the relationships that I was able build and going to visit them! – less
Good home care
CNA I (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: inconsistant schedules
Not a bad place to work. Hours can be hard to come by at times. And the nagging phone calls to come in or work over get old really fast.
Great staff
Home Heatlh Aide (Current Employee), Erie,PaJuly 23, 2014
I love my clients and my office staff! Helping these families is a very rewarding thing. My co-workers are very supportive.
n/a
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJJuly 20, 2014
Pros: decent clients
Cons: pay a bit too low for some assigments
good place to work. Good management at the location. Clients were decent and you were able to schedules shifts some what flexible.
Great company to work for
LPN (Current Employee), Hackensack NJJuly 18, 2014
I love the flexibility of my job and love to work together with my clinical managers they are great.
Already gave a review once
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 14, 2014
Decent company, decent pay, wish they would hire people with an associate degrees and train them. Bachelors degree is required for work in the office, which equals management.
Very Supportive Clinical Leadership
Adult Vent/Trach Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great clinical managers
Cons: pay
Loved working here! I learned a lot because they offered so many in-service classes. They are invested in your growth as a nurse!
Very flexible and wonderful to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Lewisburg, PAJuly 6, 2014
I love going to work everyday and helping my patient's with whatever they need help with. The management are very easy to work with, respectful, and very helpful. Their really is not any cons about this job. The most enjoyable part of my job is having that time to communicate with the patient's and really get to know them.
Private duty nursing for special needs children
RN & Preceptor (Current Employee), Milford, DEJuly 2, 2014
Pros: day shift hours, single patient only, good benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours depending on the needs of the patient, low interaction with other nurses, very heavy lifting
Typically the day is started early, pt assessment and then preparation for school. Generally the nurse rides with the patient to school, arrives and prepares the patient for classroom learning. Teachers provide the educational component and nursing does the medical piece ie changing diapers, administering medications, monitoring the patient for changes – more... in status, calling the physician. Once school is over the nurse and the client board the bus and prepare for the ride home. Arrive back at the patients home and put away the supplies give report to the next caregiver and the day is over – less
Working with kids
LPN (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 2, 2014
Get report, get busy monitor the client promote safety at all times, report change in condition.
Low pay
Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2014
Pros: wait!!!'other than the patient...
Cons: low pay for acuity level
While nursing is a passion of mine, I too have a family to provide for and need fair reasonable compensation! Bayada can afford to cut somewhere... And not just my pocket

1 2 3 4 5

About BAYADA Home Health Care

Since our founding in 1975, caring for our patients the right way has been at the heart of everything we do at BAYADA Home Health – Read more

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos