BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Field nurse- one to one client care, Admin of meds and treatment as prescribed, strong communication skills between parents, case manager, Doctors
Field nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 23, 2016
Pleased and proud to be part of this company
Flexible to my schedule, listens to your concerns and supports each employee
Benefits are offered to pt and fulltime employees
Pros
Kind, compassionate, understanding coworkers
Cons
Health ins is not as good as a hospital but adequate, it takes to long to accure vacation time, my vacation is used mainly to fill in days where clients cancel, or are in the hospital
Terrible company , mid management uneducated to home health,
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2016
The worst company to work for. Divisional and regional directors , are terrible gossips, divisional director does not know business, and is very vile with her statements,
Her behavior is disgusting! To
Management has allowed the whole division to be broken and educated professional staff , treated very poorly....
THERE IS NO BAYADA WAY
Pros
Cons
Malicious, uneducated mid management, unethical practices
Challenging but fun workplace with fun people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2016
I started at Bayada, as an intern in the office in 2012 through a city program and I was welcomed very warmly. I learned so much about Healthcare by just jumping into any task I thought I could handle. The people are super nice and helpful when questions are asked (even if they were a bit silly). After the program was over, I was asked to stay part time through the rest of high school and college. Growth is very possible in this company and it's easy to climb up the ladder. The workload can be intense but because of the environment, it doesn't feel so bad.
Good place to work.
CNA II Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Like all Home Health Care the pay is low, but the office staff and patients make it a pleasure. Annual continuing education is good. Co workers cover a great variable which is interesting.
Hardest part of job is remembering not to take it too seriously and have reasonable expectations. Patients are the BEST part of the job. The nurses are really fine.
Pros
Flexible hours, reasonable expectations
Cons
Low pay but it is the same everywhere
An OK Company to work for, no raise ever
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLDecember 9, 2016
I duties vary for each client. Every day and shift are different. This job requires patience and a flexible schedule. This is a low wage paying position. Clients often pass away. This job is often emotionally draining. You are constantly rebuilding client list on a regular basis. This job is physically demanding depending on the client. Some co-workers are nice and some not so much.
Pros
Good life/work balance
Cons
Always changing schedules, pay, clients dying
RN (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJDecember 5, 2016
Excellent company to work for. I had one assignment that lasted six months. I worked six hours a day and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients. If there were any problems, Bayada managers were just a phone call away. The management at the occupational training center were hands on and everyone worked together. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if I was reaching some of the clients. (non-verbal).
Pros
Six hours a day, took the clients on outings
Cons
Short lunch-we ate when we could. Not the same every day.
An amazing job ! Hate to not be able to transfer
Clinical Liaison/Nurse/Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 26, 2016
Bayada is an awesome company and let's you be the person you are , letting your skills, compassion shine thru .
I was able to help build Senior Living program in communities and help seniors and families navigate the senior life. Worked with communities to partner and help retain census and continuity of care .
Pros
Recognition for jobs well done
Cons
None really
Warming environment and nice staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2016
I started with them with no Trach experience but I was provided with training. The training was a little intense but worth it. I'm glad I was given a chance. I never had a issue with not getting hours, at some point the hours were too much for me with my other job. They recognize good employees which is nice, whether it is the Bayada bucks or at least a verbal or email acknowledgment.
Pros
Many hours
Bayada provides good help to clients
Aide (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 26, 2016
Bayada has clients in a variety of areas, which allows a better chance for aides to pick the areas which they want to work. They recently have added an app called swiftshift to help fill open hours which needs some work possibly. It seems that the same open shift is posted several times, and possibly after it is filled.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Open hours to work are not always available or not in your desired area or time slots
Sign you up and then give you no cases
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 27, 2016
They make you do 2 or 3 interviews for a prn job. Then they give you no cases. I thought it was just me but heard from 3 other nurses and therapists that it was the same. They want you to jump through all their hoops just in case they need you but have no loyalty to you!
Pros
Flexibility of home health
Cons
companies like this are a waste of time signing up. Don't bother.
Quincy Office had too many CSM turnovers
Home Health Aide/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MA 02169January 7, 2017
Low pay for the position with no vacation time offered, well there was vacation time but they decided to take it away and it doesn't matter how much time you had earned! You work 1 hour shifts and then go to another client for two hours, another for maybe 2 or 3 hours. Mileage reimbursement doesn't even cover half of cost of your gas. Clients often are hospitalized and hours are lost until given another client. CSM's are not great with communicating with one another. Someone always wants to pass the blame to someone else.
Pros
I loved most of the clients I had. They did have one CSM that had actually been there for awhile
Cons
low pay, no vacation pay, clients often go to hospital and your hours are cut, very unorganized office, poor communication skills and many of their clients speak very low of the office CSM's!
Training is thorough, very nice and compassionate team
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PADecember 29, 2016
Very Good Company to work for, but alot of traveling. They do all they can to accomidate the employees and scheduals. And that the patient obtains the care they need with the utmost compassion, needs and care for their patients!
Pros
Patients needs are met to the highest quality
Cons
lunch usually on the road
Lovely agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  1315 Walnut st, suite 600, Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
Although the pay is low. The management at Bayada is excellent. They care about their staff and their clients. They make sure that the clients and the staff are comfortable with each other. The only reason why I quit is because as home health aide there was no growth for me. However I would to work for them with my degree.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Low pay
Unorganized
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 16, 2016
This temp agency is very unorganized. They don't keep documents and repeatedly ask you to do the same thing over and over. They text you about work assignments and confirm you for assignments that you didn't commit to. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
You may be able to get your foot in the door
Cons
Extremely unorganized
Pleasant place to work with wonderful staff who was willing to work with me while attending nursing school to reach my goal. My hat goes off to them.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 17, 2016
Great experience with this company. Staff inside the office are friendly and very welcoming. I felt as if I was a part of a great team of nurses. i was very fortunate.
Pros
Flexible hours. wonderful staff
Cons
more competitive salary
My Review of employment with Bayada Pediatrics
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 15, 2016
Bayada is high in quality nursing care, ongoing education and professionalism. They care about their clients as well as their employees. The clinical manager and clerical manager were easy to communicate with.

The easiest part of the job was loving my clients. As well as utilizing my nursing skills. The hardest part of the job was watching chronically ill children with grim diagnoses and prognoses decline.

frequent in-services and yearly Competency skills test assured accurate, updated quality nursing care given to patients.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
Drove long distances
A good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJDecember 14, 2016
I work in this place to many years ago,i can say they have been ggod to me ,they train me and offer several classes to improve my skillls ,the staff its very friendly, ans you can reason with them if you have an emergency ,when it comes to personal days,they mmet ypu half way.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
wont pay for millage
rewarding but over it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 18, 2017
my days are boring
I learn nothing and would like to learn more
management is ok but not the greatest
i never really see them other than change of shifts
not being on the move all the time
really enjoy the person I woke for but fear I am getting to close to her
Pros
time to spend reading
Cons
Im always sitting
Not a good agency
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 21, 2016
I have done home care for other agencies for over 15 yrs as a hha/cna. Bayada is one of the worst I have worked for. No communication from office staff to aides or to clients. They hire those who don't want to work and the pay is horrible. Director has no clue what he is doing
I like my clients that is all .
Pros
The clients
Cons
The pay sucks !
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 15, 2016
An excellent company. I would recommend an experienced nurse. Travel can be challenging. Increases car mileage quickly. Benefits are dependent on hours worked. A great second job if you require a more populated work environment as your primary workplace environment.
Pros
Independent self management
Cons
Case Distances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.