BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Love what I do, BUT....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 17, 2016
Working with the field staff is great as they are all dedicated and go above and beyond for their clients,but management is less than to be desired. Support from office staff is available but it's pointless to even ask for because majority of clinical staff hasn't been in the field in many many years so they have no clue! Common sense is lacking in the office. Referrals are not reviewed prior to accepting. Pay is extremely low and benefits are horrible. Work life balance is non existent. I spend 14-16 hours a day working charting, working with clients or driving. Lots of work not being paid for. No raises!!!! I love what I do everyday and just wish this company would realize what an asset their employees are. Without us, they are nothing! They need to start practicing what they preach...The BAYADA Way!!!
Pros
Great field staff
Cons
Low pay, no work life balance
Great home care company
LPN nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 9, 2016
I have been in the home care field for close to 10 years, and worked for several agencies prior to Bayada. This company has been a great company to work for. Awesome training, flexible hours, competitive pay. As their employee you also receive good benefits. They are very professional, respectful and organized. Everyone works together (from the management to the employees) to give the patients the best care possible. They offer great incentives to keep the company growing. I highly recommend it.
Pros
flexible schedule, professional staff, friendly work environment
Cons
When clients are admitted to hospital
Compassionate organization providing excellent care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 6, 2016
Overall I was completely satisfied with my employment at bayada. The organization had an amazing vision and stood true to its promises. I met a number of excellent people during my span of employment with bayada. They worked wonderfully with my schedule and I was able to go to school full time mean while raising two children on my own. There is not much room for advancement at all. The salary was quite low but the benefits of scheduling evened out the missed income.
Pros
Scheduling, work environment, stress level, organization
Cons
Low salary, no room for advancement without more schooling.
I worked with great co-workers
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  High Point/Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day in the beginning was that I would work 4-16 hours in a home with a client that had a trach or was on a ventilator; whoever needed skilled care. Then I started doing home health by doing the admissions and labs, wound care and medication management. I also was doing the head to toe assessments and making sure they were eligible for home health. I had great co-workers to work with. All of the field staff worked together to help out the client. The hardest part of the job were the long hours of working 6-7 days per week and being on call 1-4 times per week and working 17 hours per day. I again learned the importance of a great team. We excelled in team work with the other field employees.
Pros
I had great co-workers to work with.
Cons
The lack of administrative staff helping out with problems.
Poor work life balance
RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 1, 2016
Management staff belittles field staff in the office in front of other employees. Poor work life balance, always charting at home after hours. Expects staff to work more than their agreed upon quota. Poor pay. Pays per point, not per hours worked. High staff turnover.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, office staff, work life balance
Great place to work!
On Call Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Bayada always offers ongoing training to all employees.
It is great for advancement. There are always on line seminars for you to keep up on new homecare laws or changes.
The managers are easy to work with and always willing to help.
My co-workers at Bayada have become friends.
Pros
Training and freindly atmosphere
Cons
Employee benefits cost is high
some productivity
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 27, 2016
seeing clients was care for, learning increased, management fair, no compensation, knowing clients was happy at the end of the day
Pros
some productivity
Cons
no compensation
Horrible place to work..
HHA (Former Employee) –  Essex, VTAugust 28, 2015
Hours are not consistent-I went from working almost 40 hours down to 22. At that point I was pretty much working for gas. The pay was ok but could have been better considering all the things your expected to do and the travel. Inconsiderate management-I would request time off in advance and it would go unrecognized. I never got any pay raises, which I was told I was getting.
Cons
No breaks, lots of travel, no flexibility, over worked
Good learning experience with clients in home care.
Private Duty Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 2, 2015
After arriving at the clients home, would receive report, then make observation of client, administer medications/treatments. Document findings, medications, treatments.Communicate any problems, abnormal observations/concerns to M.D, Supervisor.
Learned how to care for a client in a home situation versus a hospital environment,
For the most part management was easy to communicate with and helpful, Coworkers were willing to help out in difficult situations.
At first the hardest part of the job was adjusting to work in the home instead of a hospital.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working on a 1:1 basis with the client.
Pros
Having a change of scenery daily
Cons
Some of the neighborhoods where not the safest.
What I do as a marketing manager
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day @ work consists of at least 9 calls on Primary care MD's and specialty MD's on the benefits of using BAYADA home health. This company has a very good reputation in the Delaware market and has the largest hospital referral account in the country. I love interacting with the MD's and assist them in decreasing hospital re-admits. I continue to keep up with all the changes in hospital and MD reimbursements as the affordable care act evolves.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
Large geography
great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 25, 2015
very polite staffing agency, great cases, very flexible and willing to teach new skills, the management team is very organized
Pros
great staffing
Cons
poor benefits
Loved clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 24, 2016
I loved the clients I had. We got be very close. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I didn't have to deal with management much because I was mainly at homes and faxed over time cards. I just saw the nurse once a month when they came for assessments.
Pros
Not having to deal with a lot of management, my clients, schedule flexability
Cons
Low pay
A work week
Behavior technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 21, 2016
Would take client out to exercise, out to dinner, work on skills asking waiter for different things and paying for the bill.Like to make crafts in the summer planned on 2 to 3 crafts went to different places the library there was a ceramic place that was inexpensive. Walked around the track and did water aerobics.
Pros
Able to exercise with client
Cons
A lot of wear and tear on my car no compensation
not really a good company
HHA (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 12, 2016
when i first start working for this company i really like getting up going to work because i like helping the elderly as day when on i learned different things with my clients i never had any contact with coworkers the benefits is half your check they give out points instead of pay raise they only give you 9.00 some of the staff was good they do not acknowledge your good deed i worked for another company and received employee of the month and bonus you can forget about a pay increase not happening. staff try act like they was nice on phone reason being they record every conversation
Pros
make your own schedule the clients
Cons
not good benefits not enough hours you cant work over 40 hours does'nt pay for miles for gas
good working environments
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 11, 2015
I never felt unsafe in the homes and if I did then the Bayada office would find a way to correct it. The office staff was very supportive
Pros
good working environments
Cons
expensive benefits and no raises
Good startup job but not a good job for long term
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 2, 2015
You learn very useful skills most in HR and some clerical. The training is great both online and in classrooms. The structure of the company is very weird. Individuals without any prior management experience or knowledge of how to run a company are placed in "director" level positions. The actual titles do not seem to have much meaning because they neither fit education/experience in background. A director is really an office manager role who is over 2-4 office employees. The Client service manager is responsible for the field staff, filing, payroll, continuing education, staffing, paperwork, etc. You occasionally have to be on call too.
Great company to work for
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 28, 2016
Great company to work for however management lacks information on what goes on in the service offices on a day to day basis. They try to monitor quality assurance through surveys and through internal and external audits but some of the things go unnoticed. BAYADA has great job security and team building activities, workshops as well as classes you can take to help yourself continuously grow and keep yourself well educated.
Pros
Team oriented and very hands on, Everyone is nice and helpful, The culture of the company is excellent.
Cons
Over worked and under paid, no work life balance. You will continue to recieve calls, texts from your boss or on call after hours even when you are sick at home.
Productive and fun workplace to be at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
nice job cool cowrker clean office espace nic clients good pay nice resources bonus compensation if you work hard cool place
A learning experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Making sure my clients day starts out well. And hope that my clients day end the same way.

How to do a job to the best of my ability.

Management was ok at times communication was a bit off at times.

The nurses that I had to work with was nice and caring .

The hardest part of the job was that some days felt shorter than others I wish I had more time to give my clients.

I LOVE to see my clients happy . I LOVE that I can make people fill good about themselves. That I can give people the chance to fill safe and I help them to maintain the ability to still be able to do for them selves. I Love to share my skills were it is needed.
My Experience
Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. Until the change in management I loved what I did. I loved being able to plan my own schedule and my previous boss was very caring about the well being of his staff. I wish there was opportunity to progress within the company for the field staff, especially staff who has dedicated years to the company and show leadership skills
Pros
plan your own work schedule
Cons
in office staff not properly communication with field staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.