BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Employer Reviews

Great Company to Work For
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: self-management
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for for all levels of staff. Advancement opportunities are good.
A good place to work
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: working alone and one on one care.
Cons: short hours and choosing your own shedule
I liked working here because you can focus all on your energy on one person that you are giving care to and there are no distractions. What i enjoyed most about this job is you work alone with the person you are giving care to. The hardest part of the job is when you loose the individual that you care for.
care about employees
LPN (Current Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: not enough hours to get health care
I have only been at this company for a few months, but what I have seen so far is they are caring and flexible with their employees.
productive great plaxce to work
CNA (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2014
The hours are there if you need need them the staff are great as well as the residents.
Job agency
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), philadelphia paSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no assignments
Working here helped me gain a lot of work experience. I was able to travel to many different hospitals to perform various duties.
Awful
CNA (Former Employee), Pittston, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I have worked for this company for over a year. They fire me for being sick. No warning, no write up, nothing. I am astonished that a company is allowed to even do that. I had nothing but good things my clients had said about me. I would never recommend this company to anyone who asks due to the fact the office staff does nothing on their end to do – more... their job right. I absolutely can not stand this company and if PA was not an "at will" state I would sue them for unlawfully firing me. Stay away. They suck you in with their fake attitude. Not worth the pay and not worth anyone time. – less
The contest and the scholarships that the company offers.
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Waynesville, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly managment and great jobs.
Cons: sends you to way out places.
Bayada is very flexible with your time and jobs. they offer lots of benefits, such as schloarships for their employee's. They have weekly drawing for everyone to have a chane to win things. The hardest part of the job is trying to find the differny places to go to.
Great team to work with
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PASeptember 8, 2014
Taking care of client and their needs
How to have empathy and patient
working as a team
Dealing with uncooperative people
Knowing that you made a difference in some one life
Bolus feed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCSeptember 3, 2014
• Obtained vitals and followed healthcare plans set up by providers
• Assisted clients in maintaining good oral and physical hygiene
• Provided wound care assistance
• Helped in feeding clients using bolus method, as needed
Direct care providers, i.e. nurses and therapists, were phenomenal, dedicated, caring. Management showed lack of concern for needs of field staff.
RN (Former Employee), Pittston, PAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility of scheduling
Cons: huge workload at home, long hours spent on travel and documentation without appropriate compensation.
This job has many pros and cons.
Field staff was awesome, knowledgeable, hard-working, dedicated to their clients. I was privileged to witness many gains for clients and found this to be rewarding.
Travel and workloads were however, at times highly stressful and time-consuming, and there is no way field staff received fair compensation.Computerized – more... charting was initially very tedious. But proficiency is possible if you are self-motivated, and it can be beneficial. Orientation of new staff was not good. Management was at best poor and very critical. Productivity was prioritized over quality care Clinical managers demonstrated lack of concern for needs of staff, including safety.
I saw a rapid decline in morale over a short period of time. – less
Fun job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: low pay, not many postions
I enjoyed working for Bayada but they have become inconsistent in the availability for job placement.
Enjoyed meeting people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT AND HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed getting to meet some of my clients that I have helped. They are amazing families.
Great Place
CNA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Providence, RIAugust 26, 2014
Love working with elderly people they have great clients and friendly easy to work with
One-to-one work with special needs children.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJAugust 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule.
Cons: no breaks.
Flexible work schedule. Independence. Requires ability and willingness to work with grieving families.
Office management are generally nice people.
homecare
Clinical manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2014
Clinical manager responsible for Conducting client assessments and complete the care planning process. Perform a comprehensive client assessment at admission and on an ongoing basis. Identify the client’s needs for specific services and resources and direct accordingly. Initiate referrals for additional services as needed to obtain highest quality outcomes – more... for client. Establish and update the care plan, goals, in collaboration with the client/family. Consult with the physician and obtain physician’s orders for care as required and per policy. Responsible for clinical and client case management. Act as internal case manager and client advocate. Communicate and collaborate with team members regarding client status, care plan and expected outcomes. Make regular client visits, as per policy, to evaluate client progress toward goals. Facilitate and/or coordinate the discharge planning process with the client and team members. Provide initial and on-going client education, as necessary. Assist in developing Clinical Associates to become Clinical Managers. – less
PRODUCTIVE
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Burlington, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pick your own hours
Cons: no mileage or benefits
YOU CAN PICK YOU OWN HOURS. THE MANAGEMENT IS GREAT AND DO THERE BEST TO GET WORK. YOU WORK ALONE.
Great place for carrier advancement
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Cranford, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Wonderful place to work.
Excellent on going educational trainings.
Lots of Clients to help
Great managerial team
Bayada bucks incentives.
Overall good company, but no career advancement opportunities; horrendous pay and benefits
Associate (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, with a great sense of comradery
Cons: benefits & pay are appalling; no career advancement; directors play favorites; very "high school"
I have read many of the reviews on here and most seem to be from those actually providing the care. I work in one of the Support Offices (Corporate offices) and I would not recommend working in the Parsippany, NJ office. While I genuinely feel the company cares about its clients, I don't feel it cares about its employees. My office has a "high school" – more... mentality where you need to make sure you "fit in" or else working there will be miserable.

The Directors clearly pay favorites and will only promote those they favor and who are "in" with them. This has resulted in a work environment where the majority of the Division is unhappy...and yet, the Directors and Division Director choose to do nothing about it. They prefer the "head in the sand" approach rather than addressing the real issues. If you show you are unhappy, they will throw you to curb. Bayada practice is to fire someone on the spot without any advance warning. Often times they will just say "you don't fit in" and that "it's best you part ways with Bayada". Talk about professional!

This Division also does not have advancement opportunities. They will only promote those they favor, who are often times people that have been with the company for years. It doesn't matter what degrees you have or prior work experiences, they only care about your time at Bayada. This is actually their business approach, not pure speculation.

Also, this Division is not open to change. They run things the same way they have run them for the past 20+ years, despite employees saying certain changes would improve their work morale. For instance, it's 2014 and there isn't a need to come into the office during hurricanes and blizzards, but that is something we were told "will NEVER change". And if you do suggest change, they view this as you being unhappy with the company and will kick you to the curb (see above),

The pay and benefits are appalling! Just look at all the reviews and you will see an overall theme that the pay and benefits are low. The entire company does a satisfaction survey where this is always a constant issue, so the President/Owner is aware and yet he doesn't seem to want to address it. We are the people putting the millions in his pocket each year, so for him to continue to reduce pay and raise benefit costs, all while he gets richer, is pretty "scrooge-like". While I think the President/Owner is a decent person, I think the all mighty dollar sometimes clauts his abilities to show compassion to his employees. If the company truly believes its employees are "its greatest asset" then, perhaps, the President/Owner could dip into his pocket and pay people more and provide cheaper benefits. – less
good place to work
Field nurse (Current Employee), pittsburgh paAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work but very inconsistent hours and the schedule seemed to get mixed up lot
fun work environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), King of PrussiaAugust 7, 2014
I enjoy working here. I have the flexabilty and convience of working close to home. My clients are enjoyable to work for and help.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAYADA Home Health Care

Since our founding in 1975, caring for our patients the right way has been at the heart of everything we do at BAYADA Home Health – Read more

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos