BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Great training program
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMarch 17, 2016
Nice company, but no hours. They advertise they have a lot of cases but really the don't. Traveling is a must. This is not a place where you would be fulltime.
Pros
Good learning experience, provides good training.
Cons
No hours, benefits extremely high.
Review
Habilitation Technician - Social Services (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ 08057May 1, 2016
I worked as a Habilitation Technician with multi-disability, pediatric clients in a healthcare and school setting.
My responsibilities included working as a team member with therapists, nursing staff, and educational staff in executing goals as per my client. I provided direction and training to other staff members according to the client’s needs.
I was also responsible for keeping files up to date with Medicaid/Medicare rules and regulations and state and federal regulations, health care eligibility and enrollment.
My Experience
Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. Until the change in management I loved what I did. I loved being able to plan my own schedule and my previous boss was very caring about the well being of his staff. I wish there was opportunity to progress within the company for the field staff, especially staff who has dedicated years to the company and show leadership skills
Pros
plan your own work schedule
Cons
in office staff not properly communication with field staff
Company is like a cult
Associate Director (Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 24, 2016
Cult type behavior towards owner. Regional Management (Florida) was poor and unprofessional. Office staff got lots of perks if they were financially successful however field staff did not get anything.
A learning experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Making sure my clients day starts out well. And hope that my clients day end the same way.

How to do a job to the best of my ability.

Management was ok at times communication was a bit off at times.

The nurses that I had to work with was nice and caring .

The hardest part of the job was that some days felt shorter than others I wish I had more time to give my clients.

I LOVE to see my clients happy . I LOVE that I can make people fill good about themselves. That I can give people the chance to fill safe and I help them to maintain the ability to still be able to do for them selves. I Love to share my skills were it is needed.
Office tension
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 1, 2016
Upper management has no clue to what goes on in the office. Staff do not work together but against each other. Stressful work environment, no team work.
Pros
Mission is positive
Cons
Positive mission is only words on paper
Enjoyable
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with the many clients that I had the pleasure of working with. I enjoyed helping them with the various task that were required in assisting them with their everyday living.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work availability
There are Better Companies Out There
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 29, 2016
In one word, RUN! This company has a horrible reputation within the home health care industry. Other agencies have nothing nice to say about them and my own personal experience was horrendous. RUN AWAY!
Pros
You can make your own schedule with the days/hrs. that fit your availability, If you ask for proper pay they will try to work with you, They allowed me to take 2 months off to go to school to get my CNA license
Cons
Horrible communication, they don't fully disclose you on clients, they speak to you and treat you disrespectfully
The BAYADA way
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 15, 2015
Bayada supports the culture that one would be looking for in an office setting. They are able to provide the employee with work life balance with makes the stresses of everyday life easier to manage.
Bayada way
CNA (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 30, 2016
BAYADA was and is a wonderful place to work. A typical day would consist of traveling to a patients home and assisting them in their everyday needs. These needs are specific to the individual and are readily provided for the employee.
BAYADA helped me to gain more appreciation for people in whatever step of life they are currently in or are transitioning into.
My management and coworkers were great.
I would say that the job comes with its everyday challenges but as they are faced and overcome it is quite rewarding.

Want to know more about BAYADA Home Health Care?

Ask a question
Really helpful supervisor, also really friendly people that worked at the office.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work was a routine day. what I learned about this job was patient care. The managment was great. As a caregiver you had to work by yourself, it was at the client resident. The hardest part of my job was meeting and going to new clients home, and not knowing what would be there personality. The most enjoyable part of my job as a caregiver was caring for my patient, making them feel comfortable.
If you work in the field it is an ok place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2015
There is absolutely no job security in the office. The bosses like to play "games" with you, then terminate you for no good reason. No matter how good you are, if you do not fit in with the "click" they will, of course, after they have played some head games terminate you. One of the District managers claims "young people should be out in the field, not in the office". Highly stressful and not worth the worry.
Pros
Good pay if in the office
Cons
No job security and the management is very unethical
Fun, yet exhausting
Skills Trainer/Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Kula, HIDecember 22, 2015
Morally rewarding, financially not.
Great group of people to work with along with a regular work schedule.
No work during summer was both a pro and a con. Relaxing much needed break after a stressful school year but also other sources of income needed to be found.
Pros
Morally rewarding, great management, kind staff
Cons
insufficient pay, potentially difficult clients, stressful work
Bayada Home Health Care
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 24, 2016
Based on my personal experiences with Bayada I have struggled to advance and I'm not sure why. I have met all of my performance goals, just completed my masters, a great team player, and has voluntarily participated in community events. Why I have not been promoted since I have actively pursued higher positions is beyond me that is why I rated Bayada with 2 stars when considering advancement.
Good Company to work for, no raises and diffiuclty obtaining hours
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 2, 2016
For the most part I enjoy working for this company. There are frequent communication issues that have resulted in loss of hours and frustration from client families. I like the fact that someone is always available if I have any questions or concerns. The cons.. company does not offer any raises and does not provide free flu vaccinations for employees.
A great company to work for!
Certified Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for Bayada! The staff is friendly and always there to help if you have any questions. They have great communication skills and their clients were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a job in home health. I hope to someday work as an RN for them in the future!
Pros
Communication, friendliness
Cons
a very wide spread company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 14, 2015
i have worked for bayada while i was in school to further my education. i worked as a cna 1 and 2 in a home basis with clients. the opportunities and flexability they gave me was amazing.
Pros
flexable and understanding
Cons
no pay raises and to much driving
Worst paying Rn job
Rn (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncNovember 10, 2015
Amazing how the picture painted for me about pay, workload, concerns for the elderly, when I was interviewed, did not match my actual experience. It was amazing! What I saw after working hard and barely making a dime where NUMBERS DRIVEN management that could careless about me as a person. I felt used and abused the way they would pile on visits but did not pay me for some of them. This company sucks !! Mr Bayada... Wake up! A BAD reputation is hard to fix.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Numbers driven management, driving all over the place, the pay is terrible
A learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
This was my first time doing home health care, and only having one patient a day to take care of for 12 hours. I really enjoyed being able to spend as much time and work with this patient everyday. I felt there was consistency and progress made after patients illness. A typical day was me arriving early morning and essentially providing all care with any and every activity of daily living.Hardest part was trying to communicate the patients progress or decline to the family members as they did not fully understand his medical hindrances at times. Best part was achieving a goal of the patients and seeing them smile, knowing after all this time they really tried and accomplished their goals.
Registered Nurse
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 30, 2015
Great Company, with room for growth and opportunity
Staff is compassionate and understanding
Bayada is the top leading Home care Agency in the area with competitive salaries