BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care United States Employee Reviews

Helpfull
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: will work around your schedule
Cons: no benefits
If you have to go school, they'll work around it, so you can work and still get an education, they also offer scholarships.
Ability to advance and relocate
Case Manager (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 15, 2015
The employees are viewed as the driving force to the company and are appreciated. The ability to advance within the healthcare field is there. Furthering education is also an opportunity. There is room fro growth for those that would like to go into nursing.
Productive work arrangement with Clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAMarch 12, 2015
When coming to see clients I enjoy giving them a smile and make a compliment. Then help them with getting dressed; feed them; and help them with routines. Office is always ready to help, or I am on the call. Always to help my co-workers with their coverage. The hardest part of the job is convincing clients to be more independently, and tell me what else I can do for them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when clients are comfortable when I am there, and when I see their faces brighten up.
Great people to work with
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Falmouth, MAMarch 12, 2015
Enjoyed working with staff members in the field ,team players good place to work however Bayada needs to review their pay scales
Great Job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great management and clients
Cons: difficult to attain desirable hours, and long commutes
Typical day at work included assistance with ADL's, light patient centered house keeping, meal preparation, occasional escorting to places, take to activities, reminding of medication administration, general monitor safety, and anything designated on patient care plan. I learned about the patient, designated tasks and certain disease processes and psychological and physiological impact. Management is phenomenal! Co-workers are supportive, informative, and inspirational. The hardest part of the job is the long commutes, physical strain, and attaining of hours. Most enjoyable part was getting to know the clients and developing a successful professional relationship with clients.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: do not hound you if you cannot work, communication between staff is good
Cons: pay could be better, assignments can be far away
Much better than other home health care agencies. Management is considerate of their workers. Coordination and communication is good. Respectful of their nurses.
I've worked here for 5 years, it's give and take...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NY and Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the families/coworkers are wonderful, truly making a difference as a nurse
Cons: management is manipulative
The families I worked with have been inspirational and incredibly kind. With Bayada, you get the opportunity to work one-on-one, and have time to be a nurse. Your suggestions are valued and you are appreciated. You are not required to work weekends and the holiday schedule is very flexible. Every nurse I've worked with has been very skilled, friendly, and caring.

I've learned *a lot* of specialized skills, that I am so grateful for.

I am unable to afford the benefits and after working for 5 years without a wage increase was told no to a raise. There is not a lot of job growth available unless you want to become a CM, which seems like a lot of stress for not much reward.

The company prides itself on making their employees feel appreciated. I would feel more appreciated with a cost of living increase and healthcare I can afford than a gift card on Nurse's Week.

I am dedicated to home care, I am dedicated to the families I've worked with. I wish there was more opportunity and Bayada would invest in nurses that take initiative and give back that same level of dedication.
Great place to work while in school
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCMarch 5, 2015
Very flexible around school schedule and staff always give appraisal for excellent work. My only complaint is that shifts aren't very long.
Employers were good listeners
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: Scheduling
Cons: Not enough work
Working for Bayada as a Nursing Assistant was a great opportunity for me , that's why I stayed the length that I did. My immediate supervisor had a very professional demeanor.
Good Company Overall
Reimbursement Associate (Former Employee), Moorestown NJFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of paid time off
Cons: low pay
The workload in the collections department is too heavy. The management tends to hire students right out of college instead of experienced workers. The employee are underpaid. The job culture is wonderful and everyone is nice.
Great company
Nurse Staffing Agency (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Great company with tons of assignments. Company office closed in my area, otherwise would have continued my employment with them
Very good place to work for
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Bayada definitely instills a good work ethic. They teach it's employees the ability to care for others who are unable to take care of themselves. Bayada requires you to complete monthly inservices to keep your certification
Flexiable
Registered Nurse- Home Care Nurse (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Great office staff. Will work with your schedule and be flexible with your needs. Did not like the areas that they would send their nurses.
flexible schedules
RN (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: i pick my schedule
Cons: no break time.
provide 1:1 care to both adult and pediatric patients with in their homes. giving parents piece of mind as they sleep as I am the night nurse.
Compassion and Excellence
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Auburndale, MAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work for the home health care provider is showing up to your clients home on time and providing the best possible care for that individual; whether it by providing personal care or taking to a doctors appointment anything to make the individual comfortable. What I enjoy about the Bayada office team is that they work with your availability and matches you with the best client. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you were able to make the client feel better during the time spent together.
I enjoyed gaining the experince
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAFebruary 10, 2015
I had fun gaining knowledge working for this company and I did enjoy meeting all of the new and different people I got a chance to work for.
not many hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), north brunswickFebruary 9, 2015
Bayada is a great place for someone fresh out of college and needing to get their career started. They offer health insurance and a 401-k. This is a great place if you want to improve your customer service skills. This company has very high expectations of the service you provide to the client and the amount/quality of work that you put out. So you have to be on your toes at all times. I can honestly say that I grew during my time here.
They don't pay the Home Health Aides enough money
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: minimum wage pay, not enough hours, benefits suck
The pay for the HHA's really suck! It wasn't even worth my time because they only want to pay basically minimum wage pay especially for all the work that HHA's have to do. Then they put you through a lot and they want to burn you out. In this economy, minimum wage pay is not going to work for me and my family. Bayada need to come correct with a better pay for Home Health Aides if they want people to stay in their positions longer. It's not worth it!
Just Don't Do It
CNA (Current Employee), PAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great kids
Cons: no communications, lost paychecks, irresponsible, inefficient
Great children, but the office is irresponsible, is inefficient with payment, and does not communicate with the clients or nurses
Great job poor benifits and pay
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Love the work, like the office and managment people poor pay make your own schedule work as much or little hours as you want

About BAYADA Home Health Care

Since our founding in 1975, caring for our patients the right way has been at the heart of everything we do at BAYADA Home Health – Read more

BAYADA Home Health Care Salaries