Bonanza Creek Energy, Inc., an independent oil and gas company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of oil and associated liquids is currently searching for a Site Safety Leader for our Kersey, Wattenberg field location. Candidates must live in or around this location.
Site Safety Leader
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and managing all performance and safety compliance for our field operations. The Site Safety Leader will perform contractor site and equipment inspections, and work with vendor safety staff to validate their compliance with ISN requirements. The person in this role will inspect and audit Company property and operations to identify areas and make recommendations for both OSHA and EPA regulation compliance. This leader will develop and implement Rocky Mountain Region safety programs and training in coordination and cooperation with Regional Management and the Corporate ES&RC Group. In addition to maintaining records and associated databases, the person in this role will track all EHS training documentation and reporting requirements, as well as maintain health and safety compliance documentation generated from incidents, regulatory submissions, permits and other collected data. This role will also be responsible for investigating all incidents, and provide input/reports and recommendations for various control activities.
The right candidate for this role will possess:
- 5+ years of experience as a Safety Specialist or ES Tech/Coordinator required; with experience in Oil & Gas exploration and production preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to safety related matters; Energy/oil & gas codes and standards and industry practices
- Active First Aid/CPR certifications required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline; environmental or safety studies strongly preferred, or equivalent on the job experience in place of education
Bonanza Creek Energy Inc. is rated the #1 fastest growing E&P in the U.S. for 2012. We pride ourselves in our strong employee base. For this role, we are committed to hiring candidates that value a strong work ethic, have a great attitude, and are flexible team players. We offer a great company culture as well as industry competitive pay and benefits.
If you hold these qualities and experience, please send your resume by clicking "Apply Now".