BayCare Employee Reviews

Tbe worst workplace i've had in my lifetime!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 13, 2017
The local office was run by a dictator who only cared for numbers. What mattered most was the quantity of patients, not the quality of care. You can never have a balanced life of work and family with this company. Because you are salaried, they make you feel that they own you . I really regret that i even decided to work for this company. It was the worst csreer move that i ever made.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
A greedy management. Will overload clinicians with patients for the money.
Fun place to work state of the art equipment.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work in. It's an awesome environment and competitive pay it's just very hard to progress in the field and be cross trained in different modalities.
Pros
Pay environment
Cons
Progressing in field.
Fun, exciting and challenging
EAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 19, 2017
Baycare is a professional environment. The support is amazing and opportunities fair. The team that I work with are hard working and respectful as we hold each other accountable.
Great opportunities for growth with this company. Great fellow employees.
PAS III (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 14, 2017
If I were not moving out of state I would never leave this company. They are great. There are some administrators who have power issues, however the company has many facilities and it is easy to change your workplace within the Baycare system.
It was ok needed to have full time
Receptionist/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJuly 9, 2017
Small office but very busy. My duties were checking in and checking out patients, making appointments. Inputting data into the computer, faxing scanning, verifying insurance. I was performing referrals at one time before they moved me to receptionist.
Pros
Yes we dod recieve llunches whick made it nice.
Cons
Yes, the lunches were only 30 minutes whick made it hard to eat and just relax before returning to work.
Safe work place.help patients feel comfortable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mease dunedin hospitalJuly 9, 2017
Working for baycare was the best job ive ever had. I applied after i worked 6 months as CNA . they gave me a chance.after only 2 months i transfered to a busier unit.i worked with heart attack and stroke patients. I took much proud in my work
Pros
Great benifits and great hours
Cons
Non
Hard but satisfying work
CSTFA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
check my cases for the day. Gather equipment and supplies needed for the day. Assist surgeons. update preference cards. Meet with sales reps for new products. Meet with managers to discuss improvements and efficiency of surgical procedures. train teammembers. Order new instruments and supplies for breast cases
Pros
very fullfilling
Cons
hardly any breaks
Amazing benifits
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 30, 2017
Baycare is an amazing company to work for. Most people that work for Baycare never leave. Earn as you lean programs means they value you as an associate and encourage you to advance.
organized, fair, clean environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
organized, fair, clean environment. Friendly staff. Diverse community. Many people open to teaching their skills to all. Lab was great.

great staff
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2017
Get to work at 645 then do safety checks, then go to staff report. Management their is ok. the work culture there is great its like a big family everybody sticks together.
Horrible Management. Will never work here again
Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 21, 2017
Management is horrible!!! I thought moving from another state that this was the best Hospital around. I thought I could be there to retire. They take your PTO for Holidays. The management is horrible. its all about who you know. It was very discriminating. I had a manger stick her middle finger up in my face and call me a traitor. It was so bad I had to see an employee therapist because I was being mistreated so bad. I transferred to the float team to get away from management but the managers bad mouth me so bad, that other clinics didn't want to work with me. Living in a city where you have no family or friends and also being mistreated at work, turned out to be the worse mistake ever. leaving Baycare was the best decision I ever made. I can go on with other examples of mistreatment, but all I can say is. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
PTO taken and bad management
Excellent company
RN cn2 (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 19, 2017
They are driven to provide their employees with a comfortable safe ever improving pleasant work environment taking pride in employee longevity with their company
Pros
Food gift shop online shopping on special sites work attire can be pay with payroll deductions
Cons
A lot of work arounds .all guidelines are not always spelled out clearly as they are ever changing
No professionalism
Team Member (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 17, 2017
This is the most poorly run company I've ever worked for. Corporate seemed to want the best for everyone but the local home care office is run like a dictatorship and there doesn't seem to be any checks and balances to keep the office management accountable. Administration spends hours of time on personal calls/issues. Patient confidentiality is a joke. Speaker phones going all over the office with no regard as to who could be overhearing the conversation. The lack of professionalism is amazing. The turnover in field staff is unbelievable. Having said all that...co-workers are great. Everyone really tries to help each other out.
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 14, 2017
This is a very large company and they have the worst pay scale ever. I went to school for almost a year to become a medical assistant for them to only offer me $10 a hour? What a waste of time! This company believes that their benefits outweigh the compensation.....WRONG! The benefits here suck and the only great thing is you can go to team care for free treatment if it is something minor. Let me not forget about the management... Management sucks!!! They have no skills or training in how to be a manager, where do they get these people? And they all are in an inner circle that just can't be touched. This company is not all what it's cracked up to be.
Pros
Free lunch from reps
Cons
Poor management, horrible benefits
Baycare Review
Resource RN for ICU, ER, Telemetry, Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJune 6, 2017
Excellent place to work! The Manager works around the crazy schedules of registered nurses who are also full time housewives and students of different nursing universities. Proud to work in St. Joseph Hospital- North!
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Never work here ever again
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 25, 2017
The doctors were wonderful, coworkers were wonderful and patients were great to work with, management and the way the hospital was run is lousy. No one is held responsible for anything. Taken off the floor from work without reasons given. Many times seen things that should not have been done in any facility. Would never recommend working for any Baycare facility ever again nor would recommend being a patient in a Baycare facility.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no assistance given by upper management
It's all about who you know.
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 24, 2017
I worked for Baycare over 5 years. My last position left a sour taste when it comes to how I feel about Baycare. All they care about is numbers. Coordinators make up rules as they go along, managers being switched around. Open door policy is a joke. If you even try to talk to leadership about an issue or concern, they seem to care to your face but behind your back, they are mad that you you created a problem that a manager has to fix. Managers don't care about their staff, they don't acknowledge your birthday, good work, or exceeding expectations. As the company focuses on merging into a one stop shop for all Healthcare needs, departments are falling apart by bad management and no higher ups seem to notice and or care.
Pros
Great insurance, sick childcare, and free TeamCare clinics
Cons
Bad management, values not taken seriously in many departments at different locations.
work
Registrar III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2017
great management willing to work with you only thing is you are definitely underpaid for all the work you do all day while on your feet and of course holidays all must be worked.
Very energetic place to work
Liason (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 20, 2017
A great learning experience for Liaison. The work is rewarding and I Enjoy meeting the families of the patients I evaluate for our facility in Sarasota.
Pros
The staff is great
Cons
NO room for advancement
Makes their staff a priority
Med-Surg Tele PCU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 19, 2017
I enjoy working for this company, they value their staff and their patients. They invest in educating and preparing their staff to be able to reach their goals of providing excellent healthcare to our communities.
Pros
Good culture, competitive wages