BayCare Employee Reviews

Friendly People but generally disorganized
CONTRACT ASP.NET Software Developer (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Casual work environment, flexible schedule
Cons: Rigid bureaucracy many time wasting "Feel Good" meetings.
People are friendly and knowledgeable. I gleaned some valuable experience working as a contractor here. Management priorities shift almost daily. Many time-wasting "feel good" meetings and required activities eat into the amount of ACTUAL work that gets done. coupled with a rigid bureaucracy that extends to all levels of the organization. This is a good place to start or wind down your career in development.
Baycare as an whole is a great Employer
Registrar II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 11, 2015
Baycare Health System is a diverse work environment. Baycare Health System is an organization in which you can progress. Baycare Health System has great benefits. I beleive the pay can be a little better for those who aren't clinical.
A good place to get paid in the social service field
Caseworker (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Lots of activities geared towards employees
Cons: only have 30 min breaks in the department. Insurance isn't that great
Growing company that has a cluster of hospital's under them. . My department is a good place to work, helping patient's with their bills, however with being a department of mainly women, there can be office politics
Great Compary
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dunedin, FloridaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: NA
Great Company. Will continue to work for Baycare. I am looking for a PRN and/or part-time employment. Baycare is great to their employees and is very fair.
Fun challanging place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2015
Fun fast paced environment, many great people work there. However, just wish that the management would notice those that are more productive than others.
Working in the marketing department was horrible
Marketing Coordinator of Special Projects (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Terrible work environment
I worked in BayCare's marketing department a few years ago and I believe there has been a shift in management so I hope the environment has improved. When I worked there, the environment was terrible- very cutthroat. There was so much red tape, it was almost impossible to complete a project.
Productive work place
Laboratory Medical Technical Assistant IV (Current Employee), Tampa,FlMay 11, 2015
Pros: 401 k, PTO's
This company offers a great stability and training opportunities.
Their culture motivates the personnel to be accountable and, even though sometimes the amount of work and high pressure may be overwhelming; the sense of team work it is always present. Great co-workers!
Steady and reliable place to work
Rehab Technician (Current Employee), Clearwater, FlMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and overtime
My duties:
Responsible for building Schedules for Therapy
Working with a team
Transport and transfer patients within healthcare setting
Handling medical records
Therapy assisting in daily duties.
Monitoring temperatures and cleaning medical equipment.
Helping patients with exercises under supervision of therapist.
Contacting insurance companies in order to verify coverage.

Job that requires multitasking. You have to be able to work under stress. The best thing about that job is ability to see the patients as they progress and get stronger.
Imaging Director, manager out of touch with reality, Kiss Tail or get out
Imaging (Current Employee), Hampton LakesApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay
Cons: Manger and Director are very odd to work with
Outpatient Imaging Managers encourage team members to treat patients like numbers!! Encouraged to rush patients through their studies without treating them with the dignity they deserve. Feels like working in a meat market or something!!! feel really bad for the patients!! I would recommend working at another facility that truly cares about their patients, and not so much on numbers.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Safety Harbor, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: Large, establised company
Offers substantial tuition reimbursement and encourages furthering education. Very supportive management and co-workers.

BayCare has a very thorough new hire process which was extremely impressive and organized for the large group of people that attended.

I enjoy interacting with clients and providing great customer service.

The company as a whole sends out regular electronic and written communications to all employees keeping everyone abreast of internal and external events sponsored by BayCare.
Already reviewed this one
Home Health Care Psychiatric ARNP (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Already reviewed this one
Cons: Already reviewed this one
I have already reviewed this one.

Started day at 7-8AM and ended it at 5PM.

Enjoyed multi-disciplinary approach to solving the patient's issues.

Large case loads were hard to keep up with.

Hardest part of the job was being alone most of the day.
Horrible managment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: close to house
Cons: everything
RN in a busy department. Very short staffed every day. Managment including charge nurses constantly micro managing and harrasing nurses and techs. Write staff up the first week on the job and then tell them you get one more and you are fired. They do is in The first 3 mo so you're left with no benefits. Then throw policies at you that you knew nothing about and walk you out the door. Saw this happen numerous times. Lower paying than other area hospitals. Very disappointed in the culture it's almost unbelievable the daily harassment. You've been warned.
Excellent staff team
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2015
Baycare is a nice and clean environment to work. The staff is nice and pleasant. The management team is awesome. Great place to work.
I loved working for this organization!
Financial Assistance Caseworker (Former Employee), Lutz, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers, job satisfaction, great organization, good benefits, beatiful facilities
Although this organization is large and has many hospitals within the health system, it has consistency in management and the values are impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed working for this organization and found an unending amount of support. I previously worked in the Financial Assistance Department and found great job satisfaction with a fun working atmosphere.
Great place to work, really looks out for employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Management is always looking out for employees. Patients can be hard but are also the best part of the job. Coworkers become like family.
I enjoy the work but the pay is horrible
Medical Courier (Current Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: i enjoy the driving and the ability to work outdoors
Cons: the pay is very discouraging
I spent 7+ years as an independent contractor courier and I was able to earn a decent living but in January 2012 all that changed. All the independent contracts were cancelled and we made to become employees of a BayCare partner company called Care Ride LLC, with only a 2 week notice, if we wanted to continue working there. Now I barely make a living wage. I believe what I do is undervalued and under appreciated.
Excellent place to work in this area of Florida.
PASR II / Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 28, 2015
It is very busy in the department that I work in. I learned that BayCare has given me an opportunity to still work in the healthcare field even though my job is obsolete because of computer technology. The management in the area I work always have the time for employees and my co-workers are a great group of folks to work with. The hardest part of the job is always trying to keep a good costumer relationship with whom ever I need to deal with at the time either it be other staff members or physician office staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a place for all patients that require a bed and don't have to wait more then a one hour to be placed.
Stable company
Education Assistant II (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: stable
Cons: hierarchy
BayCare is an organization that offers a stable work experience however it is difficult to overcome the leadership stuck in their ways.
ward clerk
Health Unit Coordinator and Montior Tech (Former Employee), Safety Harbor, FLDecember 31, 2014
Excellent place to work with kind employees and top notch doctors
good colleagues,out of touch beaurocracy
md (Former Employee), mdDecember 17, 2014
well organized child guidance clinic-nice colleagues, upper management somewhat out of touch with clinical realities.Tight schedules(1 hour intakes, 3 followups/hr
Headquarters