BayCare

BayCare Employer Reviews

Very Great Company
Nurse Care Tech (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 5, 2014
They are very professional.
Anyone could enjoy this company

Great Workplace Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 30, 2014
Great Workplace Environment with Great Benefits. Management is excellent and always willing to listen.
works hard ,fast learner and reliable
Clerical (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: reliable, hard worker
Cons: tend to overwork
I am a reliable hard worker who works well with others. I pay a great attention to detail and always go the extra mile .
Productive and outstanding co workers
Procurement Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 14, 2014
Working for BayCare has been a great opportunity. I have had the pleasure to work with some great people and have met many influential leaders. I have added six years of business experience and through the process I have learned a lot about myself as a professional and as an individual as I strived to achieve greatness.

BayCare as a work place is fun – more... but at times there is a great sense of being micromanaged. if you are lucky advancements can happen rapidly, but for some others it gets frustrating trying to be promoted.
However, the work load is manageable, challenging and keeps everyone busy. I would recommend BayCare to anyone seeking good opportunities with the willingness to work hard. – less
BayCare Health System is committed to their mission
Mobile Pool RN providing bedside nursing care (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 10, 2014
Pros: commitment to care in a rewarding healthcare field.
Cons: clients are there because they are ill, but improving their health is rewarding.
Company of Excellence and Advancement with RN assignments per patient acuity.
Still working with BayCare and enjoy it
Office Manager/Team Leader, Primary Care (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Great place to work, great people, great reputation, only reason that I am seeking other employment is because the physician's office I manage, the physician is moving/relocating. I'm seeing what is out there for employment.
coordinator of kitchen
Food and Nutrition Service Coordinator (Former Employee), clearwater. flJanuary 15, 2014
scheduling, coordinating staff to complete job duties handling patients satisfaction problems. ordering supplies counseling team members.
My time at Baycare
Patient care tech (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2014
My time at Baycare has been great. I started out as a housekeeper then I became a PCT. Now I'm a PST and trying to go into nurse. I've learned alot and made alot of new friends. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
Good benefits, good experience, great employees, education reimbursement
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), St. Joseph's HospitalDecember 27, 2013
Pros: education reimbursement, different job opportunities, higher pay scale
Baycare is an excellent place to work. They offer a lot of educational opportunities with education reimbursement. The salary is better than most of the other hospitals in the area. The hardest part about my job is finding the balance between working night shift and spending time with my family.
Management almost invisible.
Lab Tech (Former Employee), TampaDecember 1, 2013
Pros: salary comparable with average for surrounding hospitals.
Cons: short breaks, invisiable management.
Worked in the lab for several years on the overnight shift. The staff itself was great. Everyone got along and worked hard with little to no drama.

The management however, was all but invisible. I've gone over a year without seeing or hearing from her with the exception of my evaluation being left for me in a sealed envelope on my work station. Employees – more... would suddenly vanish without word if they were still employed or simply on leave. We'd have to figure it out for ourselves. If we were short handed, we weren't even informed if there were new applicants being considered until maybe a day before any new hires came on board. Day time had several luncheons given to them throughout the year, we'd have none or maybe left overs if anything was left. We'd wonder if anyone in the back office knew we existed. I now know how Cinderella felt. – less
Baycare Team Leader
Team leader (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2013
Pros: fair
Cons: corporate
Ok, its very structured. There is oppurtunity to grow and learn.I have learned EMR and Insurance verification. I enjoy helping out the patients and taking time to explain issues such as financial aspects with the patients. Manangment is restructuring as of January so there will be changes coming down the line. My co workers are great!! I am looking – more... for a position with better income, I am very flexible and have no restrictions when it comes to when I can and cant work. – less
Awesome patients
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), St Petersburg FloridaOctober 22, 2013
I enjoyed seeing the same people come in weekly you eventually learn about them and their life. I checked patients out and scheduled their next appointments. I did not enjoy the management though, it seemed like we were never aloud to do anything outside of our job. Asking our co-workers how their night went was not aloud. I like the hours.
overall not bad
Imaging Service Representative II (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 20, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Most of the time if your job is being discontinued they will transfer you within the company. Most enjoyable part were to friendly co-workers.
Very nice co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa,FL.October 15, 2013
• This Position is Contracted through On Assignment Healthcare Staffing
• Triage
• Data input for Florida Shots, Allscripts, Labcorps, Quest, and Becon
• Flu Screens, Strep Screens, Mono Screens, Urinalysis, Pregnancy test, hearing and vision test, Tympongram
• Administered Shots
• Phlebotomy 25-30 draws per day
• Orthopedics
• Gastroenterology
• ENT
 – more... Surgery – less
Friendly environment
IT Generalist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: temporary job
I experienced many different jobs while at BayCare and work with many different people. I discovered that the culture was different at the various facilities.
Self sufficient position
Laboratory Medical Assistant III (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 19, 2013
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: short breaks, no room for advancement
This job was an experience for many reasons. Showed me how to deal with negative peers and strive to make sure that patients came first no matter how much work was to be done. Gave me more work ethic and initiative.
Stay away from IS Shope
Project Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 30, 2013
Pros: large health system
Cons: bad culture
The IS shop used to be a great place to work to serve the patients and community. That is no longer true under the current IS leaders. THe voices of the team members are not considered and the adminstration is disrespectful micromangers. Yelling and putting employees down and treating them with disprect is the way of life. Lying and untruths are tolerated – more... and encouraged. It is really bad environment. – less
BayCare Health System
Manager System Marketing (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 10, 2013
Company is sound, but executives at System Marketing are not living BayCare Values. They say they do, but they do the opposite. Micro management environment with zero accountability showing favoritism and accommodating friends and family to key positions within the company; cut throat environment.
excellent place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 20, 2013
Pros: caring interfaith hospital
I have learned so much working here. the staff is wonderful, great benefits!!
Stay away from iS shop
Leader (Current Employee), ClearwaterMay 10, 2013
Pros: interesting technology used for patient care
Cons: leadership
What was once a highly skilled and service focused team has been destroyed by egotistical and dominating leadership. This leader does not understand or care about the changes in the employee group and is not committed to development. Micromanagement is the way of the world. A very high level of mistrust exists. The companies most senior leaders are – more... well aware yet do nothing. – less

About BayCare

BayCare Health System takes care of folks lounging (or limping) at the bay in the Sunshine State. Established in 1997, the health – Read more