BayCare Employee Reviews in United States

BayCare is an excellent company to work for. They value the patient and their team members.
Administrative Assistant for three I.S. Directors (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 21, 2016
BayCare is an excellent company to work for. They stay true to their mission statement and BayCare values. Patient safety and satisfaction is key. BayCare offers outstanding training classes. My co-workers are proficient and professional. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the many changing meetings. I enjoy the people I work with and the leadership team is driven to growing the company and attracting exceptional talent to assist in being a top healthcare company.
Training for Cerner and Ge centricity
HIM TECH (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaJune 7, 2016
Training for the above mention for HIM TECH. Non-clinical should be trained separately for those you don't have experience. Everybody learn differently and at different pace. The training for Him tech could be better and should give you more time to learn all pertinent documents medical records & more material to study. Or a separate computer class for HIM TECH to learn and study, since they don't have time to train. Or only hire experience HIM TECH. Change the job description.
Pros
pay, very nice people
Cons
lunch to short, training
Great place to work with awesome people to work with.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work would be to help the therapist set up any procedure that they would be performing. The learning experience was awesome, from how to take care of patients and interact with them after tough surgeries to setting up wound care equipment. Management was amazing as well very understanding and helpful. Co workers were great people with great attitudes. Hardest part of the job was lifting Heavy patients. Everything else I enjoyed.
Pros
Working in an environment where you can help people
Cons
It was a good drive away.
Work enviornment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2016
I Really Disliked Working Here . First off you're coming into a facility where people have worked here for 10+ years and they are very defensive about their job. Also , the floor was very divided. Its my first day , do i have to choose sides? Employees didnt respect managers . And vice versa . They would get into altercations in front of the entire staff. And instead of leaving it alone it would be dragged along all day.
Benefits
Cons
Drama
I like my job and my manager is a fair person. She is supportive and "has my back" when needed.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 17, 2016
From when I get in until I leave I am busy. I have increased my medical terminology and skills set. My manager allows me autonomy to do my job and challenges me with new tasks. Co workers are ok. At times their lack of patience with processes can be problematic. Too many interruptions for the "little stuff"
Autonomy.
Pros
autonomy-they know I can do the job and trust me to do it! Adequate workload, support when I need it from my manager
Cons
Hate the commute, not being included in management decisions that affect my job
Nice co workers poor management
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 20, 2016
The equipment is ancient, always something broken not working which adds stress to the job, computer issues every week, management style of intimidation and fear is the norm and there is no appreciation for hard work and loyalty, the same people do all of the work and others do the bare minimum, pay is low, beware of this place, trust no one
Pros
Nice patients and ER staff
Cons
Poor management
Worst part about this place is the management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 6, 2016
And apparently I worked on the floor with the "best manager in the hospital". Sure, if a passive aggressive, misogynistic, 'boys club' manager is what you like. Management clearly picked their favorites, and if you weren't one of them you were screwed. Get on their bad side and they would do anything they could to find a 'valid' reason to fire you. Only gave recognition to those that were favored. Very passive aggressive. People would scatter when mgmt came on the floor, and mgmts daily attitude would determine the overall attitude of the floor.
This company supports their nurses and the techs that are becoming nurses. That's it. Good luck here.
Pros
Cafeteria makes a good omelette
Truly a "team"
RN Staff Nurse Home Health PRN (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLApril 16, 2016
This was my favorite job not only because I enjoyed the work so much but the office I worked with was a 10 only because corporate allowed our local management to adjust to the offices specific needs. EX: being very rural our drive time was considerably more than city home health so our patient visits were less than city. There are really no complaints after 2 1/2 years of employment.
Many opportunities within the healthcare system
LPN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 11, 2016
Apply to several different positions as it may take weeks for them to get back to you. Be prepared to ask plenty of questions if you are invited for an interview. Holiday pay is taken out of your PTO after you qualify to use your PTO.
Pros
Nice staff and good benefits; plenty of opportunies within the company
Cons
Huge corporation; Complicated EMS; quantity and speed is the highest priority
Pretty place with poor management
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Tampa BayMarch 24, 2016
This company promotes inexperienced people into management. They want things done quickly but not thoroughly, and do not value experienced employees. Furthering education is not valued and even discouraged. Older employees are exploited for their expertise and then discredited and discarded. Don't go to HR, as they will only believe and back management. Don't believe the hype. My advice is if it's too good to be true then it isn't! Run...
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Poor management
Love Clients and Co-Workers, Management is a DISCRACE
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 15, 2016
Current Employee - 5+ years

Teammates are the only reason I stay.

Middle management will crush anyone who gets in their way. They will yes you to death and lie to your face. Hidden agendas abound, they will crush your dying carcass without even giving it a second thought. As you climb the ladder it only gets worse....In the end Patient care becomes a distant second.

ED patients are left for hours without answers and inadequate information is typically relayed to them to keep them quiet.

Very, Very scary place to work...License is in jeopardy every day.

Think twice before you enter the dark halls of BayCare.......
Pros
Teammembers on same level
Cons
Middle management is dishonest and will lie at every chance they get.
At one time this was a good place but management has deteriorated it and as they say it's all about being a giant corporation. Things have changed.
LPN at BayCare Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 4, 2016
Run away this is a terrible environment Horrible management and eveyone looks the other way even when they know it's wrong and whatever you do don't ever speak to human resources it will always backfire on you. The company will bury you if you make any waves and you will always be expendable no matter how good of an employee you are. There are some good people that work there but they need their jobs so I can't completely blame them for looking the other way because they are just happy they are not the target.
Pros
Good benefits, free ceu's, great doctor but also only an employee
Cons
Uneven work loads, long hours w/o overtime compensation
Dont believe the hype
Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Have 1000 prn staff and a handful of full time staff. Only seen my manager twice since starting there, employees have warned me to stay out of sight due to management being passive aggressive and firing people for whatever because they can.nurses sit behind the desk all day and click boxes and call it charting. They do nothing, the techs do everything. You might get 15 min breaks and u might not. Dont believe the open door policy because it's not true!
Pros
A check
Cons
Too many to name
Love my job but management does not meet my expectations
Business Supervisor, Cheek Powell Wellness Center (Current Employee) –  Cheek Powell Wellness CenterFebruary 2, 2016
Responsible for daily operations of Wellness Center including supervision of front desk, fitness, childcare, massage therapy team. Wore a lot of hats throughout the day including group fitness instructor, tour facilitator for new members, hostess, personal trainer, etc. I loved working with my team except for management. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of management.
Pros
Variety of job tasks everyday!
Cons
Management-Dictator
Interesting and fast paced work enviroment
Hyperbarics Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2016
As a Hyperbaric Tech we are responsible for the day to day tx of multiple wound care patients receiving oxygen therapy for various diagnosis. Our team is a cohesive office with a small staff of highly trained professionals.
Unfair and not understanding
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
I was there for 6 months in an internship and after being expected to know the functionality of the department and not being expected to make mistakes in a specialty, they terminated me. I was given a preceptor who was on her final written warning and was very militant in her teaching style. This was a very disappointing experience because this was my dream job and location. I loved doing the job and after a lot of self teaching and lip biting, I was managing my patient care just fine. I even received formal patient compliments. I don't feel like I was set up for success and had many meetings with my educator who assured me the week before they terminated me that they "were not worried about me and I would know if they were". I loved my fellow nurses that I was working with. Many of them were very helpful and understanding and told me on a number of occasions that I was being dealt a "bad hand". I have no desire to return to this organization.
Pros
Fellow co-workers
Cons
Management, their choice of preceptors
Wonderful work family
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL, TampaJanuary 23, 2016
My day consisted of management of NICU patients. I learned that caring for the family is just as important as caring for the patient. Baycare has a phenomenal group of men and women in all positions that are wonderful to work with.
The hardest part of my job was losing a baby, or keeping one alive when it seemed to be doing more harm than good.
The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the progression of an extreme preemie who was touch and go for so long and caring for that infant for 3 months and then it going home.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
sad at times
enjoyed working with this company
Lab Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 26, 2016
I believe that Baycare is an awesome company to work for, there are many depts that you can be trained and eduacated in. very good diverse company.
Pros
kudos, awards, further educatiom
Community focused company
Pharmacy Technician-Certified (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day would depend on your assignment that day and what day of the week it is. I have learned about a lot more medications used in pediatrics and chemotherapy. Management is friendly and by the book. My co workers are generally good people with many different personalities and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is having to pick up the slack on really busy days, where honestly, there should be no slack. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, is knowing I am directly affecting patient care, and that what I am doing daily is making a difference to someone.
Pros
generous PTO, friendly staff, community involvement - especially during the holidays
Cons
number of sick days are limited to 5 occurances per year even with a doctors' note, no meal discounts
Productive Work Environment
Dining Room Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, F.LFebruary 26, 2016
My days working with Baycare were usually busy and consisted of manual labor and customer service. We were to help provide adequate dining and a safe and clean environment. Working there not only helped you gain people skills but also gave better ideas on how to go about certain situations. Our management I can say did the best that they could. Communication amongst it's employers had been somewhat of an issue. I worked in a decent environment with a good staff, everyone mostly got along which made everyone feel like a team. The hardest part of the job would mainly deal with trying to provide our customers with everything that they would ask for and keep them happy as possible with the food we would provide to them. Keeping them happy and doing our jobs right was very beneficial and not only made us as workers feel good but also put a smile on our customers faces.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.