Bayer Corporation

Bayer Corporation Employer Reviews

It was a great intership experience
Data Entry (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2014
It was a great experience. I had a chance to implement what I learned during school and apply it to real life situations in the work place. It also gave me a chance to exercise my skills in working full day shifts and the working atmosphere was at an expected high in positivity. It was a great experience.
Stable Company in East Bay location
QA Compliance Investigator (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great campus in berkeley
Cons: management/culture is slow to change
I worked at Bayer for several years and enjoyed my time there. They are mainly a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility for Factor 8. It was formerly Cutter Labs and the site has been in operation for over 100 years. Their main concern is compliance to manufacturing regulations to create a quality product.
Great place to work with good management
Assistant Research Scientist (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 26, 2014
Work/Life balance is excellent in most departments. Management is open and receptive to Scientist suggestions and mostly does not interfere or micromanage. Co-workers are relaxed and sociable.
Productive work environment.
Senior Manager, Aseptic Fill Operations (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMarch 26, 2014
Excellent ability to move up in the company.
Embraces and celebrate employees' culture.
Great people, Great Company, Hazardous work
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), kansas cityMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great people, excellent pay and benefits
Cons: shift work and work/life balance
A typical day involves leading the team to complete tasks set out by upper management. This could be anything from standard operations ie; using the process control equipment to run the process, monitoring equipment, packaging raw product, troubleshooting process issues, and fixing damaged or non-functioning equipment. The work is can be extremely varied – more... from day to day (and usually is). I consider it one of the best attributes of the job as I prefer a constantly changing environment.
The most negative aspect of the job has to be the shift work. Constantly changing schedules is extremely rough on the body. The hazardous chemical has to be second. Working with things that can kill you or cause permanent damage is not very fun, but the compensation for such risk is rewarded. The company itself is very safety oriented and NEVER have I felt that they have put me into a situation or not given me the proper safety equipment to safely complete the task.
The people who I work with are great and the best part of the job. If it wasn't for the shift work, I would want to retire from here. – less
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 3, 2014
I learned a lot about being in a lab environment and a lot of training in cell culture.
Device company
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IdahoMarch 3, 2014
Pros: salary
Challenging and rewarding, helping accounts with product marketing, billing etc.
Medical Device division
Global Program Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMarch 2, 2014
Highly talented staff with diverse product line in radiology medical devices.
Productive and good culture
Senior aseptic fill associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CaliforniaMarch 2, 2014
The management are very supportive. People here are very nice. You will learn the asseptic process.
Good Company
End to End Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), PittsburghFebruary 28, 2014
Good work/life balance
Good benefits
Good work environment
Productive work place with a great values and a great team.
Production/Assembly Team Member (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 28, 2014
Fast pace work, great team to work with, excellent communication between team and management.
The Bayer Family was part of my Family!
Production Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: the salary & benefits & training.
Cons: sometimes i had to work on christmas.
I Retired from Bayer (Baytown, Tx.) after 28 yrs of service. I'll treasure the memories for the rest of my life. Now, that I've gone out into the world. And decided to go back into the workforce. I'm finding out, that Bayer truly sheltered me from the ways of the world. They put so much into training all of us. And I wasn't just a number on a badge. – more... I was a person that had a name. And the majority of the people knew that name. The compassion and the caring that Bayer gave me and my family will never be forgotten. I Miss my co-workers and I miss Bayer. They are without a doubt, the Best company to work for.
Long Live Speedy! – less
Great place to work.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 19, 2014
Awesome place to work. I had a lot of fun working here. I learned a lot about chemicals and how to apply them to which crop.
Work Life balance
Executive Assistant to Vice President and Head (Current Employee), Whippany, NJFebruary 11, 2014
Accomodating to a full time working mother. Very flexible with working in the office, and from home. Ability to be fully connected via web, email, and lync calls.
Good place to work, stable
Senior Aseptic Processing Technician (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: good enviornment and pay
Cons: no advancement
I like working here but i personally cannot go any further due to not having a degree.
Great Benefits, Good Products
Senior Sales Consultant, Woman's Healthcare (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great products
Cons: no leadership
Products Bayer provides are highly regarded both for customers and end users makes for a satisfying work day.
Great products and people
Senior Business Development Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of my time working for Bayer. I was fortunate to work with some very talented and kind people and represent innovative Women's Healthcare products.
not bad
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 26, 2014
Bayer was a pretty good place to work. I left because it was clear that my division would be eliminated.
Great team
Diabetes Sales Specialist III (Former Employee), NYJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: lack of communication
Bayer diabetes was a great place to work and I enjoyed the management team very much. They seemed to appreciate a work life balance and truly cared about the employees.
Great resources and good people
Associate Research Scientist in Proteomics (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: big budgets and quality professionals
Cons: high turnover and short term projects
A typical corporate day. Usually worked alone and in groups in the research and development. Able to have big bugdets but can have the ability to shift focus quickly. Turnover of employees is always a concern but management also is part of turnover as well. The hardest part of the job can be meeting deadlines and passing feasibility since some startups – more... do not generate enough support. There are good, intelligent people at Bayer. – less

About Bayer Corporation

For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials – Read more

Bayer Corporation Photos