Bayer Corporation

Assistant in global strategic sourcing team
Financial controller
Budget Monitoring
Reputation for job-security.
Commercial / Distributor Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 8, 2013
Employees have great control over their daily work schedules, and in prioritizing objectives. Organization is very lean, and lines of communication are short in the U.S.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate Scientist - Failure Analysis Scientist (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAOctober 6, 2013
Getting the job done right the first time. A very solid and economically sound company. Management are very seasoned members from the industry. Lots of opportunities to volunteer.
ideal work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: 100% focused on what they do.
Cons: excellent healthcare package
workers at Bayer are dedicated and demonstrate highly professional team work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: 30 minute lunch
Very extensive training leading to a lot of knowledge. Friendly environment and enjoyable place to work.
Overall a great place to work. West Haven location no longer exists
Senior Media Specialist (Former Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 2, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria, beautiful campus and buidlings, private office, good pay
Cons: lots of travel, little understanding of video/media needs and processes by management
Days were busy, educational and mostly fun.
I learned a lot about working as part of a team but also the ability to work independently and push for what I felt was necessary to create a positive outcome on a project.
Management was good and not so good depending on the area/department. Knew little about video/media, so a constant battle to educate management – more... on these issues.
Co-workers very smart and hard working, but fun.
Travel was the hardest thing at that time in my life.
The variety of projects I was part of: marketing and sales, training, "day in the the life"... – less
Great learning opportunity
Sr. HR Business Partner (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaOctober 1, 2013
My role affords me the opportunity to address employee issues, coach managers through daily business and personnel related challenges and work on critical projects that impact thousands of employees within the company.

I've learned how to navigate in a large global organization, the value of having a network and partnering with others to achieve greater – more... results.

I am motivated and appreciate that I have had the opportunity to work on a number of challenging problems, M&A activities, organizational redesign and restructuring efforts that have allowed me to leverage my problem solving and decision quality skills. – less
Wonderful, challenging place to work.
Polyol Process Technician (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVSeptember 23, 2013
In my time at Bayer, I worked in four different areas, each relating to polyurethanes. I was able to see how each area impacted the products and developed an expertise in reactor processes, statistical design of experiments, production, and customer issues.
Scope for Learning, Good Team Members with Product Knowledge and Fun Attitude and helping nature.
Sr SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Indianola, PASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: team outings, free dinner when working over time.
Cons: na
Day starts with Stand-up Meeting what is been done and what needs to be done for the Day, setting up goals and any hurdles to be cleared off before starting the work.

Team is amazing helping each other being in a medical IT field offering helping hand in issues and meeting goals.
Recently, team was assigned with a short term project for 3 months, teams – more... performance was amazing in reaching goals with management help in looking after consultants and full time employees in providing all the facilities required.

Always good to work in such companies reaching the targets in time with a fabulous team and management, – less
Very professional place to work.
Master Mechanic for Facilities. (Former Employee), Emeryville, CASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great boss and wonderful place to work.
Cons: none.
My work week was Tues-Sat, 0630-1500.Never had a typical day, I think I may have had one of the most varied jobs in the company.
I worked from WOs, GMP related WOs through Maximo, dispatched jobs and assignments from supervisor.
Learned something new everyday and enjoyed working with and helping out my co-workers on projects.
At times my work load would – more... get rather heavy but not what would be considered hard.
The most gratifying part of my job was the personal contact, relationships and satisfaction of my company and customers. – less
Very good company
Service Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2013
Flexible hours
Like to keep temps for long time
Great people
Can have long hours
pay is competitive
Typical Day at Bayer Corporation - Call Center
Lead Supervisor in Call Center (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: recogniction from the president of bayer corporation
Cons: very short breaks, phone ringing all the time, covering for other positions when they don't report for work.
The call center received phone calls from in house field engineers. When an engineer would call the center, it was our responsibility to find parts they request when they were not in stock in the warehouse.

If a part needed to be found, first step was to make a national broadcast to all field engineers looking for (part number and name). They would – more... be instructed to call the center with info if they had the part in their possession.

At that time the center would then make arrangements with air transportation to pick up the part and deliver to receiving engineer either the same day or morning of next day. It would depend on the emergency status of part.

The hardest part of the job would be if you couldn't find a part needed for a stat call from a field engineer. I was always wondering if it was needed for heart surgery or something of that sort.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finding a very hard part to locate. I always felt like a job well done, and just maybe it would save a life. – less
Fun and friendly work environment
CAD Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 6, 2013
I design or redesign medical equipment for our facility with two othe designers. Every employee here is very friendly and easy to talk to.
Productive and provide scope to grow
Sales Assistant Officer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: only free tea
Cons: health care
This organisation is one of the top organisation in India. It was my biginning in professional life. I was free with my boss and had very strong trust. he always consider my proposals in a right way and approved if found better in the intrest of organisational growth.
Nice
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Whippany, NJSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: ok
Nice Place to Work.

Diversity in Culture is Awsome.

Beautiful Environment.
Bayer Health Care Pharmaceuticals is wonderful company undergoing tremendous restructuring.
Senior Sales Representative - Women's Health Care (Current Employee), Wayne, NJAugust 30, 2013
Pros: excellent compensation and recognition
Cons: no pipeline. yearly re-structuring due to mergers and acquistions.
Bayer has been a wonderful place to work for the past thirteen years. Unfortunately due to recent acquisitions they are focusing their attention to other business units and the opportunities in Women's Health have become limited. The training I have received at Bayer has been top of the line. Our management team encourages constant development and works – more... to improve our strengths. I have developed many strong relationships with Health Care Professionals in New York City and Long Island area of New York and credit Bayer for allowing me to succeed in the women's health care sector for over a decade.
Change is always welcome and exciting however, recently at Bayer change comes with constant restructuring which limits opportunity for advancement. – less
Fun, Inspirational workplace
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston,TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: benefits and company car
Cons: healthcare reform
Worked daily to meet customer needs and improve patient's quality of life. From various managers, I was able to sharpen my selling skills and improve territory management. Inspired and motivated daily by an experienced team of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was manuevering the managed care landscape. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting – more... to know my customers and helping them make a difference in their patient's lives. – less
Very transitional company, trying to find a place in US marketplace
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Southeast USAugust 24, 2013
Pros: independace in role development
Cons: poor internal communication
I travel 4-5 days a week and have learned a great number of business and analytic skills in my days in management at Bayer. As a Key Account manager ,I am activally involved in area sales strategy and implementation of business plans in the Southeast. I have great co-worles who are motivaed and dedicated . Currently there as been a large transition – more... in management and this has created a very unstable environment. The worst part of my job is currently the lack of communication from upper level mamagement about the direction of the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is building business relationships with customers that result in increased sales. – less
Good job!
Chemical Technician (Current Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good management, good people
Cons: benefits
A good job, with good people! The benefits are really going downhill compared to other companies, but it is a really good company to work for!
Media Technician, Executive Administration
Media Production Technician (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 14, 2013
Supported the VP and Director of operations. Trained in my spare time to become a media technician. My work is challenging just the way I like it. As an executive administrator, I supported the VP, Director and 5 Managers of API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) Operations, from Plasma, Media, Small Scale Up, Fermentation and Purification Operations. – more... I enjoy my work and look forward to finding a challenging position to further my career. – less

About Bayer Corporation

For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials – Read more

Bayer Corporation Photos