Bayer Employee Reviews

ok
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 18, 2017
Bayer is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone. The maintence department can be a little difficult to work for but overall the people are nice
okay
Waste Management Specialist, Shipping & Rec (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 17, 2017
okay poor manager, manager needs to be more understanding of employees needs. They may wan to send manager to some kind of classes to help with this. Thank u
Large Corperation
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 16, 2017
Large company. Easy to become lost in a large organization and not have impact or opportunity. So many people involved in projects slow progress and cloud results.
Good employer!
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 15, 2017
Good benefits, very fair compensation, good atmosphere. I would work there for the rest of my career but my group is being relocated and I cannot go to the new location.
Bayer
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2017
My typical day at Bayer can vary from day to day. I learned to operate pumps,chillers, boilers,and chemistry on water samples. The management is a caring group. They try to work with people for work place balance. Hardest part of the job is the swing shifts. You interact with a lot of people. Thatś the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Shifts
Nice company and good team mates
Regional Director, Integrated Delivery Networks (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 11, 2017
None of us is as smart as all of us together. That’s why we have developed two initiatives that collect the best ideas and solutions from all Bayer employees: “WeSolve” allows employees to submit challenging questions and seek answers from colleagues, and the Bayer Ideas Pool elicits suggestions for improvements to the company.
Well known and respected in the industry
B Class Chemical Operator Technical Plant Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2017
Find someone in a thriving community that hasn't heard about Bayer and all their reaches into so many different corners of market place with prescription, OTC, dietary and many other health markets covered. They have a firm hold in the agricultural chemicals arena also.
Pros
Well paid, quick top out pay, great retirement monies
Cons
Horrible family time with hrs worked
Working for Bayer
Process development scientist (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 5, 2017
My position with Bayer was a temp job. While the project did need my some days, there were many days that were slow and left me wanting more to do. I have no idea if this is a reflection on the company as a whole. My supervisor was amazing though.
Advancement
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Victor IowaOctober 4, 2017
There was absolutely no advancement opportunities I was as high as I could go in the company as there was only two employees me and the boss slash owner
Pros
Work truck
Cons
No room for advancement no benefits
Good
Sr. Executive Assistant to VP Product Supply (Current Employee) –  RTPOctober 2, 2017
Good place to work. Acquisition activities. Changing environment. Job uncertainty. Excellent Co-workers. Fun place to work. Long commute. Overall benefits were good.
Benefits
Cons
Acquisition Activities
Love working for Bayer Health care
Region Account Manager-Diabetes Division (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 29, 2017
I worked for Bayer Health Care for 28 years before retiring. I really have feel that this was the best company anyone could work for. I would come out of retirement to go back to Bayer Health Care
Pros
Professional
Excellent
Diabetes Sales Specialist III / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2017
Excellent place to work. Bayer treats people as people not numbers. Lots of advancement opportunities and many divisions to choose from. Made many life long friends there.
Meh
Chemical Operator- B- (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2017
Pay could be better for the amount of hazardous chemicals we deal with and the amount of stuff they expect us to learn. Management speaks safety but alot of the time it seems like it gets thrown on the backburner.
Very Productive and Fun Great Culture
Production Manager API FS (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 27, 2017
Bayer is a great job for anyone that has the chance to get in.
There is no Typical day at Bayer. Excellent company with great benefits. This is one of those jobs that you go home feeling good that you are making a living while making a difference in a persons life. Management and the Teams are all very motivated and Quality oriented. Culture is friendly and productive. The hardest part of the job is the Bay Area Traffic
Pros
Lots of Celebrations and Team Building
A good environment to work and learn from more experienced scientists
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MASeptember 26, 2017
Typically days were devoted to conceiving, performing lab experiments or discussions of results and next course of action. The most difficult part of the job were unrealistic timelines but this was also an enjoyable environment thanks to some excellent coworkers.
Pros
Intellectual freedom was encouraged if able to make a case for new research avenue
Cons
clear goals were sometimes an issue so research would lose direction and focus
Good
Plankeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2017
The managers there were all pretty nice and understanding. The schedules were flexible. It's just a very quiet laid back job. If you're a solo worker that just like to go to work and work, it's the job for you.
Excellent place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange ctSeptember 22, 2017
I have had 3 promotions since my employment with bayer. I have had wonderful managers and a great team of co workers. I had to retire as they closed down the facility in orange Ct. since then I am. I living in Port St. Lucie fla
Not a good workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 21, 2017
If you're a minority it's not a good place to work. The management hear looks down on you and i've heard multiple racial slurs. I had to quit because I was starting to feel uncomfortable working there as an employee
Excellent place to work
Reaction and Utilities Operator (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVSeptember 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. They do a good job of incorporating work along with time needed off. Their training is top notch and safety is priority one. Great place
easy going
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PASeptember 18, 2017
the day was easy to start off, you got 3 hour rotation of different tasks that needed be done to complete the package. i learned about what went into the package, and had to make sure that the equipment in the package was not contaminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2