Bayer

Bayer Employee Reviews

Field Representative
Sr. Field Representative - DFW Lead (Current Employee), Dallas TXAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits, PTO
Cons: Travel, Heavy workload, Top management unaware of "real world" scenarios
This is a good company to work for with great compensation and benefits. It is often difficult to balance work and family with this position due to the time sensitive nature of the Radiology and Interventional side of business.
My coworkers were a fun group of people. I enjoyed seeing them when we had division meetings.
Institutional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: working with the residents and fellows
Cons: dealing with hospital politics
Bayer was a great place to work until they went on the New York stock market. Once they went on the stock market the whole culture changed. They were no longer about keeping their employees or their clients happy. They were all about keeping their investors happy. It took the fun out of the job and many people left, including myself.

I worked my territory independently, except when my manager rode with me. I promoted Bayer products to physicians in their offices and in the hospitals.

As an Institutional Sales Specialist I primarily called on hospitals. I would see the physicians, residents, and fellows in their clinics and in their offices. I would sponsor lunches and dinners for the various departments for things like Journal Club.

Occasionally, I would be able to observe a surgery if we had a product that could benefit the patient.

I would catch the physicians and pharmacists any where I could, especially those that had more say in hospital politics.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNAugust 18, 2015
Company has a very healthy corporate culture and practices what they preach. This is the best place I've worked, business leaders are very talented individuals that promote creativity and practicality. There is lots of room for opportunity here with multiple key players nearing retirement age.
A busy lab, people I work with are fun, makes time go fast.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Like the people I work with
Cons: Long drive to work
It is a busy laboratory. Testing up to 500 samples on very busy day. Most day are not that busy. Work with fun people who make the work day go fast.
It was a excellent company to work for
COORDINATOR OF FREIGHT DOCUMENTS (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits etc. Very professional company.
I was busy from the time I got into work until I left. I enjoyed what I did. I enjoyed working with people. I did data entry into a Laser Optical Filing System. I did legal searches for the Law Dept., Customer Service etc. Prepared freight invoices for payment.
A great company with unique products that have been fun and challenging to sell.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Building relationship with internal and external customers, learning different disease states, learning different products.
Cons: Incentive plans changing every quarter.
A typical day is preparing/analyzing data and organizing selling materials and selling messages to use on key/targeted customers. Over the years I've learned so many selling styles and models and what is most important to patients, customers and healthcare in general. I've been fortunate to work under very professional leadership and with some of the best managers I've interacted with over the years. The hardest part of the job was working with incentive planning to keep sales consultants motivated and the most enjoyable part of the job was coaching sales consultants to use different selling skills and coaching them to drive results and watching their numbers rise.
The best place to work - ever
Sales Force Liason (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Employees
A great company. Work Life Balance. Development Opportunities. Career Advancement. Management encouraged to develop employees Reward and Recognition. The only reason I am not still employed by Bayer is because they moved to New Jersey and I was not willing to relocate at that time.
EXCELLENT COMPANY
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 21, 2015
THIS COMPANY TAKES CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES. VERY TEAM/FAMILY ORIENTED. GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS. PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY. GREAT MANAGEMENT.
Great atmosphere for learning.
Technical Services Veterinarian (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSJuly 20, 2015
Bayer was a great place to work. Colleagues were supportive and encouraging. Bayer employees work hard, play hard, and help each other when needed.
Solving Accounting global problems related with SAP limitations
Accountant/ SAP Consultant (Current Employee), Barcelona, CTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Intranet with a lot of documentation about SAP
Cons: A lot of Burocracy and the Meritocracy is not met
Solving Accounting global problems related with SAP limitations. Examples are:
I have given solutions to complex problems related to the SAP automatic limitations; for example how wrong the Assets could be reported by Business Unit because SAP can't translate retroactively to the PCA module the changes in AA module, therefore creating inconsistencies in the reporting (in SAP Business Objects). Or how, if the transaction J1AI (which creates the inflation revaluation on the fixed Assets) doesn't work like the related IAS, you have to recalculate manually all the historic revaluation and introduce the data to AA module with a data migration. Also I have given trainings in my current job to other employees, even though I have been working there for little more than a year.

And monitoring and reviewing the overall accounting process in SAP.
Management lack of communication and training
Customers support and Customer service (Current Employee), South Deerfield, MAJuly 16, 2015
Management lack of communication system. Unfairness raise and two different pay skill for the same kind of work. Supervisors lack of good judgement, tend to take opiom from other than to question the person him/her .
Wonderful career
Medical Service Engineer and Supervisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Everything
Working for BAYER these 18 years has been terrific. I have honed my skill in all areas from technical to management to sales and how to work with Employees.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
People were okay to work with. Great location. Busy environment to work in. Training providing consistently to meet changes in day to day workload.
Great place to learn about the industry & meet intriguing people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Joseph, MOJuly 7, 2015
I loved working for Bayer! I learned so many new things every day! My boss was also the best boss that I have ever had in my life. He encouraged me to ask questions, reach out to my peers, learn, & solve problems. I also really appreciated the generous discounts that Bayer provided to their employees.

I worked at Bayer as a consultant on a large scale construction project. I was the go-to person for a lot of people in the plant to find documents, create document binders, contact vendors, create digital document libraries, edit documents, track tasks, and to help others by preparing new documents.
raw materials
Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJuly 1, 2015
It was the most fun and productive work environment I have thus far experienced bc of the comrodry with some of my coworkers. Management was focused on the amount of product out the door
work and life balence and great benefits
Scientist II (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: great name value, work and life balance
Cons: big company and politics
work with nice coworkers.
provide great benefits and work and life balance.
because of the company size, it is difficult for employees who is under senior to be promoted.
Very inefficient company with medicore products
Account Manager (Current Employee), Field BasedJune 27, 2015
Pros: Nice HQ
Cons: Too much restructuring/reorganizing, lack of vision from upper management
Many of the processes at Bayer are very inefficient. Upper management often lacks clear direction. They seem to be uncommitted to retaining top talent and often restructure.
Great Job
Package Operator (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSJune 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great money
Cons: Long Long Hours
Mix Flour ingredients
• Milling machinery maintenance and repair
• Utilized and maintained flour filters, air locks, performed facility sanitation requirements with minimal supervision
• Ensured bearings were properly lubricated
• Maintain inventory log
• PERFECT SAFETY HISTORY - never received on-the-job injury
• Medical Team Response Member - received various awards throughout duration of employment
Good Company
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST/Corporate Auditing (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: job security
Overall, a good company to work for.....as with most divisions, job security is a concern......job share needs to be looked into.....too many positions with 1 person doing the job of 3.
re-structering a company that re-called all products
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 11, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Employees losing their jobs
Employees worked hard and were told they would have wonderful positions once the company was running again.Once the company was up and running again it decided to close and is currently trying to sell.
Headquarters