Bayer

Bayer United States Employee Reviews

An excellent learning experience.
PCT Intern Engineer (Former Employee), Baytown, TxApril 19, 2015
With the time I worked at Bayer, I have learned much about the life in a plant and as an engineer. This experience showed me how important teamwork and communication is in any situation. Also, the guidance that was given to me was very important because they gave me so much encouragement and support, wanting me to improve and succeed. Being in this kind of environment is crucial to achieve success because this symbolizes that everyone should work together to reach the goal. Even though there were things I didn't understand, there were people always there to help me.
great place to work
assistant operations manager played major role (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 16, 2015
great company to work for

fantastic work environment

teamwork

challenging atmosphere.

very rewarding

I was highly thought of by management and fellow employees
Bayer CropScience would get high marks as a place to work
Contractor (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Hires a lot of contractors
Bayer CropScience is a great company to work for. It is unfortunate that a number of personnel in the company are contractors and when monies get tight they are the first to have to hit the unemployment line. I would highly recommend Bayer CropScience as a place of employment.
Bayer
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAApril 8, 2015
Bayer is a great company to work for. So many opportunities for you to grow. I wish they have an office in Southern California.
Farming
Intern (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDApril 8, 2015
Pros: lots of drive time
Cons: boring
Driving all over the state of North Dakota and Northern Minnesota maintaing/farming show plots. Maintaining plots begins in the spring where we plant the canola seed. We plant 10-13 variation of seeds in different rows. Next is spraying, followed by harvest.
Run like the wind away from Bayer
Management (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2015
Pros: Pay is outstanding for a reason
Cons: Everything else especially management
This company will tell you one thing and do the complete opposite. Some departments are managed by great leaders, while some are not. I was in a department that was not. It was quite awful and no need to go into specifics, but let's say I'd rather flip burgers for $7.50 an hour than work there.

The compensation and benefits are wonderful, but the buck stops there. They will claim you will have everything you need to do your job and technology wise you will, but if you get a manager like mine, watch your back and front. You will know soon what type of manager you get because either you will have direction on what your job should be or you won't.

Whatever you do, don't complain to anyone in management if you don't like your job and be careful when asked "how's everything going".
Great Place to Work
Medical Device Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, People, Products
Cons: Managed care coverage
Bayer is a great place to work! I had a long run at Bayer that only ended because of a change in Medicare reimbursement for the products that we sold. I had great managers and great co-workers my entire time at Bayer!
Challenging and energetic workplace with great opportunities!
Computer Systems Validation Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, NCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, compensation, company store
Cons: None
I enjoyed my years with Bayer Corporation very much. The work was always rewarding and challenging allowing me to learn and grow. The benefits are extremely good as is the compensation. It also affords the opportunity to work with individuals from around the work and experience my cultures in the process.
Great for full timers, not much of anyone else.
Drug Safety Associate (Current Employee), WhippanyMarch 24, 2015
Pros: A paycheck
Cons: Long term consulting impedes career development and access to decent benefits.
Full timers have great perks, however, it seems the company culture has been developed to abuse the help of long term consultants. This is disappointing considering the importance they stress in maintaining consumer relationships. When Permatemp loyalty diminshes, they ultimately lose a customer. Compensation for college grads and the like is very lean.
Good Job Culture
Senior Pharmaceutical Rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
nice co-workers and staff development management, the hardest part of the job was the new certification compensation training and the large territory. I had excellent team and support staff.
Fair and Adequate
Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNMarch 22, 2015
It meets all the criteria for a "good job." Good health insurance coverage, adequate compensation and a yearly bonus of 5%. Manageable stress level and a strict adherence to procedures is expected from all levels at all times.

Minimal growth opportunities and shiftwork/weekend work often required.

Safety is a huge priority.
Solid Company
Biologic Professional Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Autonomy to run my territory like a business
Cons: Seeing people lost to downsizing
A typical day consists of being in the field calling on MS Clinics, neurologists, managed care organizations, pharmacies and any other additional opportunity to drive business. I learned many wonderful things at Bayer: leadership, further developed strategic selling, business planning, and how to enhance partnerships with accounts. I was lucky to have amazing co-workers with vast experiences that allowed me to utilize them as resources in certain approaches to my accounts. The managers that I was able to have while at Bayer were all very smart, professional, dedicated employees. They taught me many valuable tools in becoming a future leader, how to manage situations, and how to manage people. The hardest part of my job was the massive infusion of competition when your product is the initial product in the market, an injection when orals come to the market, and seeing good people lost due to downsizing. The most enjoyable was the ability to see people newly diagnosed over 15 years ago, still on your product, and having a great quality of life.
Great place to learn with best managers.
Senior medical Representative (Former Employee), kuwaitMarch 9, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours and great support
Bayer was a very good place to work in. I learned a lot over there. My managers were all very professional, motivational and supportive. The team members were very helpful and cooperative. It was also a lot of fun and honor to work with such colleagues in a great enviroment. A typical day would be spent mainly in the field of course unless there is an office meeting. I learned a lot on how to handle objectives and hard situations and how to be able to make a change. I had the most fun with my colleagues and when all the regions met for meetings or training.
Hypocracy between what is said and what is done
Controller Sales Forces and Managed Markets (Former Employee), Whippany, NJMarch 9, 2015
Company communications portray Bayer as employee focused, but actual behaviors are entirely $ and bottom line focused.
Greatest colleagues, EVER!
LANDesk Administrator (Current Employee), Robinson, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: difficult to get full time
A company that prides themselves on teamwork, and it really pay off.
A lot of room for your career to grow. Management understands you have a personal life outside of work.
Excellent Company, great work environment
Internal Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too far from home
Great company to work for. A typical day would start with phone calls, preparation of all the expense reports and making travel arrangements. Lots of PowerPoint presentations prepared. Ordered materials. Co-workers very cooperative. Had an excellent manager, great Teacher
Productive and fun workplace
Chemist II (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMarch 3, 2015
Fast pace, productive and energetic place to work. Fun co-workers who have become more like family to me over the past nine years of employment.
Nice company to work at.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: soil and dirt and chemicals are part of the job.
Great company overall, as a stepping stone, especially for plant related fields. Usually, we get there and if no one is present to open the door on time, then we clock in late but are paid for the full time. I learned a lot about cotton plants. The management is generally professional, but could work on organization a little. We wait around a bit, especially first thing in the mornings. The coworkers were nice; some were great, others were working on it. The hardest part is standing on your feet and walking and dealing with dust and smells of chemicals. The most enjoyable is that is is actually very laid back in that you can play music, leave for lunches and take water breaks as needed due to the greenhouse heat.
A very good place to work close to where I live
Sr Specialist, QC Microbiology (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I worked with many wonderful, professional people for 14 years at the Berkeley site, and many valuable learning experiences will always remain with me. However, there tended to be a high degree of turnover at the QC Director position.
Productive, Good working environment
Principal Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Good benefits, Competitive salary including annual bonus. They allow for training when the job requires it. Good team building and cross training within the departments.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bayer

For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and – Read more

Bayer Salaries