Bayer Employee Reviews

I liked the thoughts of the company
Consultant/ Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJanuary 10, 2017
During my stay for over 6 years, my manager was reassigned due to poor management practices. There is an open investigation on racism as well as lack of diversity.
Pros
Nice facility
great place to work
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 9, 2017
great place to work and retire from. was allowed to keep current with technology. was the webmaster for northern Indiana sites
Poorly managed and not valued
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 8, 2017
Bayer is a company filled with managers that only look out for their own. Half of the company is contractor employed and are not able to participate or be recognized by this company. The personal advancement in this company is based on what is most convenient for the company, not based on who most deserves or is most qualified for the position. As a contractor (which 90% start out as), you will not feel valued or taken care of.
Pros
Cons
The company
Having activities at work that requier us to interact with upper management and other departments
Line Technician & Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PAJanuary 6, 2017
My day starts by assignment to a line with different team memebers at any given time of the day. Sometimes we get moved around due to the fact that our job requieres us to be flexable. This is what I like about the job to be able to assist when needed and the idea that at the end of the day I am part of a great comapany with life values. I get along with all my co-workers they makes my day easy with stories of their families. Some also help me when I voluunteer at a local shelter this makes me proud of my co-worker that they are interested to help in this amazing community. Bayer has many functions for us and bus trips to differnt states I believe this is something that we are fortunate to have for r and r time with our families
Pros
voluunter time paid by company
Cons
running lines short thru breaks would like to enjoy break with co-workers and not feel rushed
Excellent learning opportunities and room for growth.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Fast paced Credit Department where I managed many large volume customers. I started Bayer at a very young age and was able to gain many quality skills through workshops, college courses and hands-on opportunities. I enjoyed interacting with customers from small to large and being able to help them with business needs in changing financial climates.
Pros
Great company with excellent benefits
Cons
Work-life balance not flexible
Micro Managed
Mechanical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianola, PAJanuary 5, 2017
When I first started it was a decent place, everyone got alone and worked well together. Our manager made sure we had everything we needed and had lunch meetings every couple of weeks to go over tasks and where jobs were. Since he left this place has come apart and no one does what they are tasked with end then just dodges the blame around...
Great Company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Bayer Animal Health was a smaller company in the industry that created itself to appear as much larger through product category leaders, innovation and imaging.
Pros
Large company with a small feel
Cons
Changed its direction under new management
Awesome and fantastic work place.
Pharmacutical operator (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Bayer was my dream job, many opportunities for advancement. I was very proud to have been an employee of Bayer. The work force was very ideal, very pleasant, and well organized. The company worked with the employees to try to better understand their motivations and goals. The opportunities were endless and great advancements, and furthering your education was Bayer to help in anyway.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 31, 2016
Great work life balance. Dynamic culture, I enjoyed my time at this company..and would recommend it. Great co-workers. Great with technology.
changing industry directive but great company
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 22, 2016
promoted diabetes products to healthcare industry
large territory management, promotions, event and meeting facilitation, training, planning, work from home
Pros
great company
Cons
lots of changes
DON'T waste your time with temp agencies like Adecco
Material Handler / Utility (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PADecember 18, 2016
Expect to work 3-5 years as a temp associate before you're considered for a permanent job at the plant.
During that time you'll have no health insurance, no pay raises, and no guarantees that you won't lose your job due to "business needs". In other words, you're the first to go if the plant hits a slow season or needs to cut back. And there's no telling when, or if, they'll even call you back.
The actual company employees treat you like you're beneath them because you're a temp and they're not.
The temp agency lady is a pain to deal with. Expects you to never call off.
The only pro to the job is that it's relatively easy. But there's no benefits, job security, or advancement as a temp.
You're better off applying with Bayer directly through their website. I knew other temp associates that were working here 4 or 5 years and hadn't been hired into the company. 4 or 5 years later and they were in the same exact spot that they started. Not many jobs you can say that about. Look elsewhere.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no health insurance. no pay raises. never get hired into the company.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 17, 2016
Bayer is full of nice people My supervisor was very nice. I didnt do that much cause i was a intern, but i could tell from everyone else that they really enjoyed being there
Great comfortable environment
Financial Analyst Internship (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 14, 2016
Everyone is very nice and it is a great place to start your working career. Great hands on experience working in a fast paced, working world.
Repeat Question
IT support (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 12, 2016
This is the second time that I have been asked about this company.
The details for Bayer can be found in an earlier answer for the same.
I will bypass this quest.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Management and instructors are to biased.
Purification Technician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 11, 2016
Management is to non responsive to employees, i.e. listens to instructors, but not so much to employee. Instructors set you up for failure if they find ant reason to dislike you.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, instructors
vacation time off
Recycle Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 9, 2016
secure employment ,state of the art tools and equipment ,keep employees informed ,by means of training courses,employee accommodations ie. parking
Pros
holidays given
Cons
problems slow in solving
Decent Place to be
Business Partner Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2016
Work life balance as good, upward mobility was slow. Management were making moves to create more opportunities especially with the merger.
Production (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 2, 2016
Bayer was a good place to work, my co-workers knew what team work was all about, I also had a great supervisor, he knew how to keep everything under control
High stakes job, great schedule, friendly people
MATERIAL LOGISTICS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PANovember 23, 2016
Shift work allowed plenty of free time to travel and relax, work was easy and co-workers were friendly, mistakes/errors were not taken lightly due to the critical importance of the product which led to some stress, management was helpful and very present.
Pros
Easy work, great schedule, friendly co-workers and management
Cons
Fear of mistakes
Good job when it was here
Recorder/ operator (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INNovember 18, 2016
i loved my Job, and the company i worked for, i made a lot of friends, i had to leave to soon because of family problems. work was busy, i learned some word perfect, excel , i learned how to run machinery, safety always first, i learned how to transfer parts form one job order to the next, i worked closely with QA because of government standards.
My Bosses were good, easy to talk to and work with. Not the best co-workers but we did get through the day, and we did have some good times, good atmosphere on the line. Hardest part of my jobs was when i did not have enough time to finish and had to leave my work for the next shift. Then having to go back and make sure the job was right because my name was on the paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job was just working with different people, Good people, made the job good and the day went faster.
Pros
retirement fund, 401k, health care
Cons
they closed out to soon and shipped to mexico

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2