Bayer Employee Reviews

I loved the people, culture, and word itself.
Program Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I worked as a contractor so cannot answer questions about benefits. I never would have left it I hadn't been forced to by health issues. The work was satisfying, the people worked well together, were professional and fun. I was an admin assistant and the other assistants were always happy to help me learn new software or direct me to the right people to answer my questions. Leadership was supportive and my team was always willing to give me challenges. It was a great work environment.
Pros
People, work, professional atmosphere.
Technician Specialist
Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVSeptember 14, 2017
Operated 3 small scale proto type foam machines for a research and development company for applications in flexible foam and slab foam development. Quality control work on plant samples for shipments to customers. Participated on committee to improve safety by observing work behaviors and collaborating with other employees to offer corrective solutions. Worked with customers on identifying production issues and offering solutions at their manufacturing facilities.
Great Company
Senior Data & Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Was a great company to work for. They relocated to New Jersey, so I was separated. If I could have moved, I would have gone with them. Great people, great benefits.
Challenging and Rewarding Position
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 13, 2017
It was a very pleasant organization to work for with excellent benefits. Safety was priority as I dealt with sometimes toxic chemicals that required focused attention.
Great benefits but Management could Use Improvement
Sr. Production Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 13, 2017
Many people in Management roles are incompetent at their jobs and it would be helpful for them to receive coaching and more leadership/management training.

Benefits overall are very good.
Pros
Good vacation time
Cons
loved my team but , new manager every year I worked there
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 11, 2017
I worked there for 8 years and had a new manager every year. 6 managers were great. 2 were terrible. When I left, the one I had was like working for the devil himself.The company was progressive. Good pipeline.
Great Work/Home Balance
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2017
I wasn't a full-time employee, only an intern but the company made me feel welcome and treated all of their employees great. Offered many company events.
Pros
Paid Holidays, discounted lunches, free parking
good place to work
Pharmaceutical Operator (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PASeptember 8, 2017
i was offered a severance package and left bayer. i than enrolled at harrisburg area community college and earned an associate degree in general studies.
Great Place
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2017
Finished my career
Helped relocate large facility
Huge staff and support in Engineering
Used full skill set
Mentor and support staff
Learned crop Science after years in High tech manufacturing
Fun place to work
TPM Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianola, PASeptember 7, 2017
Fast paced work place. Great benefits and people. Usually plenty of over time. They pay great and offer a lot of opportunities for advancement. Management is easy to approach.
Pros
Benefits, PTO time
Cons
Monotonous work
Management is poor
In Store Salesperson/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Management at the corporate level is horrible. These people,have never been in a big box store.they do not know,how,to manage people or projects. They spend their time criticizing employees under them.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Schedule, management, no benefits, not honest
Excellent Company with excellent products
Dermatology Senior Sales Consultant, Boston (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bayer. I sold Dermatology products in the Boston area. The hardest part about the job, not unique to Bayer, is the changing landscape of selling pharmaceuticals in 2017. The most enjoyable part of my job included selling my products, developing relationships with my customers and focusing on "finding a way".
Contract position.
QA Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 6, 2017
The experience at Bayer was more than expected. The Manager to whom I reported was one of the kindest persons I ever worked with. She maintained a open and inviting atmosphere for everyone. Her door was always open and inviting. She ensured that we had all of the necessary tools to complete our needed task.
Pros
Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere
Bayer is one of the better companies to work for.
Paralegal, Patent Law Department (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy working for Bayer. I like the relaxed environment which is unusual for a corporate environment. The people are very friendly and helpful. Perks - Bayer Store where you can purchase their products at an extremely low price. Most difficult part of the job is having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is I learn something new every day. I love what I do and love learning new ways to do things. However, I am a contract employee and my position will soon be eliminated. Therefore, I am looking elsewhere for employment. I would definitely stay with Bayer if I could. I will take with me a great experience and friends that will remain as such although I will not be there.
Pros
Educated about the company and products, Experienced a few seminars out of state, Met with the German colleagues - connecting face with voice, met some pretty amazing people.
Cons
No benefits, no vacation, unpaid holidays.
Great company, extensive hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PASeptember 3, 2017
The company was great and very professional with a lot of options for healthcare, vision, and also 401k. I worked in the warehouse, behind the scenes of the assembly lines, keeping the lines stocked with inventory. My coworkers and managers were fantastic but I just never could get used to the 12 hour night shifts. Great company and enjoyed my time there!
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours
This job was mostly travel.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 2, 2017
This job was mostly traveling.

I was on call, 100% of the time. when a medical device failed, I was called in to fix it. I specialized in blood gas and immuno chemistry. The work was solid, there were problems, and I was good at it, which made it more fun.

The biggest problem I had at Bayer was the amount of travel. Being on call meant that I could get called at any time, and I was expected to go to whatever hospital had a problem. work/life balance was poor.
Pros
Excelent pay, healthcare and advancement.
Cons
poor work life balance.
Bayer
Temporary Site Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2017
Bayer is a German based company that comes into the USA and mainly hires temporary workers.

Moreover, at least one of the "managers", Mark (who was promoted, unbelievable enough) is one of the worst managers as well as most immature people that I have ever had the misfortune to work with, let alone under. He literally behaved in a 3-Stooges manner and thought that this was appropriate and cute. Additionally, he had a horrible temper. I was always amazed at how he could turn those traits off on a dime, the second anyone that truly mattered showed up.

Bayer could be a much better company if they actually treated workers in the US in a better manner. I worked there almost a year and a half, as a temporary worker. Give the temporary status a deadline. If I'm still doing a good enough job at 6 months, I deserve to be permanent and to receive all of the benefits that a permanent worker would receive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The lack of permanent hire, bad managers, high turnover rates, etc.
Progressive
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 29, 2017
They really cared for the employees, On Thursdays they would have vendors come into the Cafeteria and sell their wares to employees. They had family day cookouts twice a year. They were very flexible when it came to family emergencies and days off.

They also crossed trained so that all departments were covered when need be.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
For my postition there was no where higher to go.
I did not work here
Commercial Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2017
Indeed has this company confused with another company - I did not work here. I worked at a different Bayer. I plan to contact Indeed so they can delete this post.
Productive and great team
Sr. Product Complaint Liaison (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 24, 2017
Great product and how it would help one when needed. A very fast paced day, interaction with customers and medical field. Very fulfilling to be able to help when needed.
Enjoyed the attention to detail on reports, prepared daily and weekly.
I was able to grow in my professional life while I was employed here.
Pros
Great team to work with and be able to grow
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2