Bayer Employee Reviews

great treatment of people
Eva1uation Expert (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh paOctober 7, 2015
great place to work. Treat all employees with respect. Good pay and benefits. Got to travel to very interesting location globally
Pros
good people treatment
Cons
takes a long time to reach decisions
Associate Temp (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 28, 2016
My typical day at work is productive and fun.
what I learn on my job is to be a leader,and a productive empolye.
management, is fair and easy to work for.
co-worker are respect full amd work together well.
the hardest part of my job is to keep the casr packer running.
what I like most about my job is the environment.
Great Seasonal Position
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 31, 2016
Great positon if you are looking for a short term job that offers lots of bonuses. Great for people that want to work indepently and work lots of hours during the summer. Hardest part of the job is the long travel, you must have a reliable car.
Pros
Bonus opportunties
Cons
Short term positon
Classic union job
Plasma Technician/Inspection Operator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 15, 2016
Very diverse work force
different departments had different cultures
Some workers were lazy
Some departments overworked their workers
Pros
Pay is good for union employees
Cons
Newest union employees can loose their jobs regardless of strong performance
Bayer Nightly Operations
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  100 Bayer Road Piitsburgh, PA 15205June 14, 2016
Monitor various AS400 LPAR sessions and if any problems arise follow documented instructions using HPSM service Manager to notify the correct users of the problems.

Monitor Ocularis for building site issues and follow documented instructions using HPSM service Manager to notify the correct users of the problems.
Top heavy
Research and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 8, 2016
It is difficult to advance in the current industry economy. This has left my group with too many managers not enough boots on the ground. The current uncertainty about mergers and acquisitions has soured moral.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No advancement or reward for quality performance
Dermatology Executive Sales
Dermatology, Executive Sales (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJAugust 3, 2016
Dermatology products being promoted in Central New Jersey.
Strong work ethnic, product knowledge, and exceptional relationship building within the dermatology field.
Dermatologists are wonderful specialists to communicate with on a daily basis.
Good company, saturated with talent, so hard to move up.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJanuary 12, 2016
This company used to be run by locals back when it was Cutter and Miles Labs, but was purchased by Bayer, who brought in their management, causing a culture clash. Lots of talent, and great people, but hard to move up. You can keep your same job until you retire.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
No upward mobility
Great Friendly Hardworking employees and management. Nice Cafe/Cafetria Area
Contractor 2nd Shift Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 17, 2016
I am on my feet everyday going to different departments around the facility. I learned a lot of how everything work from the SAP system, the machinery and what goes on in production. Management is great they are open and helpful with any questions and they are trying to help better yourself. My Co-workers are very knowledgeable and keep an eye out for everyone.
No room for growth
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 8, 2016
The culture is a buddy system, which favors friend over qualified personnel. Room for growth is quickly staggered and over shadowed by others agenda to take cake of a friend.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Education and experience means nothing vs friendships.
Management lack of communication and training
Customers support and Customer service (Current Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAJuly 16, 2015
Management lack of communication system. Unfairness raise and two different pay skill for the same kind of work. Supervisors lack of good judgement, tend to take opiom from other than to question the person him/her .
Great group of co-workers
Office manager/Buyer/Safty Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 6, 2016
I worked with a great group of people. I would arrive to work at 6:30 and update all KPI charts, conduct our morning meeting, pay invoices in SAP, instruct 1 hour OSHA training class, expense reporting, yearly budgeting
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
overloaded
innovative company to work for
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy a challenge. It can be learning a new application, or program. It can be a new technology. Sometimes you have to learn the people and procedures where you work. For me learning is great.
Pros
Pro Technology
Cons
Too many Contractors
Great Place to Work
Category Insights, Shpr Solutions & Cust Info Mgr (Current Employee) –  _January 14, 2015
Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care Division is a great place to work. As with other CPG companies, acquisitions and mergers play a part in my rating on the Job Security/Advancement rating.

Advancement opportunities are dependent upon your ability to relocate. The management at Bayer is diversified as far as styles and as an employee you must adapt. It is a fast paced environment which requires flexibility and adaptability to change. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know I am making a difference.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, sense of community
Cons
depending on location, lack of advancement opportunities
management
Kay account manager (Former Employee) –  Venezuela,August 2, 2016
I am very enthusiastic and organized person, I like work in a team, communications management with analytical skills and problem solving. I am a confident person, adaptable, honesty, integrity, self motivate and with leadership skills.
Pros
like working
every day is a new day
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNAugust 25, 2016
Prepare payroll for processing
Recruit to meet current staffing needs
Build an employee benefit plan that employees appreciate and the company can afford
Enhance the safety culture to reduce injury and accidents
ping pong area space,weight lift room and two cafeteria
Material Handler (Jetstream Equipment) (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 29, 2016
every time on my break always go to ping pong area and play by my self and at the same time the weight room is nearby i always go and lift and two cafeteria for me to use with one is full
Pros
hoilday party
Cons
short break
Great Pharmaceutical Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXSeptember 14, 2015
I loved working with doctors and their staff. This was an excellent company to work for with great benefits. Helping doctors help their patients feel better is very rewarding.
Great Professional Experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJAugust 25, 2016
Great company and good work/life balance. Overall, my experience with the company was a success. I learned a lot and acquired professional knowledge and additional skills to add to my career repertoire.
Nice job if you do your work amd work hard.
Extruder Reliever Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Indianola, PAJune 20, 2016
work hard and you will be rewarded eventually. I really like working there and look forward to advancemen.t. For the most part strong management and support. lots of gossip. just do your work and don't talk about your personal life

4.2