Bayer Employee Reviews

Company is ok to work
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Latin AmericaJanuary 4, 2018
Too many processes making every approval very very slow. Enviroment not very good.
Workload is heavy
Work location very far way from downtown
Great system of training
Very Structured Environment
Strategic Business Architect and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJJanuary 3, 2018
The environment was very structured. I worked mainly in the project management area of the company. I was not a project manager. My group supported the project manager from an IT perspective. Since their world was very structured via procedures and reports, our work became very structured - almost rigid. I'm not saying that was bad, simply stating an observation. It was just part of the company culture.
Pros
Well defined processes
Cons
Could become overly "stiff" at times
Scheduling / Planning
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 31, 2017
Employment at Bayer was very challenging and rewarding. Days were filled with meetings and job assignments. Employees generally have routine daily responsibilities and as well as project responsibilities. Balancing the work load proved to be challenging at times, but the benefits were worth the extra effort.

The culture was competitive and professional. The management teams expected and encouraged excellence.

I would work at Bayer again given the right opportunity.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Professional cultrue.
Cons
Work hours required.
Fast pace environment.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDDecember 29, 2017
Working for a company that produced an average of 60 plus houses a year was challenging. Quality was high. Learning opportunities were very good.Good work environment.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
Salary.
Great Company to Work For
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bayer. They have been a great company for me and have relocated me from Pennsylvania to Indiana back to Pennsylvania. I am no longer apart of Bayer due to my division being sold which is now Innovatus Imaging.
Inspiring company to work for!
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJDecember 20, 2017
Bayer is a cutting edge company with incredible vision for the future.
Employees are offered many opportunities and ways to advance.
Bayer's global mindset is a huge part of its success.
A great company to work with
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
When I was with Bayer, all the managers from low to high had field monitoring experience. This had a significant impact on all aspects of my job including number of sites, number of protocols were low, and expectations were tough but reasonable and achievable. I had excellent managers while there and would have stayed had I not been so naïve!
Pros
Excellent company with good benefits and fair work load
Cons
Travel was often outside my time zone.
We performed migration work for Bayer Turn around / Shut down.
Experienced Instrument and Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TexasDecember 17, 2017
We install new PLC's and the wiring, verified and sold instrument loops, wired and verified motor controls, and verified system/PLC operations. Demoed/upgraded system controls for conveyer belt/bagging operations. Verified Delta V communications within the system and outside devices.
I miss the coworkers
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Indianola, PADecember 14, 2017
I used to work with a great team at Bayer, however it would tend to happen here you would get a few good employees, and then the rest were very lazy. Task balance was not even. Management had its flaws as well. People would be quick to throw you under the bus.
Pros
Enjoyable people
Cons
Repetitive work, low pay
Lead Senior Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 14, 2017
Was a contractor other than it was a good place to work. The projects were interesting. The support was somewhat lacking. However, i would recommend it others colleagues searching for work.

Want to know more about Bayer?

Ask a question
Professional and friendly a great place to work
Intake Group Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 12, 2017
We all worked together as a team to get the job done workers and management together a positive workplace great benefits and perks like working from home and the company store. I felt like I was working with friends it made the workday fly by.
Pros
perks like working from home and the company store.
Cons
Company moves and reorganizations
Collavorative environment
Sr. Government Contracting and Reporting Analysts (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJDecember 12, 2017
Great work environment. Excellent manager. Good work life experience. I've been with the company for over 35 years and I've had a good working experience/
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Can work from home
Work is okay, but management is bad
Analyst, QC Raw Materials (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 10, 2017
Work is okay, but management is bad. Management doesn't know what is going on in the lab. Prioritized more on special projects than what is going on the lab.
Great successful company.
Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSDecember 10, 2017
Bayer is a great company worldwide. It is very competitive. The job required long hours with not very good pay. It was very hard manual work with no breaks.
Unfair hiring practices
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PADecember 10, 2017
Bayer was generally a good place to work, however it is not for everybody. Their hiring practices can be discriminatory and is contrary to their own corporate hiring policies.
Insurance Cost
Contractor SAP Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 8, 2017
* Its as if Belcan has not shopped their health insurance in years.
* 1700 a month is way to much to pay for Employee and Family. You could take a job making 88K and actually make more money than * * 118,000. K at Bayer.
* 88K Net =118K Net working at Bayer
Pros
good money
Cons
insurance cost
Energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 6, 2017
At Bayer we as Sales representatives had the opportunities to grow our markets by spending time with Physicians throughout the country and by Educating and informing all those involved in the Medical Field about how are products would benefit them and their patients.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Pharmaceutical sales reps rarely exist anymore.
stressful and required lots of work hours
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 30, 2017
The people I worked with were great but the job was more than I bargained for. Quotas were not talked about in the job interview. Sales quotas were not talked about at all. I don't mind casual incidental sales but not aggressive sales. Besides the maintenance, repair, installation and sales, we were also acting as account managers which took up too much time making it hard to perform my basic duties.
Great place good people
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianola, PANovember 19, 2017
no complaints got along with everyone learned a lot. happy for the opportunity to get some experience in the engineering industry and meet so many good people
Intern
Intern, Bayer CropScience Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 17, 2017
Typical day: Farm work

Learned: how to create protocols, work with experimental herbicides and seed lots, to manage and control weeds in vegetables

Management: Great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2