Bayer Employee Reviews

ping pong area space,weight lift room and two cafeteria
Material Handler (Jetstream Equipment) (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 29, 2016
every time on my break always go to ping pong area and play by my self and at the same time the weight room is nearby i always go and lift and two cafeteria for me to use with one is full
Pros
hoilday party
Cons
short break
An enjoyable place
Packaging Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 23, 2016
Very enjoyable environment. Did like the team I had worked around. The most enjoyable part is making important decisions at critical times.
Great group of co-workers
Office manager/Buyer/Safty Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 6, 2016
I worked with a great group of people. I would arrive to work at 6:30 and update all KPI charts, conduct our morning meeting, pay invoices in SAP, instruct 1 hour OSHA training class, expense reporting, yearly budgeting
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
overloaded
Bayer Nightly Operations
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  100 Bayer Road Piitsburgh, PA 15205June 14, 2016
Monitor various AS400 LPAR sessions and if any problems arise follow documented instructions using HPSM service Manager to notify the correct users of the problems.

Monitor Ocularis for building site issues and follow documented instructions using HPSM service Manager to notify the correct users of the problems.
Procudtibr
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2016
Pretty koo job not a job I would like to keep very hot was what I expected An they kept us over 15hrs.. Which checks were great but I needed time at home as well. Products was koo
great work schedule. Monday through Friday. Holidays off.
Electrical Designer/Material Controller (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed my employment. Regular schedule. Some overtime. Learned to use computer aided designing and drafting. Learned to design electrical installations for the plant where I worked. Learned to order the material required for installations of electrical and instrumental devices. Learned to estimate how long it would be take for construction to perform such installations.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
lay off
Bayer is a great company and highly ethical
Production & Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2016
Bayer offers a great place to work with strong ethics and compassion for people and demands a high performance culture; therefore, has top talent through-out the organization.
Great Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 11, 2016
Excellent Company, fun job, great pay, team players. I would highly recommend Bayer as a employer. Bayer also has wonderful products
Great Place to Work
Category Insights, Shpr Solutions & Cust Info Mgr (Current Employee) –  _January 14, 2015
Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care Division is a great place to work. As with other CPG companies, acquisitions and mergers play a part in my rating on the Job Security/Advancement rating.

Advancement opportunities are dependent upon your ability to relocate. The management at Bayer is diversified as far as styles and as an employee you must adapt. It is a fast paced environment which requires flexibility and adaptability to change. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know I am making a difference.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, sense of community
Cons
depending on location, lack of advancement opportunities
Overall great culture, but work/life balance is practically non-existent depending on department and management you work with.
Study Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJApril 14, 2014
A great place to work in terms of perks and industry presence. Relatively forward-thinking in their approach to work, but lacks for work-life balance, despite claims to the contrary. While I cannot speak for other divisions, within the area of oncology data data management (R&D), the notion of any such balance is a joke and in place of any so-called balance, the better descriptor would be "burn out".

While the company definitely fosters employee development, offers comprehensive benefits, and encourages advancement within the organization, if you are looking for a 9-5 position that allows for a personal life, look elsewhere (*again, this review applies strictly to the research data management division; I cannot speak for any other division w/in the company, having only worked within the aforementioned).
Pros
Great benefits, industry reputation, room for advancement
Cons
Little to no work-life balance
My manager was helpful
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 4, 2016
The managers at Bayer can vary, mine in particular were helpful about advancing skills and maintaining a strong work relation.
Pros
opportunity to advance, promotes worker wellness
Cons
sometimes micromanagement is an issue
Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJMarch 9, 2016
Good people and a nice office environment, though lacked conference rooms. Open spaces made it hard to have conference calls with others in nearby areas. Strong core values.
Pros
Integrity of the brand
Cons
Lack career growth opportunities
Decent management and a comfortable work environemnt.
Covestro - Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I've enjoyed my time at Baye/Covestro, but with the recent name change I feel uncertain about the future of my current benefits. For a technician just beginning a career in the petrochemical industry, this is a great place to learn.
Pros
Overall this has been a good company to work for.
Cons
Name change brings uncertainty about the future.
eeeh
Material Handler / Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAAugust 1, 2016
managment is not very good. word hard with little reward. no vacation or sick days as a temp. treated like a less of a worker
Production and fun
Senior Associate Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 22, 2016
-.Identifying a starting point for development of new skills.
-.Identifying the personal blind spots of behavior and the impact that everyone has but never notices.
Horrible
Microlet2 Support/Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 16, 2016
HR is a mess. If you want to do better for yourself DO NOT INFORM HR, They hold you back and will stab you in the back. LIES LIES LIES
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything in the corp.
Poor management and direction
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Unfortunately, there was no organization. Management needs work. Clicks. No trust. I learned this environment was not a team environment. Extremely unprofessional. Very disappointing.
Pros
Casual Attire
Cons
Work environment.
My coworkers were easy to work with and concerned with day to day opperations
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 23, 2016
Maintenance Dept leadership is part of production and is not familiar with maintenance in general and many times are unable to make informed decisions causing loss of production time.I found this extremely frustrating to see loss of time and cost to the company when it was actually preventable and unnecessary,
Good team mates and management
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2016
Very good team structure where everybody works together to achieve the goals that are set. Good and friendly environment.
Challenging and interesting environment
Sr HR Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 15, 2015
I fully enjoyed my 11 years at Bayer. I was passionate about the positions I held and worked with some amazing individuals who taught me so much.
Pros
Great people, challening environment, diversity
Cons
Poor work life balance, sometimes not much room for advancement based on what department you were in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2