Bayer Employee Reviews

Excellent Company with excellent products
Dermatology Senior Sales Consultant, Boston (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bayer. I sold Dermatology products in the Boston area. The hardest part about the job, not unique to Bayer, is the changing landscape of selling pharmaceuticals in 2017. The most enjoyable part of my job included selling my products, developing relationships with my customers and focusing on "finding a way".
Contract position.
QA Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 6, 2017
The experience at Bayer was more than expected. The Manager to whom I reported was one of the kindest persons I ever worked with. She maintained a open and inviting atmosphere for everyone. Her door was always open and inviting. She ensured that we had all of the necessary tools to complete our needed task.
Pros
Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere
Bayer is one of the better companies to work for.
Paralegal, Patent Law Department (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy working for Bayer. I like the relaxed environment which is unusual for a corporate environment. The people are very friendly and helpful. Perks - Bayer Store where you can purchase their products at an extremely low price. Most difficult part of the job is having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is I learn something new every day. I love what I do and love learning new ways to do things. However, I am a contract employee and my position will soon be eliminated. Therefore, I am looking elsewhere for employment. I would definitely stay with Bayer if I could. I will take with me a great experience and friends that will remain as such although I will not be there.
Pros
Educated about the company and products, Experienced a few seminars out of state, Met with the German colleagues - connecting face with voice, met some pretty amazing people.
Cons
No benefits, no vacation, unpaid holidays.
Great company, extensive hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PASeptember 3, 2017
The company was great and very professional with a lot of options for healthcare, vision, and also 401k. I worked in the warehouse, behind the scenes of the assembly lines, keeping the lines stocked with inventory. My coworkers and managers were fantastic but I just never could get used to the 12 hour night shifts. Great company and enjoyed my time there!
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours
This job was mostly travel.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 2, 2017
This job was mostly traveling.

I was on call, 100% of the time. when a medical device failed, I was called in to fix it. I specialized in blood gas and immuno chemistry. The work was solid, there were problems, and I was good at it, which made it more fun.

The biggest problem I had at Bayer was the amount of travel. Being on call meant that I could get called at any time, and I was expected to go to whatever hospital had a problem. work/life balance was poor.
Pros
Excelent pay, healthcare and advancement.
Cons
poor work life balance.
Bayer
Temporary Site Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2017
Bayer is a German based company that comes into the USA and mainly hires temporary workers.

Moreover, at least one of the "managers", Mark (who was promoted, unbelievable enough) is one of the worst managers as well as most immature people that I have ever had the misfortune to work with, let alone under. He literally behaved in a 3-Stooges manner and thought that this was appropriate and cute. Additionally, he had a horrible temper. I was always amazed at how he could turn those traits off on a dime, the second anyone that truly mattered showed up.

Bayer could be a much better company if they actually treated workers in the US in a better manner. I worked there almost a year and a half, as a temporary worker. Give the temporary status a deadline. If I'm still doing a good enough job at 6 months, I deserve to be permanent and to receive all of the benefits that a permanent worker would receive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The lack of permanent hire, bad managers, high turnover rates, etc.
Progressive
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 29, 2017
They really cared for the employees, On Thursdays they would have vendors come into the Cafeteria and sell their wares to employees. They had family day cookouts twice a year. They were very flexible when it came to family emergencies and days off.

They also crossed trained so that all departments were covered when need be.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
For my postition there was no where higher to go.
I did not work here
Commercial Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2017
Indeed has this company confused with another company - I did not work here. I worked at a different Bayer. I plan to contact Indeed so they can delete this post.
Productive and great team
Sr. Product Complaint Liaison (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 24, 2017
Great product and how it would help one when needed. A very fast paced day, interaction with customers and medical field. Very fulfilling to be able to help when needed.
Enjoyed the attention to detail on reports, prepared daily and weekly.
I was able to grow in my professional life while I was employed here.
Pros
Great team to work with and be able to grow
Cons
No Cons
Enjoyed working at the Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCAugust 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at the Credit Union. The Clayton Branch was Brand New when I started. I was one of the first tellers to open the Branch.
Jack of all trades - Master of none
Country Lead Monitor (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJAugust 21, 2017
The broad list of responsibilities provides an interesting and ever-changing work environment. However, too many responsibilities leads to the inability to accomplish any well.
Good place to work, stressful at times
Leader (Current Employee) –  Parma, IDAugust 21, 2017
Benefits are great, compensation good. Company sets high expectations for employees which can be good and bad. Culture/support system is good. Seasonality of business can make work stressful at times (and slower in others). Lots of red tape can make work hard to accomplish- worse yet is that personal performance can be impacted as a result (and then be blamed on the individual). Despite the various issues, Bayer is still a great business, reputable and will challenge you to meet your potential. Management really cares about their employees and puts effort into spending time with individuals.
Pros
Travel, opportunity, personal development, benefits, management
Cons
Seasonality of business, high stress, red tape, pressure put on employees
It is all okay
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TN 37323August 20, 2017
Very clean work environment.i learned how to make medicine and how it is packaged and distributed. Moving to different areas in the
building. Was able to watch the process of sanitation.
Not for long term employment
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 18, 2017
They give you a lot of time off.

The training is not adequate for the job.

The manager is involve in every decision that you make, never have any independence.
Love Bayer
ASSOCIATE Manager, MedCom OPS (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJAugust 15, 2017
Great company, great environment. Love the work, team spirit, customer centric, work family oriented. Accepting of diversity and women in leadership. Professional, compliant.
Productive and fun place to work. Made lots of friends.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Working in the Plastics Division at Bayer was very rewarding. I enjoyed my time there working for the Vice President. He was very fair to the department and everyone got along and worked well as a group.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
German headquarters; many had to travel to Germany
Poor Management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 14, 2017
If you are not part of the good ole boys and kiss up to upper management, your chances of succeeding are null, The atmosphere at Berkeley is heavy and the blaming culture is what prevails here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Place to work
Customer Support Specialists (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2017
Management was excellent, work/family environment was great.
Flexible work hours were possible if needed.
Salary was excellent in current market.
Customer Service Week celebrations were above/beyond what was expected.
Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Helpful co-workers, helpful management
Cons
Non
Great Benefits
Senior Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2017
Great Benefits and excellent 401k with extra retirement bonus in lieu of Pension. Wonderful products and relaxed culture, but still a bit of a good ol boy mentality.
Citrus scout intern
Citrus Scout Internship (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
I was a citrus scout intern in Florida during my undergraduate degree. This internship taught me how to interact with grove managers and set up a schedule to ensure that work was done in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2