Bayer Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 18, 2016
Productive work environment. Constant communication with many meetings. Very safety efficient. ALL departments work hand in hand for the common success of Covestro.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
No Breaks.
Company split and made it tough
Smartplant SME (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
I appreciate my time there. I grew and learned alot. I liked working with co workers they were always quick to share time and info.
Pros
Supportive Staff
Cons
Long commute
IT related
Desktop/Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2016
Great place to work well balanced and structured
flexible with employees. Many friendly co workers
but separated by buildings.
Best part of job multiple systems to use
hardest part was systems do crash with most
servers being in Germany
A Growing Pharmaceutical Company
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 5, 2016
A good place to work, benefits are ok compared to other companies but the compensation is great with great bonuses. Worked at Whippany, NJ.
Great work environment
Onsite Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved maintenance and configuration the campus network. The environment was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
dc traffic
Great company to work for
Paralegal, Diabetes Care Business (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 4, 2016
Bayer provide great benefits for its employees and competitive salary. Provide incentive which allow employees to work from home and meet their personal and family need while maintaining work production.
great work schedule. Monday through Friday. Holidays off.
Electrical Designer/Material Controller (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed my employment. Regular schedule. Some overtime. Learned to use computer aided designing and drafting. Learned to design electrical installations for the plant where I worked. Learned to order the material required for installations of electrical and instrumental devices. Learned to estimate how long it would be take for construction to perform such installations.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
lay off
Nice place to work
U.S. Soybean Pathology Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2016
Pretty good balance between work and family. I learned to achieve results every day in coordination with my coworkers. Very intensive work. The system was very supportive.
Pros
Very well organized system
Cons
No constrains
Good job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
Good job and a diverse company so there is a lot of certainty of the company living through any economical down turn. Fun place with nice people.
My coworkers were easy to work with and concerned with day to day opperations
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 23, 2016
Maintenance Dept leadership is part of production and is not familiar with maintenance in general and many times are unable to make informed decisions causing loss of production time.I found this extremely frustrating to see loss of time and cost to the company when it was actually preventable and unnecessary,
Extremely challenging environment
Maintenance/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2016
When I first began working with this company, everything seemed to be working out just fine up until the true nature of the company came to the surface. When I was there, I remember seeing an extremely high turnover rate, a lack of effective communication among management to the rest of the employees, and absolutely no type of organization. Hopefully these things have improved by now with the company for the sake of the hard working employees that have remained with them.
Bayer
Sales Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaApril 18, 2016
Bayer was a worst place that I worked in my life.
The people was very rude, the boss was very rude and did not polite
The organizational background was very traumatizing
Very professional colleagues
Submissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 11, 2016
Working at Bayer is a very professional experience. The colleagues treat all employees with utmost respect. They give your enough room to do the job at hand, with minimal interference.
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2016
I loved working at Bayer. Their safety culture is unmatched by anything I have seen. The only downside was that for a majority of the time I was at a desk.
Too much favoritism
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSApril 7, 2016
Bayer will keep you on as a temporary employee as long as they could. The only way that you are able to get on as a FT employee is if you know someone who can help you through. In my view, most of the managers are not competent of doing their job very well. To them, hiring people is not about who has the experience and knows what they are doing, it's all about who they like. Most department leads also don't care about the quality of work done but about their paycheck. Company culture is nothing to write about. Too many two faced managers. You got watch your back. Many of my coworkers were very nice and friendly. That's about the only thing I really miss. I don't regret leaving Bayer, infact I'm very happy I did.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Too much Favoritism
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSApril 5, 2016
I enjoyed my 11 years with Bayer. LIFE and CORE values ranks Bayer high for a solid career. Typical day at work would be producing purchase orders, working with our internal and external customers. Stakeholder relationships and forming new processes and efficiency. Cost saving measures. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye as colleagues moved on.
Great company to work for with great culture
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 31, 2016
The pace is good, people are extremely nice and it has a great work life balance

Management is very supportive and wants you to grow
usual workplace
Scientist -contract (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 29, 2016
For a contract job, it was fairly demanding in terms of time needed to spend at the site. No access from home to the computer network in order to process data, which again comes with it being a contract assignment but it makes work more difficult.
long hours and horrible management
Packaging Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KS 66216March 21, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anyone I like. The management is not approachable. If you do get a chance to talk to them they will completely ignore what you have to say. Their "open door policy" is a complete joke. You are viewed as nothing more than an underling "worker bee" (as it was once stated in a mandatory meeting).

If all you care about is $ then this job will work for you.
Cons
the management needs replaced
Productive Mix
Process Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 15, 2016
Typical day at work are your predefined projects supporting one of the bayer subgroups. There is plenty to work on, along with major capital projects, Environment is very friendly people with lots of experience to support you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2