Bayfront Health System Employee Reviews

Awful experience
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 10, 2017
ESS is severely lacking in every way. If you're desperate for work and don't mind being micromanaged and having your every move monitored via a computer system that your performance is based on then go for it. No genuine care or concern for the patients. The whole method and approach to assistance is terrible.
Pros
Cons
micromanagement
lab assitant
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 26, 2016
I love my job I get to draw lab work form patients sometimes the job gets hard but I get threw my coworkers are very good team player in we get the job done
Great job / bad hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLDecember 13, 2016
I loved my job at bayfront. The hours where hard for me. We would work overnights and days in the same week . Hard for me to keep up this pace,
Switchboard Operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Filthy dirty location in basement, stuck out of sight, employees fight among themselves, not a good place to work, low salary, no breaks.Rude employee
Pros
no pros about Bayfront
Cons
no break, dirty hole to work in
Very horrible place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 23, 2016
Let me start off by saying this hospital is a good learning hospital but that's where it stops working here is stressful and overwhelming and if your position is under a management or charge nurse position you are treated awful walking through the halls of bayfront saying good morning they will look at your badge and the color of your uniform to see if you are worthy enough for them to even say something simple as good morning. Management treat you as your a servent there unprofessional and rude and very aggressive. There is no compassion for there patients from the other nurses or the doctors the pay is not worth the abuse you receive this place needs a class on courtesy and respect alone because working here you will become miserable like the rest of the staff run to baycare if you can because bayfront is the worst place you could ever work.
nonprofit hospital sells out
Patient Access Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 11, 2016
I used to love working at bayfront while it was a nonprofit hospital. Once HMA bought them out my job went from helping people in need to collecting every red cent every patient had. It was my job to let patients know (once they were stable) that if they couldn't pay or had no insurance, then they had to leave. There was one time when I had a case of a woman who had a horrible miscarriage and it was my duty to tell her "I know you just lost your baby but you owe us $5,000 because you are a self pay. How do you want to take care of that today?" I quit very shortly after that.
Pros
I loved the fast-paced environment and all the traumas that came in
Cons
now under operation of an investment corporation instead of the govt.
Non "stressful" healthcare facilites don't exist
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2016
I work in the admitting office here which is currently understaffed due to a retire and someone moving out of state, so yes until we get more people it's a little rough. Depending on the person it can be "stressful" however all situations throughout life depend on a persons attitude and perception of things. I've worked at Northside hospital and Diagnostic clinic of Largo. To me both had more duties for less money with those certain rude/mean/nasty/etc.. clinical staff members. Unfortunately those types of people will be any where you go BUT there will also be those people you enjoy working for/with. In regards to the other reviews:
-HMA or whomever no longer owns BMC, we are now under CHS. Yes, that ladies situation was awful and I'm not a heartless person but regardless of an outcome or situation, a patient is still responsible for services. I personally would never be a financial rep. because of the collection duties but that's part of the job.
-So what if someone doesn't acknowledge you or has the decency to greet you back. It happens to me and other non scurb wearers ALL the time but I don't take it personal or care. Mostly everyone acknowledges me back and those that don't I simply won't greet them next time I see them. Be a mirror and reflect their actions towards you (coworkers/staff only) lol you gotta be nice to the patients and their family.
Pros
Pay, benefits, small perks, nice facility, garage parking, most staff members, etc.
Cons
Certain staff memebers, 30 min lunch, most bathrooms are shared with visitors
stressful
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2013
overwhelming. From the moment you clock in till you leave your running.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayfront Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8