Bayfront Health Employee Reviews

Poor Communication and system
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 15, 2018
No Breaks, the doctors do not respect nurses or call back when paged. Under staffed and unsafe working conditions for both staff and patient safety. Management only seems to care about the numbers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
No breaks, under staffed, no respect, lack of safety
Time to go
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургJanuary 8, 2018
I have worked for this company for 4 years and it has changed management two times. Each time it just gets worse. Very micro-managed. Lack of communication is very strong. I feel that I can do better elsewhere, and be able to strengthen my skills in a more positive atmosphere. I would be nice to work in an environment that appreciates it's employees.
Pros
Covered parking...
Cons
No structure, no communication
Slow paced
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 15, 2017
No advancement and they continuously cut hours because of how slow it is. good for starting a nursing career and getting your feet "wet" but not for motivated hard working go-getters.
fast paced
Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 30, 2017
workplace culture understaffed most of the time. Management was change at least 3 times in one year. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and having to do paper charting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff; people I worked with.
How it is
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2017
The days are long and filled with many tasks to do and most of the time not enough time to get it done. Teamwork is a very large factor and sometimes you have to rely on others to make sure everything gets done in a timely manner. I am mainly responsible for delivering multiple medications throughout the hospital and restocking the med room acudose machines. Some of the people I work with have been with the company for a long time and in my eyes are allowed to get away with things others aren't or speak to others in ways that create an uncomfortable work environment. The most enjoyable day for me is working with individuals I get along with and having the opportunity to talk and goof around while working.
Hospital
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2017
Working with patients, performing CNA task, fast pace environment. Hardest part of job is watching people pass away. Most enjoyable, watching people get better. My manager was let go, they have new management now. It would not be fair for me to rate the new management team.
fast paced
Day Shift NICU Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 1, 2017
bayfront health spring hill is a small NICU with 10 beds and a Level II. The hospital has gone through many ownership/transitions and the lack of direction is apparent.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of direction
I loved my job
Surgery Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my job.
However my mom also worked there for over 25 years. About to retire and she was let go because corporate " did away with her job"
Sad.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Possibly being let go without any warning if they decide to do away with your job
They always had complimentary lunches
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLSeptember 19, 2017
they always was trying to get employers and employees together interacting off the job activities. sometimes it was so faced paced when there was people that called off and some of the ARNP could not understand why they would get behind sometimes that made it stress full
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks only lunch break
Low pay for amount of work expected & low nurse staffing
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping young mothers successfully breastfeed their infants. I learned so much from the lactation consultants that helped me educate new moms on breastfeeding their infants and how breast milk is the only perfect food for newborns. The benefits to the baby and the mom far outweigh the so called benefits of formula. Management's hands were tied so to speak because the hospital administration alotted only a designated amount of funding for our unit and as a result, we never had a ward secretary and some days we never had a CNA, either. It was fast paced and stressful making a potentially perfect environment for medical errors. The workplace culture was biased because the labor and delivery unit always had many nurses along with a ward secretary and the unit manager to help laboring mothers; whereas, the postpartem/GYN surgery/ Med-Surg/Pediatric units were consistently understaffed. NICU was understaffed as well, but they could get our CNAs and some of our RNs if they were in need of extra help leaving our unit very short-staffed. Emergencies have happened on our unit, though. Four of these patients, during the 6 months I was employed with Bayfront, went to ICU and back to labor & delivery. The 2 patients that went to ICU, unfortunately, died and, fortunately the 2 patients that went back to labor & delivery for severe hypertension were treated successfully. The pay was much less that what I have made in my nursing career, as well. Looking back on my experience, it was very difficult, stressful work for poor pay. In addition, when  more... I interviewed for the job, I was never told that I would have to float to other units in the hospital after 6 months in postpartem. Last, but not least, the computer system was very antiquated and slow and prone to breaking down when it came time to print out discharge instructions. That is why I resigned from my position.  less
Pros
able to help new mom with breastfeeding their babies & intercept patients developing complications
Cons
understaffed, poor wages, antiquated computer system, too fast paced & stressful
not much opportunity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 13, 2017
stable employment with not much opportunity for advancement pr pay . Pay is less than most places . The job is Ok but monotonous. Hospital is not being updated and people are to set in their ways and do not want to change
Typical Day
Lab Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyed the typical day at work. Fellow employees very friendly developed some lasting relationships. I learned a lot of independent laboratory procedures. The most difficult part of the job was the pay. I was incredibly underpaid for the position but I think that was because I was in school at the time.
A struggling organization
Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 7, 2017
Typical hospital organization. Struggling right now to keep employees because of lack of work. Has a hard time as a large organization connecting to employees and maintaining continuity of office/staff communication.
Pros
Work/Life balance is very good
Cons
Cannot guarantee employees 30+ hours a week which is based on cases
I work with great people
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 25, 2017
I love my job and enjoy what I do. I work with some amazing people. You have to love what you do so you never work a day in your life and that is how I feel about my job and the supervisor is awesome.
Pros
great people
Cons
Physician Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 12, 2017
Excellent Senior Leadership. Everyone on my team was very positive and had a excellent work ethic. The physicians were all very above average. The benefits package was the lowest in the area.
Benefits
First RN role in an acute care setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 2, 2017
I was very let down on how staff was allowed to be treated from management to patients. Nurses and techs were treated with no respect. The HUGE turn over rate in two years shows just this.
Stay away!!!! Better doing physical therapy at nursing home
Rehab (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2017
One on the worst places to work! Patient care is not what this company strives for! Physical therapy dpt awful. Horrible revengful, hateful manager. Control freak without any managerial skills!! Bad communicator. Open door policy, but whatever you say does not stay. Employees afraid to speek up in fear of losing a job.
Pros
Good vibe with coworkers, they are willing to step up amd help you
Cons
Poor, poor, poor management. They will ruin the rehab department. Poor communication Patient discremination. P
loved my ER very exciting
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FL 33950April 26, 2017
loved my ER worked together well like that we worked as a team management worked well with the staff fair the hardest part of the job is working the ER very busy on your feet put on your roller skates & go!
Pros
good people working with you
Greatest job of my life
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2017
Was given the greatest opportunity as an lpn to do and learn so much about cardiac care. I am a better nurse for having had that experience. Just sad i had to leave.
Bayfront
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2017
A typical Day at Bayfront in which I assist 17-30 patients per 12 hrs shift . I collect samples and assist the nurse with vital signs bathe feed n toilet patients.