Bayhealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoying learning new things and seeing different procedures being done in the office
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 31, 2017
Each day at work is different. I work for 3 surgeons and each one of them are different. We see all types of people. We treat those with cancer, (breast, lung, skin, colon...etc) We also do screenings and biopsies. The hardest part of my job is being with a patient when the doctor has to tell them that they have cancer. I enjoy my job because I love people. I am a 2 yr cancer survivor and I choose to LIVE and I choose to be positive, peaceable and I love to share my testimony and love towards everyone.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
not enough pay
Integrity
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 27, 2017
Questionable integrity. Policies that are put into place to protect employees, tend to do the opposite. Human Resources maintains the 'clique' mentality.
Challenging
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 2, 2017
Everyday is a different day with challenges. Patients have different needs. I learned to take each moment as it comes my way. Everyone plays a different role and the teamwork is exceptional. The hardest part of the job is anything can happen at any time whether good or bad.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
for a 12 hour shift a half hour break is not good
Productive work place
Medical Social Worker (per diem) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 29, 2016
The workplace was a productive place to be. The communication was good between the staff. The home visits that were completed were based on need. Multiple languages spoken
Pros
Pleasant enviroment
Cons
Very small.
Love my job, horrible place to work.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 22, 2016
Poor paying hospital in Delaware, poor management, co-workers through others under the bus, white ppl get promoted and get off with murder, clock in late, leave their badges, able to do clinicals others were not. Too much finger pointing, obviously prejudice but no one wants to admit it! If you lose you job forget finding a job anywhere else. Don't volunteer any ideas it's not appreciated and someone else will get credit anyway. Complete your education before hand.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
Low pay, not allowed nursing clinical, too much favoritism and prejudice
Ok place
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 3, 2016
Bayhealth just wasn't for me any more. I worked there for 11yrs and just didn't feel like a nurse that was there to take care of my patients. I felt like they wanted me to be a robot. And that's not why I got into nursing to begin with. But it's a good place to work if you don't mind that.
Your license is at risk
RN, CEN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  BayhealthMay 26, 2016
This is a horrible place to work & behind industry standards by years. It is unsafe, short staffed employees are not given tools needed to complete job appropriately and no support from management. Very short breaks, or no break at all, lack of employee retention, lack of continued education standards, resistant to change, dishonesty, favoritism, bullying & hazing tolerated all the way up to manager, director and human resources
Pros
Physicians
Cons
Pay, short breaks, poor management, lack of employee retention, lack of continued education standards, resistant to change, dishonesty, favoritism, bullying & hazing tolerated all the way up to manager, director and human resources
Receiving
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 13, 2016
Horrible supervisor needs to be trained the right way. To much favoritism when working for materials management. Lack in pay, only give 1% raises to certain employees.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, short breaks, management
Helping patient and worked with great staff
Certified Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2016
I work in different department of the hospital and surgery center. Learning different area was help me to build skills.
Bayhealth
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 18, 2016
I absolutely loved my 5 years at Bayhealth. Upper management, including the CEO was very open and approachable. Communication was excellent.
The challenges of a healthcare environment with the benefits of personal growth
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 8, 2015
I found that; due in part to some issues with budgeting and management; I had the chance here to develop my own directive and managerial skills in addition to adapting to very strict and time sensitive schedules.
Don't Work There
analyst (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 3, 2015
Bayhealth Medical Center does not care. Maybe a sign of the times, but they will take all they can get from a good worker and when your salary goes up, they will throw you and your lifestyle away like a piece of trash. What comes around goes around. The best advice is for you to stay away from this evil company. Their heathcare is subpar. Go to northern or southern Delaware hospitals instead.
Pros
Cons
unworthy ceo, administrators, management, and human resources
great people
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 2, 2015
great people loved my job management at the time needed some upgrading but overall benefits are super but pay needs to be upgraded.
Enjoyed interaction with co-workers and many employees
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 7, 2015
* Responsibilities were varied and challenging but felt that I had helped others when able to address their concerns/issues

* Loved interaction with others - learned to be more flexible but recognize priorities that must be met

* Management and co-workers were average to excellent and sometimes wished for more sensitivity to individual needs of some employees

* Difficulty with sometimes being able to meet an individual's needs

* Successful completion of employee's need and problem resolution
Pros
people contact
Cons
demands vs. salary
Excellent supervising physician
Neurosurgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 6, 2015
I worked a lot of hours with our call coverage, but the people I worked with were excellent. Patient care was the top priority. The job itself was enjoyable, however with a small practice and 4 midlevels I was not getting into the operating room nearly as much as I felt a surgical PA should be.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
lack of OR time
Excellent pay and great benefits
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BAYHEALTH MEDICAL CENTERAugust 22, 2015
It was a family atmosphere to work with the same group of people. You soon learned co-workers strengths and weaknesses. Everyone in the Fast Track area worked hand in hand and showed good team effort toward the ultimate goal of patient satisfactory
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
PARKING FOR EMPLOYEES
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 26, 2015
Worked casual hours. Available shifts to pick up. Nice working environment. Did not look for positions of advancement but noticed many of my coworkers making position changed within the organization.
great work family oreinted...
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  milford, deJuly 13, 2015
loved my 7 1/2 yrs with bayhealth. my meds/surg family was awesome.. throughout my years working there they were so understanding...
Productive and vibrant work environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 28, 2015
Loved working with the other employees. Excellent management team. Great working hours. Close to home. Excellent hospital staff.
Pros
Excellent management team
Cons
A stable job where I learned a new skill
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 25, 2015
On a typical day I managed the switchboard at the hospital. I would route call to the appropriate place. Additionally I would page doctors and nurses in emergency situations. I learned to use a switchboard. Management provided great training. My co-workers were helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job was working the graveyard shift. I am not a night owl. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the inner workings of the communication system in a hospital.
Pros
New challenges to face daily.
Cons
Unable to obtain a day shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8