Bayhealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent Employment Experience
Circulating Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 6, 2018
Great working experience. The establishment is always looking to benefit the patients and employees experience. Opportunities for advancement in career. Magnet hospital.
Always moving
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 10, 2017
Great place to work for collaboration of care. I worked there as a CNA many years ago, roughly back in 1996, so things have changed. However, the patients receive the best care from the CNAs from bathing, transferring, communicating and just overall personality. They make the nurses role easier as they are highly attentive of the patient's needs, family and staff.
Typical healthcare
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 10, 2017
Typical healthcare facility fast paced always do more with less. Hard to get anything done so much always going on lots of moving parts. Patient care is good would be great if everyone in the nation would decrease patient to nurse ratios.
Benefits
Cons
Support from support departments
Poor Staffing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 29, 2017
Unfair when it comes to taking time off because of staffing issues. Feels like the people in charge don't take your suggestions into consideration. Very unorganized when it comes to staffing the units. Always understaffed, overworked and under paid,
Job Summary
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, DENovember 6, 2017
Working for Bayhealth is good. The pay needs to improve and management needs to work better with taking care of their employees. The hardest part of this job is taking time off when needed.
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Milford, DENovember 5, 2017
I enjoy working at Bayhealth, Milford Campus. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. It's a pretty good work environment. It can be extremely busy at times. The pay and benefits are good.
Productive and fun
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  601 South State StreetOctober 31, 2017
This is a great place to work and I would highly recommend this job to anyone. the work environment is fantastic and the people are friendly and eager to teach you new skills.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
It’s a nightmare
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 26, 2017
The management team is awful. No one ever stays because of something management has done to them. Other departments do not treat the lab with any respect. If you are trying to work here go anywhere except the lab because you will be miserable. I can say Bayhealth offers their employees some good benefits and perks.
It was nice.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 20, 2017
I worked catering so it was a little different than just coking hospital food. I worked events. In fact I miss working the big event every year called evening under the stars, a fundraiser in a tent outside under the stars with different themes. Good times.
Poorly Managed
Patient Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 17, 2017
If you just want a job and do not care then this is the place for you. Management is so bad and it is shame. Employees are not valued and it shows by the high turn over rate. The way employees are treated is horrible and people are afraid to say anything. You can not trust anyone with confidential information if you are having problems with employees. They will smile in your face and do nothing to help further your goals. The pay is very low and it is just not worth everything you go through. If you want to build a career, advice please work somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
low pay, poor management, unqualified staffing
Med sure is great learning experience. But not for anyone with small children.
Charge Nurse for Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 6, 2017
I loved my job, but it was way to stressful. I was running around the entire day due to staffing or too many titles in my back. I would recommend working at Bayhealth right out of nursing school
Bayhealth Medical Center
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 15, 2017
At Bayhealth at Milford Memorial Hospital, I am an Exercise Physiologist. I work with all types of patients, but mainly the senior citizen population. I enjoy designing fitness programs, leading group fitness classes, fitness evaluations for new members, and helping members achieve their fitness goals. The hardest part of my job is staff coverage for the fitness floor. Sometimes we have to work longer hours to cover the floor due to health reasons, vacation time, or career advancement.
Pros
work with a different variety of patients, designing fitness programs, fitness evaluations
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement, poor management
job is stressful outpatient is always short and their management is horrible in that dept that's why they always hiring
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  dover deSeptember 11, 2017
i wouldnt go back if it was the last job on earth ..too many.chiefs and not enough indians. Always working short with no appreciation. Pay is awful for the work load
Cons
short low pay aweful management
Working for Bayhealth has been a wonderful experience
Switchboard Operator (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 5, 2017
A typical work day consists of taking calls as soon as I come into the office. First, I must log onto my computer and open the information I will need to assist the hospital staff and customers when answering the call. I handle several phone calls from the hospital staff such as doctors, nurses, care management and family members calling about patients. I learned that it is important to report accurate information such as the patients name and date of birth. The work culture is an enjoyable and the management is professional. The hardest part of my job is when I receive a call from an employee or customer who is looking for the answer to a question and I would need to research the answer. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patient's family members to connect with their families. It is also enjoyable when I help out a team member or hospital staff with a difficult situation they may be experiencing.
Pros
Ability to choose when to take breaks, Paid time off
Cons
Sitting for a long period of time
Nice place to be a Per Diem RN
Staff RN - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2017
Very pleasant staff I consider to my friends as well as colleagues. I enjoy collaborative relationships with physicians. Patients are, for the most part, pleasant, polite, and appreciative of care.
Look elsewhere!
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2017
This is the worst place that I have ever worked. There is a culture of fear, retaliation and ignorance promoted at Bayhealth. Management is not supportive of staff and not responsive to complaints. Magnet is a joke. Raises are ridiculously small despite this hospital system installing a very expensive EMR and building a new hospital. Nurses are not valued.
The Unit staff are amazing and passionate
Medical Discharge Planner MSW (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 8, 2017
A great place to work and obtain valuable experince. Bayhealth stands by their values and mission statement. Bayhealth is involve in multiple programs and project that enhance the relationship between them and the surrounding community.
staffing issues
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 6, 2017
a job where it is difficult to go above and beyond your patients basic needs due to staffing issues. Management should be more involved on the in patient units. Good teamwork among nurses and CNAs for the most part.
ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEJuly 1, 2017
Answer telephone calls, schedule follow-up appointments, prepare paperwork for incoming and discharged patients, assist nurse in performing everyday care to patients
Productive with a great team
Front Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, DEJune 30, 2017
A typical day in my office is busy as I provide office assistance for four providers. Our team is great, everyone is helpful and goes a step above to accommodate our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job my team! I've learned many different things, our providers are big on teaching.