Bayhealth Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed interaction with co-workers and many employees
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 7, 2015
* Responsibilities were varied and challenging but felt that I had helped others when able to address their concerns/issues

* Loved interaction with others - learned to be more flexible but recognize priorities that must be met

* Management and co-workers were average to excellent and sometimes wished for more sensitivity to individual needs of some employees

* Difficulty with sometimes being able to meet an individual's needs

* Successful completion of employee's need and problem resolution
Pros
people contact
Cons
demands vs. salary
Don't Work There
analyst (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 3, 2015
Bayhealth Medical Center does not care. Maybe a sign of the times, but they will take all they can get from a good worker and when your salary goes up, they will throw you and your lifestyle away like a piece of trash. What comes around goes around. The best advice is for you to stay away from this evil company. Their heathcare is subpar. Go to northern or southern Delaware hospitals instead.
Pros
Cons
unworthy ceo, administrators, management, and human resources
Your license is at risk
RN, CEN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  BayhealthMay 26, 2016
This is a horrible place to work & behind industry standards by years. It is unsafe, short staffed employees are not given tools needed to complete job appropriately and no support from management. Very short breaks, or no break at all, lack of employee retention, lack of continued education standards, resistant to change, dishonesty, favoritism, bullying & hazing tolerated all the way up to manager, director and human resources
Pros
Physicians
Cons
Pay, short breaks, poor management, lack of employee retention, lack of continued education standards, resistant to change, dishonesty, favoritism, bullying & hazing tolerated all the way up to manager, director and human resources
great people
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 2, 2015
great people loved my job management at the time needed some upgrading but overall benefits are super but pay needs to be upgraded.
The challenges of a healthcare environment with the benefits of personal growth
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 8, 2015
I found that; due in part to some issues with budgeting and management; I had the chance here to develop my own directive and managerial skills in addition to adapting to very strict and time sensitive schedules.
Receiving
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 13, 2016
Horrible supervisor needs to be trained the right way. To much favoritism when working for materials management. Lack in pay, only give 1% raises to certain employees.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, short breaks, management
Helping patient and worked with great staff
Certified Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2016
I work in different department of the hospital and surgery center. Learning different area was help me to build skills.
Productive and vibrant work environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 28, 2015
Loved working with the other employees. Excellent management team. Great working hours. Close to home. Excellent hospital staff.
Pros
Excellent management team
Cons
Excellent pay and great benefits
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BAYHEALTH MEDICAL CENTERAugust 22, 2015
It was a family atmosphere to work with the same group of people. You soon learned co-workers strengths and weaknesses. Everyone in the Fast Track area worked hand in hand and showed good team effort toward the ultimate goal of patient satisfactory
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
PARKING FOR EMPLOYEES
A stable job where I learned a new skill
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 25, 2015
On a typical day I managed the switchboard at the hospital. I would route call to the appropriate place. Additionally I would page doctors and nurses in emergency situations. I learned to use a switchboard. Management provided great training. My co-workers were helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job was working the graveyard shift. I am not a night owl. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the inner workings of the communication system in a hospital.
Pros
New challenges to face daily.
Cons
Unable to obtain a day shift
Great place to work with an excellent leadership team.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 3, 2014
Bayhealth is one of the fastest growing healthcare facilities in the Delaware/Maryland area. It has a great work environment starting with the leadership team that is devoted to developing high quality leaders in their staff. The team of buyers and purchasing assistance work hard at to ensure that the facility is watching cost and providing the best products for the healthcare facilities. The best part about Bayhealth is working with the departments that we provide customer service to. The purchasing department is devoted to customer service to the hospital and also in working with all the vendors that we percure product from.
Pros
benefits, leadership
Cons
balance of work load
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 26, 2015
Worked casual hours. Available shifts to pick up. Nice working environment. Did not look for positions of advancement but noticed many of my coworkers making position changed within the organization.
Excellent supervising physician
Neurosurgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 6, 2015
I worked a lot of hours with our call coverage, but the people I worked with were excellent. Patient care was the top priority. The job itself was enjoyable, however with a small practice and 4 midlevels I was not getting into the operating room nearly as much as I felt a surgical PA should be.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
lack of OR time
productive day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is a four to five patient load, working under a charge nurse. I am a fairly new nurse, and i have learned so much, everyone is extremely willing to teach and help me learn. management is great, and very involved with on-boarding. My co-workers are enthusiastic and very competent. the hardest part of the job is when patient needs pile up, but i can always ask for help from my charge nurse and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is being with my patients, advocating for them, and caring for them holistically.
Pros
free training
Cons
short breaks, long work hours
Only take a job here if you just need a job and keep looking for another one
Level II Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 12, 2014
Department managers are horrible, play favorites with certain employees and let them get away with low workloads and overloading others.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad department management, work overload, favoritism
Good appearance from the outside---poor organization on the inside
Manager (Former Employee) –  BayhealthFebruary 19, 2015
Like any large organization there are positives and negatives. Unfortunately your experience with Bayhealth will depend on where you land and in which department. The positives are definitely Bayhealth's pay and benefits-these are very generous for the most part. There are also some really good people, who in spite of the dysfunction, want to make this a better place. I was definitely one of those people when I started to work here.

Some leaders in this organization do seem to have their department functioning very well and want their staff to thrive. Unfortunately, those are the minority.

This is my very candid assessment of Bayhealth overall. It is a very difficult organization to work within and drive positive changes. Upon arrival to orientation, they are vocal up front about all of the initiatives they are implementing, new building projects, AIDET, Planetree, etc.

However, once you arrive to work at your actual location those initiatives become mostly lip service. The senior leadership seems to ignore the real problems of the organization--communication to staff, listening to employee engagement surveys, leading by example, and ultimately making the right choices about key people in key positions. Once again, this does not apply to all of their senior leaders, I certainly felt that some were more engaged than others.

This organization is extremely resistant to change. The various departments are very quick to point fingers and play the blame game rather than work together to implement change. Individual department silos are the norm, putting up unnecessary barriers
  more... to getting the work done is also the norm. There is not much teamwork encouraged, developed or fostered across this organization. Accountability for leadership is weak.

I was very disapppointed in my career choice to invest myself into Bayhealth. Ultimately, I chose to resign my managerial position and leave the dysfunction behind.

Best of luck to you if you are seriously considering working for this organization. It may work out well for you if you pick the right spot. For me, there is still a lot of change needed to make it worth the risk.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
resistant to change, lack of proper organizational structure to support amount of work
Wonderful workplace with a great support system for the cancer registry.
Tumor Registrar, Tumor Registry (Former Employee) –  Dover ,DEApril 24, 2015
Abstracting was my main function along with preparing for cancer conference and attending. You travel to a different location to work which was a change that helped keep you busy and showed you different types of cases. This is where I learned to abstract it was hard at first but with the help and support of my manager it was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Supportive manager
Cons
No growth
great work family oreinted...
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  milford, deJuly 13, 2015
loved my 7 1/2 yrs with bayhealth. my meds/surg family was awesome.. throughout my years working there they were so understanding...
Lovely environment
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 15, 2015
Working for Bayhealth has been such a treat. The people are friendly, and the benefit package is amazing. The office where I work is very busy and can get a little overwhelming at times. The patients are also friendly and there is a level of teamwork among the employees that makes working for Bayhealth a pleasant experience.
Pharmacy is a terrible place to work!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2013
In the pharmacy management is terrible. Human resources does nothing to help you. If you dont have a strong catholic belief, you better believe management will be out to get you. The supervisor loves to pick one person to pick on until they quit. Turnover is terrible there!! Supervisor doesn't even know how to do the job!!
Pros
co-workers are great!
Cons
everything else

2.8