Baylor College of Medicine

Baylor College of Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

overall a good experience
Post doctorate Associate (Current Employee) –  Post, TXJune 20, 2016
I have had overall a good experience with Baylor college of medicine.I enjoy the science and the atmosphere around the college is good.
Great Benefits
Scheduling Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
Great benefits and wonderful co-workers. I loved my job and my patients! Learned a lot about the medical field, insurance and Release of Information. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Baylor IT
Senior RIS/PACS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
Your experience will depend on what part of the department you fall into. IT selects the best sales person for the CIO position and has little control on what this person does once they get in. Last CIO was horrible and cost the College tons of Money on sales pitches that never happened. The College overall is excellent with some of the best doctors from around the nation.

The Ancillary support for these group is poorly managed and is costing the college a lot of money since they more tune to the sales pitch than the actual work.

They are over inflated in staff and are getting false data from their director.
Pros
Good Family to Job relationship
Cons
Poor Management and Lack of Yearly Pay Increases
Fun and Productive Place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Assisting patient's to exam room, obtain vital signs, collect lab specimen if needed. Assist physician with exam or procedures if needed. I learned that all patient's are special and they are #1. My clinical manager was a great. She taught us to work hard to achieve our goals in clinic and in life. My co-workers we were a team that worked hard to get the job done. I did not like that we could not give more time to help some of the patient's as they needed. I loved seeing my patients and my patients loved seeing me.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Not being able to help all of the patient's needs
just ok
Senior Research Assistant, Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2016
Baylor College of Medicine is great! People there are kindness and top notch science you can learn. but each PI's style is quite different depending on how luck you meeting with
Work in a lab
Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
Not sure how to rate Baylor since I am here as a temp. But the environment is relax and people are friendly. I would like yo get hired here.
no organization
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
no organization, lazy people, high turnover rate of employees. there is no manager in charge, management has favorites
benefits
Cons
long commute
Employee - Senior SAP Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
In the heart of the largest medical center in the world. We were a small, high quality group of professionals that output a lot of production.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
An unfinished Hospital
Great place to work full time for benefits
Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Great benefits - work with a great group of critical care physicians
Overall management issues with the critical care team (physicians) and the APP manager (does not allow site specific director to do their job without micro-managing)
Have learned so many things - great learning opportunities
Benefits
Cons
Critical care director and APP manager
Productive work place
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
I had enjoyed working with the co-workers and enjoyed the training that I had received.

A typical day at work involved monitoring the computer system, monitoring the disk space, writing procedures, installing HP printers and Zebra thermal printers, and answering help desk calls concerning system and printing problem.

Want to know more about Baylor College of Medicine?

Ask a question
Management poor
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
Management is poor very unorganized don't care about employee concerned with customers they can verbal abuse employee cos they are always right no team work and unacceptable pay rate no raises
Meh
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
Working at BCM, you will meet many nice people, but that's about it. If you are looking to move up on the ladder this is not the place for you.
Productive workplace
Administrative Fellow - Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2016
This organization fosters an enriching learning environment with a great culture. The people are wonderful to work with every day.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits, opportunity to learn new things advance within the company very quickly. This would a great company to retire at.
productive work place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2016
BCM is a very good employer with outstanding career building opportunities.
Courses on career development are numerous. I have learned to write grants in some of those workshops. The co-workers have an open-minded attitude and are always assessable for scientific discussion.
Pros
Fitness program
Cons
Expensive parking
I love this company
Physician Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day is your working alone.
Registation
pulling Demographics
weekly meetings
management is very interested in keeping you up to date on how to process clean claims
Encourages you to sit with other employees to grasp more concepts
Pros
Flexibility/Benefits
A great institution, I enjoyed working for BCM
Instructor of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2016
In the am I was responsible for Admissions to the Ben Taub Hospital. I attended rounds by midmorning and worked in the out-patient setting in the afternoons.
I participated in Tumor Board on Wednesdays. I learned a great deal while attending rounds such as the different clinical trials and research studies that are conducted to find more effective ways to treat, prevent, or diagnosis cancer.
I was fortunate to have worked side by side with physicians who are expert in the field with a strong back ground in cancer treatments. My co-workers were all hard workers such as myself which made the work environment pleasant. We all worked well together and helped each other out when needed.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell a patient there is no cure available. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping patients through difficult times.
Pros
Constantly learning the latest treatment regimens. Attending NCCN conference yearly
Cons
long clinic days, sometimes lasting until 8:00-9:00 in the evening
Very easy place to work
Scheduling Specialist II / Computer Operator I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I started working for Baylor in Jan 2013. The job is very easy. Comfortable environment. Co-workers are very friendly. I have learned a lot while working here.
Good values
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
BCM is a fun and enjoyable place to work with good values. The people are great to work with and the environment is friendly.
Productive and educational place to work.
Laboratory Tech II/ Histology Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Baylor College of Medicine is a great place to work. Not only is there always something new to learn everyday but Baylor provides tuition assistance for anyone who wants to obtain a degree and make themselves more marketable.

Baylor College of Medicine Reviews by Location