Baylor Health Care System

Baylor Health Care System Employer Reviews

An excellecent system of hospitals now known as Baylor Scott & White Health
Contract Management Department (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Managed the contracts and pricing for the entire Baylor Health Care System for all surgical implants and new technology in this field from hundreds off implant manufacturers. A very past-paced and fun place to work.
A most wonderful orgranization.
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2014
As in any healthcare organization, every day is a new and exciting day. With Baylor Scott & White Health, the most exciting things are occurring on a constant basis. I am not fortunate to know much. However, just knowing the wonderful and dynamic leaders is an honor and a privilege beyond explanation.
Very stressful enviroment
Medical Assistant 1 (Former Employee), Family Medicine McKineyNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, very short breaks, high stress level, if the doctor doesn't succeed its the ma fault!!
This company is all about the almighty dollar, they DO NOT care about their employees, I worked for this company as a Medical Assistant I for 3+ years, you will work LONG hours, lucky if you get a lunch break, holidays come out of your PTO time they are not paid !!
There is much favoritism with the managers, if you applied & asked to interview RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! I was terminated for job performance & now trying to draw unemployment & they are trying to stop that!!
Enjoyed working for a top leading Hospital.
Transplant Financial Rep / Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2014
It was a very fast paced atmosphere, there was never a moment of just me time, catch up time, we stayed very busy.
Floater Transplant/GI/L&D/ED
Trainer Registration Specialist Patient Access (Former Employee), Dallas TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Schedules clinical services, obtains current and accurate demographics and insurance information in order to register patient, verifies insurance coverage and eligibility via phone, fax, and/or on-line. Obtains precertification from insurance companies, negotiates and collects deposits and co-payment/co-insurance amounts. Generally responsible for assuring correct billing information and minimizing the reimbursement risks associated with providing care to patients
Excellent work enviroment
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: experince in a hospital setting
Cons: would like to futher my career in the medical field
I love working for this company my objective is to provide multiple attributes to patients who are in need of health care. I would help bring the support to families by utilizing my experience, knowledge, and optimism. I am working with a team of professional individuals as a team player I welcome the opportunity of contributing to a team environment .
Good Work Environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: self scheduling, flexible, good benefits
Cons: low pay
Baylor is a good hospital to work for. Your clientele is great and you will see patients treated well. They are very supportive of your goals. Everyday you learn something new and you get a lot of experience with different conditions/treatments. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the miracles that happen.
Learning Experience
Patient Service /Receptionist (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 25, 2014
Baylor and Kelly Services took me so much in dealing with the Healthcare industry.

I owe all of my knowledge and skill set to Baylor Healthcare as well to Kelly services.
the only good thing about this place is the pay
AP (Current Employee), BaylorAugust 19, 2014
The benefits are good if you or your family dont get sick other than that they suck. My boss tells all of us all the time that there are hundreds of the ppl that would love to take our place anytime. Yea i know should be happy that i have a job well this job is so not worth it. Management sucks, there is no communication what so ever!!! so i would suggest you keep looking other than Baylor!!!
Management more concern about saving money than patient's safety.
RN (Former Employee), Grapevine,TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: nice new building but no staff.
Cons: lack of experienced nurses.
Unit being run by inexperienced nurses. Management will rather pay for the salary of one new grad than keep their experienced nurses. The management is more concern about saving money than safety of patients. I totally agree from previous reviewer about Grapevine. Nurses are leaving that place left and right. You cannot voice your opinion to management because they will threaten your job. Open door policy is not true. Very toxic place to work!
Management is bottom line and distant to nursing concerns or ignores staffing issues
staff nurse (Former Employee), GrapevineJune 30, 2014
Pros: always got positions.
Cons: short staffing with oppressive and arrogant nursing management.
Always short staffed. Charge Nurse Staff does the Baylor way by fear. Medical staff doesn't respect and dismissive of nursing and seems burned out. Management reviews staffing and patient flow constantly. House Supervisors direct Charge Nurses to sends staff home especially at last 4 hours near end of shift due to holding patients transferring to other units don't require workups anymore. Co-workers seem demoralized and just don't mention anything that can be negative due to punitive actions. This unit has very young and inexperience management trained in the Baylor nursing education pathway. I never saw teamwork unless the rare float nurse was motivated to help. Baylor has weekend options, always has jobs and they eventually started a pool staffing with Shiftwise to pick and chose to get some control of your exposure to this environment.
Baylor has emergency nursing jobs for entry if you have some experience. Long term employees lock onto weekend options or pool positions to survive.
Interesting place to work
ER Technician (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: rock star co-workers
Cons: little to no breaks, always short handed, and little to no support
Baylor Dallas has amazing management support and involvement, Baylor McKinney does not. Hardest part of employment in McKinney is it is a new facility that is overwhelmed by the number of patient's that are coming in vs the space to care for these patient's. My co-workers were amazing, but very little to no support from management for employees.
An innovated team oriented workplace dedicated to healthcare advancments
Administrative Assistant Quality Management (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 12, 2014
A great place to work. Team oriented with advancement opportunities.
NA
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2014
It is a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities. Great work/life balance.
Baylor was a very fun and nice place to work at.
Room Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: flex time and free bus pass.
Cons: n/a
I have learned how to be a team player during my time working at Baylor Hospital. And I also have learned how to be more organized and detail oriented. Because, if I am out of the office unexpected a person on my team can pick up where I left off and complete my work.
Great Place to work, especialy if you like to help below poverty level patients
NRCMA (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks!
Cons: emotional drainage
Here you get to help people from all walks of life. Most of our patients are below poverty level. This makes it challanging to provide the basic needs of help with shelter, food clothing and connection to health care/medications.
You are valued as a team player and all your hard work is reconized
good educational environment
Orthopedic Nurse (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 6, 2014
fast phase environment. engaged in many unit projects to improve our daily customer satisfaction
Too much kissing up to Medical Staff.
911 Dispatcher / Public Service Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: almost a real police department
Cons: not a real police department
Department of Public Safety should be for protecting the Public. Not making sure they have coffee and a ride home.
Poor Management
Physician Office Representative (Former Employee), Baylor Family Medical CenterFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: pto, benefits, 401k
Cons: management, lack of training
I worked for Baylor for over 5 years and after voicing my opinion on matters that management should have handled and did not follow up on, I proceeded to look for other employment, they (management) found a reason to fire me. It is really sad that instead of listening to my concerns and trying to fix things, they just find a reason to put you out the door and not only to put you out but to mark you to where you can no longer work for the company! I thought it was a Christian based organization but the actions of management was not Christian like. It is very poor management! Loved working with the doctors and medical staff, they were all great and made the workplace enjoyable! Benefits were great!!
Baylor
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 10, 2014
Great Place to work. Culture is great, and management truly values their employees. This is a fast paced environment. The organization is very lean and at times this makes it difficult to maintain an excellent level of customer service,

1 2 3 4

About Baylor Health Care System

The Baylor Health Care System (BHCS) offers an array¬†of health care services throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. BHCS – Read more