Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very busy days but the work load is not bad. You learn a lot about medical insurance. Company culture is very inclusive. The company is very friendly and it is easy and encouraged to ask for help.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work. Good supervisor challenging exciting and a great place to learn new skills. They are rank high in rehab aervices. They asdist. Patients with spinal cord injuries brain trauma and stroke
Been there three years
Rehab Aide Full Time (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 7, 2017
Three years and a little over a $1 raise...I feel so stupid. But I still love working there...almost everyone is nice. I guess that's why I have been here this long. But now I really need more money to survive. so I have to move on. Wish I got paid more :(
Poor Management
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
typical day is running morning reports and closing reports, 3 week training poor, poor management very unorganized, expectations are very high with poor salary rate. only positive part is working with positive coworkers
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training, Poor Communication
Na
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 19, 2017
The work environment has been nothing but supportive in growth and doing a good job. Getting to meet the different types of patients and the people I work with make you feel more like family then just a co-worker.
Former employee rehab tech
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2017
Not a good place to work there is racism and bullying present here at select specialty. They have their favorite picks and even the manager co-signs with gossip and foolish behaviors. I have witness fights and arguments with the Nurses and other staff members. I had to leave because I could not take the abuse of co-worker or management. They have let some patients almost die because of neglected practice.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Patient centered atmosphere and team work from all employees. Provides great training for new employees as well as PRN and even carves out time during the day to complete.
outpatient clinic
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 6, 2016
I am very disappointed with merging with Select everything change after merging. They only worry about productivity and money gain. (quantity vs quality) Threaten therapist to see more patient if not they fire you.
Great Staff; Great Support
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 24, 2016
The staff was extremely supportive and helpful. They were always willing to provide assistance with patients and to engage in conversations about clinical reasoning for diagnoses and interventions. Mangement was clear and upfront about expectations and needs of the organization.
Great learning environment, and awesome staff
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
First., job i had. this is a wonderful place to work, and learn. the doctors, and nursing that are the best. Best company.
Pros
everything is great
Baylor Rehab
Receptionist/Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
It is a great company to work for, they really care about their employees. The downside of being PRN is you don't get the hours you necessarily need.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2015
All departments work together to complete every day tasks. Upper management is great and always striving for the better, even if it's a tenth of a point.Everyone is friendly and really cares about the patients.
Day to Day
Clinical Liaison, RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2015
This is a marketing position and the hours are flexible. The day to day experience is great. A person must be able to communicate well, have excellant people skills and time management.
Productive Fun workplace as well as educational, healing enviroment.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be verifying insurance, following up with referrals, scheduling patients, and entering data into the system.

I learned how the physical therpay said of care how it really benefits the patient and how it helps them get back into their day to day lives.

My co-workers were very exceptional they cared about their pateints it wasnt just about the job they took the time out to listen and underdtand whats going with the pateint. most of all they made it fun to be at work.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to always meet eveyone needs because their siutation. it was also hard having to battle with the insurane company's just to get our patients in for therapy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the patients face and watching them go through the healing process, from start to finish.
Stayed here 3 years
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Seeing the amazing patients is what made me stay so long. Management had unreasonable expectations but there was great team work.
Great job until major changes took place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 9, 2015
This was a great place to work obviously, because I stayed for so long until being let go just short of 20 years due to a company wide decision to let all of the PTA's go in the outpatient facilities.. Everything was great until 2011 when there were major changes in the system. I felt then in my heart that someday soon I would lose my job, and I was right. The job had what I learned over the years to be fairly good benefits, including 401K, and continuing education. Being part of a large system had benefits such as being on top of all of the rules and regulations for Medicare and insurance, and PT rules and practices along with many other things that I could list that private practice wouldn't include. I just didn't realize it until it wasn't available anymore.
Benefits
Cons
getting laid off
Very poor work environment,
unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  FriscoSeptember 2, 2014
I highly recommend do.NOT even consider this place very poor work never get a break, favoritism with race, overworked.CEO terrible, a lot of backstabbing, gossip.A sister hospital of Select Medical a complete joke, hainus write ups ...DON'T even consider.
Pros
Cons
abuse
Could be awesome, but needs improvement!!!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  BIR NWJune 25, 2014
NorthWest itself is a beautiful hospital. The nurses, therapists, and patients made it so rewarding to come to work. When you enjoy what you do,and you have great co-workers, what could go wrong??? Oh yeah...the rules (BIR Values) aren't meant for everyone. If Administration could learn to have fairer practice, it could still be an awesome place to work. Need more patients to keep Census fair, so employees can work and not get cancelled so frequently.
Pros
Helping People get back to being themselves.
Cons
Management needs improvement to go to next level of being the best in business.
understaffed
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 12, 2014
understaffed in front an on treatment floor... All about numbers and money.
Productive Learning Atmosphere
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TxJanuary 22, 2014
I learned a lot of different techniques to help me progress In the medical field. My co-workers taught me many things being that this was my first job as a rehab assistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location