Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews in United States

Baylor Rehab
Receptionist/Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
It is a great company to work for, they really care about their employees. The downside of being PRN is you don't get the hours you necessarily need.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2015
All departments work together to complete every day tasks. Upper management is great and always striving for the better, even if it's a tenth of a point.Everyone is friendly and really cares about the patients.
Day to Day
Clinical Liaison, RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2015
This is a marketing position and the hours are flexible. The day to day experience is great. A person must be able to communicate well, have excellant people skills and time management.
Productive Fun workplace as well as educational, healing enviroment.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be verifying insurance, following up with referrals, scheduling patients, and entering data into the system.

I learned how the physical therpay said of care how it really benefits the patient and how it helps them get back into their day to day lives.

My co-workers were very exceptional they cared about their pateints it wasnt just about the job they took the time out to listen and underdtand whats going with the pateint. most of all they made it fun to be at work.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to always meet eveyone needs because their siutation. it was also hard having to battle with the insurane company's just to get our patients in for therapy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the patients face and watching them go through the healing process, from start to finish.
Stayed here 3 years
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Seeing the amazing patients is what made me stay so long. Management had unreasonable expectations but there was great team work.
Great job until major changes took place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 9, 2015
This was a great place to work obviously, because I stayed for so long until being let go just short of 20 years due to a company wide decision to let all of the PTA's go in the outpatient facilities.. Everything was great until 2011 when there were major changes in the system. I felt then in my heart that someday soon I would lose my job, and I was right. The job had what I learned over the years to be fairly good benefits, including 401K, and continuing education. Being part of a large system had benefits such as being on top of all of the rules and regulations for Medicare and insurance, and PT rules and practices along with many other things that I could list that private practice wouldn't include. I just didn't realize it until it wasn't available anymore.
benefits
Cons
getting laid off
Very poor work environment,
unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  FriscoSeptember 2, 2014
I highly recommend do.NOT even consider this place very poor work never get a break, favoritism with race, overworked.CEO terrible, a lot of backstabbing, gossip.A sister hospital of Select Medical a complete joke, hainus write ups ...DON'T even consider.
Cons
abuse
Could be awesome, but needs improvement!!!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  BIR NWJune 25, 2014
NorthWest itself is a beautiful hospital. The nurses, therapists, and patients made it so rewarding to come to work. When you enjoy what you do,and you have great co-workers, what could go wrong??? Oh yeah...the rules (BIR Values) aren't meant for everyone. If Administration could learn to have fairer practice, it could still be an awesome place to work. Need more patients to keep Census fair, so employees can work and not get cancelled so frequently.
Pros
helping people get back to being themselves.
Cons
management needs improvement to go to next level of being the best in business.
understaffed
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 12, 2014
understaffed in front an on treatment floor... All about numbers and money.
Productive Learning Atmosphere
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TxJanuary 22, 2014
I learned a lot of different techniques to help me progress In the medical field. My co-workers taught me many things being that this was my first job as a rehab assistant.
Great work family
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2014
At Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation you get to see a lot of great people, weather it is co workers or patients. You learn that family is more than blood related. I have had the pleasure of working with a wonderful team, and I've watched how we all come together to care for each other as well as our patients. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is losing a patient, it's like you've lost a family memeber. I have enjoyed the patients and all of my coworkers. The management staff is the best I've had the pleasure of working with, they understand things not just as they have a business to run but also that I'm a single mom and I have a commitment to my child as well.
Very professional and caring upper management.
Director of Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2013
Management truly gets in there and assists staff. They practice what they preach. Easy work environment with people who care about each other like family. The Nurses and Therapists are highly knowledgeable about rehab and what it takes to get our patients home and independent again. The most enjoyable thing about this job was seeing patients go home stronger than they even imagined. Very rewarding!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Enjoyed my employment. left only because as a Canadian my spouse could not obtain a SSN so my benefits for him were going to be cut off. Asked baylor to sponsor for green card but did not happen.
Loved Texas and would return.
Management can be a bit biased at rimes.
Pros
monday to friday employment
Cons
no green card sponsorship
Decent place to work
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2012
I've learned alot from my team and they are a very knowledgeable group. My manager is very flexible and she goes the extra mile for patients and employees. It is a very upbeat work environment and the patients love our transparency.
Pros
pros: very charitable/serviceable environment, great work experience
Cons
cons: short breaks, no entry level advancement, questionable pay.
It's a great hospital
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2012
Great hospital with great team to take care of patients. The pay is on the lower side compared to the market
A learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 29, 2012
Baylor is a great place to work and most departments are very flexible in regards to work hours,
Pros
discount meals
Cons
healthcare is expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location